Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 aMAYzing Gift Exchange ~ DONE :)

Comments

• Options
    SamelaRitaSamelaRita Posts: 1,007 Member
    @Mystik1978 Yes, go for it! Take the potion! And get some pics - I've not tried that one and I want to see what happens...
    @AIRIS6962 That's a beautiful build - thank you so much for sharing it. And I h0pe you're steadily getting better and better.
  • Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    edited May 2019
    @Mystik1978 I think it's totally cool for you to use your gifts from different exchanges together. It would be sad for them to be just sitting around collecting dust. :'( Let me know if Lainey takes that potion, and show me a picture, too. I have actually seen her as everything from young adult to elder, but I'd like to see your take on her.

Edited to add: And, oh, I didn't think about the visuals from taking the potion. We need a full report.

Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    KaytayRoallKaytayRoall Posts: 923 Member
    @Mystik1978 Having looked closely at that family and planning on playing them myself sometime soon, my plan is that it depends on whether Colin and Lena are attracted to each other or not. If not, their partners will be joining the household and it will grow quickly and they will have extra hands to help sooner. If they are, additional help won't arrive until offspring are old enough (teenagers to help with gardening!), unless they hire help or have friends join the household to help out. But that is my plan, because I have a hard time with lots of sims at once... You do you! :)
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited May 2019
    I vote for the potion as well! And that's a most awesomely sweet place, no matter who made it!

And, if you are curious, I've made it through the first week of Alpha's challenge.
    http://cianesims.home.blog/story/mcgowan
    So, I've two more chapters up since last time.
    Post edited by ciane on
  • Options
    AlphaFFrogAlphaFFrog Posts: 1,250 Member
    @KaytayRoall Wow, thanks that's really thoughtful :)

@SamelaRita Thank you, I would love that! Your thread was invaluable for research and I still have it bookmarked in case the urge to financially/morally bankrupt some sims comes to me again >:)

@AIRIS6962 Far From the Worldly Noise has a beautiful rustic charm! The stone fence layered on stone fence to create that round porch/dining area is fantastic! Thank you and I'm sorry about your health issues <3

Really enjoying this cast party with all the behind the scenes titbits, stories and pics B)
  • Options
    AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member

Thank you very much for your so nice comments @Mystik1978 , @DinoJr , @SamelaRita and @AlphaFen !!
    <3<3<3<3
  • Options
    HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member

Hi @AIRIS6962 ,

WOW ... 'Far From The Worldly Noise' is an absolutely gorgeous build :D !!! It looks a wonderful place for sims to enjoy some peace and quiet. Thank you for your awesome gift to all of us.

I have missed your TS3 creations a lot by the way!!!! Hope very much that you are feeling better! *hugs* <3 x
  • Options

Thank you very much, dear @Hidehi ! Hugs back <3
  • Options
    Mystik1978Mystik1978 Posts: 1,613 Member
    edited May 2019
    @Mmdrgntobldrgn I went back and checked you were right it wasn't you it was @MiaSkywalker She made a ton of cool 🐸🐸🐸🐸 type things! Sorry for the mix up! I knew it was another "witchy user name and well it starts with "M" right. LOL

Thanks for the feedback from all, Including you @friendsfan367 I didn't tag you only because I know you have been busy fighting with your accounts. Will make sure I have a save and a back up save to be on the safe side. Then I will have her take the potion - never used them before either so interested in seeing what happens. Will report back with screenshots soon!
  • Options
    JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    @AIRIS6962

'Far From The Worldly Noise' is so beautiful and looks so peaceful. Thank you for sharing it. I'm sorry you have been having health issues, I'm glad you were still able to participate and wish you the best.

I'm in the camp of wanting to see how the potion drinking goes too, Mystik. I always thought Mia's name was a Star Wars reference and MommaDragon's was a reference to A Song of Ice and Fire? I could totally see them being 🐸🐸🐸🐸 names too.
  • Options
    60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    edited May 2019
    @AIRIS6962, WOW! It's gorgeous. I love all the wood tones you used. I hope you feel better.

And it seems as though its been quite a long time since your last exchange upload. I hope you'll make more. ;)
  • Options
    If you are looking for more to read, I've started the second week now.
    http://cianesims.home.blog/story/mcgowan
    Finally starting to see some real changes.
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Mystik1978 wrote: »
    @Mmdrgntobldrgn I went back and checked you were right it wasn't you it was @MiaSkywalker She made a ton of cool 🐸🐸🐸🐸 type things! Sorry for the mix up! I knew it was another "witchy user name and well it starts with "M" right. LOL

Thanks for the feedback from all, Including you @friendsfan367 I didn't tag you only because I know you have been busy fighting with your accounts. Will make sure I have a save and a back up save to be on the safe side. Then I will have her take the potion - never used them before either so interested in seeing what happens. Will report back with screenshots soon!

i didn't send you a friend request just yet cause i wasn't sure which accont you use.

i'm still fighting with my accounts by the way. i got a bunch of packs. but they currently don't stay installed. i install one it works . go to install the next and the one before disappers.
  • Options
    It's common for the launcher to do that with that latest patch, isn't it? You have to check the packs you want before launching your game, right?
  • Options

Thank you very much @Jessabeans and @60smusicluvr !! <3<3
    Not sure If I will build more in TS3 soon but who knows? ;)
  • Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    I'm back!
    Came home to AC not working. Repair guy has to order part so it's now a waiting game. "Yay!"
    Currently 92 F so I will wait until later when things have cooled down before updating things (stopped somewhere around p 58).
  • Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    Welcome home, @ADWilson . Was going to "awesome" your return but not your lack of AC! Hope your trip was great and that you'll be cooler soon.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    edited May 2019
    suzses wrote: »
    Welcome home, @ADWilson . Was going to "awesome" your return but not your lack of AC! Hope your trip was great and that you'll be cooler soon.

