Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Island Living Q&A - Early Access!

Comments

• Options
    scoedscoed Posts: 91 Member
    > @elanorbreton said:
    > Cheekybits wrote: »
    >
    > I’m glad they have new lot traits. I’m looking forward to making a nude beach. I’m a bit bummed out about the part time jobs not being semi active, the fishing and diving one doesn’t matter too much since I can do those things anyways but the life guard in sims 3 was fun. The odd jobs look impressive, I’m glad they thought of that.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I thought the life guard was an active career? Is that not so? Why were there lifeguards standing around on the beach in the trailer?

Yes there is lifeguards on the beaches but they are NPCs apparently as the career is a part time rabbit hole type job like babysitting. At least that is my understanding from the gamechangers.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    The island canoe/sail boat. You don't need them to make floaties work. You can use floaties, canoes and jet skis in pools, as lone as it's big enough. So you can make or downlad a player made lake (made with pool tool) and go boating on it in other worlds if you wish.
    Finally, a wonderful use for those huge 64 x 64 lots! ;)

YES!!! I haven't had much use of the 64x64 lots but sailing would be great. Wonderful idea :)
  • Options
    simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    edited June 2019
    Did any of the game changers mention new recipes? I'd love to know what island food my sims can cook up.

In various videos, I have seen a few new recipes and drinks, which seem tied to the new harvestables. They are cute and well animated.

1) The Welcome Wagon brings a kava drink to share with new sims instead of fruit cake. This drink gives the relaxed moodlet if the sim just has a drink or two and the dazed moodlet if they drink too much of it. It comes from the new kava plant harvestable, presumably.

2) A new drink, called Lotta Cocolata, is served at the bar. It is super cute, served in a cup made of half of a coconut shell. It probably requires coconut (a new harvestable) as an ingredient.

3) Your sim can buy a poke bowl (made of diced and marinated raw fish) from the new Island food stand. Maybe (hopefully) it is also a recipe your sim can learn by eating (as with the exotic foods in City Living), so they can then prepare it at home themselves.

4) In the new cooking pit, sims can prepare 5 different dishes, two of which were new to the game: Island Vegetable Feast and Kalua Pork -- the main ingredient for this second dish seems to be another new harvestable, pineapple. (The other cooking pit dishes were the fish dinner and Pork Adobo, both of which are already in the game).

There might be more recipes which are unlocked with better skills at cooking, too, but obviously no one was able to play long enough to find out.
    Post edited by simfriend1968 on
  • Options
    CuBurCuBur Posts: 1 New Member
    Can Mermaid's have an secret world under water as like the Alien's world Sixam?

I really wish to see depths of the ocean ! <3
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    CuBur wrote: »

There are no underwater lots.
  • Options
    simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    CuBur wrote: »

I would like that too. Elliandra mentioned in her mermaid video that she had heard a rumor of a Mermaid Cove while at EA play, but since no one else has mentioned it anywhere, I think it unlikely. The cave in which you can find Mermadic kelp appears to be a rabbit hole.
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    No new pool content is a disappointment. Hopefully Pool Stuff Pack will come next year. Need water slide, pool bar, swim in Jacuzzi, diving board, pool maintenance (cleaning it/buying and maintaining a filter). Sad how Sims 3 Island Paradise came with more content over Sims 4 Island Living too. How can there be no hammocks?! Sims 2 had them!
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    @Cheekybits thanks for your answer, I have been avoiding watching gameplay videos so didn't know.

But that is just plum. I do not understand why they would taunt us with npc lifeguards and then make it a rabbithole career :'(
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    leetamme wrote: »
    I've been going through and not sure if this has been answered...

A simmer from another forum I think in the speculation area had asked and I was wondering the answer too. ( sorry I don't remember who asked or where I had seen it exactly as there is so much to get through at the moment)

What from this EP will carry over into other worlds?

Thank you for the info on sunbathing glad to know it be one of those things to carry over.

It's the last paragraph of gameplay section, 3rd post in this thread:
    Lots of things can be used and done in other worlds. If you want a sailing lake in Granite Falls, go ahead and build yourself a giant pool with some outriggers floating on it. You can relax or sunbathe anywhere a beach towel or lounger is placed, or take portable versions with you if you vacation. Anything that is tied to a placeable object is available anywhere you place that object, it's as simple as that.

What is an outrigger? I heard you have to have them to make floaties work in pools?

The island canoe/sail boat. You don't need them to make floaties work. You can use floaties, canoes and jet skis in pools, as long as it's big enough. So you can make or download a player made lake (made with pool tool) and go boating on it in other worlds if you wish.

This is so good to hear!! I never build on huge huge lots because I lack imagination to fill them, so this will be a really cool way to add "lakes" to other worlds and have them do fun water activities there :D
  • Options
    rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    Does anyone know if there are any new fish tanks coming with the pack? I would live a new one but I haven seen them listed anywhere so unsure
  • Options
    rinre33 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there are any new fish tanks coming with the pack? I would live a new one but I haven seen them listed anywhere so unsure

It hasn't been mentioned and I didn't see any in the build/buy videos I watched.
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    leetamme wrote: »
    I've been going through and not sure if this has been answered...

A simmer from another forum I think in the speculation area had asked and I was wondering the answer too. ( sorry I don't remember who asked or where I had seen it exactly as there is so much to get through at the moment)

What from this EP will carry over into other worlds?

