Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do It As You Go Challenge 1 [ON HIATUS]

KoalagirllKoalagirll Posts: 297 Member
I've been wanting to try something new, so I have decided to try out the Do It As You Go Challenge. Basically, things are randomized, but it's pretty loose gameplay at the same time. You roll for random characteristics when a new sim is added to the family and you roll for events to occur. You roll for an event every 3 days and you can roll for an optional perk every 9 days. Here is a link to the challenge.

Personal Roll Log
Next Event Roll: Saturday, Sunday, Wednesday
Next Perk Roll: Wednesday
Re-Rolls Remaining: 0 :# (What a mistake I've made... Such a frustrating thing has happened down below)

Note: I have become kinda annoyed with the events that have happened, but I don't want to break the challenge rules, so I am going to take a break from this. However, I do like the challenge itself, so I am doing a separate Do It As You Go Challenge. Hopefully that one will turn out better. Here is a link to it.
Post edited by Koalagirll on

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Here is my starting couple, Allen and Jayda Bradshaw. [Download]
    00.jpg
    Challenge Rolls
    Allen: fat, beard, pink hair
    Jayda: geek, blue hair, red eyes
    Other Characteristics
    Allen
    Traits: active, ambitious, self-assured
    Aspiration: Bodybuilder
    Story: Allen has always been overweight, but he has always been confident in himself due to his positive environment. His confidence is shown in his bright hair. However, he is at the point where he just wants to be strong and healthy. He is determined to turn his weight into muscle and become the healthy man that he has always wanted to be.
    Jayda
    Traits: geek, self-assured, genius
    Aspiration: Computer Whiz
    Story: Jayda is a very smart woman that loves technology of every form. She is a very unique individual who often speaks her mind and isn't ashamed of doing so. Her dream is to advance in the field of technology, computer gaming in particular.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Time to roll for an event!
    Allen has entered the athlete career and Jayda has entered the tech guru career. Both of them are working towards their aspiration and career goals in their free time.

Event: Forced stupid job! (Pick one of your sims and force them to get your least favorite job)
    Re-Roll!
    Event: Roll for 3 more events.
    Event 1: Triple adoption! (adopt three sims you may give yourself money for this)
    Event 2: Fired! (If your sim has a job quit it.)
    Event 3: Writing inspiration! (Have a sim write a book.)

Event 1
    Allen and Jayda decided to adopt 3 babies, a girl named Lily and two boys named Gage and Ben.
    20d10f47-8481-47dc-9c95-8819710dfd24_zpsipbfgfdk.png
    Challenge Rolls
    Lily: geek, tiny breasts, red eyes
    Gage: very muscular, ugliest clothing, yourself or someone you know
    Ben: normal hair color, stereotype, active
    Other Characteristics
    Lily
    Traits: geek, clumsy, bookworm
    Aspiration: Friend of the World
    Story: Lily always seems to be the awkward one, stumbling through crowds to stand alone in the corner. She is very shy and she loves video games and books. Despite her loneliness, she desperately wants people to like her and she wants friends more than anything else.
    Gage
    Traits: goofball, active, childish
    Aspiration: Joke Star
    Story: Gage has always been a jokester and most people are quite entertained by his slightly immature comedy and pranks. He even wants to make a living out of his fun. Despite his childish manner in those aspects, he can also be responsible in others, like health. He knows that he has to stay healthy in order to what he wants in life, so he exercises often to ensure that. People are often surprised to find such a playful personality hidden beneath his muscular appearance.
    Ben
    Traits: active, bro, self-assured
    Aspiration: Bodybuilder
    Story: Ben is the stereotypical jock. He's on several sports teams and he's the team captain. He's good, and he knows it. He's always busy, whether he's at a team practice or chilling with the bros. He's too cool for the "lower folk." And he's always popular with the ladies.

Event 2
    Allen quit his job, but... he was re-hired nearly immediately.

Event 3
    Jayda wrote a children's book for the children to read when they are older.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Allen and Jayda have been promoted a few times and are excited about their aspiration progress as well. The three babies are just about to age up into toddlers.

Event: Couches are for normal people. (delete all the furniture in one room and redecorate it as a different room in the house. Example: living room turns into bedroom.)
    Re-Roll!
    Event: New low budget house! (Use free real estate to give yourself a starter home.)

The Bradshaw family moved into a nice starter home. Allen and Jayda are happy with their new home and hope that it will be good for the children.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Time to roll for an event and a perk!
    Once again, Allen and Jayda have progressed in their careers and aspirations. However, a huge portion of their time has been devoted to the three toddlers. Despite the rush to work and lack of sleep, Allen and Jayda are more than willing to devote all their time to their children. You can download Allen and Jayda and the three toddlers here.
    00.jpg
    [Jayda is holding Lily, Allen is holding Gage, and Ben is standing between them]
    Toddler Traits
    Lily: Clingy
    Gage: Silly
    Ben: Wild

Event: Forced stupid job! (Pick one of your sims and force them to get your least favorite job)
    Re-Roll!
    Event: Move (Buy and move to a new house)

The Bradshaw family moved into a new house, but they quickly realized that they did not like it at all. Fortunately, the home they had just left was still available, so they quickly moved back in.

Perk: Nothing! (Not this time.)
  • Options
    As always, progression has been made in the Bradshaw family and the toddlers are gaining skill when they can too. They will age up into children in a day or two.

Event: I Broke It. (You jerk. You broke the challenge! It won't take long to fix but there are some effects.. You have to roll for an event everyday now for the next 3 days.)
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    The family has been very busy and the toddlers will age up very soon.

Event: What Just Happened?. (Delete all the furniture in your home AND THEN use family funds and put your household funds at 0.)

Jayda and Allen were horrified and very confused about what happened because now they were left with three toddlers, an empty house, and no money. They decided that the best thing they could do is sell their big, empty house and move to a small, cheap house until they get back on their feet. They hope that someday they will be able to move back into their home and refurnish it.