Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Your honest opinion on Laundry day stuff.

Comments

• Options
    poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    player2 wrote: »
    I'm personally super excited about laundry. Not only can you still hang your clothes on the washing line in your back garden to dry them, but now there's a cleaning method that involves the washerboard! I love it. i'm very excited and all my households will be having some laundry equipment in them - suitable to the lot itself.
    I couldn't find it on Origin - can anyone help me out with a link?
    Unless it's not available to pre-buy x

Unfortunately the Stuff Packs aren't available for pre-buy. It will be there Tuesday and most likely at around 10am Pacific time. I'll see you in line!
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    My personal opinion is that the items are all fabulous and I will use them all the time, however the clothing sucks (though I love the dress for girls!). The game play looks surprisingly good. Overall I do actually like the stuff pack even if the theme isn't overall exciting and think the pack is getting a bit too much hate. I really appreciate how many items were separated because I love clutter. I hope the gurus will take more of community opinion on board in the future, and I like that in the stream grant addressed the thing about choosing accessory colours separately from hairstyles an issue they are aware about
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I didn't vote for Laundry Day but I did vote in every poll. I was only going to get LD to add to my builds because I thought others would want a laundry in the houses I build, But after watching the LS, I might place one in a few households to have fun with and, maybe, kill off a few sims.
  • Options
    NiLLANiLLA Posts: 514 Member
    Im actually more excited about the round table than anything else, but ill enjoy the laundry part too especially the clothes line.
    Been playing The Sims since 2001. Mother to a beautiful girl.
    scdwkk.png
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    They seem to have went really in depth with the laundry system, that's quite exciting as my mischievous sims now have more pranks to pull.
  • Options
    KJBKJB Posts: 173 Member
    I like the CAS and BB stuff a lot. Enough to pay $10 for it? I don't think so..
    0G9Un6T.gif
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I'm looking forward to it coming out next week. I did like the fact that you can put functioning laundry stuff into Granite Falls houses where they will work like those in your home lot.

It's a very good use for all the basements I've made for my own houses so I am now building basement laundry rooms for the lots in Granite Falls so I will be ready!
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited January 2018
    I watched the livestream and looking forward to it now. I originally wanted the dangerous pack (still do).
    I was really impressed though I have to say on the detail that went into the gameplay objects... washer, dryer, washtub, clothesline and hamper. It seems there is more gameplay than in prior stuff packs.
    The "stuff" alone I would have gotten the pack for. I love the womens clothes and hair and the mens shirts and hair. The childs clothes are cute too. I could do without more short pants for men... but at least they look kind of like scrunched sweatpants. The type of furniture is they made will match with what I normally use and I really love all the decor... like the hanging herbs, ironing board and the round table.
    I want to redo the hermit's house in Granite Falls now to use much of this stuff so I'll be cheating it. I'm thinking ahead also for a hopeful witch pack and can see using most of the decor in a cabin for how I see her.

My real seller on the pack is the definite nod to deviant players Graham said this is "potentially the most dangerous object in the Sims game to date" with warnings of not leaving children to do the laundry as they can't put out fires (wink, wink... nudge, nudge). By watching the stream it seems they also put in fail safes for people that wouldn't want fires or electrocution in their game... as in clean the trap, or upgrade the dryer and don't put in too much soap in the washer. It lines well with slobs, lazy, mischief and neat sims. I can imagine squeamish might have a reaction too. Was really happy too that you can use flowers for something else, they get little love in this game so far.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    ToreshinboToreshinbo Posts: 561 Member
    They have put a lot of thought in it which I appreciate. It's probably the biggest stuff pack to date.
    At first I was doubting it, but now I like it. And I appreciate they've said they didn't throw away the other ideas, so probably we might see these this year too! :smile:

Oh and those people who say: Why would you purchase this?!
    There is always going to be a pack where people say that.
    I actually like the fact there's many stuff packs as each have their own tastes, and the game works just as fine without certain packs.
    I always stand with: ''Don't like it? Don't buy it.''
  • Options
    CommaSpliceCommaSplice Posts: 171 Member
    Mostly I want it for the B/B items, but I also like realism for my sims and laundry lends itself to that.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    This SP has the most interactive objects in a pack ever. Usually, it's two, maybe three, but this one has a lot.
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    Honestly I'm very underwhelmed mostly because of the lazyiness of the gameplay. I mean really, you can change clothes anywhere on the lot and they magically teleport to the closest hamper on the lot? Smh. I mean, if it was in the same room, I could understand it. But this is ridiculous. Hopefully someone mods it out.
  • Options
    Misa_wants_PepsiMisa_wants_Pepsi Posts: 229 Member
    Meh. Not excited. I'll wait to see CAS and Buld, but i most likely wont buy it.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    My biggest problem isn't what's in it, but what isn't.
    I had hoped for much more advanced stuff (how about solar panels that lowers your bills? Or the pedal washing machine? Or...)

