Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pets Expansion Pack Ideas

KoalagirllKoalagirll Posts: 297 Member
edited April 2017 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
So I have really wanted a Pets Expansion Pack, and recently I have been thinking about what I would like in it, so I decided to post my suggestions here. Anyone can feel free to add their suggestions, too! In fact, please do! I'd love to hear brilliant, new ideas!

My suggestions are...

ANIMALS:
Dogs
Horses
Ponies
Unicorns
Cats
Etc.

CAREERS (But even if a Sim is in one career, they can still do the things that the other careers can do, like a breeder can train animals or an animal rescuer can breed animals or a pet store owner can also train animals, etc. just not for their career)
~Professional Breeder: Breed, show, and sell animals
~Professional Trainer/Handler: Train other Sims' animals and take them to enter shows/competitions/races
~Pet Store Owner: Own a pet store and sell pets and pet supplies
~Animal Rescuer: Own an animal shelter/rescue center and take in strays and unwanted animals and have people adopt them

SKILLS
~Dogs: Obedience, agility, Frisbee, etc.
~Horses: Racing, jumping, etc.
~Sims: Horseback riding, etc.

ACTIVITIES
~Competitions: Agility, Frisbee, and obedience competitions, conformation shows, etc. for dogs; and races, showjumping and dressage competitions, etc. for horses
~Trail rides: Teens and older ride horses, and children ride ponies
~Training: Ability to train animals for competitions, shows, and races
~Unicorns: Magical, special, powerful animals that require trust to join a household
~Wild Horses/Strays: Find and take in wild horses and strays

OTHER
~Fully customizable animals, like the Sims 4 CAS, and with height/size sliders
~Animals not stuck to their stable/cage like babies are stuck to their bassinet
~Careers and competitions and stuff are active, not just rabbit holes
~Also NPC breeders, pet stores, and animal shelters/rescue centers that way our sims can get animals from NPCs too

A note about the breeder, I just really think that it would be cool to have a kennel or a stable. For kennels, you could run a kennel, show dogs from your kennel, breed and sell puppies to other sims. Stables would be a horse version of a kennel. It would be really cool and would be a great feature to add to the game.

Oh and a random side note, but I REALLY want Border Collies to be included as a dog breed and Tennessee Walkers to be included as a horse breed. Random note there.

EDIT: I have added more things to my list, but I have also taken some things out. My list will continue to change as I think of new things and decide I don't want other things.
Post edited by Koalagirll on

Comments

• placidbabeplacidbabe Posts: 6 New Member
    edited May 2015
    I agree a farm is the next logical step for the Sims 4 to move their pet expansion to.

I would suggest splitting the dogs up into 'groups' so we can have some cool varieties in our pets. Dog breeds naturally fall into groups in real life and this needs to addressed when choosing a pet.
    There are 7 groups.
    Herding, Hound, non-sporting, sporting, terrier, toy and working.

For the game, you could merge some groups or make your own groups.
    Working dogs: Cattle dog, Collie, German Shepherd, retriever, pointer, husky etc.
    Terriers: Bull terrier, staffy, jack russel, pinscher, schnauzer etc.
    Toy/companion dogs: Chihuahua, Maltese, Papillon, Pug, Pomeranian etc.
    Hounds: Beagle, Greyhoun, Bloodhound, Wolfhound, Basset hound, etc.

These groups would each have different personalities.
    Working dogs can work on Farms, be given jobs, protect the house etc. They need a lot of attention and exercise.
    Terriers are hunters, dig holes, are energetic and funny and protective.
    Toy dogs are lap dogs. They sit on your lap and be your companion. They don't need a lot of exercise and are happy to live in the house. They can not have jobs.
    Hounds are hunters, they can track things and play pretty good hide n seek following scent trails. They bark. They can work with police etc.
    Cross breeding groups will mix up their 'traits' and create a 'mutt'. This could have positive, neutral or negative side effects on the dogs behavior.

Or at least, something along those lines so choosing a breed actually matters.
    The dogs need more variety in sizes, the Sims 3 wasn't good enough. A great dane is not the same size as a staffy. I suggest extra small, small, medium, large, extra large and gigantic.

Dogs can be trained in obedience and agility and can enter competitions.

