Welcome to the Sims 3 Disney Magic Kingdom Community Collaboration!
Experience the magic of Disney as we invite you to collaborate in showcasing the talent within the Sims 3 community! Our launch on Oct 1/21 coincided with the official start of the Walt Disney World 50th Anniversary celebrations.
This project began several months ago when @SPARKY1922
expressed her hope to me @soocoolsim
of having a playable Disney world. This idea grew as the talented @Hidehi
worked with my input and the official Disney map to create the Magic Kingdom world base. I think you'll agree that Hidehi did an awesome job, and we're hoping for your feedback as lots are added to ensure that world routing, etc works as intended. With the addition of @sandraelle
to the planning team, this community collaboration to create the Magic Kingdom is now open for your participation!
Download the Magic Kingdom Empty Base World (created by Hidehi): https://thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9482008
So now onto the fine print! Here's a chance to express your creativity with choices from a wide range of building styles. The rules are pretty simple:CLAIMING GUIDELINES
BUILDING GUIDELINESMap areas:
- Take a look at the list of lots available using either the forum posts or online spreadsheet as reference.
- Indicate you're on board for the collab and sign up for your first claim by posting on this thread with your chosen lot and map reference #s.
- I will update the list with your claim (as well as the download / media links when completed).
- Every two weeks (approx the 1st and 15th of the month) a new sign-up period will begin.
- You may sign up for a new lot during each sign-up period - as long as you don't have more than two builds underway at a time.
The following posts list the world lots along with reference maps and a short description about each area. You can also view everything consolidated in the spreadsheet linked below. Thanks to Sandraelle for creating the reference maps.Optional!
View the on-line Sims 3 Magic Kingdom spreadsheet (Lots on tab 1. Maps on tab 2): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cqRP4cJ8gBpwAkDmSD5UQ36V2atAw5QCFsSyOK4wxPI/edit#gid=1788133881Community lots / Disney attractions:
The intent is to replicate the exterior of the actual attractions as best as you can. The interior design is more flexible as you see fit for the use of the lot and Sims 3 game play. Please do stay with the overall theme of the area for the decor and include any special lot designation requirements. You can Google pictures of your claimed lot and we've also included some inspiration links below which may be helpful.Residential builds:
Again, please stay with the general look and overall theme of the area including your chosen lot. You have creative freedom otherwise.
INSPIRATION LINKSWORLD TESTERS
- No third-party Custom Content allowed — please Custard Check your lots before uploading to double check. Helpful notes
- All Expansion Packs OK for use.
- All Stuff Packs OK for use.
- All purchasable Store Items OK for use.
- Free Store items can be used if they can still be downloaded.
- Post link(s) to your lot download / media when available. You can also include a cover shot.
If building is not quite up your alley and you much prefer playing or testing, you can also participate by downloading the world and lots at they become available. We would greatly appreciate feedback on any positive experiences or concerns you may experience as the world gets populated.
At this stage, we do not plan to provide a completed world. It is up to players to download and populate as desired when builds become available. Once the world is full / almost full we may provide a game save file, but first things first... to create the lots 😀
Feb 9/22 - New opportunity! This is mainly for those folks who love to decorate but find building daunting. See page 14
for available shells.Now it works!
Residential shell décor guidelines
- Post your claim on this thread (Map #, Ref #) and download the relevant shell.
- Decorate as you wish using the following guidelines.
- In the final lot description, we request you keep the credit to the shell creator.
- Upload your completed build and circle back here with the link(s) to your file and (optional) screenshots.
No budget limitations! All EPs, SPs, store items allowed. No 3rd party CC allowed.For the exterior...
You can change the colours of the siding, roofing and flooring and move/delete/add windows and doors. Create your own landscaping as you wish including adding/modifying driveways, gardens, etc.For the interior...
You have free rein to modify everything! Window, door or wall in the way of your fab design? No worries... just move or delete it. Want to switch a bedroom to a study? Go right ahead... the power is with you to change the layout as you see fit.STARTER HOMES
Several lots have been designated for building starter homes. Of course, other appropriate lots can be used to create a starter. Check with a planning team member if uncertain. See page 12
for the list of available claims as well as completed builds.