Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 aMAYzing Gift Exchange ~ DONE :)

Comments

• Options
    JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    edited May 2019
    :(Le Blush!!!!!!!!!!! :(

Not sure how I did it (might have half a clue but not going to test it), however it seems I bloopered on the Twin's, if you download the "Lief Twins Plus Farm - no cc" you will need to either use the mod MC to fix there sibling status or come up with a story line on why they are no longer siblings.

If however you download the "Lief Twins - no cc" without the house their sibling relationship is still in tact.

I'll be in the corner writing lines ..... double & triple check all uploads in new worlds ......

I really enjoyed your prelude! I think I know which mod you mean, I've seen the havoc it wreaks reading green cat's stories (I love her storytelling but sometimes the families just get so large it's hard to remember who everyone is.) I am too much of a control freak, and bad at handling large families to let sims have kids autonomously.

I found out after the fact that version of the Miller Family I uploaded had Clarinda in random outwear. I was wondering why the Russian dress showed up under items. I can't decide if it's worth uploading recolors of the outfit I had her in, I don't really like to upload item recolors by themselves. I hope that she picks a new outfit before winter if anyone does play her. There were so many parts to some of the buddy gifts it's hard to catch everything.

Thanks for more suggestions @dinojr. I'm not familiar with him but I've added to the list of books to search for, it's a bonus if I get to read something new first.

I'm off to read the newest installment of https://cianesims.home.blog/story/mcgowan/ I'm a little sad the exchange is over but happy there will be so many new stories coming up.

Beautiful pictures Suzses!
    Post edited by Jessabeans on
  • Options
    SamelaRitaSamelaRita Posts: 1,007 Member
    edited May 2019
    @60smusicluvr The second Empire house is gorgeous, and really reminds me of various french houses I saw when we were on holiday in Carcassonne one time - totally took me back to the place in my memory. Yes, I've had challenges with shutters before now as well!
    @suzses Paradise Equestrian Centre fits the island theme so well. I love the colours you've used in the sitting out areas.
    @Kgaff I love Sunburst, and its Scandi look. Next time I play Aurora Skies, it's going in there!
    @AlphaFen When I get home, can I add your renovacies that you did for Mmdrgntobldrgn to the list at the front of the forum page? They're brilliant :D
    @Mystik1978 I think Shade Heartnet looks great. And I love the way you've tied all the stories together. Sasha's backstory is really intriguing too.
    @friendsfan367 The Becker family look great, and I think you did so well to get anything done at all the way your computer was playing up. I can sympathise...mine was doing the same.
    @MsPrissy88 The Gentrys are totally my sort of family - I play farmers a lot. I like the idea of her being a former beauty pageant queen!
    @ciane You've started writing! I really liked the story so far (that one's on my list to play at some point as well. Challenging is how it looks...)
    (end of page 51)
  • Options
    Mystik1978Mystik1978 Posts: 1,613 Member
    So @suzses The Culpeppers have moved into their farm and Lanny was out exploring the town. As she walked by Lanny seen this house made of sugar and spice and she had to see more. So she walked up to the door and rang the bell! This sweet shack was a gift from Mamma D @Mmdrgntobldrgn from a previous gift exchange. Mama D had actually picked me as her buddy and I got some amazing gifts that exchange as well. So what better thing then bring my new gifts and my old gifts together!

screenshot-9.jpg?w=1100
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
  • Options
    game working good. already used codes bad. but i'm currently a member of oa. orgin acess so the packs would be 17 dollars a piece.
  • Options
    oh ireced some more . downlading has to wait til i replace the packs.it wad weird not being stopped wit a register game message.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    @friendsfan367 I am so sorry to hear all the trouble you have having with your different account. I will be honest in a small way (no where near as bad as you have it) I can relate. I have two accounts this one and my Skymyst one. I did that so my daughter could play and be logged into Origins same time I am. BUT, I wasn't thinking when buying Sims 3 packs so they were split with different packs on different accounts. It use to not matter, as long as they were installed I could play them, but after one of EAs patches now my account has to "own" the pack to be able to play it ... Even if the other packs are downloaded to my computer.
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    I hated buying the disc version of EPs I already owned and registered just to be able to play without Origin on the old patch. I'm so sorry you that you ended up buying the game again and face buying more EPs.