Now onto farms, which would have to fall into a new 'loading' screen to make room for, or buy special lots that are large enough to live on as well. You should be able to have at least Cows/bulls, Sheep and chickens. They would be 'stock' animals. We don't want to personalize a pet cow in the 'create a sim'.. Just buy cows and stick them in a paddock, though where we can visit them, feed them, pet them etc. Perhaps you could have a small amount of these animals on a normal home lot as well, like a few chickens and maybe a cow as a pet.

Farmer would be a new job. Cows give milk. Bulls protect cows and breed. Sheep give wool. Chickens give eggs. (You don't want meat production in the game. Modders can add that if they like)
    You can buy working dogs to herd the sheep and cattle. This must be trained and if not trained properly your dog could injure itself or the livestock. Sheep herding could be a competition where you win prizes and money as well. Perhaps some kind of 'mini game' where you must direct the dog through commands from the sim.

Veterinarian would be a new job. Your animals could get sick and injured and you must pay to take them to a vet. If you can't afford to pay, must surrender the pet permanently.
  • Player_GreenPlayer_Green Posts: 32 Member
    We need to have more wildlife, as you said, and that includes some dangerous kinds (think wolves, skunks, bats, etc).
  • craftaholiccraftaholic Posts: 447 Member
    We need to have more wildlife, as you said, and that includes some dangerous kinds (think wolves, skunks, bats, etc).

I would love skunks, I would love to have Sims sprayed by skunks if they scare them. then they would get a stinky moodlet.
    Stop me if you've heard this one: a sim walks into a bar....player moves bar out of the way.....sim walks on without walking into anything else.
  • KoalagirllKoalagirll Posts: 297 Member
    placidbabe wrote: »
    I agree a farm is the next logical step for the Sims 4 to move their pet expansion to.

I would suggest splitting the dogs up into 'groups' so we can have some cool varieties in our pets. Dog breeds naturally fall into groups in real life and this needs to addressed when choosing a pet.
    There are 7 groups.

Working dogs: Cattle dog, Collie, German Shepherd, retriever, pointer, husky etc.

Working dogs can work on Farms, be given jobs, protect the house etc. They need a lot of attention and exercise.
    Toy dogs are lap dogs. They sit on your lap and be your companion. They don't need a lot of exercise and are happy to live in the house. They can not have jobs.
    Hounds are hunters, they can track things and play pretty good hide n seek following scent trails. They bark. They can work with police etc.
    Cross breeding groups will mix up their 'traits' and create a 'mutt'. This could have positive, neutral or negative side effects on the dogs behavior.

The dogs need more variety in sizes, the Sims 3 wasn't good enough. A great dane is not the same size as a staffy. I suggest extra small, small, medium, large, extra large and gigantic.

Now onto farms, which would have to fall into a new 'loading' screen to make room for, or buy special lots that are large enough to live on as well. You should be able to have at least Cows/bulls, Sheep and chickens. They would be 'stock' animals. We don't want to personalize a pet cow in the 'create a sim'.. Just buy cows and stick them in a paddock, though where we can visit them, feed them, pet them etc. Perhaps you could have a small amount of these animals on a normal home lot as well, like a few chickens and maybe a cow as a pet.

Farmer would be a new job. Cows give milk. Bulls protect cows and breed. Sheep give wool. Chickens give eggs. (You don't want meat production in the game. Modders can add that if they like)
    You can buy working dogs to herd the sheep and cattle. This must be trained and if not trained properly your dog could injure itself or the livestock. Sheep herding could be a competition where you win prizes and money as well. Perhaps some kind of 'mini game' where you must direct the dog through commands from the sim.

Veterinarian would be a new job. Your animals could get sick and injured and you must pay to take them to a vet. If you can't afford to pay, must surrender the pet permanently.

You have some really good ideas! I just hope that they include Border Collies :) Anyway, your farm ideas are super good, too, but I think they should also include horses and pigs. Your ideas for dogs are outstanding and I think that they would be so fun!
    > @Koalagirll said:
    > You have some really good ideas! I just hope that they include Border Collies :) Anyway, your farm ideas are super good, too, but I think they should also include horses and pigs. Your ideas for dogs are outstanding and I think that they would be so fun!

Thanks! Yeah horses should be included as they were in TS3. We could ride them and herd cattle and sheep with them as well. Perhaps we could even breed race horses. New jobs include Trainer, jockey and breeder. Horses as well could fall into 'groups' that have traits, but I don't know horses well enough.

