Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 aMAYzing Gift Exchange ~ DONE :)

Comments

• JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member

@Jessabeans don't stress it, the lot has so many fun little surprises tucked around.

I'm sure that SamelaRita will enjoy it as much as I am. If you pop over to the renovacy thread you'll find a link to my current story and how Magda ended up with your wonderful build. o:)

I'm so glad you are enjoying it, I am really enjoying reading the new stories. I'm on my phone now, and I don't want to be distracted too long with the little one running around outside. So I will wait until we get home tonight so I can read it at my desk. Looking forward to it!
  • SamelaRitaSamelaRita Posts: 1,007 Member
    Jessabeans wrote: »
    I'm sorry about that, it's a leftover from when I had a hedge with a gate there before I replaced it with the withered hedges from the Manor venue. Going over it with the hedge should remove it, I thought I had gotten both sides after changing it.

@Jessabeans don't stress it, the lot has so many fun little surprises tucked around.

I'm sure that SamelaRita will enjoy it as much as I am. If you pop over to the renovacy thread you'll find a link to my current story and how Magda ended up with your wonderful build. o:)
    So am I sure! I almost can't wait, but I'm having such fun with the ruined mill that I don't want to grab at anything else, but savour them all slowly. Looking forward to hearing how Magda is doing, MamaD :D

• cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited June 2019
    SamelaRita wrote: »
    I'm having such fun with the ruined mill that I don't want to grab at anything else, but savour them all slowly. :D

Exactly! So much offered, it's terribly hard to choose where to start and then to play out the story completely, as all the other stories waiting to be played call out for attention.

I've already decided I'm playing the village lot that @BreeMiles made for me next before I jump into another reno.

The quads will turn into young adults in my game tomorrow. So expect more chapters posted soon.

http://cianesims.home.blog/story/mcgowan/
    Post edited by ciane on
  • SamelaRitaSamelaRita Posts: 1,007 Member
    @ciane Caught up with your forge! That place has been transformed into a really lovely family home. So sad about Poochie though - :'(
  • JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    I added Anno to my wishlist on Good old games a while back when we were talking about it here, it's currently on sale for $1.50- $4 for each so I'm going to pick it up tonight. Thanks for the recommendation, I'm going to try it out later this week.
    Just in case you are curious, I started @BreeMiles' three-family Sand Oak Village story today and I finished the reno of @AlphaFen's quads forge. Find both stories here:

http://cianesims.home.blog/story
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    edited June 2019
    @Hidehi and all. I am still having so much fun with my island, and I'm still not quite believing you, Hidehi, actually managed to make an entire world! It's quite lovely and perfect for the type of play I wanted. Thank you again so much.

Lots is happening with Paige and Rene, and I'm going to put up some pictures, maybe tonight. The one thing I'm reluctant about is that when I play this way, everything is "rough" and not so pretty for pictures - but it's so much fun. They hit it off right from the start, and because it kept raining and raining, and there's limited things you can get them to do to stay in a pup tent or all-in-one . . . well, you know, there were three of them before they even had any kind of a roof. They have had a "house" for a while now. I laid out a small lot next to the jungle camp, closer to the waterfalls, and they built there as funds allowed. They own both lots and will always have the jungle camp to go back to - in fact, they still garden there (and fish, of course). I didn't allow anyone to leave their island (except to get to the dive lot) until they were able to afford a boat. It was a row boat for starters (I thought of it as them rebuilding the abandoned boat that was there), so it took forever to get to the larger island and especially back if they chose the wrong route. Silly sims. But, that was part of the fun of playing this way.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    Awesome @suzses! I can't wait to see your pics and maybe... story.
  • HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member

You've made my day dear @suzses!!! :D

You are an awesome storyteller by the way and like ciane I would love to see more pictures and continue to read about René and Paige's adventures! <3
    Thank you so much for letting me know that you are having fun with your island it makes me very happy indeed x
  • 60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures, @suzses.

I'm happy everyone is loving their gifts.
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures, @suzses.

Me too!
    I'm happy everyone is loving their gifts.

Me too!!
    edited June 2019
    A bit more than pictures, because you asked. ;) I don't really have a place to present a story format, so sorry, but everything is here in this post. Also, apologizing in advance that so much of this is in the dark or semi-dark.

Paige relaxes in the beauty of the sunset as she steers their sailboat toward the big island where her son, Storm, will be enrolling in homeschooling for the first time. It's been quite a while since she and Rene found themselves washed up on the shore of the small island they call home. Sometimes life's story doesn't flow in the direction one expects, but perhaps it's more interesting that way.

48020082227_39fb206e9d_z.jpg

48020091242_5949e066b5_z.jpg

You see here that Paige, who now has a proper bathroom with a nice shower and a mirror, sometimes wears her hair down. She also still favors her braids for some occasions - and even wears her original wardrobe at lot of the time. You also see that she has a family -a daughter and a son - and yes, Rene is their father.

