Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Your honest opinion on Laundry day stuff.

Comments

• Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I was completely against the idea of purchasing this pack, but I'm beginning to come around on it.

I mean, if it gives you something to do..., you know?

True.. but how long for? A sim day, 2 a week? Then it’s the same old, same old.
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    *facepalm*
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    I'm not gonna lie I'm in the percentage that voted for laundry, I'm mainly a builder and a family player so this will be awesome for my stories on my simstagram. I think a lot of people are mad about it because they either A. wanted something never done before not a remake or B. Play the Sims as a fantasy roleplaying game and wanted more supernaturals. The ones that voted for laundry were probably builders and family players which i imagine makes up a large percentage of the Sim population.

I don't want more supernaturals, but I just can't wrap my head around "the great stories" that can be told because of this.
    I am not attacking you, btw, I just don't see it. "And then Lisa Dun Dun Dun! Did LAUNDRY!"
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    I wanted laundry and canning. Since a modder has already taken care of my canning needs, all I needed was laundry. I didn't care about anything else of the list. I think it would be great to have more eco friendly things, but it wasn't a priority for me.

Wait. There's canning? Where, oh where, please!

Here you go: http://modthesims.info/d/598557
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    I wanted laundry and canning. Since a modder has already taken care of my canning needs, all I needed was laundry. I didn't care about anything else of the list. I think it would be great to have more eco friendly things, but it wasn't a priority for me.

Thanks so much @SageRainWillow . Is it working okay with the new patch for Laundry?

• Options
    tobumontobumon Posts: 680 Member
    I don't normally have mods but this canning thing sounds pretty cool, and it was the option I voted for in the poll. I thought it'd be perfect for my gardener Sim. I was so bummed when people decided to do laundry over it...
  • Options
    alisandrealisandre Posts: 9 New Member
    What I want to know is what's up with this "Wreath of Living Brambles" in the Build/Buy stuff

description is as follows:
    MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM NO DROP
    Slot: WALL
    Skill: GARDENING
    Effect: Nature's Blight
    Focus Effect: Silence of the Snake
    Cotton R: +0 G: +0 B:+10 A: +10
    Wicker R: +0 G: +0 B:+80 A: +60
    Flowers: R: +0 G: +10 B:+30 A: +80
    Size: 1x1x1
    Occult: DRU
    Race: SIM

Nature's Blight
    Effect: Diffuses mystic protection, allowing spells to do more damage.

Silence of the Snake
    Effect: Causes Sims to be less hateful of any heal or damage spell that is cast.

Environment: 1
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member

Thanks so much @SageRainWillow . Is it working okay with the new patch for Laundry?

I don't know yet. I'm just getting home now and haven't installed it yet. Icemunmun is very quick with updates to her mods, so bookmark that link and check the comments. People will confirm whether or not it breaks.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    JoseffJoseff Posts: 546 Member
    For a Stuff Pack I personally think it’s great so far! It has some nice clutter items and the option to add Laundry in the game makes for more a realistic gaming experience if you’re into that kinda thing.
  • Options

I don't know yet. I'm just getting home now and haven't installed it yet. Icemunmun is very quick with updates to her mods, so bookmark that link and check the comments. People will confirm whether or not it breaks.

Great to know that about her. I'll watch the comments. Thanks again, and ENJOY your game.

• Options
    Sasquatch7Sasquatch7 Posts: 240 Member
    Personally, I'm enjoying it. I know it is boring to a lot of people, but I enjoy making my Sims do chores, so I was happy to stick a washer and dryer in their houses right away. I also like the clothing and decorations that come with the pack. Laundry wasn't my choice in the stuff pack poll, but I'm fine with it.
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    alisandre wrote: »
    What I want to know is what's up with this "Wreath of Living Brambles" in the Build/Buy stuff

Nature's Blight

Silence of the Snake
    Effect: Causes Sims to be less hateful of any heal or damage spell that is cast.

ooooo I wonder if we will get Druids! That would be new to the sims!
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    estella_deeestella_dee Posts: 263 Member
    I was completely against the idea of purchasing this pack, but I'm beginning to come around on it.

^^THIS. This is what is most frustrating. I will admit it's fun (so far). but I don't think this pack, like any other pack (EP and GP included), I don't think it will last that long. not even a week.

my honest opinion, it's ok. I mean, well... Kinda wished there was a laundry mat location (a new location would have honestly justify the price for me). I don't buy the excuse they gave on the stream. I think they didn't include a new location, because this IS just a stuff pack. It's not like they didn't have enough time to do it, they did say they had enough time to make other assets. I think it's just giving a new location on a stuff pack would have given us more content. We can't have that. again, it's ok. but oh well, don't really get excited much anymore. Less expectation = less frustration. :D
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member

^^THIS. This is what is most frustrating. I will admit it's fun (so far). but I don't think this pack, like any other pack (EP and GP included), I don't think it will last that long. not even a week.