Thank you for the info on sunbathing glad to know it be one of those things to carry over.

It's the last paragraph of gameplay section, 3rd post in this thread:
    Lots of things can be used and done in other worlds. If you want a sailing lake in Granite Falls, go ahead and build yourself a giant pool with some outriggers floating on it. You can relax or sunbathe anywhere a beach towel or lounger is placed, or take portable versions with you if you vacation. Anything that is tied to a placeable object is available anywhere you place that object, it's as simple as that.

What is an outrigger? I heard you have to have them to make floaties work in pools?

The island canoe/sail boat. You don't need them to make floaties work. You can use floaties, canoes and jet skis in pools, as long as it's big enough. So you can make or download a player made lake (made with pool tool) and go boating on it in other worlds if you wish.

This is so good to hear!! I never build on huge huge lots because I lack imagination to fill them, so this will be a really cool way to add "lakes" to other worlds and have them do fun water activities there :D

yeah, a 'lake' could have a beach as well, so our sims could sunbathe there as well.
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    hmm, I wonder if you give a lot a beach lot trait, would our sims be able to build sand castles there?
  • Options
    HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member

3) Your sim can buy a poke bowl (made of diced and marinated raw fish) from the new Island food stand. Maybe (hopefully) it is also a recipe your sim can learn by eating (as with the exotic foods in City Living), so they can then prepare it at home themselves.

Yippeee!! Poke! I love this expansion pack already, theyrecreally going all out to make it Island style. I can’t wait to start writing some SimLit on this.

Hopefully there’s musubi and poi too.
  • Options
    liliaeth wrote: »
    hmm, I wonder if you give a lot a beach lot trait, would our sims be able to build sand castles there?

Sand sculptures arn't tied to Beach venue type. I've seen them built all over the islands on sandy world terrain.

Maybe they'll add it as a function to sand terrain paints?
  • Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    edited June 2019
    Edit- found the answer in another thread. :)
  • Options
    s1mszzangs1mszzang Posts: 797 Member
    edited June 2019
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NsUG2QEXv40&amp;t=73s

When we view under ocean on first person mod, there isn't any water. :'(
    Any plan to update for it?
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    aws200 wrote: »
    No new pool content is a disappointment. Hopefully Pool Stuff Pack will come next year. Need water slide, pool bar, swim in Jacuzzi, diving board, pool maintenance (cleaning it/buying and maintaining a filter). Sad how Sims 3 Island Paradise came with more content over Sims 4 Island Living too. How can there be no hammocks?! Sims 2 had them!

I need more pool items now. I hope they'll instead put them in a patch before Summer is over. Floaties will help but I need pool slides and pool waterfalls.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    rinre33 wrote: »

It hasn't been mentioned and I didn't see any in the build/buy videos I watched.

Sadly there isn't any new aquariums and Jellyfish can't be caught to place in the aquarium.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Hi guys! Letting you know I have Early Access and have been playing most of today, so if you still have questions I'll try to answer them.

This is my gameplay so far...

I started out with a single male sim, Jaden Waverly, on the starter home near the volcano. He is now engaged to and living with Nalani (the Mersim from the trailer). Nalani is currently pregnant with their first child.

D'aww
    52f0969dbc.png

Jobs-wise Jaden is a level 4 Conservationist and Nalani is a level 1 Diver. They also have a sales table (the JA one looks great in this world) and sell the collectible minerals they find from lava bombs/spawns and any duplicate shells/treasures from beachcombing/diving/beach cleaning.

Surveying Algae
    4f611d61a4.png

I've tested out sand sculptures... A lot...

Sandcastles on Sulani
    170105c57b.png
    Sandcastles on Windenburg Coast
    492a59421d.png

Sandcastles on Brindleton Bay Coast
    b93b54d879.png

Sandcastles on Oasis Springs Coast
    f603e077fe.png

And... Sandcastles in the Middle of the Desert x2
    832775da05.png
    4cee00bb8a.png

Or... Sandcastles in the Middle of the City
    04751d9d49.png

Also swimming, snorkelling, and free diving/free diving for seashells. Jaden threw a Kava Party (only got Bronze due to a bug) and cooked on the pit BBQ. I attended the Fire Festival type cultural event. I've checked out the 2 new food stalls and both beaches. They also went for a date to the bar.
    Post edited by EmmaVane on
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Ooh. I do have two crosspack-related questions:

- Does cleaning up the beach raise empathy for young sims with Parenthood?
    - Do we get new club activities or holiday traditions for GT/Seasons?
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited June 2019
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    icmnfrsh wrote: »

Their kid isn't born yet, but I'll let you know later.

No new Traditions that I could see, but a lot of things likely fit into current categories such as Water Fun, Grand Meal and Fire etc.

There are only two new Club Activities: Conservation Activities (which I was hoping for) and Dive in the Ocean (might also include snorkelling going by the icon). Both are under the Outdoor section. There's also Club Filters for Mersims, Careers and Traits as usual.

644285da44.png
    Post edited by EmmaVane on
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member

Their kid isn't born yet, but I'll let you know later.

No new Traditions that I could see, but a lot of things likely fit into current categories such as Water Fun, Grand Meal and Fire etc.

There are only two new Club Activities: Conservation Activities (which I was hoping for) and Dive in the Ocean (might also include snorkelling going by the icon). Both are under the Outdoor section.

644285da44.png

Thanks!
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?