Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will the arrival of toddlers change your opinion of TS4?

Comments

• Options
    ceinwynieceinwynie Posts: 162 Member
    Yes, I think TS4 is better than TS3, I hated the sims face on TS3, the kids were always the same unless you put a mod. I like TS4's design more and also multitask, I don't know if I could play the game without multitasking now, the only thing that made me stop playing TS4 was the lack of toddlers since I'm a family player, but now with toddlers the game is playable again and I can't wait to have pets and seasons.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    No. It's still the same old game engine missing a lot of creative tools to personalize the game and the Sims are still- lacking while over done (How does that happen? I knnow) :lol: ... I'll not go into it again. I'm not aggressive, I'm passionate. :mrgreen:

I agree 100%. Toddlers are great but beyond that issues remain.
  • Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    For me it changes everything. My opinion of the game improved drastically. I'm still missing seasons of course but it'll come, and now that I have better family play, I'll be fine to wait for the new stuff. This is it. This will be the year Sims 4 finally starts to be the game it should have been. Maybe some things aren't perfect... but it's easier to accept it for what it is now that age groups are somewhat reconciled
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    I was going to quit the Sims 4, but after I found out that not only did we get Vampires which is one of the chars I have waited for from day 1, we also got Toddler's! , I am so blown away by this, I am so Happy, I can not wait to see what comes next, but for the time being I am very greatful to be able to add Toddler's to My Existing families, and to be able to turn My Vampire Creations in to their true selves, I am truly happy, :)
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I don't know if my opinion has changed about the game. I will need about 4-6 weeks to see how much fun I am having. With vampires coming out which look amazing so far, I might need even longer to decide.

I can say I am playing more and willing to spend money again outside of sales. My faith in the team has been somewhat restored. I want to say thanks to the dev team. For once, I really feel like they listened and I appreciate it. It was nice seeing toddlers patched in and not charged for. They seem to be very detailed too. I can't wait to get to my Sim family with the baby on my rotation.

I am still cautiously hoping for the best. I still have my Sims 2 and 3 installed..lol. The last make or break for me is how they handle seasons. I really do not want to hear we are getting some one world season. If they do seasons properly, I will be all in for the ride through the ups and downs.
  • Options
    ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    Yes. I'm regretting not buying some of the games while they were on sale. I kept feeling like I should, but I didn't. Then comes toddlers, when you least expect it. Definitely a learned lesson experience for me! To purchase the entire series as it is right costs $320 plus tax. :) That's the *downside* to waiting to join a new Sims era and starting off with all released content to start. It costs a lot at once. LOL But, It will be an awesome experience I think to start a new Sims era with everything so far released from the boot!! I'm excited.
  • Options
    Nadja55Nadja55 Posts: 66 Member
    Yes, yes, yes. I'm so happy, I almost died, just finding out right now that The Sims4 is adding Toddlers. Never in my life I´ve been so excited to just start and play with them right now!
    Happy simming everebody. At least I know what I am going to do this weekend.
    Thank you, thank you, thank you EA. Love ya.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I like TS4 better now, but I still don't feel it. The culling still puts me off, and all those months of abstaining made me realize that I'd rather just play TS2 and TS3.

They did a great job with the toddlers, though. If anything, I actually wish the ones in TS2 and TS3 were like them. XD
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Well, Maxis certainly strained to keep this one under their hats. And with Vampires and a new world of Forgotten Hollow coming out this very month, the big two are struck off the list - Toddlers and Vampires! Hurrah!

Of course, complainers will complain and I'll bet the butt I'm sitting on that this will not be enough for those people. They'll say how Toddlers haven't evolved enough and they're not customisable enough and they don't do enough etc etc.

Still, at least people can stop making topics about wanting Toddlers. They can get onto the next thing - Seasons!

Honestly, I never even played with Seasons.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    Well, Maxis certainly strained to keep this one under their hats. And with Vampires and a new world of Forgotten Hollow coming out this very month, the big two are struck off the list - Toddlers and Vampires! Hurrah!

Of course, complainers will complain and I'll bet the butt I'm sitting on that this will not be enough for those people. They'll say how Toddlers haven't evolved enough and they're not customisable enough and they don't do enough etc etc.

Still, at least people can stop making topics about wanting Toddlers. They can get onto the next thing - Seasons!

Honestly, I never even played with Seasons.

I've said it on another thread and I'll say it here: it's not about complaining. I genuinely believe that the majority of Simmers raise their voices and give feedback because they want progression from previous iterations, they want and expect better from the franchise. There's absolutely nothing wrong with wanting more from a game you're passionate about.

I don't think toddlers can be compared to Seasons - one is something we've come to know as base game content, the other is an EP. I think a lot of Simmers have already forgiven EA for shipping out an unfinished game; however you'll find a lot of others that are still missing important features (base game) for their style of game play and therefore the game is still unfinished. The devs have a lot of catching up to do but there's no denying that this is a step in the right direction.

