Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What CAN be done to fix TS4?

Comments

• Options
    LogisitcsLogisitcs Posts: 1,156 Member
    Play TS2. Take notes. Implement them into the game.
  • Options
    KoalagirllKoalagirll Posts: 297 Member
    edited December 2015
    I don't remember who mentioned it, but somewhere I saw this and I completely agree. That we should be able to buy birthday/wedding cakes, like in the past Sims games, instead of having to bake them.
  • Options
    uzumouzumo Posts: 1,836 Member
    edited December 2015
    things I want:

L-shaped stairs

carpet stairs

backsplash for kitchen {a variety of options}

angled kitchen island

granite counters / marble counters

different ceilings

closets / walk-in closets

modern chandeliers

L-shaped couch
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Logisitcs wrote: »

Lol so true.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    AthancapistranoAthancapistrano Posts: 4 New Member
    Great thread! And Sims 4 has done a lot of improvements lately, and I think there's a room for more. I am expecting a lot in this game. And also there are some things that I wanted to add in the list.

*Sliding doors - It's a little thing but in real life, we have sliding doors right? So why not put it in the game?

*Singing skill, talent, trait, aspiration related - I love singing. Singing is my passion. And I would love it if they put it in the game. I like my sims to be like me.

*Roof without walls - Because sometimes I just wanted only the roof itself.

*Church lot type/venue - We have church in real life so why not include it in the game?

*Beach - Just like the island paradise EP in the sims 3. I will really gonna love this game if they'll add this.

*Funeral & coffins and stuffs - Well, I just want it to be like in real life. I wanted the game to have a funeral whenever a sim die.

Hmmm.. That's all for now.. My other request is already on the list. If I have more in mind, I will definitely post it here.
  • Options
    AlizeAlize Posts: 50 Member
    Sushi bars!! That will be so awesome. Couple dancing please. Bikes, scooters and cars. Customising furniture and clothes. Likes and dislikes. Favorite music and coulors.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Logisitcs wrote: »

They are .............just not enough and just not enough of the right things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZN3upG9G3uE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_lTbL3y78g
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    mrnhmathmrnhmath Posts: 750 Member
    Support for shortcuts in Custom Music folder.
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    I do not understand, why everyone is bothering to even put anything on this page, because EA does not care, they will put what they want into the game, not what the players want, its going on 2 years now, haven't you all figured that out yet? people want the disc versions of the game as well, and as of get together, there will be no more discs, so again EA does what they want, not what the players want, its plain and simple, so my family will probably not bother to buy anymore of the sims 4 games, cause they only care bout the money it seems.
  • Options
    Dukemon11Dukemon11 Posts: 51 Member
    Remove this one skill point gameplay when Sims begin to do an action like simple cooking.
    A new Sim wants to do something to eat on the stove and he gets 1 HomeCooking point directly.

Please add to the CAS the possibility to manage some Skillpoint per lifetime (i.e. Young Adults get 5 skill points to set, Adults 6 or 7, childs 2 or 3 skill points to add) finally and remove this direct 1 skill point gameplay.
  • Options
    RMBLACKRMBLACK Posts: 14 New Member
    The following should be included

-realistic slow dancing option
    -couple fast dancing option
    -option for religion like in sims Medieval
    -multiple options for schools, private, public
    -the return of owning and operating a restaurant, S2 open for business.
    -going to the doctor/hospital for illness and wellness checks. the return of flu shots
    -going to the doctor/hospital for pregnant sims for ultrasounds and check ups
    -return of babysitters and the option to interview and hire them so you get the same sitter every time and your toddler can build a relationship with them.
    -choosing attire and time for parties
    -full functioning cars, being able to open the doors, set car alarms (sims 2)
    -being able to go to a restaurant and be waiting on, choose entree (sims 2)
    -return of anniversary and funeral party options
    - return of canes for elderly, option for wheelchairs, rascals, and walkers.
    - sending gifts to neighbor sims
    - return of firemen and police/burglar
    -strollers and bikes
    -after school activities like ballet, boy scouts, girl scouts, volunteering clubs, school clubs
    -graduation ceremony for high schoolers, return of prom
    -open world
    -movie theater, clothing boutiques,
    - option to adjust sims height
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    uzumo wrote: »
    things I want:

L-shaped stairs

carpet stairs

backsplash for kitchen {a variety of options}

angled kitchen island

granite counters / marble counters

different ceilings

closets / walk-in closets

modern chandeliers

L-shaped couch

Re. the angled islands - check the options when you turn the "auto" setting for counters off. Some shapes are triangular.