my honest opinion, it's ok. I mean, well... Kinda wished there was a laundry mat location (a new location would have honestly justify the price for me). I don't buy the excuse they gave on the stream. I think they didn't include a new location, because this IS just a stuff pack. It's not like they didn't have enough time to do it, they did say they had enough time to make other assets. I think it's just giving a new location on a stuff pack would have given us more content. We can't have that. again, it's ok. but oh well, don't really get excited much anymore. Less expectation = less frustration. :D

I never understand this rationale. You could say that about every single feature in every sims game to date. The game is not different each time you load it. You take your sims skating once, twice, and once they master it then never again? Your sims reaches level 10 in cooking, learns to prepare all meals, then never cooks again? No, they have to eat so they continue to prepare meals. My sims is maxed in the yoga skill yet I still enjoy sending her to the spa for yoga classes and a massage. For me laundry is a feature that I will incorporate into my existing gameplay. Sure the thrill of doing it the first few times won't last but that doesn't mean my sims will wash clothes a couple of times and then never again. It will be part of their routine going forward. The hamper will eventually get full and the laundry will have to be done. It will also serve as another means of helping kids gain responsibility.
  • Options
    ElokaEloka Posts: 184 Member
    ladybreid wrote: »
    alisandre wrote: »

Nature's Blight

Silence of the Snake

ooooo I wonder if we will get Druids! That would be new to the sims!

My goood, I want druids now!
  • Options
    aud_limhingaud_limhing Posts: 53 Member
    I didn't vote for laundry but I've come around to the idea of it and bought the pack. I really was hoping for the off the grid theme to win.

Also does anyone know if the livestream house is available for download?
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited January 2018
    Druids? DRUIDS? I can easily pass on the laundry pack, but if druids are coming out, I'm totally getting them. If they are, hopefully they come with a new wooded, forest type world with a bunch of lots. More than 5 lots. Maybe 10 lots; they could be small.

Oh, I totally want druid sims. I already see clandestine romances between a druid and vampire and all the families disapprove.
  • Options

And that’s the worry. I can see how in many situations Laundry would be useful for storytelling like for example a homeless challenge with the wash tub but after a few cycles of laundry is it going to be fun still rather than a pain in the neck?

What was the excuse they gave? We have had venues with a stuff pack with Bowling although technically I guess to them that doesn’t count as it wasn’t a new venue type it’s a bar. Like you had we got a functioning laundromat I think it would have added more value as I get a lot of use out of the one in the sims 3
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I like it actually :) in TS3 I always make laundry rooms as well and I love it because it adds a touch of a realism that may be boring to some but when I'm not playing supernaturals, I tend to play very realistic games. My sim now has her daughter and toddler to take care of, do her daily gardening, cleaning (so happy we have those vacuum cleaners now cause the mom is a slob and it's noticable, even with the laundry which I enjoy), laundry, cooking, and every now and again she has time to take the dog on a walk but it's usually dad when he comes home at night. ^^ so yeah for me it fits my playstyle a lot. It's exactly as I expected it to be and I love the dripping clothes and the little piles of folded stuff (it's a cute touch). Clutter is nice, items are nice, CAS is nice. So all I all, for 8,99 euros I'm happy :)
  • Options
    Elegantblkchina1Elegantblkchina1 Posts: 103 Member
    edited January 2018
    Why are people jumping on @So_Money?? It's their opinion and they have a right to it. Then making assumptions that they didn't vote just because they didn't like the results?? Grow up! So_Money can have any opinion they want it's an open discussion so quit trying to shut up people who don't have the same opinion as you. There are a lot of people that didn't want this pack and there were plenty that did, therefore some got what they wanted and some didn't. The vote could have very well gone to another pack and then you might be the one giving YOUR opinion that you didn't like it or deemed it unnecessary. I've been playing Sims since 1 and EA is milking Sims 4 for every little dime they can get. It's ridiculous that they keep releasing packs and items that should have already been in the game or part of an update or other GP/EP. They've been at this for how many years? 4? And we still only have one "vacation" spot? Still no higher education? Really?? But we get to do laundry? Oh, lovely...no really...lovely.

Instead of nickel and diming their consumers, how about fixing things like the Detective Career that hardly anyone can play because of the insane glitches. I agree with another poster that laundry should have been part of Parenthood and not it's own stuff pack. And this nonsense about if it came with an expansion it wouldn't be as detailed?? So what! Would you even have noticed? Did any of you complain about the levels of dirtiness or the inability to clean the lint trap when we first got washing machines on previous Sims games? Probably not...why? BECAUSE IT'S LAUNDRY!! Don't get me wrong I really like the pack, but it just wasn't necessary, in MY opinion, to dedicate a whole stuff pack to it.

And no we wouldn't have been paying for it anyway as someone stated if it came in an expansion pack. You see, buying an expansion pack with laundry would still be $39, but buying an expansion pack for say Parenthood and then buying a stuff pack for laundry equals around $50. See how that works?

