Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Island Living Q&A - Early Access!

Comments

• icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Also, yaaaaaaaaaassssssssssss. I was also wondering whether sand activities were available in other worlds, and the devs delivered! I'm glad there's more to do now in other places :)

And it's a nice touch that the sand sculptures are of the same color as the sand in the area :)
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited June 2019
    Added some screenshots to my gameplay post above, if you've already read it.

I’m curious: how (if at all) do cats and dogs react to/interact with the sea?

Haven't tested it, but was told dogs can swim in the sea during the GC Exclusive Livestream.

Also, do mermaids have the same lifespan as a regular sim?

Looks like they have the same/similar lifespan as regular sims. Jaden has 12 days left 'til Adult and Nalani has 15, but she's in the 2nd trimester and there's age staggering of up to 4 days on all new sims.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    Also, yaaaaaaaaaassssssssssss. I was also wondering whether sand activities were available in other worlds, and the devs delivered! I'm glad there's more to do now in other places :)

And it's a nice touch that the sand sculptures are of the same color as the sand in the area :)

Where does it say that you can play with sand in other worlds???
    alan650111 wrote: »

The spoiler near the bottom of this post.
  • bsasinbsasin Posts: 33 Member
    I heard there is spear fishing. What’s that like?
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    alan650111 wrote: »

The spoiler near the bottom of this post.

Cool! In an earlier post by someone it said sandcastles are exclusive to the new world.
    edited June 2019
    bsasin wrote: »
    I heard there is spear fishing. What’s that like?

Spearfishing requires level 4 Fitness and the purchase of a spear gun at a deep sea buoy for 500 simoleons.

Your sim will dive at the buoy (rabbithole) and spearfish for 1 hour, coming up about 3-4 times for air. While spearfishing they gain Fitness and Fishing skill and at the end of the hour you get a fish (possibly more than 1).

I only just tested this as I had to get Jaden to level 4 Fitness first (didn't want to test with Nalani because she's a Child of the Ocean and fish are friends, not food, to her.

Also, while I was getting his fitness up to 4, I saw this...

Dun dun. Dun dun. Dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun...
    dad2682384.png

Looks like I've just made it to the 2nd stage of Conservation too:

b6c40c009a.png
    Post edited by EmmaVane on
  • sunspritersunspriter Posts: 125 Member
    Are the sunsets from residential lots nice?? Lol that and waterslides (😩) are all I care about
    edited June 2019
    sunspriter wrote: »
    Are the sunsets from residential lots nice?? Lol that and waterslides (😩) are all I care about

There are no water slides.

The sunsets are lovely, but I only have this one screenshot so far. This is taken on that empty island in the natural island area, so a quick swim away from my sim's house, but not on the lot.

Sulani Sunset While Surveying Fish
    5b49aa3695.png
  • sunspritersunspriter Posts: 125 Member
    sunspriter wrote: »

There are no water slides.

The sunsets are lovely, but I only have this one screenshot so far. This is taken on that empty island in the natural island area, so a quick swim away from my sim's house, but not on the lot.

Sulani Sunset While Surveying Fish
    956c20c496.png

Ohhh thank you that’s so pretty! Excited again now 🙃

• wx_lixwx_lix Posts: 7 New Member
    If my vampires have the Sun Resistance power to max, will they be able to sunbath/suntan? D:
    wx_lix wrote: »
    If my vampires have the Sun Resistance power to max, will they be able to sunbath/suntan? D:

Someone said vampires can't tan at all because their skin is dead
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • wx_lixwx_lix Posts: 7 New Member
    Oh ok, thank you @icmnfrsh :)
  • AngelluluAngellulu Posts: 634 Member
    Do mermaids get fish tails in hot tub?
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Dont remember seeing this question anywhere but is there mermaid woohoo??? :*
    5vJrxmT.png
    Had to go back and add watermarks to the screenshots because I'm an absolute noob of a GC.

Forgive me, Sims Gods.
    edited June 2019
    Angellulu wrote: »
    Do mermaids get fish tails in hot tub?

Bought a hot tub and added it as an activity for my Mersim club. Looks like they don't have tails in hot tubs. Could be an oversight or it might be because of hot tub woohoo being a thing. We shall see, I guess.
  • bsasinbsasin Posts: 33 Member
    Spearfishing requires level 4 Fitness and the purchase of a spear gun at a deep sea buoy for 500 simoleons.

Your sim will dive at the buoy (rabbithole) and spearfish for 1 hour, coming up about 3-4 times for air. While spearfishing they gain Fitness and Fishing skill and at the end of the hour you get a fish (possibly more

Oh that’s unfortunate. I was hoping for a castaway-style spearfishing. Not sure why I’d want to spend $500 and send my sim to a rabbit hole to get a fish or two when I can just use the pole that’s free.
    edited June 2019
    bsasin wrote: »

Your sim will dive at the buoy (rabbithole) and spearfish for 1 hour, coming up about 3-4 times for air. While spearfishing they gain Fitness and Fishing skill and at the end of the hour you get a fish (possibly more

Oh that’s unfortunate. I was hoping for a castaway-style spearfishing. Not sure why I’d want to spend $500 and send my sim to a rabbit hole to get a fish or two when I can just use the pole that’s free.

Yeah, I don't know enough about it yet. There might be better odds at rares or something. It also trains two skills at once.
  • AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    edited June 2019
    In the official gameplay trailer:

If you skip to 1:28, you will see a male Sim using the same animations as found in Seasons for Sims wielding lightning, but instead he's using fire. Could this be fire abilities? Probably used to summon those lava rocks the volcano spews.

If you skip to 1:28, you will see a male Sim using the same animations as found in Seasons for Sims wielding lightning, but instead he's using fire. Could this be fire abilities? Probably used to summon those lava rocks the volcano spews.

Maybe it's part of a fire dancing routine?

But if there were fire powers in this game, we'd just need an alpine/ski resort pack to complete the fire-ice-lightning trinity of elemental magic :joy:

edited June 2019

But if there were fire powers in this game, we'd just need an alpine/ski resort pack to complete the fire-ice-lightning trinity of elemental magic :joy:

I haven't come across this in game yet but my theory is that it's likely tied to the Island Spirits or the Child of the Island trait. These spirits are Elementals and I've seen one leave puddles in my house when I summoned them, while another (on a video I watched - can't remember which one) spawned a volcanic lava bomb as a gift for the summoner.

Perhaps each is blessed with a power of air, earth, fire or water and can pass these abilities on to worthy sims.

I haven't come across this in game yet but my theory is that it's likely tied to the Island Spirits or the Child of the Island trait. These spirits are Elementals and I've seen one leave puddles in my house when I summoned them, while another (on a video I watched - can't remember which one) spawned a volcanic lava bomb as a gift for the summoner.

Perhaps each is blessed with a power of air, earth, fire or water and can pass these abilities on to worthy sims.

If this is the case, then the elementals are a seriously underrated aspect of this game. The few people who touched on them in the sneak peeks I've seen only scratched the surface with them. I hope they do have a lot of interesting gameplay :)

• BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Can you do odd-jobs as well as having a full-time (or part-time) job?
    Gallery ID: babysquare
    edited June 2019
    BabySquare wrote: »
    Can you do odd-jobs as well as having a full-time (or part-time) job?

Odd Jobs are available to anyone, teen and up, no matter their level of employment.