Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Your honest opinion on Laundry day stuff.

Comments

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited January 2018
    So_Money wrote: »
    IMO, things like this should either be in the game to begin with, or not at all. Obviously the decision not to have laundry be part of sims' daily routines was a gameplay-driven one that was made in the very beginning, and I don't get suddenly going ahead with it four years later because of poll results.

This pack is sort of the equivalent of a pair of socks for Christmas, except that sometimes a new pair of socks are actually needed.

Surely they must have a more interesting list of content they want to include--or are they really so short of ideas?

New CAS items are nice and all, but it's things to do that I'm after, and this just doesn't move the needle for me.

Anyway, I can't imagine this will be one of the top selling packs, but we shall see.

This was a community picked pack - can't help it if you decided not to vote on everything. We choose - we picked all the content - not EA. So nothing you just said made sense. We had 5 options to choose from for the theme - What part of players choosing do you not get?We choose they style. We chose the clothes. We choose the build buy content. We chose the premium content and most of the Simmers voted for laundry - I voted for Off the grid eco friendly myself - but the majority choose laundry - so that was what it was for the premium. We even choose the name of the pack. So apparently a year later having a tantrum over what players chose sort of indicates more with other choices should have helped pick.

We got to chose between: Arcades, Wedding pack, Starter Home: Dangerous pack, and this one.We went through numerous votes through out the making of the pack - open to ALL members that had Sims 4.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    KiernonKiernon Posts: 47 Member
    I really like this pack I always wanted laundry in sims 4 to add to the simulation vibe!
  • Options
    ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    At first I was like, the outfits and items look cool and I'm getting it for free so I have no problem with it.
    But after watching the live stream for the Laundry Day Stuff Pack I think that it's actually A LOT deeper than normal stuff packs are. The trailer doesn't really do justice for the pack.
    Tbh it gives me hope that future stuff packs will be as big and well made as this one seems to be.
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    IMO, things like this should either be in the game to begin with, or not at all. Obviously the decision not to have laundry be part of sims' daily routines was a gameplay-driven one that was made in the very beginning, and I don't get suddenly going ahead with it four years later because of poll results.

This pack is sort of the equivalent of a pair of socks for Christmas, except that sometimes a new pair of socks are actually needed.

Surely they must have a more interesting list of content they want to include--or are they really so short of ideas?

New CAS items are nice and all, but it's things to do that I'm after, and this just doesn't move the needle for me.

Anyway, I can't imagine this will be one of the top selling packs, but we shall see.

This was a community picked pack - can't help it if you decided not to vote on everything. We choose - we picked all the content - not EA. So nothing you just said made sense. We had 5 options to choose from for the theme - What part of players choosing do you not get?We choose they style. We chose the clothes. We choose the build buy content. We chose the premium content and most of the Simmers voted for laundry - I voted for Off the grid eco friendly myself - but the majority choose laundry - so that was what it was for the premium. We even choose the name of the pack. So apparently a year later having a tantrum over what players chose sort of indicates more with other choices should have helped pick.

We got to chose between: Arcades, Wedding pack, Starter Home: Dangerous pack, and this one.We went through numerous votes through out the making of the pack - open to ALL members that had Sims 4.

He gave his opinion which is what the OP asked for from people. I don't get why people are jumping at him for it.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited January 2018

First of all, I'm not having a tantrum; I'm just writing words.

As I explained in an above post, I have a fundamental issue with turning over decisions to the community when the game has more pressing issues.

They decided to go that route, and they controlled what the community's options were. So where we land as a result is still ultimately EA/Maxis' responsibility.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member

As I explained in an above post, I have a fundamental issue with turning over decisions to the community when the game has more pressing issues.

They decided to go that route, and they controlled what the community's options were. So where we land as a result is still ultimately EA/Maxis' responsibility.

Did you vote at all in any of the votes which were held? If not you can't complain about what we get. Oh and this isn't EA's responsibility. They wanted to show us-the simmers what's its like working on a pack. This was the only way they could make it interactive.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    We asked for months for more info so the sp pack team were good enough to find a way to share the process. Many of us loved being a part of that pack even if we did not get our first choices - it was still the voice of the majority that were interested and it was open TO ALL Sims 4 Simmers. It answered a lot of questions that many people did not know in a way even people with less knowledge on making games could be a part and understand.