I'm afraid I was much too busy in the early days helping them survive their island adventure to think about many pictures. You already saw in my earlier post most of what I took in the first couple "years" of their time on the island, but I will add a bit more.

How it all began . . .

It was a beautiful day to be on a cruise ship, and Paige was enjoying some deck time in the sun with a good book she had been eager to read. Rather, she *would* be enjoying it if the guy who plopped himself down beside her would stop talking for a few minutes. He had with him a large hiker's backpack and was checking his gear as he chatted. Yes, of course, the environment is important, and yes, she did agree nature is quite enthralling, but did he need to go on about it all day. And, just what all did he have in that huge pack that must weigh half a ton?

"Oh, look over there! Dolphins!" exclaimed the man. Now that was interesting, interesting enough to put down her book and join him at the railing to watch the streamlined bodies slicing in and out of the water in the glittering sunlight.

As the dolphins made a turn that took them around the other side of the ship, Paige leaned out over the railing to get a better look before they were gone from view. It's the last she really remembers, other than seeing an enormous wall of water coming toward her, until she found herself coughing and gasping for breath on a sandy beach.

And not far away was the same guy, who had somehow arrived at this very spot with, believe it or not, his precious backpack, its strap wrapped around his ankle. It was surprising he made it to shore that way. Actually, it was surprising any of this happened at all.

The next surprise was the small camp set up by a fishing pond they found not far from their landing spot. Was someone nearby who could help them? They decided to wait and dry themselves by a fire they built in the camp's fire pit.

Hours turned into days, days into weeks, weeks into months and no one appeared to rescue them. There was a larger island they could see in the distance, perhaps populated? It was too far too swim, however, and so they were forced to simply wait. During this period, much of their time was consumed with merely trying to survive, harvesting the small garden plot by the camp, fishing and searching for supplemental foods and materials they could use for fuel or to eventually build some shelter beyond that offered by the small pup tent they shared. They also began to try to rebuild a small abandoned boat that rested on the shoreline not far from camp. It had some holes, but they thought they could make it seaworthy enough to reach the other island.

The rest of the time . . . well, it was raining - a lot! - and so they would spend the time napping or huddled in the tent getting to know each other, sharing their life stories and ideas, hopes and dreams.

48020041738_b5cc48e074_z.jpg
    Did I mention it was raining A LOT? It was. Many days, Paige and Rene would go about their daily routines dripping wet, and when they finished their necessary chores, I would try to get them to spend some time in the tent to dry off. Sometimes they would nap, but they weren't always tired and would pop right back out into the rain on those occasions. What else can sims do in a tent? Read, but they had no books at this point, much to Paige's dismay. They were growing quite close, which was convenient considering they were the only two sims in their little world, so getting to know each other began to take other forms, and since I have this certain mod that introduces an element of risk (entirely appropriate in this situation, I thought), it wasn't long before a little one was on the way. (In my other games, the mod rarely, rarely results in a pregnancy. This time, the sim gods thought it would be fun to introduce a baby into a situation where there was absolutely no accommodation for such things.)

As fondness turned to love, Paige and Rene soon learned they had a baby on the way. This wasn't exactly convenient, but they'd find a way. They'd surmounted other obstacles and could make this work, too. So, while awaiting the baby's arrival, they managed to build a crib and fit it with bedding made from the sleeping bag from Rene's pack.* They also were able to provide a bit of a cover with a thatched roof over timber supports.
    * The conveniently provided jungle camp and Rene's backpack gave me the needed things to take this beyond a simple game of survival, which is what I wanted. I wanted them to grow and prosper - just not too terribly quickly.

48020132137_79bc9ba59e_z.jpg

This is where Kairi* spent her first year, while Paige and Rene worked to provide a bit more shelter for their family. They began to build a structure in a level, fairly clear area next to the camp. At first it was simply a small room with a flat roof that extended over an area outside the doorway. It provided little more than a place to take refuge during storms. The weather their second year had improved somewhat, with far more sunny days than rainy ones, and so life was becoming easier and more time was spent outdoors and not so much huddling in a tent or their small, rough shelter. This was good since Kairi had begun to get around as toddlers do.
    * Meanings and history of the name Kairi: This is a Japanese name, translated it can have several meanings all related to water: ocean, sea or ocean village.

The name is also French and means 'song' or 'melody'.

During this time, Paige and Rene began to realize they wanted a more permanent relationship, to make a lifetime commitment to each other and their small family. Rene called it "making it official." But, Paige thought and remarked, "but there are no officials here." They came to realize they could make their own rules here for the time being at least, and so they wrote some vows and had a private ceremony to celebrate the "official" joining of their lives.

48020253066_389878eded_z.jpg

So, I have a little more to share - pictures and not really story - but I think this is enough for the moment.

Post edited by suzses on
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    Lovely story and pictures @suzses :)
    Will try to be patient and wait for the rest to arrive.
    edited June 2019
    This is mostly about Sims 4 but ... there is a hyperlink to something @BreeMiles created during this event!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/960147/friday-highlight-june-7th-a-week-on-the-sims-forums/p1

Way to go, Bree!

