Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Journey To Batuu Positive Thoughts Thread

Comments

• marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    I may not be enjoying this pack as much as I had hoped but there are still things about it that I like and the world definitely lends itself to some really beautiful screenshots!

Here is Kylo and Rey's daughter, Leia:
    N1ASGzy.png

And here is their son, Luke:
    esjqiqP.png

Leia after first arriving the Batuu and getting Batuu clothes:
    Jx2tTNf.png

Leia is already at the top of the First order and she has an R series droid which I've named R2D2 (of course). Here she is in the Resistance's base:
    Sz3w1Nm.png

Dad wasn't happy when she messed up on a mission earlier:
    q9J9uWK.png

Here she is with her lightsabre (which really should be red):
    9rx0RYr.png

I know people all think the B series droids are adorable but I actually think the R series ones are cuter (maybe because I am more familiar with the original Star Wars films and so with R2D2):
    FiRVScL.png

Luke shortly after arriving in Batuu:
    7cs5JId.png

Luke doesn't agree with his father's ambition to rule the galaxy:
    zEHSJkb.png

He has joined his mother in the Resistance instead:
    8WXHMCo.png

I think she's very pretty.
    I love all your screenshots B)
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    @BlkBarbiegal I put some pics of my Cantina edit in the Star Wars builds thread (probably much further down here by now, i would link it but it's too hard for me on my mobile phone).

If I remember, I will post some pics of my resistance edit tomorrow. I added a tiny bathroom in the top entryway and then more stuff in the basement in that area that looks like a kind of rec room. It has the wardrobe shelves in it, so i added a couple of beds, a bathroom, a chess table and an off the grid cooler. All in the same sort of style as the existing stuff.

I didn't do much to the first order lot. It's very uninspiring and I don't have enough imagination to improve it. I'm hoping a good edit appears on the gallery.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

Ha ha ha :) I have my zabrak over in Batuu now and I love playing as a scoundrel. Don't know why, I usually play goodie-goodie but now I just want to do something else. Love the missions from the cantina!
  • Ghostkev79Ghostkev79 Posts: 20 Member
    > @simgirl1010 said:
    > Seems like we're really not having fun. :p
    >
    > (Image)

They will twist and change whatever to make their view seem like it is the right view.. it's sad really..
  • elemmeleelemmele Posts: 689 Member
    ...someone thought this thread was cringey? Honestly...can't relate 🤷‍♀️ Been lurking this thread since day one and soaking in those positive vibes! ✌

Also took that quiz! I got the Resistance! I was hoping for Scoundrel, but...i'm not surprised honestly. I'm too fluffy to be a Scoundrel, methinks. 😜

Loving all the screenshots and gameplay tips being shared here! And I'm so glad you guys are enjoying the pack!~ 🤩

now back to lurking for me
    de4l47l-8be82ab0-e824-47d8-b89d-e4b317e1e4e7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMGE4NDlmM2ItMjBlZC00MzNkLWJkZjQtMzY5YzY0MGVhYzFmXC9kZTRsNDdsLThiZTgyYWIwLWU4MjQtNDdkOC1iODlkLWU0YjMxN2UxZTRlNy5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.mOg5OTH8yLLAb8Swus1BlunSLcRGY3-w29wazeBAu18
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    @BlkBarbiegal I put some pics of my Cantina edit in the Star Wars builds thread (probably much further down here by now, i would link it but it's too hard for me on my mobile phone).

If I remember, I will post some pics of my resistance edit tomorrow. I added a tiny bathroom in the top entryway and then more stuff in the basement in that area that looks like a kind of rec room. It has the wardrobe shelves in it, so i added a couple of beds, a bathroom, a chess table and an off the grid cooler. All in the same sort of style as the existing stuff.

I didn't do much to the first order lot. It's very uninspiring and I don't have enough imagination to improve it. I'm hoping a good edit appears on the gallery.
    Thank you! I’m totally checking that thread out!😘
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    b70259dc1750e8d4ef6cd2ed77f3e20542830ae7.png
    I did a mission and it was so much fun :smiley:

My zabrak got fried, ha ha, poor guy. Now we are heading back to ordinary life to do some work to get cash, get a computer and learn some programming. I have never ever had the inspiration to have a "bad" or dodgy character but it just comes naturally this time around. Think we will try to fizz some juice as well. So, some programming and juice-fizzing so I can have a reason for gardening.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    So...some additional mischief is going on in that cantina when I'm not looking. One of my Sims was off taking care of business while the others stayed behind in the cantina. When next she met back up with them, one of them was "dazed" from drinking!