We give Graham and all the folks involved a big thumbs up and a suggestion that perhaps we can do that again in Sims 4. I loved being a part of this process and welcome another.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    BenincasaBenincasa Posts: 104 Member
    I can't believe this thread has turned into "laundry shaming" teens who doesn't do laundry and people attacking others for having an opinion. Does it really matter if people voted or not, are they not allowed to give an opinion?

Anyway, honest opinion is that I would only play this if it was a gift from someone or I won it.
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited January 2018
    MadameLee wrote: »

Did you vote at all in any of the votes which were held? If not you can't complain about what we get. Oh and this isn't EA's responsibility. They wanted to show us-the simmers what's its like working on a pack. This was the only way they could make it interactive.

1. Yes, I voted. So I guess I can complain?

2. How is it not EA's responsibility? They chose to open it up to the community. They set up the list of options.

3. Is making a pack an interactive community experience really important? Is pulling back the curtain a priority? Isn't the idea to create the best game possible? Shouldn't developers, you know, develop?

Sorry to derail the thread, OP. I've said my piece.
    Post edited by So_Money on
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    I don’t have a problem with laundry, I have a problem with paying for it. This could have been part of an EP. I’m always happy to get new features , but I think it’s ridiculous to have a SP called laundry day. It even sounds lame lol

You know you're paying for it either way though right? That development time is used somewhere. If they use the resources to put it in an expansion then it wont be as fleshed out, plus other things will be left out of the pack.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    jus1nickiejus1nickie Posts: 360 Member
    Its just a stuff pack so I don't really mind what comes in them. Plus there will be many more stuff packs so :| . Its not bad for a stuff pack to be honest...I mean its better compared to cool kitchen stuff. I think some people don't like it because it seems like a waste of a chance for the community to choose/make a stuff pack by Laundry winning the vote. Hopefully we get another chance to make or vote on another stuff pack.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member

2. How is it not EA's responsibility? They chose to open it up to the community. They set up the list of options.

3. Is making a pack an interactive community experience really important? Is pulling back the curtain a priority? Isn't the idea to create the best game possible? Shouldn't developers, you know, develop?

Sorry to detail the thread, OP. I've said my piece.

Because people were complaing about certian packs?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Can we iron clothes?
  • Options
    micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    I did not want Laundry or vote for it. Laundry is something that I felt should have been in the game from the beginning or something that came with another pack. However I am intrigued by this stuff pack. It appears to have a great deal of depth for a simple laundry pack. I also like that it seems to be giving us back some control in how we play. I said I was taking a break from buying any more content but I might have to pick this one up. I am going to wait until it is out to decide.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    Can we iron clothes?

No, ironing is not a feature in the pack.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    I don’t have a problem with laundry, I have a problem with paying for it. This could have been part of an EP. I’m always happy to get new features , but I think it’s ridiculous to have a SP called laundry day. It even sounds lame lol

You know you're paying for it either way though right? That development time is used somewhere. If they use the resources to put it in an expansion then it wont be as fleshed out, plus other things will be left out of the pack.

Yes... I said that already. As fleshed out? It’s doing laundry ... it doesnf require much to be good. At least the objects are nice and some of the clothes, because the male clothes are hideous.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options

Sorry to detail the thread, OP. I've said my piece.

Because people were complaing about certian packs?

What does that have to do with it? People will complain regardless and even when this started it was a mess. We voted for an eco living SP and we got the opposite. This obsession with laundry is just weird to me, it’s cringy.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member
    I can't believe they're releasing a pack just for laundry and it doesn't even have the option to iron the clothes. Honestly, it's a really simple thing that takes 4 steps: wash, dry, iron and fold. How hard could that be, even for a Stuff Pack...
  • Options
    KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    I did not vote for Laundry but I know a lot of people did vote for it I'm not going to buy Laundry I do it too much in real life so that's not for me however I hope people who do buy it enjoy doing Laundry.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    We asked for months for more info so the sp pack team were good enough to find a way to share the process. Many of us loved being a part of that pack even if we did not get our first choices - it was still the voice of the majority that were interested and it was open TO ALL Sims 4 Simmers. It answered a lot of questions that many people did not know in a way even people with less knowledge on making games could be a part and understand.