I can see the problem with trying to merge two separate accounts and the games tied to different accounts; but you'd think, knowing you were the same individual, that something could be done other than buying what you already own. At least getting them cheaper is some help.
  • Options
    AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member
    edited May 2019
    :open_mouth: What amazing gifts you all made! <3<3<3

I wanted to join to the fun from the first, but I was very busy and I didn´t. And it was a good decision because I had health issues later.
    I was talking to Addy and she suggested a group gift to me. Since I saw it like a very good option, here you are my gift, for you all <3 and specially for our dear @ADWilson <3 whom I want to thank for hosting this.

Far From The Worldly Noise

Download link:

https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9311569

TjuGxpX.jpg

CeDByZF.jpg

PMSRM9R.jpg

qG2YFx2.jpg

All the pics here:

https://imgur.com/a/73tMNjB

<3<3<3
    Post edited by AIRIS6962 on
  • Options

@friendsfan367 , Sorry about your problems with accounts. I hope you can solve soon.
    Sending hugs to you.
  • Options
    @AIRIS6962 - That is drop dead gorgeous. Thank you so much for making that and stopping by to be part of this with us. I'm sorry your health has been giving you problems. I hope you are much better now. Hugs.
  • Options

Thank you very much, dear @ciane !
    I´m glad to see you like it :smiley:
    Hugs back <3
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    I can't get to the download right now. It says it's having problems finding that site; but I'll rec, fav, and download when I can!

NVM - It had an extra http up front. Try this:
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9311569
  • Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    Thank you @AIRIS6962 ! How very nice of you and such a cozy and pretty build that's great for Hidden Springs or Moonlight Falls. <3 I'm sorry to hear you weren't well and hope you are better. Maybe you can join us next time. :)
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options

Thank you for letting me know, @ciane ! I fixed it already.

Thank you very much, dear @suzses ! I built it in Hidden Springs, I love those woods :)

I´m feeling better, it´s taking time but I´m getting it!! YAY

Hugs <3
  • Options
    @KaytayRoall Calista Syringa and her house are great! I love her looks and she's obviously got plenty of personality too...
    @suzses The houseboats are lovely - all that cool blue and white looks really nautical. I like them both lots, but Skymist I is my favourite.
    @60smusicluvr The angled benching in the kitchen on Kgaff's Contemporary is brilliant! I have to try that - I never knew you could do that. ANother learning curve...
    @BreeMiles Ciane's Getaway is going into one of my tropical games - it's so nice!
    @Hidehi The island is amazing. I can't believe you got so much done on it in such a short space of time - I've done some world building and it takes me weeks and weeks and weeks.
    (end of page 53)
  • Options
    MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    @Airis!!! {{hugs}}

I pop in here to see if there was anything new, and .... OH MY! :o Look what YOU created!

That is -- W O W. Definitely, rec'd and faved.

Health problems just su.u.c.k. But, I am so glad to hear that you are feeling better.

I missed you not being in this exchange. :)
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options

Thank you very much, my sweet @MsPrissy88 ! Hugs back <3

I´ve just finished to recommend everything ( I hope I didn´t miss any!! )
    and grabbed some for me :blush:
  • Options
    ciane wrote: »
    I hated buying the disc version of EPs I already owned and registered just to be able to play without Origin on the old patch. I'm so sorry you that you ended up buying the game again and face buying more EPs.