Suzses said what I was thinking more eloquently than I could have so I am quoting. AD, I've lived in hot/humid areas that have been without AC a few times. Put a clean set of under garments in your freezer for about an hour then put them on. It's sounds ridiculous but it's the most effective way to cool down I've found. If it's still hot when you are trying to sleep, there are super cheap 'window fans' that you put into open window that has two little fan units inside one that pulls air in and one that blows it out the other side. It's worth the $20-40 for a set of them for your bedroom if it's going to be a few days.
  • Options
    ciane wrote: »
    It's common for the launcher to do that with that latest patch, isn't it? You have to check the packs you want before launching your game, right?

i rechcked them now they show up.
  • Options
    ADWilson wrote: »
    I'm back!
    Came home to AC not working. Repair guy has to order part so it's now a waiting game. "Yay!"
    Currently 92 F so I will wait until later when things have cooled down before updating things (stopped somewhere around p 58).

i feel your pain. now i have central air/ heat but the second apartmen it blew right in too the ec unit. entertainment center so i wasn't cool but it was.
  • Options
    I hope your trip was awesome. I'd take a trip to a mall or something just for the AC. Maybe take in a couple movies.
  • Options

Welcome back, dear Addy! :kissing_heart:
  • Options
    @AIRIS6962
    Thank YOU for making a group gift! <3

Far from the Worldly Noise is perfect for Hidden Springs! It's like a cabin but oh so much better. LOVE the combination of stone, wood and other materials on the exterior ... alternating the wood/stone pillars with fencing adds a nice detail while opening up the space so it doesn't seem too enclosed. The interior is warm and welcoming!! Easy to see a couple invite a few friends over for an enjoyable dinner. You mentioned fishing and swimming in the pond ... yours looks much nicer than the ones I made!
  • Options
    SamelaRitaSamelaRita Posts: 1,007 Member
    Dear @60smusicluvr I am trying to upload your gifts, and the stories that go with them. Trying is the operative word...my imageshack account has suddenly decided that my free trial has run out (I've been paying for about a couple of years!) and so it won't let me upload the images, my launcher is uploading some of your gifts but not others...like, not the main one for starters! This is so frustrating, and I am so sorry. Addy has the files for your gifts and she can email them to you, if you like - and I'll put up the stories anyway, and you can see some pictures. Oh, and my game kept crashing every time I went in to take some screenshots. :s We think the actual physical crack in the disc might have something to do with that....
    You said you'd just discovered how much you liked Apaloosa Plains, so I made you some buildings and some families to go in there. I was hoping to have time to do over a house for the other set of grandparents, but time got away with me!
    Story links here:
    This is about the house itself.
    https://samelasstories.blogspot.com/2019/05/hillview-house.html
    And this is the Merediths and Wainwrights.
    https://samelasstories.blogspot.com/2019/05/the-merediths-by-personality.html
    This is the Wainwright Place - Jake and Sigrid's farm. You can move them out to it, with a money cheat!
    https://samelasstories.blogspot.com/2019/05/the-wainwright-place.html
    The Petersen boardwalk did upload, so the link to that is here:
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9312030
    I hope you like them - no, I hope you get them! And I'm sorry that the technology has been conspiring against us both - I got back from holiday yesterday and thought, Oh, loading these will fit nicely in between the four loads of washing and ironing - bit of one, bit of the other, nice and peaceful. Ha! Not so! But we will overcome eventually! ;)
  • Options
    SamelaRita wrote: »
    Dear @60smusicluvr I am trying to upload your gifts, and the stories that go with them. Trying is the operative word...my imageshack account has suddenly decided that my free trial has run out (I've been paying for about a couple of years!) and so it won't let me upload the images, my launcher is uploading some of your gifts but not others...like, not the main one for starters! This is so frustrating, and I am so sorry. Addy has the files for your gifts and she can email them to you, if you like - and I'll put up the stories anyway, and you can see some pictures. Oh, and my game kept crashing every time I went in to take some screenshots. :s We think the actual physical crack in the disc might have something to do with that....
    You said you'd just discovered how much you liked Apaloosa Plains, so I made you some buildings and some families to go in there. I was hoping to have time to do over a house for the other set of grandparents, but time got away with me!
    Story links here:
    This is about the house itself.
    https://samelasstories.blogspot.com/2019/05/hillview-house.html
    And this is the Merediths and Wainwrights.
    https://samelasstories.blogspot.com/2019/05/the-merediths-by-personality.html
    This is the Wainwright Place - Jake and Sigrid's farm. You can move them out to it, with a money cheat!
    https://samelasstories.blogspot.com/2019/05/the-wainwright-place.html
    The Petersen boardwalk did upload, so the link to that is here:
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9312030
    I hope you like them - no, I hope you get them! And I'm sorry that the technology has been conspiring against us both - I got back from holiday yesterday and thought, Oh, loading these will fit nicely in between the four loads of washing and ironing - bit of one, bit of the other, nice and peaceful. Ha! Not so! But we will overcome eventually! ;)

The Wainwright Place also loaded. Both it and the Boardwalk are custard clean.

The Wainwright Place: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9312026

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top