We give Graham and all the folks involved a big thumbs up and a suggestion that perhaps we can do that again in Sims 4. I loved being a part of this process and welcome another.
    Oh please never again. I can imagine it now outdoor activities with many amazing options wins and the community votes for Mowing The Lawn Stuff.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    ChadSims2 wrote: »

Oh please never again. I can imagine it now outdoor activities with many amazing options wins and the community votes for Mowing The Lawn Stuff.

Same here. Can’t believe I’m about to say this... but i much rather have the developers deciding for the stuff we will get in the future. But I’m not going to sit here and wait for the community to vote for mowing the lawn stuff.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member

Yes... I said that already. As fleshed out? It’s doing laundry ... it doesnf require much to be good. At least the objects are nice and some of the clothes, because the male clothes are hideous.

What I mean is, compare Laundry in it's own pack in sims 4 to a side not in sims 3 ambitions.

There are tons of new things that are fleshed out in sims 4 laundry day. Dirty Laundry will appear in any hamper as long as there is one on the house, no longer needs 1 hamper per room. Slob and Lazy sims however will still spawn dirty laundry on the floor. Laundry is actually spawned based on your state. If you were just swimming the pile will be wet, if your hygiene was bad it will be nasty etc. Laundry will detoriate the longer it's set out. Children can do it. Children and Teens get responsibility from doing laundry. There are different cycles you can upgrade in. You have to clean the lint trap to prevent fires. They are stackable. You can sabotage it with bubbles. You can sabotage it with food. You can add fragrances to it to make laundry smell nicer. The wash bin gives a little fitness skill, cats play with the water droplets and like to lay on the warm dryer etc.

There's so much more, @simgirl1010 made an entire thread on the new in depth things.

Seriously, we wouldn't have any of this if it was just some after thought in a big expansion pack.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    edited January 2018

What I mean is, compare Laundry in it's own pack in sims 4 to a side not in sims 3 ambitions.

There are tons of new things that are fleshed out in sims 4 laundry day. Dirty Laundry will appear in any hamper as long as there is one on the house, no longer needs 1 hamper per room. Slob and Lazy sims however will still spawn dirty laundry on the floor. Laundry is actually spawned based on your state. If you were just swimming the pile will be wet, if your hygiene was bad it will be nasty etc. Laundry will detoriate the longer it's set out. Children can do it. Children and Teens get responsibility from doing laundry. There are different cycles you can upgrade in. You have to clean the lint trap to prevent fires. They are stackable. You can sabotage it with bubbles. You can sabotage it with food. You can add fragrances to it to make laundry smell nicer. The wash bin gives a little fitness skill, cats play with the water droplets and like to lay on the warm dryer etc.

There's so much more, @simgirl1010 made an entire thread on the new in depth things.

Seriously, we wouldn't have any of this if it was just some after thought in a big expansion pack.

I watched the livestream so I know what the game includes. During the whole hour and a half I was thinking... oh wow imagine the deph we would have gotten in something cool if they managed to include so much stuff for laundry. Yes it’s well done, good for the devs, but the theme in general is lame. If we had chosen something fun I bet we would have gotten like a really really cool SP. instead we got a very complete system to do ... laundry. It’s my dream come true.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    Normally I wouldn't buy a pack solely dedicated to something as mundane as laundry.

But the CAS and BB items are good. I'm sure I'll use some of them a lot, so the laundry's just a bonus.

And after seeing the live stream, I'm amazed at how intricate they made the laundry system. Clothing piles have several states, and you can put in additives.

My only complaint was that they didn't make something as complex for other leisure activities that came in their own SP, like bowling. Bowling is so basic for something that got its own pack. Sims don't talk while playing, there are no scoreboards, they still only have one throw per round instead of two, and so on. It's bizarre that more thought was put into laundry than bowling, to be honest.

me to looks great
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    player2player2 Posts: 50 Member
    I'm personally super excited about laundry. Not only can you still hang your clothes on the washing line in your back garden to dry them, but now there's a cleaning method that involves the washerboard! I love it. i'm very excited and all my households will be having some laundry equipment in them - suitable to the lot itself.
    I couldn't find it on Origin - can anyone help me out with a link?
    Unless it's not available to pre-buy x