I have no mods in my game right now. Was this sneaked into the bars or is it unique to Batuu, I wonder? Or have I just never had a Sim drink enough? Lol
    #Team Occult
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    LiELF wrote: »
    I am having so much fun with this! <3

I was up until 3 in the morning playing last night, and it's 2:30am right now as I just stopped playing a few minutes ago and I'm up too late again because I'm a little bit insane over this pack. :D

I'd like to share some screenshots and some of my story as it unravels but I just keep playing, so I'm not sure when I'll be doing that. I'm really looking forward to playing around with the CAS. I have so, so many character ideas (most have nothing to do with Star Wars) and I absolutely love the clothing.

I think it's important to go into this pack with the expectations that it functions more like a miniature version of the old Sim offshoot games, only it's still connected to the base game so you can use some of the stuff and bring in an existing Sim, with limitations. It's a strange design, for sure, but if you keep an open mind and let it be what it is without trying to make it what you want it to be, it's actually fun.

My biggest gripe is probably that there are no Force powers. My second is that Occults don't function normally, although I'm playing with an Alien, a Spellcaster and a Servo and I'm not having any trouble. I think Vampires and Mermaids would have a bigger problem. Mostly Vampires, which is a shame. But the Servos...they fit in beautifully!

Anyway, I hope others find some enjoyment out of it! May The Force be with you!

Yeah, the occult news is kind of a bummer, but I don't think that's a deal breaker for me. If there isn't a mod then maybe my vampire will just send a ghoul. After all, the vampire to the left would basically be a 7th generation Lasombra with a humanity score of 3. He would definitely see the affairs of canaille to be beneath him. So, I'm still planning to pick up the pack on sale.

I saw someone say that Vampires could go into the home base rabbit hole and replenish their hunger with the "freshen up" option. I feel intrigued to try other Occults in Batuu now.

Also, makes sense to send a minion. I think it's completely believable that a Lasombra could be behind the Empire.
    #Team Occult
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member

I was up until 3 in the morning playing last night, and it's 2:30am right now as I just stopped playing a few minutes ago and I'm up too late again because I'm a little bit insane over this pack. :D

I'd like to share some screenshots and some of my story as it unravels but I just keep playing, so I'm not sure when I'll be doing that. I'm really looking forward to playing around with the CAS. I have so, so many character ideas (most have nothing to do with Star Wars) and I absolutely love the clothing.

I think it's important to go into this pack with the expectations that it functions more like a miniature version of the old Sim offshoot games, only it's still connected to the base game so you can use some of the stuff and bring in an existing Sim, with limitations. It's a strange design, for sure, but if you keep an open mind and let it be what it is without trying to make it what you want it to be, it's actually fun.

My biggest gripe is probably that there are no Force powers. My second is that Occults don't function normally, although I'm playing with an Alien, a Spellcaster and a Servo and I'm not having any trouble. I think Vampires and Mermaids would have a bigger problem. Mostly Vampires, which is a shame. But the Servos...they fit in beautifully!

Yeah, the occult news is kind of a bummer, but I don't think that's a deal breaker for me. If there isn't a mod then maybe my vampire will just send a ghoul. After all, the vampire to the left would basically be a 7th generation Lasombra with a humanity score of 3. He would definitely see the affairs of canaille to be beneath him. So, I'm still planning to pick up the pack on sale.

I saw someone say that Vampires could go into the home base rabbit hole and replenish their hunger with the "freshen up" option. I feel intrigued to try other Occults in Batuu now.

Also, makes sense to send a minion. I think it's completely believable that a Lasombra could be behind the Empire.

I've been thinking about that. On one hand, a less authoritarian government would be a lot more conducive to behind-the-scenes manipulation. On the other hand, supporting the Empire while simultaneously getting a stranglehold on the underworld that supports the black market that results from heavy-handed rule is very Lasombra. :D
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,914 Member
    So...some additional mischief is going on in that cantina when I'm not looking. One of my Sims was off taking care of business while the others stayed behind in the cantina. When next she met back up with them, one of them was "dazed" from drinking!

I have no mods in my game right now. Was this sneaked into the bars or is it unique to Batuu, I wonder? Or have I just never had a Sim drink enough? Lol
    Well, you never know WHAT they mix in those colored milks of them, right? :D

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina

I've been thinking about that. On one hand, a less authoritarian government would be a lot more conducive to behind-the-scenes manipulation. On the other hand, supporting the Empire while simultaneously getting a stranglehold on the underworld that supports the black market that results from heavy-handed rule is very Lasombra. :D

Quite! I believe you've solved it. :D>:)

Well, you never know WHAT they mix in those colored milks of them, right? :D

True that! I may send my Sim to drink three or four and see what happens. :p
    #Team Occult
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,914 Member
    True that! I may send my Sim to drink three or four and see what happens. :p

One thing what happens I know already, lol, after those drinks you need to add a toilet :p
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • purplestarz2006purplestarz2006 Posts: 340 Member
    Ok, well, now that my (very poorly timed) migraine seems to have subsided a bit I've finally been able to play and...I am having a blast!