I thought about pigs, but then thought, "what is their purpose?" Only meat production, and I don't think meat production should be in the game as it is a controversial subject.
    Goats could produce cheese and milk, but that's just doing what a cow does so doesn't serve a purpose and is just 'extra work' for the expansion. Modders could add these things :)
    > @Koalagirll said:
    > You have some really good ideas! I just hope that they include Border Collies :) Anyway, your farm ideas are super good, too, but I think they should also include horses and pigs. Your ideas for dogs are outstanding and I think that they would be so fun!

Thanks! Yeah horses should be included as they were in TS3. We could ride them and herd cattle and sheep with them as well. Perhaps we could even breed race horses. New jobs include Trainer, jockey and breeder. Horses as well could fall into 'groups' that have traits, but I don't know horses well enough.

I thought about pigs, but then thought, "what is their purpose?" Only meat production, and I don't think meat production should be in the game as it is a controversial subject.
    Goats could produce cheese and milk, but that's just doing what a cow does so doesn't serve a purpose and is just 'extra work' for the expansion. Modders could add these things :)

Yeah, and for horses, they could be separated into riding horses, draft horses, and ponies, if they were to be separated into groups. And I know pigs wouldn't really have a farming purpose, but I think it would be really cool, and besides, some people own pot-bellied pigs as pets, so why not include some pigs and piglets? :) And I do not use mods so I wouldn't use anything that modders do, sadly. Anyway, I like your ideas!
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    With the cows and bull, you could add a new death: Being trampled by angry bull or something hehe.

It would also be neat if once or twice a week you could take your dog to a park, where at a certain time, say 8am, there would be a group of sims and their dogs in an obedience class you could join in. Then after x amount of time has passed, that group leaves the park.
  • jesse40jesse40 Posts: 381 Member

There are 7 groups.

So many times I see really detailed ideas for games
    It's amazing!
    Most of the ideas are great and doable but EA just passes it by

• MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I would like the wild animals to be a little hostile animals Wolves, Bears, could attack in Granite Falls, Coyotes, Snakes, Hawks in Oasis Springs.
    Alligators, in Willow Creek. Give the game a little more of a survival touch.

We should be allowed to play as just a household of animals.
    No human Sim required.
    I would love to play as a pack of wolves and use a basement to make a little wolf den.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • MunchyMunchy Posts: 513 Member
    Koalagirll wrote: »
    So I have really wanted a Pets Expansion Pack, and recently I have been thinking about what I would like in it, so I decided to post my suggestions here. Anyone can feel free to add their suggestions, too!

My suggestions are...

~pets (dogs, horses, cats, etc.)
    ~farm life (farm animals and the ability to grow crops, sell harvests, etc.)
    ~wild life
    ~a veterinary active career
    ~a zoo (we could design and build it with enclosures and stuff, put animals in it and townies could visit it)
    ~dog/horse shows/competitions (and the ability to train dogs and race horses, and of course, the horse riding skill and some skills for the animals)
    ~owning a pet store and selling pets
    ~breeding and selling pets like a breeder
    ~a pet daycare center
    ~an animal rescue center (taking in strays or unwanted pets and having people adopt them)

Everything sounds amazing! Though, I'm not sure if there should be a pet store that sells pets. Or a breeders...

I wish they didn't exist in RL as well.
    Munchy wrote: »
    So I have really wanted a Pets Expansion Pack, and recently I have been thinking about what I would like in it, so I decided to post my suggestions here. Anyone can feel free to add their suggestions, too!

My suggestions are...

~pets (dogs, horses, cats, etc.)
    ~farm life (farm animals and the ability to grow crops, sell harvests, etc.)
    ~wild life
    ~a veterinary active career
    ~a zoo (we could design and build it with enclosures and stuff, put animals in it and townies could visit it)
    ~dog/horse shows/competitions (and the ability to train dogs and race horses, and of course, the horse riding skill and some skills for the animals)
    ~owning a pet store and selling pets
    ~breeding and selling pets like a breeder
    ~a pet daycare center
    ~an animal rescue center (taking in strays or unwanted pets and having people adopt them)

Everything sounds amazing! Though, I'm not sure if there should be a pet store that sells pets. Or a breeders...

I wish they didn't exist in RL as well.