To each their own I say, either you buy or you don't, but ganging up on someone because they have an opinion you don't like?? Grow up TODAY.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Why are people jumping on @So_Money?? It's their opinion and they have a right to it. Then making assumptions that they didn't vote just because they didn't like the results?? Grow up! So_Money can have any opinion they want it's an open discussion so quit trying to shut up people who don't have the same opinion as you. There are a lot of people that didn't want this pack and there were plenty that did, therefore some got what they wanted and some didn't. The vote could have very well gone to another pack and then you might be the one giving YOUR opinion that you didn't like it or deemed it unnecessary. I've been playing Sims since 1 and EA is milking Sims 4 for every little dime they can get. It's ridiculous that they keep releasing packs and items that should have already been in the game or part of an update or other GP/EP. They've been at this for how many years? 4? And we still only have one "vacation" spot? Still no higher education? Really?? But we get to do laundry? Oh, lovely...no really...lovely.

Instead of nickel and diming their consumers, how about fixing things like the Detective Career that hardly anyone can play because of the insane glitches. I agree with another poster that laundry should have been part of Parenthood and not it's own stuff pack. And this nonsense about if it came with an expansion it wouldn't be as detailed?? So what! Would you even have noticed? Did any of you complain about the levels of dirtiness or the inability to clean the lint trap when we first got washing machines on previous Sims games? Probably not...why? BECAUSE IT'S LAUNDRY!! Don't get me wrong I really like the pack, but it just wasn't necessary, in MY opinion, to dedicate a whole stuff pack to it.

And no we wouldn't have been paying for it anyway as someone stated if it came in an expansion pack. You see, buying an expansion pack with laundry would still be $39, but buying an expansion pack for say Parenthood and then buying a stuff pack for laundry equals around $50. See how that works?

To each their own I say, either you buy or you don't, but ganging up on someone because they have an opinion you don't like?? Grow up TODAY.

Thats not how that works at all. Devs cant just crank out content for free. If we got laundry in another pack then that means it would replace something else. Because the development time for laundry would take away from abother project. Either way, we are paying for it.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options

Thats not how that works at all. Devs cant just crank out content for free. If we got laundry in another pack then that means it would replace something else. Because the development time for laundry would take away from abother project. Either way, we are paying for it.

There’s a difference between the two though. For example I bought The sims 3 ambitions. One of the many, many features included was laundry. I didn’t go out and buy ambitions solely for laundry and personally I don’t know anyone that did. Laundry was not centre stage and nor should it have been. My £29.99 got me new careers, a new world, new skills objects cas items etc and laundry.

Laundry in a stuff pack however it is centre stage and it’s the main feature and while people may be buying it for build mode or cas items really it comes down to the new gameplay object and “new thing for your sims to do” (which a lot of people are buying it for ) is laundry and this time we are paying for laundry. Least with ambitions you could think well it’s a small fish in a big pond, I’m not buying it for that, it’s a bonus if you will. I dint feel for example I paid 29.99 solely for laundry, if I were to buy laundry stuff I would be paying 9.99 for laundry and getting no additional game play or features.

I think laundry should have been part of an expansion or Game pack. It would have went well with parenthood as the game play item. The same way Bowling should have been part of another pack. Let stuff packs have stuff in them and leave the “premium” game play item out and put them back in with bigger packs. But they won’t do that. Financially they would take a hit as you can make far more money selling laundry, Parenthood and say toddler stuff individually then combining. Stuff packs without a premium item probably wouldn’t sell as well and considering stuff packs are the “meat” (opinions on the quality of the meat differ) of the series as we are now on stuff pack thirteen, they won’t be going anywhere anytime soon. This is a practise they will drag out till the bitter end.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    When I return to TS4, I will buy this pack. I know me, inside and out. :p Mrs. Hudson will have a lot of laundry to do since Sherlock is a slob in my game. And poor Mrs. Johnson, the housekeeper at Collinwood will have seven Sims to pick up after. I think it adds a lot of gameplay if you play as a live-in housekeeper, let alone others who just like it in their game. The trick when playing as a housekeeper is to tie your hands behind your back and not control the others and only control the housekeeper as seven other Sims drive you crazy. :D
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    When I return to TS4, I will buy this pack. I know me, inside and out. :p Mrs. Hudson will have a lot of laundry to do since Sherlock is a slob in my game. And poor Mrs. Johnson, the housekeeper at Collinwood will have seven Sims to pick up after. I think it adds a lot of gameplay if you play as a live-in housekeeper, let alone others who just like it in their game. The trick when playing as a housekeeper is to tie your hands behind your back and not control the others and only control the housekeeper as seven other Sims drive you crazy. :D

I have actually been thinking about doing a "challenge" (in quotes because not an official challenge with defined rules, just challenging for me) of creating a big household and only controlling one sim. Obviously the live in NPCs would need to be either slobs, lazy or insane. I guess laundry could add some fun to that. Perhaps a reason to get the pack sooner rather than later ... I must ponder this further.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

I have actually been thinking about doing a "challenge" (in quotes because not an official challenge with defined rules, just challenging for me) of creating a big household and only controlling one sim. Obviously the live in NPCs would need to be either slobs, lazy or insane. I guess laundry could add some fun to that. Perhaps a reason to get the pack sooner rather than later ... I must ponder this further.

Reminds me of that Cinderella challenge, or maybe role-playing as a maid for a family of slobs :D
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?