Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Journey To Batuu Positive Thoughts Thread

Comments

• HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    Hoping I can share my build of the Dameron/Bey homestead tomorrow. Got a little annoyed that my game was lagging so I decided to call it a night and am writing now.

I love love love love this game pack. It’s Star Wars and fun. And the most important thing is that it got me my Star Wars mojo back. I was in a horrid funk for a while because I miss trooping and just getting to go to Batuu (virtually) got my head on straight and kicked in my creative groove.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Haflinger wrote: »
    I played on and off today. I love Batuu. It’s beautiful.

It’s been a good sci-fi space opera day. Did anyone catch the new Dune trailer? For a fraction of a second, when I saw the still of Paul. I thought it was Kylo Ren/Ben Solo, but it wasn’t. And there is a Star Wars connection, since Oscar Isaac is Duke Leto Atredeies.

No not yet but I need to watch it because I absolutely love Denis Villeneuve's movies so I'm totally psyched he's directing it 🥰 off to watch it right away, thanks for reminding me!!
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    rh2006fan wrote: »

I'm Resistance! Can someone tell me how to observe the First Order? I'm enjoying this so much and my slow, slow pace. I've only completed the first mission on arrival.

In your JOB panel, hover over the task and a pop-up will explain.

Thank you @Dannydanbo
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Rob_E_CoyoteRob_E_Coyote Posts: 51 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    @LiELF ..... thanks so much because I could not figure that out. I'll try that. I had to start a new saved game after I lost all my credits in a game of sabacc. Plus, that alien in the game was cheating. This time around I'm going to do better and earn more credits first. :wink:

Then my other advice is to cheat at Sabacc, especially when you play against Hondo. I think the mission is set up so you have to cheat. I played several games against him and didn't win until I cheated and then he respected me for winning, lol.

If you actually watch Hondo's animations while you're playing sabaac with him, he cheats (Same animations as you do when you cheat...placing cards under table out of sight and acting shifty for a moment)
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    @LiELF ..... thanks so much because I could not figure that out. I'll try that. I had to start a new saved game after I lost all my credits in a game of sabacc. Plus, that alien in the game was cheating. This time around I'm going to do better and earn more credits first. :wink:

Then my other advice is to cheat at Sabacc, especially when you play against Hondo. I think the mission is set up so you have to cheat. I played several games against him and didn't win until I cheated and then he respected me for winning, lol.

If you actually watch Hondo's animations while you're playing sabaac with him, he cheats (Same animations as you do when you cheat...placing cards under table out of sight and acting shifty for a moment)

I thought I saw something! :)
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member

Ha! I suspected as much but didn't catch it. Thanks for verifying!
    #Team Occult
  • AncaryvanAncaryvan Posts: 736 Member
    Ancaryvan wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sigf-YL7PY
    Positive?!:open_mouth: POSITIVE?! HOW?!:astonished: Tell me PLEASE!! Enlighten Me!:tired_face: Not After What Carl has been SUFFER! Also US$37.00! Are You Kidding

Come on now, this is the positive thoughts thread. I too have my criticisms of this pack but here is not the place for them. You might want to try the complaining thread instead :)

Unfortunately this game pack has provide to much of The Dark Force~~~ :rage:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65VG4IacGsg
    I literally play this music above when playing Sims 4! Cozy and Fuzzy
  • QueenSaraphineQueenSaraphine Posts: 308 Member

Good to know, I tried to play logical and confident but my credits kept poofing away in red 😭 accidentally pressed speed 3 on the time and before I managed to press pause the credits were gone 😂

SignatureSparkly.gif
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member

Good to know, I tried to play logical and confident but my credits kept poofing away in red 😭 accidentally pressed speed 3 on the time and before I managed to press pause the credits were gone 😂

Oh no! That was happening to me a little at first, kept losing and trying to play logical and confident games but to no avail.

It makes sense though. Want to be a Scoundrel? Need to cheat at Sabacc. :smiley:
    #Team Occult
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    @CelSims I uploaded Luke to the gallery :) He is called 'Luke Ren'. Gallery ID thisisarealpainx

Thank you :) Favourited and downloaded.
  • TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
    I stumbled upon Rey training with her lightsaber and I literally just stopped, watched then wanted to go watch star wars...until I remembered what a disaster the movies become after episode 7 (although i didnt so much mind 8). Regardless I think they did an excellent job with the light sabers, effects and sounds. But ya just watching Rey train was impressive/entertaining.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    CelSims wrote: »
    @CelSims I uploaded Luke to the gallery :) He is called 'Luke Ren'. Gallery ID thisisarealpainx

Thank you :) Favourited and downloaded.