I can see the problem with trying to merge two separate accounts and the games tied to different accounts; but you'd think, knowing you were the same individual, that something could be done other than buying what you already own. At least getting them cheaper is some help.

wellthe way i got it working was to unintall just sims3 i left the others alone,, but i have to rebuy them any cause my codes are obvisly used.

yeah i'm367 on orgin even before i tried merging. i onlybought sims3 cause i ran out of options.it was either buy sims 3 again. its technically the third time i losti bought it when it came out. then that disc went missing in move two so i had to buy it again this time i needed a code and they register to orgin. well if you whine on your page en
    ough. thats why right now i only have mama d ciane and addy oh and 60musiclover. 3 of the 4 are used to my whiny moments the other knew i was having game issues.
  • Options
    @ciane Hunter's Moon and the girls look great, and I love the way you re-imagined the apartment. And the colour choices for Tanka apartments are so effective. I like Miko Wu as well - might "borrow" him for somewhere else.
    @MsPrissy88 Magnolia Estate is a great version of your inspiration image - all that wall-tearing-down worked a treat in the end! And Daisy-the-collie is really cute.
    @Mystik1978 That Lunar Lakes build is great - I haven't played Lunar Lakes in a while, but you might just be inspiring me to revisit it...
    And I've met my holiday goal, which was to snaffle the computer enough times to look at and comment on people's builds. If I've missed anyone out, I'm really sorry - I was doing this in snatched moments, so I could easily have missed something or even several somethings!
    @Mmdrgntobldrgn I like Magda's story-so-far...
  • Options
    Thank you so very much @SamelaRita and everyone else for such sweet words on my Lunar Lakes build. In all honestness, I debated with myself on sharing it because I didn't get to "fully" flesh out the build and make the normally tinkering bits I like to do. Even then I often feel like I forget a lot of the "extra details" many more skilled builders add - with the Sunshine Shacks I really did a rush job so I was not happy with the finished product.

@friendsfan367 I will be honest I cheated a bit to get my codes, I found a site that was cheaper; It did not have a physical disk, nothing illegal but I didn't buy them via EA. I don't want to post it here in case it is some type of violation for posting none origin links. Regardless I hope you are able to get your packs back with a quickness.

@AIRIS6962 What a sweet gift! I am sorry your health issues stopped you from joining this round but hopefully, @ADWilson does another one at some point and maybe you can join in then!
  • Options
    @suzses Maybe you didn't get a kick out of Mama D's Sweet Gingerbread House but Lanny liked it so much it brought out her inner girl. She has been staring at that potion of youth more and more lately! @Mmdrgntobldrgn @ADWilson @ciane @SamelaRita @KaytayRoall What do you think, think Lanny should take the potion and be young again? I promise I won't let her eat anything off the sweet treat cabin!

screenshot-11.jpg
  • Options
    DinoJrDinoJr Posts: 89 Member
    @AIRIS6962
    What a beautiful gift! I love the rustic charm... It reminds me of a cabin some friends of mine owned when I was young... What a perfect getaway from the hustle and bustle of city life! <3
  • Options
    Mystik1978 wrote: »
    @suzses Maybe you didn't get a kick out of Mama D's Sweet Gingerbread House but Lanny liked it so much it brought out her inner girl. She has been staring at that potion of youth more and more lately! @Mmdrgntobldrgn @ADWilson @ciane @SamelaRita @KaytayRoall What do you think, think Lanny should take the potion and be young again? I promise I won't let her eat anything off the sweet treat cabin!

screenshot-11.jpg

i vote yes even though you didn't ask me.
  • Options
    MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    Mystik1978 wrote: »
    So @suzses The Culpeppers have moved into their farm and Lanny was out exploring the town. As she walked by Lanny seen this house made of sugar and spice and she had to see more. So she walked up to the door and rang the bell! This sweet shack was a gift from Mamma D @Mmdrgntobldrgn from a previous gift exchange. Mama D had actually picked me as her buddy and I got some amazing gifts that exchange as well. So what better thing then bring my new gifts and my old gifts together!

screenshot-9.jpg?w=1100

Um, are you sure that was me? I think I've only been in one other exchange & I had SjappielovePaul as my giftee. It's a very cute build, but I'm not recalling it at all. B)o:)B)
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top