Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Journey To Batuu Positive Thoughts Thread

Comments

• Options
    PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    Okay, so I haven't actually gone to Batuu yet since I'm making preparations for it (adulting isn't fun when work consumes your life lol) but I have made progress with this bunker style build.

I was still hoping for a space ship wreckage or something similar that I could use to 'conceal' the bunker entrance, but there wasn't really anything I could use. Instead, I placed one of the debug buildings and scaled it down slightly. I thought it would look like an eyesore in Oasis Springs but surprisingly, it's not so bad!

It's still a work in progress, and I have plenty more landscaping and vegetation to add, but I'm getting there! Pretty happy with what I have so far. :love:

FvObRzh.png
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    I really am enjoying this thread where everybody plays the same game pack and share their experiences! I am also taking my time with this and I am no hurry to reach the goals, my Sim got in a card game and I was afraid that he would lose all the "money" instead he ended up winning and became very said when I stoped him from playing. He also got a mission but I forgot the name for the one I was going to ask for the spike...don't know how I am going to solve that
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Peral wrote: »
    I really am enjoying this thread where everybody plays the same game pack and share their experiences! I am also taking my time with this and I am no hurry to reach the goals, my Sim got in a card game and I was afraid that he would lose all the "money" instead he ended up winning and became very said when I stoped him from playing. He also got a mission but I forgot the name for the one I was going to ask for the spike...don't know how I am going to solve that

I think you can find spikes in scrap metal piles. It's also possible to buy them from one of the shops.
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    Just seen Rey using her lightsabre to block lasers shot at her by a floating droid. Can our own sims do this?
    7Oc2Tbh.png
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Just seen Rey using her lightsabre to block lasers shot at her by a floating droid. Can our own sims do this?
    7Oc2Tbh.png

I'm watching a streamer currently and she just did that with the Practice Lightsaber interaction (or something like that)
  • Options
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    7Oc2Tbh.png

I'm watching a streamer currently and she just did that with the Practice Lightsaber interaction (or something like that)

Nice! Thank you :)
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member

I also got Scoundrel, but I'm sure this is a surprise to no one. :D
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    My old lady witch has followed all the suggestions as she, like most elders, follows the rules. She has passed her first mission and learned some new recipes, joined the renegades club from GTW who just invited her in. I want her to join the Resistance and their camp is a good place to get some sleep in. As I don't know the background stories I'm advancing very slowly but enjoying it. I think she is going to have some rejuvenating potion to finish it before she dies off though!

I'm thinking though, why didn't they put some of those 'bushes' into it to fulfill their bathroom needs? They just disappear for a while. I suppose in Disneyworld too you have to leave for that and they weren't allowed!

I'm going slowly in case I miss something but I'm viewing everything I see. I might add to a collection somewhere!

People are welcome to dislike the pack if they think the game is going the wrong way. It's their business not mine. <3
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited September 2020
    LiELF wrote: »
    I am having so much fun with this! <3

I was up until 3 in the morning playing last night, and it's 2:30am right now as I just stopped playing a few minutes ago and I'm up too late again because I'm a little bit insane over this pack. :D

I'd like to share some screenshots and some of my story as it unravels but I just keep playing, so I'm not sure when I'll be doing that. I'm really looking forward to playing around with the CAS. I have so, so many character ideas (most have nothing to do with Star Wars) and I absolutely love the clothing.

I think it's important to go into this pack with the expectations that it functions more like a miniature version of the old Sim offshoot games, only it's still connected to the base game so you can use some of the stuff and bring in an existing Sim, with limitations. It's a strange design, for sure, but if you keep an open mind and let it be what it is without trying to make it what you want it to be, it's actually fun.

My biggest gripe is probably that there are no Force powers. My second is that Occults don't function normally, although I'm playing with an Alien, a Spellcaster and a Servo and I'm not having any trouble. I think Vampires and Mermaids would have a bigger problem. Mostly Vampires, which is a shame. But the Servos...they fit in beautifully!

Anyway, I hope others find some enjoyment out of it! May The Force be with you!