ETA: Look below the screenshot of the sim in the red dress and you should see the blurb about celebrating 10 years of Sims 3.
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,909 Member
    I was over the top when I saw this @ADWilson, it really made my day! <3
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,909 Member
    I'm sorry for being MIA, I have been super busy since we finished here! I'm getting everything in order and lined out so I can play all the wonderful builds everyone made and my special gifts that @MsPrissy88 made me!
    Congrats @Breemiles ! It's so great your thread got a mention in the Friday Highlights. Well deserved.
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    Oh, I loved the story and the pics @suzses. I was just wishing that someone would write some more for me to read.

And then, the link to Bree's thread showed I only stopped by there and commented on the first gifts. Gifts were dropping in so fast, I had a hard time staying caught up on my page and this thread. I'm sorry I missed commenting on all the others there. It might help to know that I've just finished the weekend with the families at the Sand Oak Village, but it's late here now; so I won't get the next chapter out until tomorrow.

But look here for their start and check back later tomorrow for more: http://cianesims.home.blog/story/village/
  • HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member

Absolutely AWESOME story and pictures @suzses !!! ... more please!!! :D

Kairi is a beautiful name and very appropriate too for a baby girl born on a desert island :)<3 x

Congratulations @BreeMiles !!! :D

You very much deserve this mention in the highlights thread .... you have created so many amazing wonderful TS3 builds, sims and pets over all these years and continue to do so even though you are quite busy building fabulous things for TS4 too.

Thank you for making the worlds our sims live in a much more beautiful place!!! x <3 x
  • LMC6255LMC6255 Posts: 940 Member
    @Hidehi Hello there, I'm still working on RG so I haven't had a chance to try most of the gift from the exchange, :# hopefully I will finish.. ;) This is the longest any project has ever taken me! I guess, I have had a few RL stuff to.. I really adore everything you build, you are so talented! <3 Suzses writes really beautiful stories and she takes the best screenshots to! I have been watching videos in Bree's YouTube channel and her speeds builds are amazing you should check them out if you haven't already.. :) See you around and Happy Simming!! ;) Here is the link to Bree's YouTube channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGZvHYdt4pPE-BMk_p-rSGw
  • LMC6255LMC6255 Posts: 940 Member
    @suzses Wow! I really like your story! :)
  • Mystik1978Mystik1978 Posts: 1,613 Member
    edited June 2019
    EPIC Story @suzses can't wait to read/see more! Also big EPIC shout out to @BreeMiles on your well deserved mention!

For those wondering how things are going with the Culpepper's ... Wonder no more .....

So old age started to catch up to Lanny. She could feel herself slipping away. Her mind not only wondered sometimes it would disappear for hours at a time. Finally she decided she had so much more to teach Lena and Colin and she wasn't ready to part this world just yet. So with one last look at herself in the mirror she used the potion of youth on herself. Right away she started to feel tingling as lights surrounded her ....

screenshot-26.jpg?w=1100

screenshot-27.jpg?w=1100

Want to see more details as well as her make-over go here ....

https://mystikssimtasticsite.home.blog/2019/05/26/playing-with-the-culpeppers/
    Did you notice the turtle in the picture? Loved catching up on the story @Mystik1978! It's always great to see how everyone's story turns out. I'm glad you'll enjoy playing Lainey longer and have decided to let a love interest develop. <3
    @Mystik1978 @ciane Yes, that turtle is the first thing I saw! Inquiring minds want to know! Was that part of the effects from the potion? Did Lainey have a turtle tucked in her swimsuit? Was it the last vestiges of old age slipping away?

Thanks so much for sharing, Mystik. :) I see everyone spends all day in their swim suits, and I know exactly why. :D Lainey looks great in her younger makeover. I'll look forward to hearing anything more about them you'd like to share with us. :)
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Mystik1978Mystik1978 Posts: 1,613 Member
    @suzses @ciane The turtle popped out right after she changed to an adult. It made me giggle too and I was like ... I am not sure I want to know. lol Maybe the turtle is where she storied her power in her elder years? *shrugs* Glad you guys got a giggle out of it as well - It is funny the things we often notice in screenshots!

Yeah, the three like to play in the water while they are working in the garden and of course Lainey is going to need a tan to go with her new younger look. I haven't decided yet who I am going to try to set her up with but she definitely needs some lovin' in her life. BTW Lena and Colin are starting to make googly eyes at each and and he is always blushing and looking so shy when she is around. They have become good friends as they giggle about the silly things, especially when Lainey is tying to teach them something! They are like little kids passing notes behind the teachers back.

Right now my main focus is on skills and getting everything set up to thrive. Once I get them all leveled up and shop for some fun rewards (love the no bill one) then I will focus more on story-line! So keep an eye out ... you will see more soon!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend! Sim on my Friends .... Sim on!!!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top