Frankly I'm pleased with the feedback, without which toddlers probably never would have been as seemingly fleshed out and supposedly the best of the franchise.
  • Options
    PosterGirlPosterGirl Posts: 641 Member
    edited January 2017
    It has been a long time since I participated in the forum. I seen the announcement about toddlers and have the free trial downloaded for 48 hours, willing to at least give it a try since it's free.

I haven't played for long but I will say that the sims 4 is a different kind of sims game. I'm still trying to get used to the UI and controls. One thing I cannot figure out is how to edge scroll when in build mode so I've been using the down arrow. The graphics aren't as terrible as I thought they would be in-game. I do like the miscellaneous decor and the choice to at least change colors on some of the objects. I'm interested in seeing what CC is like since I enjoyed that in the sims 2; something I've noticed with the sims 4 is that it does play pretty smooth, no hiccups so far.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I've seen some toddler gameplay and the team has done a good job. I'm really surprised EA came through with adding them in, so job well done on that :)
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    @PosterGirl - not sure if you're on tumblr but there is some amazing CC for TS4. If I ever play the game again, I'll be downloading it by the bucketful. Enjoy!
  • Options
    PosterGirlPosterGirl Posts: 641 Member
    aricarai wrote: »
    @PosterGirl - not sure if you're on tumblr but there is some amazing CC for TS4. If I ever play the game again, I'll be downloading it by the bucketful. Enjoy!

Thank you, I'll do a google search and check it out.
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    Uzone27 wrote: »
    Now that Toddlers have arrived it will be interesting to see how the temperature of this forum will change.
    How does this announcement affect your opinion of the game overall?

Yes, completely.

I had left the game and refused to buy anymore for it until tots were added. Now I can come back to ts4 :D and go back to my normal (i use that word loosely) and be happy with the franchise again.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    lilacstreetwayslilacstreetways Posts: 239 Member
    I took some time off from playing the sims 4 and I think that giving us toddlers has brought me back into playing the sims 4 again.... the only down side is that I haven't done the camping side of things since the new packs and that which is a shame
    LilacStreetWays
    AKA LilacSimmerUK
    varg6b2qcx57.png
  • Options
    CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    I love toddlers, I haven't played them much yet, just two hours but I see that developers have done a great job with them. They're pretty realistic, even though it's a bit weird that they can go outside on their own or do plenty of dangerous things that would totally terrify me with real toddlers LOL. I like how they have their own skills and how they progress from baby to child, and their own traits.
    But this doesn't change my general opinion of the Sims 4. It's taking the right direction with richer gameplay, but this won't fix the main issues at the core of the base game, issues that are definitely unfixable. It's pretty sad because I enjoy the EPs and even more the toddlers patch. They're simply too limited by the base game, sadly, and that won't change.
  • Options
    JaciJadeJaciJade Posts: 1,078 Member
    It did renew my interest. I went from not installed the day before, to buying DO playing the night before toddlers...to getting toddlers next day. Because of toddlers update, I purchased City Living and will try to catch up on the rest of the content eventually.
    Thank you EA and thank you Maxis..we got our babies back, Yay!
  • Options
    HeatherRinskiHeatherRinski Posts: 32 Member
    meh. The last time we had toddlers I mostly skipped over that age, it I didn't by the end is was waring thin. I'd prefer some type of seasons over new life categories
  • Options
    JajhiraJajhira Posts: 135 Member
    No, the game is still boring to me but I'm glad they added it.
  • Options
    cactusjuicecactusjuice Posts: 573 Member
    edited January 2017
    I can't see the addition of toddlers (as great as that is) being able to make me overlook how badly Sims 4 is designed for continuous game play. Toddlers look interesting but I cant play with toddlers 24/7 lol, eventually I would have to realize that it's still the Sims 4 basics (behind the toddlers) and still not that much fun
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited January 2017
    I feel it's a step in the right direction. I admit it sours me somewhat. These toddlers look great, and from what I've read, they sound great. Unfortunately, there are still too many unaddressed issues for me to find an inkling of interest.

Much like the transgender patch, this one leaves me pining for a better sims 5 with those things included from the start.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    Appreciate the feedback everyone.
    I don't make threads often, but this has been a question I have pondered for a while.
    Determining how much of the dissastisfaction with TS4 is related directly to it's lack of features we have enjoyed in the past, and how much of it is related to content. (a factor that impacts all new iterations as they grew to maturity)

I'm not sure this thread will get me any closer to a definitive answer because depending on your perspective Toddlers, don't really qualify under either category (unless you're a hardcore TS1 fan)

But I do find your responses illuminating so keep 'em coming!