No worries, hope you have fun with him :)
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,844 Member
    @ancaryvan, we understand JTB is not for everyone. And that's ok. I truly hope EP 10 will be something the majority of the community will enjoy.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited September 2020
    TOLKIEN wrote: »
    I stumbled upon Rey training with her lightsaber and I literally just stopped, watched then wanted to go watch star wars...until I remembered what a disaster the movies become after episode 7 (although i didnt so much mind 8). Regardless I think they did an excellent job with the light sabers, effects and sounds. But ya just watching Rey train was impressive/entertaining.

They did a pretty good job with Rey and Kylo, Rey even have a different voice actor (but only for certain dialogues). And the light saber animations are looking really good.

I think i saw someone mention that Chewbacca might be in the pack, have anyone encountered him?
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited September 2020
    logion wrote: »

They did a pretty good job with Rey and Kylo, Rey even have a different voice actor (but only for certain dialogues). And the light saber animations are looking really good.

I think i saw someone mention that Chewbacca might be in the pack, have anyone encountered him?

As a British person I find the Rey accent so funny! Is that really what we sound like to Americans? :lol:

So far I have only encountered Chewbacca through pop ups in the scoundrel missions, not as an actual character in game.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I'm starting to mod my own cantina over in Batuu :)

Put a table with the Llama-game upstairs for the kiddos and then there is a stair in the back that goes down to a small rental apartment. The story being that Ogg supplements his income from the bar by renting out a spare apartment to tourists. Not a lot of hotels around so he can charge a lot! I will cheat away simoleons from my sims.

- Bedroms for a family
    - Bathroom
    - Small kitchen
    - Room for skilling up robotics and programming
    - Tiny indoor garden and a place to play for kids

Will probably have another version where I send my students who go away during winter-break or my YA's living it up. I just want to be able to take my families there in a nice way.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,377 Member

Oh no! That was happening to me a little at first, kept losing and trying to play logical and confident games but to no avail.

It makes sense though. Want to be a Scoundrel? Need to cheat at Sabacc. :smiley:

The bet for logical games is 1 GC, for normal games is 10 GC, and for confident games is 25 GC. If you have few galactic credits, do not play confident games unless you're willing to lose them all. :)
  • dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    Im pleasantly surprised! I bought the pack to tide me over until World of Warcraft releases its new expansion in 2 mths as thats they main game I play. But as someone who primarily builds I really like the stuff we got (CAS also has some really nice outfits). It def works well with an industrial, post apocalyptic, steampunk vibe and oddly enough Ive found alot of the Jungle Adventure stuff seems to mesh quite well.
    Im not a SW fan and havent seen any of the new SW films/series but Im a huge Firefly fan and the build and buy bits give me that kind of a feel so Im happy!
    Not sure about the gameplay...TBH I still havent even played through Strangerville or any of the other packs so it doesnt bother me (feel free to check out/laugh at my 'Little Base' on the Gallery though! ;)
  • QueenSaraphineQueenSaraphine Posts: 308 Member
    Lol I love this pack more than I thought I would 😍

Need to be resistance cause of the story I got going but wanna try Scoundrels too gaaaah so much to do so little time
    SignatureSparkly.gif
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    @logion wrote: »
    He features in the mission pop up story cards, but I doubt he’ll be an NPC. At this stage someone would have shared an image via other channels such as YT or Twitter, if he was indeed a visible character.
    As a British person I find the Rey accent so funny! Is that really what we sound like to Americans? :lol:
    I haven’t encountered Rey yet. I’m looking forward to hearing her accent. RP British sounds rather sophisticated to the non-British ear.
    Consider yourself lucky. I’m your neighbour from across The Irish Sea. To the rest of the world everyone here sounds like a Pirate. Aarrrr!
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member

logion wrote: »

So far I have only encountered Chewbacca through pop ups in the scoundrel missions, not as an actual character in game.

Haha me too :lol: Creases me every time I hear it! What’s ‘would you like a cup of tea’ in Simlish again?
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,544 Member
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 I love the Irish accent. And Scottish and Welsh.

I think Rey sounds a lot like Emily from Friends :D (Helen Baxendale) We sure don't sound like that in Worcestershire!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top