Yeah, the occult news is kind of a bummer, but I don't think that's a deal breaker for me. If there isn't a mod then maybe my vampire will just send a ghoul. After all, the vampire to the left would basically be a 7th generation Lasombra with a humanity score of 3. He would definitely see the affairs of canaille to be beneath him. So, I'm still planning to pick up the pack on sale.
  • Options
    LouciferLoucifer Posts: 199 Member
    Got it played it through the rebel path worked great made another family to try the Empire path got to almost Sargent rank game froze so bad had to close it. Went back in started over new Sim deleated saves got to batntu game crashed. But like the light sabers and the quick load between bantu districts
    When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny
    Thomas Jefferson (3rd US President)
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,576 Member
    I've had nothing but good experiences with the new pack. A whole mess of food and drinks to bring back. The decor is solid and suits any sci-fi mood perfectly. The "masks" are absolutely awesome and with a couple of tweaks you can even make those alien faces part of the 'nude" skin. It's been an overall excellent pack.

m8w19HV.png
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Haven't played as much as I want; Real Life keeps interfering. May have to wait for the weekend. But so far what I've seen I like. I've got Liam O'Dourke just starting out and learning about the various factions. He'll definitely be going Resistance. I also now want to have a Sim join up with the Scoundrels. It's not going to be a major part of my game play, but like playing with vampires and spellcasters or going to the spa it will have a place in my Simiverse.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Seems like we're really not having fun. :p

rnzNucN.png

Yeah I have to admit, I’m only pretending. I’m so incredibly bored with my life I thought I might as well waste my time playing this ridiculous Star Wars pack that I never asked for and hang around here instead. I’m very jealous of some of the people in the negativity thread because they seem to have a much much better time than us. Really I wish we had as much fun as they have. But alas. Here we are. Cringe.

At least they have each other to reaffirm themselves and one another that they’re having fun.
    I mean, what do we have except for green and blue milk? 😂

LOL :joy: As someone who spends her time in the negative thread for this pack, I must admit, I genuinely enjoyed the sarcasm here. 10/10 :D I mean again, even though I don't get it at all, I really am glad you guys are enjoying the experience. Different strokes and all.
  • Options
    HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    I've been trying a little bit of a build with the cantina shell to make the Jedi Praxeum for my sims. It's probably going to end up being in Glimmerbrook, because of how few lots are there, so there's enough space for some residents, with a central library area for the temple itself where I can set up a club meeting.
  • Options
    PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    It's been a while since I've had this much fun in build and buy mode! Debug objects are just the best.

i0CCIir.png
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • Options
    Having reached the top of the first order I'm now playing through the resistance and the scoundrels and I have to say the missions for these are definitely more interesting. So, I am having more fun than I did with the First Order :)

If anyone's interested, Leia (Kylo and Rey's daughter) is in the scoundrels (she already reached the top of the First Order) and Luke (Kylo and Rey's son) is my sim in the Resistance.
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    edited September 2020
    @MaggieMarley I really like Luke and wondered if you would put him on the gallery please?

I'm playing with Kylo's daughter, Sula. Rags to Riches, Batuu style. She goes to Batuu and earns credits to buy items which she takes home and sells with a sale table. When I went to bed last night she finally had enough money to make a tiny little basic house. I was tired though and it was god awful lol so my plans today are to redo that and get her back to Batuu!
    She hasn't met dad yet. Her mom never told her who dad was.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    @CelSims yes I can put Luke on the gallery when I next play! I don't know if I will play again to fight since I'm pretty tired but I can do it tomorrow :)
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    @CelSims yes I can put Luke on the gallery when I next play! I don't know if I will play again to fight since I'm pretty tired but I can do it tomorrow :)

Thank you! I'll need your gallery ID :)
  • Options
    CelSims wrote: »

Thank you! I'll need your gallery ID :)

My gallery ID is thisisarealpainx (you can tell I got annoyed when trying to come up with a name that wasn't taken lol).
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Nindigo wrote: »
    Thanks for letting me know about the need for being inspired in order to learn new recipes.
    Are you sure about that? Because my Sim is learning recipes just fine without being inspired. On Batuu. And elsewhere.

That sounds great! I think I read that somewhere here on the forum but I must be mistaken.

I haven't even made it to Batuu yet but I'm working on it :)
  • Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    I must say I enjoy this game pack more than I thought I would! I am trying with a little played save, but I really want to play it with my primary save, my favourite mischievious Sim will enjoy the Scoundrel career, and my Cop Sim will love checking IDs and keep people in order
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    edited September 2020
    Well, my progress is even slower lol.

All I've done is take a test sim to the world so that I can edit the Lots. I did have him lose at sabaac though, so that's progress :D

And mine even slower!!! I can't play out of rotation. My sim is at University and can't visit while studying. waaaa! I sent his Fiance instead for a day to scope out the place.

Anyway, in the meantime I want to see some of you guy's renovations/add-ons to the Batuu lots. For inspiration. <3
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top