Re. the closets - there are closets in Get Together. (Except they're used for all sorts of things other than just changing into a different set of clothes your Sim already has.)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    alltimemaryanne7alltimemaryanne7 Posts: 4 New Member
    I'm sure I'm not the only one, but I would REALLY love to see Supernatural back! I've just joined the forum, I just posted some of my ideas in the hope the Gurus will read - I agree that bugs need fixing, but I really think more content is necessary, because the game still feels empty to me!
  • Options
    s1221ooos1221ooo Posts: 16 New Member
    Traits:Internet Kid (Will spend all night on the internet)
    Sarcastic
    Hipster
    Blessed(More chances of lucky things happening to them)
    Cursed (More chances of bad things happening to them)
    Psychic Powers (They can read palms and predict the future etc, they can have the chance to open up their own 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Caravan)

Sims should have parties like Generations; School Dances, Prom Night for teens, high school graduation, teen house parties, new wedding ceremonies, and slumber parties.

BRING BACK THE IMAGINARY FRIEND!!

BRING BACK PRIVATE SCHOOLS (TS2!) The adults should have an option if they want their child to enroll in a Private School or a Public school

Afterschool Activities: Study Support to do homework, Ballet, Drawing, Drama, Singing etc...
  • Options
    ISpiceItUpISpiceItUp Posts: 15 New Member
    Just catching on to Sims 4 now. I'm heartbroken by the elimination of create-a-style. I mean I searched everywhere in the game/on the internet until I resorted to the forums due to my disbelief that it's gone. I guess all I can do now is cope through enlightenment. What exactly is the problem with create-a-style and open world? If they were able to do it in Sims 3 why can't it be carried over/why doesn't the game engine work for it in future versions? Also, why doesn't EA want to overhaul it? Is it manpower? I remember reading something about EA eliminating The Sims studio, is that it?

It just seems like create-a-style and open world were the 2 biggest selling points for the advancement of The Sims when TS3 was released, and to take it away seems like a step backwards. Or 2 steps backwards. This honestly may be a deal-breaker for me continuing the switch from TS3 to TS4. :(

Please advise!

> @catloverplayer said:
    > FusionFang7 wrote: »
    >
    > Hey guys, (lurker here), I think it's obvious by now that the community is not entirely happy with the game as it stands now; and those who say they are still could have better feelings about the game.
    >
    > I've read the majority of the "disappointment thread" and the general consensus is that we want TS2 sims in a TS3 world with the improvments TS4 has made like CAS. Obviously a lot of that is no longer possible to implement like Create-A-Style or a fully open world without a complete overhaul of the game engine which we know EA is not willing to make.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > So here's my question to you all: what changes CAN be made to make TS4 a game you would like to play?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Let's make a concise list that the Devs can use as a guide for direction in the future.
    >
    > LIST OF SUGGESTED IMPROVEMENTS
    >
    > CAS
    > * Body hair category
    > * Way to hide undesired CAS assets
    > * Way to disable CAS assets for random townie generating
    > * Random Trait generator
    > * More trait slots
    >
    >
    > BUILD/BUY
    > * Basements
    > * Hip-roofs with overhangs
    > * Smaller Telescopes
    > * Auto-roofs
    > * Vehicles (with animations)
    >
    >
    > WORLD MAP
    > * Option to display map in color instead of white as it is now.
    > * Town Editor
    > * Way to split funds when merging/splitting households
    > * Way to manage townie generation amounts by lifestage
    >
    >
    > LIVE MODE
    > * Family Tree
    > * Way to lock doors
    > * Way to paint custom pictures (TS2 style)
    > * Memories
    > * Alert for multiple births (for better naming)
    > * Urns/Graves and ghosts for sims that die off-lot
    >
    >
    > GALLERY
    > * Option to enable the display of CC in "my library" by default.
    >
    >
    > OTHER
    > * Fully adjustable lifespans
    > * Toddler lifestage
    > * Pre-teen lifestage
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Add a way to set relationships in cas to boy/girlfriend and finacie
    >
    > Add piercings
    >
    > Bring back story progression and familie ties.
    >
    > Bring back open restaurants,cars and hot tubs.
    >
    > Bring back cuddling,spooning and making out in bed.
    >
    > Bring back the slow dance and update the regular dance so sims can face each other.
    >
    > Add a way to place lots and bigger worlds
    >
    > Bring back the sofa cuddle from TS3 so they stay cuddled.
  • Options
    x74x74 Posts: 3 New Member
    I am really put down by the fact that you need to pay double what you paid for TS3, just to get much much less. I love the new CAS, but the rest... not so much. I was not at all impressed by the fact that there were not open neighborhoods, cars, toddlers and no way to change the level of the ground. For me really it was a step back from TS3. There is also a lack of interactions and customizing. And also the fact that now, you have to PAY to get hot tubs. And the new Get Together seems nice, but it's not what we needed. There is no story progression whatsoever, wIf there was a way they could mix TS4's CAS and TS3's neighborhoods, it would in my opinion be a PERFECT game.