I ended up taking a full group of 8 Sims, but only 3 of them are really digging into the missions. The others have just kind of been hanging out at the cantina or serving as distractions while hacking. I'll be having them go back once I get to their lot in the rotation, but come on-am I really not going to have Rey, Finn, and Padme be the first to visit Battu? (Even if they do have to tag along on their cousin's honeymoon to do it.)

Rey's been making her way into the Resistance, Finn is fumbling his way into the First Order, and Padme's actually doing pretty well for herself as a scoundrel. Nobody's built lightsabers or droids yet, (still saving up credits) but Rey did earn herself a yellow crystal from her second mission so when the time comes, she's ready. (She's also earned a green one. I'm hoping that she can eventually earn a blue, so when she comes back with her family she can give the blue one to her mom Leia and the green one to her uncle Luke.)

The world is beautiful, and I love the little details like the music over the loading screens. Actually, the audio, in general, is fantastic. (There's even a unique music cue that plays when Sims WooHoo in the Dwelling.) And I actually really like the challenge that comes with having a separate currency and inventory for Battu.

This pack is amazing. The team did a great job and should be very proud of the work that they did.
    TranquilityCreekBannerMaskssmall.jpg
  • MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    OK OK. Glad this is a positive oriented thread since some players were pretty loud about their dislike this pack. ON the other hand, I was excited for the pack and now that the game has been released, it still looks interesting with nice world design. I also like the CAS and Build items and some of the gameplay options. The only major downside is that the game play doesn't take into account one of the biggest missing elements that the whole movie series is based on and that is the whole Jedi identity. EA left out any kind of skills (using the force), traits (ex.wisdom), groups related to the Jedi (they only included the Sith and the Resistance but seemed to let the Jedi's take a back seat for some reason), and gameplay as well as decisions made by Jedi's. I guess they stuck to the amusement park attraction which was not a smart move at all. So that's a bummer. Also, the builder in me wished there was more than just one lot to build or change something. All that said, I may still get it because I am a big decades long SW fan. But only perhaps when it is on sale and mostly, for the scenery and "stuff".
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
  • HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    edited September 2020
    I played on and off today. I love Batuu. It’s beautiful.

It’s been a good sci-fi space opera day. Did anyone catch the new Dune trailer? For a fraction of a second, when I saw the still of Paul. I thought it was Kylo Ren/Ben Solo, but it wasn’t. And there is a Star Wars connection, since Oscar Isaac is Duke Leto Atredeies.
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    rh2006fan wrote: »

I'm Resistance! Can someone tell me how to observe the First Order? I'm enjoying this so much and my slow, slow pace. I've only completed the first mission on arrival.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I think they added in dazed with Eco Living and Juicing @LiELF
    Sometimes I do a juiced community now and many people are dazed... also without mods.
    egTcBMc.png
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I think they added in dazed with Eco Living and Juicing @LiELF
    Sometimes I do a juiced community now and many people are dazed... also without mods.

Oh right! Heh, the juiced community is one of the things that has actually made me reconsider the pack. I kind of want a couple of juiced up neighborhoods. :D

#Team Occult
    Kimmer wrote: »
    I wanted to share the funniest Star Wars let's play I've seen so far. DrGluon has an ability to make everything positive and interesting.
    I know many people don't want to watch a long video, but I suggest to check out his intro, it's awesome. :smiley:

https://youtu.be/1nl04wad_Ss

@Kimmer ...... Everyone should watch this just to see his intro. lol for sure.
    Hearts4u wrote: »

I'm Resistance! Can someone tell me how to observe the First Order? I'm enjoying this so much and my slow, slow pace. I've only completed the first mission on arrival.

@Hearts4u If you hover your mouse over the task in the mission window it will give you a tip on what to do.
    #Team Occult

@LiELF ..... thanks so much because I could not figure that out. I'll try that. I had to start a new saved game after I lost all my credits in a game of sabacc. Plus, that alien in the game was cheating. This time around I'm going to do better and earn more credits first. :wink:
    @LiELF ..... thanks so much because I could not figure that out. I'll try that. I had to start a new saved game after I lost all my credits in a game of sabacc. Plus, that alien in the game was cheating. This time around I'm going to do better and earn more credits first. :wink:

Then my other advice is to cheat at Sabacc, especially when you play against Hondo. I think the mission is set up so you have to cheat. I played several games against him and didn't win until I cheated and then he respected me for winning, lol.
    #Team Occult
  • sunhair2008sunhair2008 Posts: 136 Member
    I'm really loving this pack I got a kick out of how my female sim who is in the first order evilly chuckled when she put a crystal into her saber and I love how my sims chuckle when sparring/challenge each other its like they are taunting one another they do this autonomously too
    House- SLYTHERIN
    Wand Elder wood with a dragon heartstring core, 13 ½" and unyielding flexibility
    Patronus - Dragon
    Ilvermorny School - Pukwudgie
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member

In your JOB panel, hover over the task and a pop-up will explain.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top