Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Island Living Q&A - Early Access!

Comments

• Options
    emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

Thanks @EmmaVane <3
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Forgot to add:

If you also have Seasons installed one of the Mersim powers is the ability to summon tropical storms. I don't know if they can summon storms elsewhere though, as they aren't tropical storms in other worlds.
  • Options
    CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Cheekybits wrote: »
    Are the 4 new careers active ? And what are the “odd jobs” I didn’t really see many people checking out the career options.

Only conservationist is. The others are part-time jobs (currently teens jobs, but being patched in for teen+ with patch).

From my understanding Odd Jobs are one-off tasks you can do for people on the island for a small amount of cash.

Ok cool ty, does that mean you go to work in a rabbit hole or can you save other sims ect.
  • Options
    Are the 4 new careers active ? And what are the “odd jobs” I didn’t really see many people checking out the career options.

Only conservationist is. The others are part-time jobs (currently teens jobs, but being patched in for teen+ with patch).

From my understanding Odd Jobs are one-off tasks you can do for people on the island for a small amount of cash.

Ok cool ty, does that mean you go to work in a rabbit hole or can you save other sims ect.

Odd Jobs, not sure. Part-Time jobs, rabbithole, same as now.
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    Great thread @EmmaVane, thanks very much for taking the time to do this :)

Could I just ask for clarification on what you said re. tanning:
    Tanning is exclusive to the EP, so you won't see the interaction on the free lounger without it.

Does that mean that with the EP, sunbathing will be available on the lounger/towel in worlds other than Sulani, or is it restricted to only Sulani?
  • Options
    lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    I've noticed in Deligracy's video that the ceiling fan is off in Live Mode. Does that mean we can turn them on/off now? Do they affect sims now too instead of being purely aesthetic?
  • Options
    WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    Haflinger wrote: »
    Haflinger wrote: »
    Ok, I gotta ask ... is there a Poke recipe? Is it one of the seafood ones?

I don't know what that is. The only recipes I saw during the stream were Pit BBQ ones (I only read Kalua Pork on that), and I saw someone buy from a food stand elsewhere, so wrote down what was listed.

Poke is ono! Got a nice place right near my house I like to visit a lot. It's usually a rice and fish dish (though you can get salad at the restaurant near me). The fish is raw, chopped pretty fine. I like getting ahi and yellowtail, and then you get toppings like oh ... pineapple, a little masago (fish roe), imitation crab, etc. I guess I'll have to wait and see then. But yum, kalua pork! I can hope for musubi too!!

We're lucky to have a Poke restaurant near us and to quote my friend, "It's sushi in a bowl." And yes, it would be a perfect fit for this expansion with the amount of fish available.
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    edited June 2019
    I realize tanning is exclusive to the EP, but can your sims tan in other worlds other than Sulani?

Post edited by JestTru on
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited June 2019
    @EmmaVane Do you know what the premades who come with this pack are like? Sorry if you already said this but I couldn't see it.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Thank you very much for the very thorough post @EmmaVane
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Great thread @EmmaVane, thanks very much for taking the time to do this :)

Could I just ask for clarification on what you said re. tanning:
    Tanning is exclusive to the EP, so you won't see the interaction on the free lounger without it.

Does that mean that with the EP, sunbathing will be available on the lounger/towel in worlds other than Sulani, or is it restricted to only Sulani?
    leetamme wrote: »
    I realize tanning is exclusive to the EP, but can your sims tan in other worlds other than Sulani?

It's available in in all worlds, but only if you have the EP.

I queried it with the gurus (because it was initially unclear) and Ninja responded with a nude sunbathing pic taken in StrangerVille. His sim got burned because he forgot sunscreen (lol and ouch).
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Do you know what the premades who come with this pack are like? Sorry if you already said this but I couldn't see it.

I don't I'm afraid. The test sims during the stream was Nalani (the mermaid from the trailer) and a male Mersim. They were placed on the small starter residential lot near the volcano. They aren't pre-placed in the town though, as that lot is vacant.

There are 4 premade families though, and at least 1 has a toddler.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Does the new radio station have Steele drums?
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    Do you know what the premades who come with this pack are like? Sorry if you already said this but I couldn't see it.

I don't I'm afraid. The test sims during the stream was Nalani (the mermaid from the trailer) and a male Mersim. They were placed on the small starter residential lot near the volcano. They aren't pre-placed in the town though, as that lot is vacant.

Thank you :) and thank you for doing this too.
  • Options
    edited June 2019

Thank you :) and thank you for doing this too.

@MaggieMarley Watch this video by EnglishSimmer, it has the info you need:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sGQGrU8Ew0
  • Options
    Other GCs and gurus have clarified things so I made some corrections.

There is no 64x64 lot, this was a statement made during the stream, but turns out to have been incorrect according to a GC (Aveline) who was invited to EA Play. The largest lots are 50x50, one each on upscale and natural islands.

Gurus clarified that Odd Jobs are also available for teens, so it could be a great way to earn that new laptop or stereo.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    All 350 new swatches are for doors. Also the new kitchen counter has no matching wall cabinet or island which I don't get ?
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Does the new radio station have Steele drums?

That sounds unlikely as a SimGuru has said it's Hawaiian-inspired. Steel drums are a Caribbean instrument.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Sorry I missed what they said about vacationing, or being able to own multiple homes or anything like it.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    smurfy77 wrote: »
    Sorry I missed what they said about vacationing, or being able to own multiple homes or anything like it.

This is @SimGuruMorgan confirming that the world is live-in not a vacation world:

There's been no suggestion that owning multiple homes is now possible.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Thank you so much for all the amazing details <3

I wondered if you know how sims use the boats? Is there an animation for getting in/on or do they just disappear and reappear on the boat, kind of teleporting?
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

I wondered if you know how sims use the boats? Is there an animation for getting in/on or do they just disappear and reappear on the boat, kind of teleporting?

They teleport out of the water into the boat.
  • Options
    edited June 2019

Looks like a hybrid of a jump and a teleport, at least from the water. You can see it here at about 3:25.

https://youtu.be/CHJJGdqppGg?t=326
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    edited June 2019
    Awww that's disappointing. The whole sailing animation looks a little meh to me, and no movement from the sim they just sit there.

As a canoeist I was hoping it would be better and include some rowing. Never mind, at least there is a whole heap of other stuff that is awesome.

Thanks for the replies, Emma and cat xx