Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Island Living Q&A - Early Access!

Comments

• Options
    xstxrrysequencexstxrrysequence Posts: 3,194 Member
    edited June 2019
    I’m kinda sad that mermaids have no power system like vampires do. But it’s all good.

Can’t wait for all the mermaid cc when it gets released!
    image0.gif
    Do you like games that involve strategy? Do you like solving a mystery?
    Come try a Mafia Game!
  • Options
    rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    James mentioned that the 350 recolours are to match wood tones across all of the doors (and I would presume windows) for the base game :) that will make building a lot easier in terms of choosing whatever door and window combo we want
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    rinre33 wrote: »
    James mentioned that the 350 recolours are to match wood tones across all of the doors (and I would presume windows) for the base game :) that will make building a lot easier in terms of choosing whatever door and window combo we want

Thank the Sim heavens 💙 It’s all I’ve ever wanted!!! 😭😭😭😂😂
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    One lounge chair coming for the base game! I'm so happy they decided to do that! It means that maybe in future packs we will get new styles like with normal chairs and sofas
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    One lounge chair coming for the base game! I'm so happy they decided to do that! It means that maybe in future packs we will get new styles like with normal chairs and sofas

I was just about to comment this! I'm glad they did this. One is good enough, and at least it'll give CC makers a basis. I mentioned previously that it would be a travesty if they didn't carry any to the base game, because previous games had them :D
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member

I am really let down. So no new bed cover swatches. No new sofa swatches. No new counter swatches. No new swatches for wallpapers. Just 350 new swatches to match door to windows? :'( Wow.....and I was already uninterested.
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • Options

I am really let down. So no new bed cover swatches. No new sofa swatches. No new counter swatches. No new swatches for wallpapers. Just 350 new swatches to match door to windows? :'( Wow.....and I was already uninterested.

There’s a lot of wood build/buy items and most of them didn’t match. It was really frustrating trying to build anything with wood and having everything mix match. So I’m excited they’re updating it. But I do hope we’ll get more free swatches in the future in patches and in packs :)

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »

Love it.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    This is amazing :joy:
    uc?id=14cuTPJ8eTQ_j-a-Iy4uzlJzmTTLXhL_o
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    edited June 2019
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    Gameplay video from Deligracy:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHJJGdqppGg

At about the 25 minute mark she mentions something about skin creams for sunburns. I wonder if the soothing skin balm from herbalism will help! It does something in JA for bee stings I think, so maybe it will help with sunburns too!
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    Thanks for answering all our questions!
  • Options
    edited June 2019

There’s a lot of wood build/buy items and most of them didn’t match. It was really frustrating trying to build anything with wood and having everything mix match. So I’m excited they’re updating it. But I do hope we’ll get more free swatches in the future in patches and in packs :)

Yeah...im not and ill most likely buy Island living on sale which I never do. I mean like for $10. They really could have made that clear that the swatches had nothing to do with furniture or other items. Just wood tones. Its honestly really crappy because she made it seem as if the swatches were for everything.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Phew. I think I'm done posting for now, let me know if I missed any questions or you need clarification, please. Earlier posts got some edits too, so, check for changes.

Thank you for checking out my post, and have fun with PEPS.
  • Options

It's only doors in this patch, but that doesn't rule out the possibility of more recolours of other build/buy categories in the future.
  • Options
    bluelightingbluelighting Posts: 704 Member
    edited June 2019
    so no hula dancing, bummer, but its ok. thanks for your answering all the questions.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Thanks, @EmmaVane ! This is awesome and really detailed.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    Ok, I gotta ask ... is there a Poke recipe? Is it one of the seafood ones?
  • Options
    so no hula dancing, bummer, but its ok. thanks for your answering all the questions.

It wasn't shown or mentioned, but like I said, we didn't see everything as we only had an hour.
  • Options
    They actually hyped up a door color update. No integrity. There i was feeling hopeful we were getting an update to the drab furniture and walls but no. She hyped up door colors and possibly windows???
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Haflinger wrote: »

I don't know what that is. The only recipes I saw during the stream were Pit BBQ ones (I only read Kalua Pork on that), and the kava drink. I saw someone buy from a food stand elsewhere, so wrote down what was listed.
  • Options
    HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Haflinger wrote: »

I don't know what that is. The only recipes I saw during the stream were Pit BBQ ones (I only read Kalua Pork on that), and I saw someone buy from a food stand elsewhere, so wrote down what was listed.

Poke is ono! Got a nice place right near my house I like to visit a lot. It's usually a rice and fish dish (though you can get salad at the restaurant near me). The fish is raw, chopped pretty fine. I like getting ahi and yellowtail, and then you get toppings like oh ... pineapple, a little masago (fish roe), imitation crab, etc. I guess I'll have to wait and see then. But yum, kalua pork! I can hope for musubi too!!
  • Options
    CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    Are the 4 new careers active ? And what are the “odd jobs” I didn’t really see many people checking out the career options.
  • Options
    Cheekybits wrote: »
    Are the 4 new careers active ? And what are the “odd jobs” I didn’t really see many people checking out the career options.

No only the conservation one is. The other ones are part time jobs for teens+

• Options
    edited June 2019
    Cheekybits wrote: »

Only conservationist is. The others are part-time jobs (currently teens jobs, but being patched in for teen+ with patch).

From my understanding Odd Jobs are one-off tasks you can do for people on the island for a small amount of cash.