And EA, Sims 4 was supposed to be better than TS3, not much much WORSE. If this does not get better, I won't be wasting my money on TS4 anymore. I'm really considering going back to the Sims 3. I am pretty sure I am not the only one.
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    No you are not the only one x74, a lot of us are sick of the Sims 4 not being what it should of been and not what it really is, like I said before, it seems all EA cares about is the money, not what is important to the people, and yes making us pay for stuff that should of been in the game already, is just robbery in my opinion, so they better step it up, Or my family and friends as well, will no longer support and pay for Sims 4 expansions. cause we don't like being taken for fools for buying expansions that yes are way to pricey for the least of content in them.
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    RMBLACK wrote: »
    The following should be included

-realistic slow dancing option
    -couple fast dancing option
    -option for religion like in sims Medieval
    -multiple options for schools, private, public
    -the return of owning and operating a restaurant, S2 open for business.
    -going to the doctor/hospital for illness and wellness checks. the return of flu shots
    -going to the doctor/hospital for pregnant sims for ultrasounds and check ups
    -return of babysitters and the option to interview and hire them so you get the same sitter every time and your toddler can build a relationship with them.
    -choosing attire and time for parties
    -full functioning cars, being able to open the doors, set car alarms (sims 2)
    -being able to go to a restaurant and be waiting on, choose entree (sims 2)
    -return of anniversary and funeral party options
    - return of canes for elderly, option for wheelchairs, rascals, and walkers.
    - sending gifts to neighbor sims
    - return of firemen and police/burglar
    -strollers and bikes
    -after school activities like ballet, boy scouts, girl scouts, volunteering clubs, school clubs
    -graduation ceremony for high schoolers, return of prom
    -open world
    -movie theater, clothing boutiques,
    - option to adjust sims height

No open world please. I would prefer that to be in The Sims 5, but open neighborhoods would definitely be awesome if done right. Open world in The Sims 3 caused lag and my PC overheated always when I played the game.
  • Options
    2HubbiesNLove2HubbiesNLove Posts: 658 Member
    What about the ability to take screenshots of our builds to post on our Gallery? So many creators and myself spend so much time and effort into our creations to have it completely ruined once posted on the gallery. Perhaps a new gallery shot tool to where once we're ready to post on the gallery a camera tool pops up and it allows us to take pictures of each room from a first-person-perspective, so we can take the best showcase photos. Once the screenshots have been taken the gallery automatically arranges them in floor categories. Example- first floor would have all pictures of the kitchen, study, living room, den, etc. and second floor would have pictures of the bedrooms, hobby room, etc.. It also used the default for the floor overview but from an actual overview standpoint as if you were looking directly over the entire floor, if that makes sense. And if it was too much on the gallery there could be a link you clicked on called "Journal" or "Blueprint Showcase" that opened to allow players to view all the screenshots of interiors of the build.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,242 Member
    edited December 2015
    Friendly Woohoo (Woohoo with friend without love relationship)

I don't remember if it was a feature of The Sims 3 or Twallan's Woohooer mod but I would like to bring it back.
  • Options
    I really say please just bring back the ability to at least make our furniture more customisable, I hate walking into my neighbour's house and seeing my couch. Open the neighbourhood, not necessarily the whole world for example the entire Windenburg. I say yes to toddlers and pre-teens. And make it so that in CAS you can create teens with zits and braces that will go away once you're an adult. Pearcings. The ability to add tattoo's outside CAS. I don't really know what is going on now, because not all the neighbourhoods look like they are able to submit to the possibility of sims having cars and use them like in the sims 2? Create more teen-like clothes and elderly clothes. These clothes can be used by adults, I thimk it is just better to give age groups clothes that will fit them better. Supernatural please. Fairies must be able to contract their wings, especially when they sit down, swim, bath and go to sleep, there must be an option to fly, and I want to cast more spells. Werewolves must look more like wolves, imagine turning into an actual wolf? All supernatural must have their previous abilities.
  • Options
    TarruviTarruvi Posts: 1,227 Member
    Friendly Woohoo (Woohoo with friend without love relationship)

I don't remember if it was a feature of The Sims 3 or Twallan's Woohooer mod but I would like to bring it back.

That was a mod, there was no "Friendly Woohoo" in game. That's kind of a problem, people have played so much with mods, that they mistake them for Vanilla features of the game. Uninstall mods, and play the game to see what features Are there. Townies didn't get Married, or, had babies by Themselves either. :*
  • Options
    Bring Sims 2 like apartments back. And the ability to have an unplayable room mate. Slow dance. Restaurants, and playable schools. University! Mermaids with more tail varieties and friendlier customisable options and more top options.
  • Options
    Lip30Lip30 Posts: 1 New Member
    Way to set relationship as Boy/Girlfirend or fiancee
    Interests
    Town Editor (especially way to add lots)
    Larger neighborhoods (more than 5 lots)
    No Population Cap and more control of Population size
    Way to split funds when merging/splitting households
    Memories (more automatic)
    Alert for multiple births (for better naming)
    Reactions to events (cheating/death/divorce)
    Allow babies to be removed from bassinets
    More interactions with babies (like bathing them)
    Fully adjustable lifespans
    Toddler lifestage
    Pre-teen lifestage
    Story Progression
    Remove load screens between lots (if possible)
    Way to influence other sims (TS2 style)
    Illness (TS2 style)
  • Options
    When fairies are brought back, please let their wings only move when flying and make them move faster please. My other supernatural requests I all ready mentioned.