Why not? How else would you get a pet? The only other option would be to get them from a rescue (which I love, don't get me wrong) but if there were no breeders, then there would be no animals in rescues or shelters because none would be born. Breeders are needed. Pet stores, not really, I know, but it would be fun in game, in my opinion.
  • dariodario Posts: 43 Member
    edited June 2015
    elephants, giraffes, dragons, no barn animals. it's been done over and over. snakes, dinosaurs, crocodiles (all of these should be able to attack your sim)

> @Koalagirll said:

> Why not? How else would you get a pet? The only other option would be to get them from a rescue (which I love, don't get me wrong) but if there were no breeders, then there would be no animals in rescues or shelters because none would be born. Breeders are needed. Pet stores, not really, I know, but it would be fun in game, in my opinion.

animals reproduce without the help of humans koalagirl. you know, they walk around and breed.
    dario wrote: »
    elephants, giraffes, dragons, no barn animals. it's been done over and over. snakes, dinosaurs, crocodiles (all of these should be able to attack your sim)

> @Koalagirll said:

> Why not? How else would you get a pet? The only other option would be to get them from a rescue (which I love, don't get me wrong) but if there were no breeders, then there would be no animals in rescues or shelters because none would be born. Breeders are needed. Pet stores, not really, I know, but it would be fun in game, in my opinion.

animals reproduce without the help of humans koalagirl. you know, they walk around and breed.

I understand that animals breed without humans, but if there were no breeders, there would be no purebreds left, because animals would not just "decide" to breed with their own breed. So much would change. And there would be a huge decrease in population for them because breeders are a big part of them, especially dogs. I mean, just look in the newspaper and you will see a small percent of the amount of breeders there are. Breeders are needed.
  • TudorOstrichTudorOstrich Posts: 10 New Member
    > @dario said:
    > elephants, giraffes, dragons, no barn animals. it's been done over and over. snakes, dinosaurs, crocodiles (all of these should be able to attack your sim)
    > I disagree with you so strongly that I can't even put into words. Why don't we just stick with normal PETS like cats, dogs, horses, etc. Sure, it may be overdone, but people (like me) liked pets in every sims game and would like to see it in sims 4. Plus, I just love cats ^_^
    >
    >
  • simladysimlady Posts: 25 New Member
    I'd love a pets expansion pack, with
    dogs, cats, unicorns, horses, pet store, rescue store, career in vet work
    Wild animals

And farm animals
    Llamas
    Alpacas
    Chickens
    Ducks
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

:o Those exist? How awsome, you go Nature!
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • MillyMilly Posts: 17 Member
    What about vets for pets?
    *Bump
  • simmesesimmese Posts: 1,536 Member
    Oh and a random side note, but I REALLY want Border Collies to be included as a dog breed. Random note there.

Border collies were a dog breed in TS3 , I have three in real life that I created in TS3 for my simself ... I really dont see EA excluding them in TS4

From L to R Teddy , 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and Toffee
    TeddyToffeeandGypsytireddawgies.jpg

My TS3 simself and the doglets
    10-5.jpg
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    edited June 2015
    I love all your suggestions, would make a perfect pet EP! It was possible to breed pets in sims 2 and sell the offspring, I'd definitely like the option to be there.
  • Neon_sprinkles16Neon_sprinkles16 Posts: 6 New Member
    Love this idea!
    simmese wrote: »
    Oh and a random side note, but I REALLY want Border Collies to be included as a dog breed. Random note there.

Border collies were a dog breed in TS3 , I have three in real life that I created in TS3 for my simself ... I really dont see EA excluding them in TS4

From L to R Teddy , 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and Toffee
    TeddyToffeeandGypsytireddawgies.jpg

My TS3 simself and the doglets
    10-5.jpg

Okay thanks! I just love Border Collies so much and I am going to breed/train/show them. Yours are so adorable and your simself and theirs are really good too!
    I love all your suggestions, would make a perfect pet EP! It was possible to breed pets in sims 2 and sell the offspring, I'd definitely like the option to be there.

Thanks! I just love animals and I am going to spend my life with them, Border Collies to be exact. I just want a pets expansion pack with at least some of these ideas so bad!!!
  • AlHollandiyahAlHollandiyah Posts: 1,121 Member
    How about guinea pigs and other little pets?