The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[Hint] University could definitely be the next expansion

Comments

• KatieSimKatieSim Posts: 71 Member
    @zamira82 I watched that trailer again after I read your comment! So many hints on things on later stuff that the sims has released- and I noticed laptops are in there <3
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    KatieSim wrote: »
    @zamira82 I watched that trailer again after I read your comment! So many hints on things on later stuff that the sims has released- and I noticed laptops are in there <3

Yeah! I'm glad that I'm not the only one... :)

OID:- x4m1r4
  • ApollosGJunkApollosGJunk Posts: 3 New Member
    I would not mind if universatiy was fhe next expantion. I just hope they have enough expantion time before the sims 4 is over. They have so much left in store for us and have left us all on the edge of our seats. What i’d love to have is universaty, obviously more supernatural beings (you cant just leave us with vampires) and an addtion to cars and being able to rebuild and refurbish, collect, and economical needs would be awesome.
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    If University is the next EP I wouldn't mind that at all, since after that, the road is open to all new ideas, as all the ''old'' or previous iteration-ideas as I like to call them, have been released by then.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Maybe that new hair was for a Uni professor.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I'm fine with them skipping Showtime. I hated that pack. I want Superstar from S1. And with three years to go, there's plenty of time to do it.

I liked all three of the options in Showtime -- Acrobat was my favorite because it was a good activity for my Athletic Sims -- but what I hated was locking content behind the plum Simport system (at least there was a mod to unlock everything) and that Sims lost all their hard earned abilities when they quit their profession (Singer, Acrobat, Magician). I would have liked my Magician still able to do magic tricks for his/her grandkids, for example. or the Acrobat use those items in his/her workouts.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    I'm fine with them skipping Showtime. I hated that pack. I want Superstar from S1. And with three years to go, there's plenty of time to do it.

I liked all three of the options in Showtime -- Acrobat was my favorite because it was a good activity for my Athletic Sims -- but what I hated was locking content behind the plum Simport system (at least there was a mod to unlock everything) and that Sims lost all their hard earned abilities when they quit their profession (Singer, Acrobat, Magician). I would have liked my Magician still able to do magic tricks for his/her grandkids, for example. or the Acrobat use those items in his/her workouts.

I too liked the three professions, but nothing else. If they bring back the acrobat, singer and magician, I'd be happy, if they put them in Superstar.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member

Nice idea!

Maybe its for a uni professor who is secretly a werewolf! In a werewolf band, and plays the drums!
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I think it could be any of them There's still room for More Supernatural type Packs, and Adventure/Vacation types packs as well as University.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
    Movotti wrote: »

Nice idea!

Maybe its for a uni professor who is secretly a werewolf! In a werewolf band, and plays the drums!

I like this idea, but, for me, it would need to be a jazz band where the drummer uses those brushes to play soft, quiet sounds (werewolves have sensitive ears, after all) and suddenly, someone comes in late and the band sees a full moon in the open doorway and they all rush out to prowl the night. :)
  • cmoscatiellocmoscatiello Posts: 4 New Member
    I have been thinking the same for a while. They released Seasons at the start of summer. So I think they'll release an 'Education' pack (rather than just university) since people are starting school soon lol marketing.

But I'm really excited! I hope we have more options and interactions with children/teen school lives as well as the obvious university life, too.
  • cmoscatiellocmoscatiello Posts: 4 New Member
    Also, it would be cool to give your kids pocket money and have seperate funds to them before they 'move out' essentially
  • theskull07theskull07 Posts: 36 Member
    Next and likely last. If you go by the franchises history we should be expecting Sims 5 late 2019-Summer 2020. If TS4 is really the foundation for the future of the franchise than the time table makes sense.
  • ElizabethMcElizabethMc Posts: 103 Member
    I didn't like University. It completely took over my game and was boring for me.
    51933350_10157123903496029_4290593889716273152_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_oc=AQm2LuB9LApTdQSKlxPj0cx6XqQg9IesqTg0FX_Cs5sogqyRjcisK6oNSbsY0N0_9lwt4vNOYOiUqMNjNLvZACdN&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=6ab7359b62d930c33633ffd719730e38&oe=5D5F18F9
    Check out my Random Sims Skills Generator and more.
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    If all they do for university is add a new world, a new venue, and uni courses, with some graduation robe CAS, they could still release it as just a game pack. I'm hoping they do it as a full EP, with several new venue types, and new objects, like a smaller microscope and telescope.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
    theskull07 wrote: »
    Next and likely last. If you go by the franchises history we should be expecting Sims 5 late 2019-Summer 2020. If TS4 is really the foundation for the future of the franchise than the time table makes sense.

Sims 4 is confirmed to continue at least until 2021.
  • KeriliasKerilias Posts: 14 New Member
    I wouldn't mind a university EP, but it would be more interesting for game play if they added more to it, like an actual teaching career, home schooling, or even the ability to build a private school for more direct game play. Call it an Academic EP.
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    zamira82 wrote: »
    Looking back at the Sims 4 official launch trailer/Gamescom 2013 trailer, it shows many hints of the upcoming packs.. Just from my observation.. I could be wrong.. :# ...EA must have worked on the rough timelines for each pack and working towards it...Just hoping that the awaited pack will come sooner..I like the Get Smart idea.. Perhaps, Get Smart and Weirder.. ;)

Things in that trailer have come to pass. Perhaps you are right and too hope they come sooner.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    leetamme wrote: »
    zamira82 wrote: »
    Looking back at the Sims 4 official launch trailer/Gamescom 2013 trailer, it shows many hints of the upcoming packs.. Just from my observation.. I could be wrong.. :# ...EA must have worked on the rough timelines for each pack and working towards it...Just hoping that the awaited pack will come sooner..I like the Get Smart idea.. Perhaps, Get Smart and Weirder.. ;)

Things in that trailer have come to pass. Perhaps you are right and too hope they come sooner.

It's about time...Hoping it will give us the expected and unexpected features too! Like the Seasons with a calendar.. :)

OID:- x4m1r4
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,465 Member
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    I prefer Showtime (with singers) as Game pack.

Me, too.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited September 2018
    If you get University I doubt that it would be as grand as this:
    (Awesome pictures!)
    Awesome pictures! ^_^

But I'm of two minds about this:

On the one hand, I really doubt Sims 4 can touch a lot of the awesome from Sims 3 and Sims 2. I think Sims 3 and Sims 2 are still so much better in the content department (especially within the four years).

On the other hand, we have some good stuff like awesome toddlers and vampires.

So... Let’s see how some parts of University is going to be like.

Post edited by LatinaBunny on
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    I prefer Showtime (with singers) as Game pack.

Me, too.
    Thank you! *laughing*
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    @king_of_simcity7 I just saw your pictures of TS3 University Life, yeah, I agree with you about what you said, I doubt TS4's school pack could live up to that. Not just the world, but all the things that pack had. It was one reason I started playing TS3 again when it was released, with all the activities and objects to use it and ways to use them for other parts of the game etc., it was one of the best EPs of TS3 imho. I actually liked it better than TS2's Uni and that is saying a whole lot. :D
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Lauri_AntonLauri_Anton Posts: 48 Member
    I really wish we would get a more broader education pack than just university... also I don’t want them to implement features like sorrorities/fraternities because they don’t really even exist outside the US...

I want school lots and a more universal, Sims-style higher education experience (not just a copy of stereotypical American university).
    One of the reasons S3 Uni was so popular is because players from around the world wanted a stereotypical American experience. Why take that away from them?