Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[Hint] University could definitely be the next expansion

TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
I just noticed that the current sims 4 expansions have been released in a slightly similar way of order just like in sims 3, well sort of. First, we have Get To Work which I supposed is a direct reference to Ambitions. Then, Get Together and City Living, have a very similar themed just like in Late Night, and then came Cats and Dogs, *clearing throat* from Pets. And the latest expansion, Seasons. Observe how each themes felt very similarly in the previous game eps and their order of release. Almost look identical, eh. And now that you get the idea.

I did not include the World Adventures cause as far as I can see, these themes have been broken down into game packs which is very apparent. Outdoor Retreat and Jungle Adventure (World Adventures), Parenthood GP (Generations), and Vampires (from Supernatural, meaning that we'l' probably gonna have supernatural themed game packs that are yet to come)

What's very surprising here is what comes after seasons is University! And then a tropical vacation|island themed expansion pack.

EDIT: if only that they keep following this "patterm". We could have University as the next expansion.

3hmVQN60s5Sv0liSbMbkRuHrfp4IeRAt7YKtXFaIm24.jpg?fit=crop&crop=faces%2Centropy&arh=2&w=960&s=1918c928018cd194f7986b248e56a71a

y'all got bread?
Post edited by TheIntrovertSimmer on

Comments

• Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    How soon it will be, that's the question... finger crossed! :)
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    zamira82 wrote: »

It's not the matter of when, it's the matter of if :smiley:
    y'all got bread?
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I've just noticed that the current sims 4 expansions have been released in a slightly similar way of order just like in sims 3, well sort of. First, we have Get To Work which I supposed is a direct reference to Ambitions. Then, Get Together and City Living, have a very similar themed just like in Late Night, and then comes Cats and Dogs, *clearing throat* from Pets. And the latest expansion, Seasons. Observe how each themes feels very similarly in the previous game eps and their order of release. Almost look identical, eh. And now that you get the idea.

I did not include the World Adventures cause as far as I can see, these themes have been broken down into game packs which is very apparent. Outdoor Retreat and Jungle Adventure (World Adventures), Parenthood GP (Generations), and Vampires (from Supernatural, meaning that we'l' probably gonna have supernatural themed game packs that are yet to come)

What's very surprising here is what comes after seasons is University! And then a tropical vacation|island themed expansion pack.

3hmVQN60s5Sv0liSbMbkRuHrfp4IeRAt7YKtXFaIm24.jpg?fit=crop&crop=faces%2Centropy&arh=2&w=960&s=1918c928018cd194f7986b248e56a71a

World Adventures was the first new pack for TS3. Outdoor Retreat was the first for TS4. Both similar as they are travel destinations.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    If it’s University, I hope they add interesting B/B and CAS stuff. (I’m not much of a University fan. I disliked going to college, lol.)
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    redstar0724redstar0724 Posts: 21 Member
    :) :D :)
    8RzUPRN.gif
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    COULD DEFINITELY

I think you mean could probably.

If it happens, I hope it will be done differently to how it has been done in the past.
    I don't like my sims being forced to live on campus to attend uni.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    edited August 2018
    zamira82 wrote: »

It's not the matter of when, it's the matter of if :smiley:

I think you've got that backwards. It'd not a matter of if (Uni has always been a very popular EP). It is, however, a matter of when.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Besides breaking up World Adventures, Generations and Supernatural into smaller packs and completely skipping Showtime it looks like they have been following that pattern.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I'm fine with them skipping Showtime. I hated that pack. I want Superstar from S1. And with three years to go, there's plenty of time to do it.
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    I prefer Showtime (with singers) as Game pack.
  • Options
    doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    Movotti wrote: »
    COULD DEFINITELY

Really living in halls and away from home is part of the experience for a lot of people. I don’t know how it is in the US but in the UK people that live out (unless they are local) are often looked down on unless there are other factors at play they are a myinoraty
  • Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    I don't expect University to be the next expansion simply because the last two were both remakes. I think the next EP will be something new as the team have hinted they have lots of ideas which haven't been done before.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited August 2018
    No hint but after Seasons EP, University EP and Vacation EP are very popular , a little more than Superstar EP and Makin' Magic EP.

University EP was also 3 times in the surveys (2014, 2015 and 2017).
    Some themes are submitted several times, I hope that means they will be done like City (×2) and Pets (×3) :

- University (×3)
    - Celebrity (×3)
    - Winter world (×3)
    - Summer vacation (×2)
    - Fashion (×2)
    - Love (×2)
    - Cars (×2)
    - Superhero (×2)
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited August 2018
    Like EP02 Get Together, they can also release something unexpected like EP7 FreeTime
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I'm fine with them skipping Showtime. I hated that pack. I want Superstar from S1. And with three years to go, there's plenty of time to do it.

I like both, although I prefer Superstar. I'd like it if you could hire an agent who could sign you up for jobs/gigs depending on your level of fame and skills, and most of those gigs are short term with a set number of days (e.g. a 4-day movie shoot from 9 AM to 3 PM, and a 1-day modeling photoshoot from 5 PM to 8 PM) so that you can take on as many jobs as you'd like as a celebrity. And maybe offer you the option to either go with your sim to work or send them alone like with GTW, where going with your sim could let you play minigames that affect how well they do like in Superstar. But if you have other family members you'd want to focus on, sending them alone is fine too.

Sorry for derailing the thread btw :grimace:
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    doogerie wrote: »
    Movotti wrote: »
    COULD DEFINITELY

Really living in halls and away from home is part of the experience for a lot of people. I don’t know how it is in the US but in the UK people that live out (unless they are local) are often looked down on unless there are other factors at play they are a myinoraty

I think you're missing what I'm saying here. I don't want my sims to be FORCED to live on campus. I'm not saying that it shouldn't be optional.

Btw, I have friends who have attended uni in the UK, and they have not lived on campus, they lived in flats. I've got a friend currently in the UK, attending uni, and living on her own, with her cat, in a flat.

Here in Australia, it's very rare for anyone to live on campus, the few dorms we do have are rarely even on campus, and are usually only for international students, or the occasional first year student from the country, after first year, they usually move into a share-house with friends. Most people attend their first year or two of uni from their family home. Why waste money on a dorm when you can sleep in your own bed, and eat from your parents fridge?
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    I've never cared much for University but it is the last of the big three that has yet to return for the series -- the other two being Seasons and Pets. I imagine we'll see such a pack emerge sometime in the next 12 months.
  • Options
    HaskorentaroHaskorentaro Posts: 250 Member
    Dunno about that logic since most of the packs where skipped.
    tumblr_n5aovvMXfM1rwvdy0o1_500.gif
  • Options
    KwirqueKwirque Posts: 17 Member
    This seems realistic loved showtime sad it was skipped :(
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Besides breaking up World Adventures, Generations and Supernatural into smaller packs and completely skipping Showtime it looks like they have been following that pattern.

Calling Parenthood akin to generations is a stretch. They're nothing a like. Generations is about expanding the different life stages. Parenthood is about raising children and affecting their lives as adults.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    People see hints wherever they want to I guess :D
  • Options

But this one in particular is kinda obvious I guess.
    y'all got bread?
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I wish
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options

But this one in particular is kinda obvious I guess.

Not really. Your theory kinda ignores the fact that they've skipped a BUNCH of packs on sims 3 timeline.
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    I never got University for TS3, so I’d be interested to get it for TS4. Especially as I am at University myself.