Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Horses Expansion Pack Ideas

KoalagirllKoalagirll Posts: 297 Member
edited July 2018 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
So I have really wanted horses in Sims 4, and recently I have been thinking about what I would like in it, so I decided to post my suggestions here. (And yes, several of my suggestions are inspired by the Sims 3 Pets.) Anyone can feel free to add their suggestions, too! In fact, please do! I'd love to hear brilliant, new ideas!

My suggestions are...

SPECIES:
Horses
Ponies
Unicorns

ACTIVE CAREERS (But even if a Sim is in one career, they can still do the things that the other careers can do, like a breeder can train horses or an animal rescuer can breed horses or a trainer can also take in wild horses, etc. just not for their career)
~Professional Horse Breeder: Breed, compete, and sell horses
~Professional Horse Trainer: Train other Sims' horses and take them to enter competitions/races
~Horse Rescuer: Own an horse rescue and take in wild or unwanted horses and have people adopt them
~Stable Manager: Own a stable and allow people to board their horses at your stable
~Riding Instructor: Teach other Sims to ride horses
~Groom/Stablehand: Take care of horses you don't own at a stable

SKILLS
~Horses: Racing, jumping, dressage, tricks, etc.
~Sims: Horseback riding, horse training, etc.

ACTIVITIES
~Competitions: races, showjumping and dressage competitions, etc.
~Trail rides: Teens and older ride horses, and children ride ponies
~Training: Ability to train horses for competitions and races
~Unicorns: Magical, special, powerful animals that require something (but I don't know what yet) to join a household
~Wild Horses: Find and take in wild horses

OTHER
~Fully customizable horses, like the Sims 4 Create A Pet, but with height/size sliders
~Horses not stuck to their stable like babies are stuck to their bassinet
~Careers and competitions and stuff are active, not just rabbit holes
~Also NPC breeders, trainers, and rescue centers that way our sims can get animals from NPCs too
~NPC riding instructors so our sims can take riding lessons
~NPC stable managers so we can board our horses on a different lot
~Larger household size to be able to have enough room for a family, dogs, cats, and horses if you wanted to

A note about the breeder, I just really think that it would be cool to have a stable. You could run a stable, compete with horses from your stable, breed and sell foals/horses to other sims. It would be really cool and would be a great feature to add to the game.

Oh and a random side note, but I REALLY want Tennessee Walkers to be included as a horse breed. Random note there.

EDIT: My list will continue to change as I think of new things and decide I don't want other things.
Post edited by Koalagirll on

Comments

• Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    Really like your ideas!
    I bought Sims 3 only because of the horses and I remember that it was a lot of fun playing with them. They were very well made.
    I would love to see horses again in TS4. Although there is no open world, I am sure EA could manage that in other way.
    Unicorns are absolutely a must have in a possible horse pack! :D
    I think kids should also be able to ride horses / ponies.
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Options
    KoalagirllKoalagirll Posts: 297 Member
    @Busufu Thanks! I definitely agree with you!
  • Options
    xXholicxX360xXholicxX360 Posts: 20 New Member
    I want sleigh rides and carriages! :smile:
  • Options
    makorthawatmakorthawat Posts: 18 Member
    > @xXholicxX360 said:
    > I want sleigh rides and carriages! :smile:

me too!
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    I'm so much all for horses, but please...no ridiculous princess-y horsie outfits like skirts and tiaras :s I can do without glittering pink bejeweled tack as well.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    foxynkafoxynka Posts: 35 Member
    I would instantly buy an unicorn for my sim! <3 (or two hehe)
    https%3A%2F%2Fi.cdn.tbs.com%2Fassets%2Fimages%2F2018%2F01%2FFinal-Space-Vizio-984x216.jpg