Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will the arrival of toddlers change your opinion of TS4?

Now that Toddlers have arrived it will be interesting to see how the temperature of this forum will change.
How does this announcement affect your opinion of the game overall?

Comments

• Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    I like the sims 4 now, I am really growing to like it.
    They did a fab job Imo and it was well worth waiting for. The toddlers seem so much more clever than in previous games and I love the interactions they got it, way more than I expected (when I asked) and much better than expected. I really do think they did good. Idk if I'm the only one but I prefer them over previous games, they just feel more... toddlerish?
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    Clk1143Clk1143 Posts: 1,014 Member
    From the comments I have read many are actually installing sims 4 back onto your computers to play it. It may take a couple weeks to see if those people continue to play sims 4. It has to sink in for a while I think. As for myself, doesn't change my opinion on sims4, I already liked it and one of the biggest missing things for me was in fact vampires which we are getting soon.
  • Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    edited January 2017
    I remain skeptical, but I'm going to play around with it and buy some DLCs because now I'm optimistic in the direction that the game is heading in :)
    Plus, it would be nice to have a version of Sims that is not 2 and that doesn't lag a lot for me.
  • Options
    carlymichellecarlymichelle Posts: 3,402 Member
    im so excited this morning
  • Options
    iriefthiiriefthi Posts: 1,073 Member
    It changes my opinion very much of course!! :) I already said in another thread that i will stop ranting and complaining. Toddlers were a core feature for me because my playstyle is generational, i always play with families and in sims 4 i couldn't enjoy it because it creeped me out the whole straight baby to child thing! I wanted to feel the whole cycle of raising a child. Long story short i am super content and i am still missing only weather and pets and i will be a happy simmer but above everything i wanted toddlers and i believe the rest are on the way! I never cared too much about the other missing features in sims 4! And if we exclude the open world i always liked sims 4 more than sims 3...
  • Options
    blueturtleotterblueturtleotter Posts: 867 Member
    edited January 2017
    The vampire pack warmed my feeling towards The Sims 4 as I felt that that GP looked like it had had a high amount of effort put into its creation; that the developers had considered what players wanted and acted on it. Now, with the addition of toddlers to the game, and the fact that they are incredibly detailed, yes, my opinion is changing. I am optimistic.

I want burglars, police officers, firemen and graveyards back asap. Once they have returned to the game, the base will be complete.
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    I've been asking for toddlers; I got them. That equals an ecstatically happy moi. I've always liked things from the previous packs but wasn't willing to look passed 'no toddlers'. Now I can. I guess that changes my opinion?

Sure, there are still things that need tweaking (please please, shorter teens) but yeah, I'm pretty satisfied right now. I feel whole again. With a few flaws I'm willing to live with. The cracks are healed.

--T
  • Options
    uo_aaronjduo_aaronjd Posts: 425 Member
    Yes!
    And they did it for free is just ...wow
    Id hug them all and buy drinks
    Mixture of emotions atm...strange thing how a game can do that
    Now scuse me while i must be a man..... and have a quiet blub in the corner
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup
  • Options
    zOmBiEcLoWnzOmBiEcLoWn Posts: 48 Member
    I haven't played much since Get to Work came out, but I'll give it another crack this weekend. I'd like to see how the toddlers and jacked-up teeth make it better for me.
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    edited January 2017
    Yes! It really does! I can be so much more patient about other things I want in expansion packs now (seasons) that we have this precious base game content so beautifully executed. Gone are the days of "nice update, but why did we get that instead of toddlers?"
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    edited January 2017
    I still played The Sims 4 without toddlers, but I still criticized it for lacking them... but now I feel like The Sims 4 is almost 100% complete with them back in the game! <3 All I really want now is Seasons (hopefully they make an expansion pack). I think the biggest thing about toddlers returning to the game is the fact that it was 100% free! A lot of people were starting to think that we would have to pay for them. The fact that they came for free is even better! :smiley:
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    uo_aaronjd wrote: »
    Yes!
    And they did it for free is just ...wow
    Id hug them all and buy drinks
    Mixture of emotions atm...strange thing how a game can do that
    Now scuse me while i must be a man..... and have a quiet blub in the corner
    Lol. I know it's got me all emotional. Squealing, laughing, crying, I feel like a right insane maniac.

But, yes, I am going to FLY home from work tomorrow and re-install the game and will be playing non-stop over the weekend and I can start to look forward to vampires too (that's not already out, is it?) - I had uninstalled Origin and the game and was totally avoiding ts4 forums until a kind soul tagged me today to let me know the news.

I did like ts4 anyway and had played it for quite a while but got totally disenchanted, hence the uninstallation. This changes things big time for me.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    These toddlers are fantastic, but I liked the game already before. I hope they will manage to fix more bugs, then this can be the greatest Sims game of all.
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    I've always liked it so that doesn't change but I am more hopeful following the advancements in CL and this addition in the direction Maxis is traveling and I have a little more trust than I did this morning. I mostly believed that toddlers would eventually make an appearance but it was hard month after month of not seeing them arrive to really believe they would. In the end I quite like CL and I'm starting to get really impressed with the Vampires pack and now Toddlers. It's looking up. Now, I'll just get prepared for the other shoe to drop- lol.
  • Options
    cameronw209cameronw209 Posts: 1,497 Member
    For someone who already liked the game, but had some reservations about the latest content (CL), all I can say is the detail that has gone into toddlers is amazing. I've never been a fan of them, but have been playing with them for the last hour and they are *fun* (!!).

This update reassures me about the future of the game because it shows that when The Sims team focuses on something so particular, we can get an amazing result. Game Packs, especially the Vampires GP from what we've seen, show that a narrow scope brings the most fleshed out, and in my opinion, best type of gameplay this game can offer.

I really hope this is the future moving forward. Especially with EPs.
  • Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    It will not. Toddlers should have been there at game release and for those that wanted them, I am glad they finally got them. There are still things missing for me.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    It changed my opinion about no toddlers, it didn't change my opinion about Sims 4 in general (because there's no connection between toddlers and that). But I'm sure going to try them out, when I had just decided to never open the game again. And from what I've seen so far I think we can safely say they are the best toddlers in the franchise.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    It has given me a reason to play. I have been critical of the game of late because I'm bored. I miss deep family play. I miss the cradle to grave experience. For the first time I was excited about the game and I was excited about being excited if that makes sense.
  • Options
    Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    Toddlers was never a deal breaker for me but I've got to say even I'm a bit excited.
    I'm uploading now, and by the amount of time it's taking this update is bigger than a GP.

Hat's off to the Dev team for putting such an enormous amount of work into a free update.
    Amazing gesture. :+1:B)
  • Options
    cameronw209cameronw209 Posts: 1,497 Member
    Uzone27 wrote: »
    Toddlers was never a deal breaker for me but I've got to say even I'm a bit excited.
    I'm uploading now, and by the amount of time it's taking this update is bigger than a GP.

Hat's off to the Dev team for putting such an enormous amount of work into a free update.
    Amazing gesture. :+1:B)

It's almost the size of an EP. Just over 3gb, which I believe was not far off City Living :open_mouth:
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member
    edited January 2017
    As someone who has enjoyed TS4 I thought toddlers were going to be added eventually. I'm grateful they came in a free patch and now the game is more complete! I just really want to see those vampires though. I'm not sure which one is bigger deal to me :D