Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Journey To Batuu Positive Thoughts Thread

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    How do I get to Batuu? Do I just book a vacation?
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member

Maybe you have to wait for the mysterious caller to call you?
  • Options

OK, I'm just eager to go. :p
  • Options

Learn Batuu Recipes By Eating!
    Compatible with 1.66

In the Journey to Batuu gamepack, you have to be Inspired to learn the new recipes.
    However in City Living, you can learn them just by eating them, no matter what mood
    you're in. This mod makes that change to Batuu, so that your Sim learns the recipes as
    soon as they eat them!

Requires Journey to Batuu gamepack - THANK YOU to all my Patrons whose support is
    what enabled me to buy this pack and create mods for it.

This mod will conflict with any mod that overrides the new recipe tuning files from this pack.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member

Just make a vacation call like you do for Selvadorada and Granite Falls.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    CK213 wrote: »

Just make a vacation call like you do for Selvadorada and Granite Falls.

Haha, I was waiting for something more out of this world. :p
  • Options
    ImSandsImSands Posts: 332 Member
    I'm finally home from work. New pack downloaded and installed. I'm having so much playing. Just took a ride on the Falcon. I'm geeking out!!!
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    So far really loving the music and clothing. The bar is very vibrant and funny with the residents.
    Some things I'm not too happy with like my witch doesn't have powers there, but overall it will be an interesting (multiple) vacations. I'd love to use the costumes for a religious order/cult when not visiting... still need to figure how to make everything available.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    So far really loving the music and clothing. The bar is very vibrant and funny with the residents.
    Some things I'm not too happy with like my witch doesn't have powers there, but overall it will be an interesting (multiple) vacations. I'd love to use the costumes for a religious order/cult when not visiting... still need to figure how to make everything available.

I know that there's a CAS cheat to unlock all the outfits. I can't remember what it is right now, but it's similar to the Knitting one, except instead of putting which SP it is, you put in GP9 I think.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Still reading all the things and sorting CC. Thanks for letting me know about the need for being inspired in order to learn new recipes. So...cloud gazing it is :)

I love the new clothes <3 want to do a save one day with a few sims having a off-grid-farm in Windenburg. The story being that they are settling a new area. So many fun things to do and too few hours to play. Thanks for talking about what you are doing in Batuu everyone, it is really fun reading about it!
  • Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    It is fun to read about your adventures at Batuu! I have not gone their yet since another of my households are planning for their new years party that is two Sim days away
  • Options
    My biggest tip... get your programming up. I'm going the scoundrel route and it's up to 6 and still having too many issues.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    rh2006fanrh2006fan Posts: 49 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    My biggest tip... get your programming up. I'm going the scoundrel route and it's up to 6 and still having too many issues.

I did the same mistake- went in with a sim that had 0 programming and only got up to level 2 after doing the second mission from Hondo. I brought a lightsaber and left.
  • Options
    Cassieb95Cassieb95 Posts: 347 Member
    I have question. If we travel back home, will our progress be lost? I hope not. :D
  • Options
    My sim did better when he cheated at Sabacc more... max logic and he was still losing. Also swindling credits is pretty easy (is that charm?). Would be nice to know which skills line up with what.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    No lag in the game but I'm noticing lag in all of my background tasks. I have 4 or 5 windows open on my laptop.
  • Options
    I didn't get a chance to explore a lot of Batuu today, thanks to my "genius" scoundrel bro Sann H'olo. Typical. I didn't even have to help that much.
    He's kinda broke so he goes straight for the Cantina and challenge Hondo and this other dude to a game of Sabacc.

Holo-01.jpg

He's still pretty brutal at this game and loses all his galactic credits.

Holo-03.jpg

H'olo desperately needs a pick-me up, but because he's broke he steals someone else's Bespin Fizz when they aren't looking.

Holo-04.jpg

When he decides to go back to The Dwelling for a nap, he's stopped by Miss First Order, who thinks he smells suspicious. So she checks his ID.

Holo-05.jpg

According to her, this scoundrel's ID doesn't smell great either and she decides to arrest him.

Holo-06.jpg

Aaand off he goes. What a great first day in Batuu. I was really hoping to build a droid and fly some ships today. But no. Nothing. Thanks dude. :s

Omg, in that first picture, he reminds me of Starlord from Guardians of the Galaxy!

And on that note, I think I want to create a Gamora, and we do have a racoon costume...
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    edited September 2020
  • Options
    kemowerykemowery Posts: 371 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    I didn't get a chance to explore a lot of Batuu today, thanks to my "genius" scoundrel bro Sann H'olo. Typical. I didn't even have to help that much.
    He's kinda broke so he goes straight for the Cantina and challenge Hondo and this other dude to a game of Sabacc.

Holo-01.jpg

Holo-03.jpg

H'olo desperately needs a pick-me up, but because he's broke he steals someone else's Bespin Fizz when they aren't looking.

Holo-04.jpg

When he decides to go back to The Dwelling for a nap, he's stopped by Miss First Order, who thinks he smells suspicious. So she checks his ID.

Holo-05.jpg

According to her, this scoundrel's ID doesn't smell great either and she decides to arrest him.

Holo-06.jpg

Aaand off he goes. What a great first day in Batuu. I was really hoping to build a droid and fly some ships today. But no. Nothing. Thanks dude. :s

Omg, in that first picture, he reminds me of Starlord from Guardians of the Galaxy!

And on that note, I think I want to create a Gamora, and we do have a racoon costume...

Desperately annoyed now by the lack of real plantsims. Star Lord, Gamora, Nebula, Drax, and Mantis are all more-or-less doable as humans, Rocket can be either a person in a raccoon costume or an actual raccoon made in Pets, but Groot should be a plantsim.
  • Options
    kemowery wrote: »
    LiELF wrote: »

Holo-01.jpg

Holo-03.jpg

Holo-04.jpg

Holo-05.jpg

Holo-06.jpg

Desperately annoyed now by the lack of real plantsims. Star Lord, Gamora, Nebula, Drax, and Mantis are all more-or-less doable as humans, Rocket can be either a person in a raccoon costume or an actual raccoon made in Pets, but Groot should be a plantsim.

Definitely!
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Thanks for posting this here.

Is everyone having fun? I haven't had a great deal of spare time today but I did go into the three lots and add some basic amenities. I can't wait to see more builds coming out, I haven't seen many yet.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top