Right now my honest opinion is Meh +. Meaning I will buy it but maybe not this month.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    I didn't vote for laundry and despite the fact that it's very well put together I think to test it out I'll have my families with butlers give it a go. I'm only buying the pack because of the other items. What I'm really pining for is for my sims to have something different and maybe exciting to do. I would have liked wine making or crafting or travelling to exotic places and still hope this kind of stuff is in planned production. The music in the trailer made me laugh out loud. Such irony for the most boring of tasks a sim can do. But really we've had a spate of boredom for quite a while, toddlers, so cute, so lifelike, so boring after a while. I detest shooter games, but do want something like World Adventures or the future pack, or the Lunar Lakes world. Even a few fairies or witches.
  • Options
    DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited January 2018
    Not really fond of the theme, but it is at least not a dull and bore, unlike the other stuff packs. Compare this to bowling stuff pack, you really know who wins by hands down in terms of gameplay. That's the effort I wanted to see in the past and wish to see in the future.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    After watching some of the reviews, the gameplay that's added looks so boring. You pretty much just stand around and watch things happen, and the only benefit is what, a happy moodlet? It's too bad there isn't any other way to get a happy moodlet in this game [/sarcasm]. It just makes this pack feel so meaningless. Not wasting my time (though I will watch LGR when he reviews this, because he's hilarious)
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • Options
    GodleyjeansGodleyjeans Posts: 336 Member
    Personally I’m excited, I’m a big realistic simmer, laundry ironically is my favorite since the sims 3 and to have it back is a big plus for me. Understandably simmers aren’t as happy because it was original eco stuff and somehow became all about washing, but I’m finding the positives in what is no doubt going to be the most lackluster pack ever released.

My opinion on the game itself is that It’s a waste of votes and time from us because it went belly up anyway. But! Rather than be mad I’m gonna embrace it and just enjoy the pack for what it is....a disaster. A soapy disaster with cute hair and some nice things.
  • Options
    PaulaodomPaulaodom Posts: 22 Member
    Meh, I will most likely wait for a sale like I did with Cats & Dogs. I wasn't excited for it either and I knew the holiday sale was coming and I was able to get it for $19.99. I know the stuff packs are only like $10 but I can always just leave room in my builds for a laundry room for the ones that want it
  • Options
    lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    I'm really excited for this pack! Laundry was one of the biggest things I was missing in my game ever since the base game. Even though I find doing laundry boring in real life, in The Sims 3 I always found it fun, and also it's weird for me to build a house without a laundry room as in my country almost every house has a laundry room (it's weird just like building a house with no kitchen). And I got even more excited after I watched the livestream as the laundry system is very detailed and better than what I expected!
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I just watched bits and pieces of Deligracy's videos on another thread and I'm really looking forward to playing tomorrow night. I also might want to make some changes to my latest home build so can have a larger laundry room on the top floor.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    Ravager619 wrote: »
    I just watched bits and pieces of Deligracy's videos on another thread and I'm really looking forward to playing tomorrow night. I also might want to make some changes to my latest home build so can have a larger laundry room on the top floor.

I'm so glad to see I'm not the only one thinking my small laundry rooms won't cut it with this pack! There is so much in it that I know I'm going to want to expand.
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    AuzzPandaAuzzPanda Posts: 1,235 Member
    I think it's SO good! I've been so sick of the repetitive, un-in-depth, shallow, lack-luster gameplay like ugh but this'll get me into it again! For MONTHS at least! Like DLC should! I could never get tired of those animations. It'll be so much fun! I was giving up and looking at other games but now, I can finally go back to the sims 4 and have fun!
    23rif7.gif
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    AuzzPanda wrote: »
    I think it's SO good! I've been so sick of the repetitive, un-in-depth, shallow, lack-luster gameplay like ugh but this'll get me into it again! For MONTHS at least! Like DLC should! I could never get tired of those animations. It'll be so much fun! I was giving up and looking at other games but now, I can finally go back to the sims 4 and have fun!

Ha ha. Wasn't sure if this was sarcasm so I had to check some of your previous comments. :p
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Laundry rooms must be an American thing. A washing machine under a counter and a clothesline and we're done where I'm from.