Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    Rockannie wrote: »
    Got into a really big building mood today... but apparently can't find out how to post the photo so I just put a link XD
    And I ended up finishing the a house for the Stars to move into :) (Their current house is becoming reaaaaaally cramped with how many sims and animals live there)
    https://imgur.com/QuOlIZ7

You can right click the image in the imgur post and select "Copy image address". Then you should be able to put it in an IMG tag on here.

QuOlIZ7.png

Oh wow! It's so pretty!
  • Options
    ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    someone help me figure out how to share video. T.T My .avi files won't upload in my vegas pro and i've tried everything. I wanted to put a compelation thingy of the bachelor videos i recorded stupidly with the in game recorder...
  • Options
    Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    @simscognito I like tea too but I'm a coffee drinker first. :)

coffee forever. :)

I have to agree with cog on Tea. :lol: Not because we're both from England either (cog was born here but lives in NZ) :lol:

no one ever threw coffee in the harbor. :):)

You can't buy overpriced tea! :p

i was just curious what you would say. but i am right only tea got wet which when you think about is ironic wet tea makes tea. but thats one of my favorite history stories.

I have no clue what you were talking about, I just rolled with it. Anyone remember when I was trying to figure out the most british thing I could say? I figured it out just now. :lol:

the boston tea party. look it up

now i sound like cathtea.

I googled it after I wrote that. :)

your in england how have you never heard of it? not being mean just curious.

Not something they teach us in school (well in my case, can't speak for the majority). I had a tiny idea that it happened but no idea why.

i learned it in american history. which is ironic its technically english history.

History of wars is often written by those who won and ignored by those who lost.

I know this is days late but it gave me a giggle.

i don't remember how it came up but we were talking about the boston tea party.

@AdamsEve1231 said she needed more coffee, cog said he needed more tea, I said I agreed with cog, you argued with that tea was for 'old ladies', I disagreed and you brought up that point. :lol:

oh yeah i said if tea was good the colonists wouldn't have thrown it in the harbor. kidding of course.

I've been trying to convince Jes to do that Pruett Audio book for you. :lol:

You mind your business lol
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Shadami wrote: »
    someone help me figure out how to share video. T.T My .avi files won't upload in my vegas pro and i've tried everything. I wanted to put a compelation thingy of the bachelor videos i recorded stupidly with the in game recorder...
    I have no idea how to help with that. I use a different editing software so no idea. :( I would help if I could. :)
  • Options
    Oh I forgot to mention @Jes2G I haven't read your sims lit stuff yet. But while I'm writing my own stuff right now i've been watching your random challenge let's plays.... I love random. I hadn't heard of this challenge before. And it looks like so much fun!

Oh cool! I should really get around to finishing that challenge lol. I love doing videos but am very slow to edit. Glad you're enjoying that series.
    forum_final.png

• Options
    Jes2G wrote: »

I have to agree with cog on Tea. :lol: Not because we're both from England either (cog was born here but lives in NZ) :lol:

i was just curious what you would say. but i am right only tea got wet which when you think about is ironic wet tea makes tea. but thats one of my favorite history stories.

I have no clue what you were talking about, I just rolled with it. Anyone remember when I was trying to figure out the most british thing I could say? I figured it out just now. :lol:

Not something they teach us in school (well in my case, can't speak for the majority). I had a tiny idea that it happened but no idea why.

i learned it in american history. which is ironic its technically english history.

History of wars is often written by those who won and ignored by those who lost.

@AdamsEve1231 said she needed more coffee, cog said he needed more tea, I said I agreed with cog, you argued with that tea was for 'old ladies', I disagreed and you brought up that point. :lol:

oh yeah i said if tea was good the colonists wouldn't have thrown it in the harbor. kidding of course.

I've been trying to convince Jes to do that Pruett Audio book for you. :lol:

You mind your business lol

Nope. :p
  • Options
    BlackUndecimberBlackUndecimber Posts: 1,116 Member
    Happy timezones everyone!
    @Shadami Aw sorry to hear that... I don't know anything about Vegas pro, but I've always had trouble opening screenshots I took within Sims with my paint tool Sai. Maybe it's just that folder that has exporting problems. Hope you figure it out.
  • Options
    LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member

So you want to combine the different videos together or just share them separately?
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • Options
    @LegacySims2017 either way at this point. i'm so frustrated. I've somehow now broken it so that I can't even few the videos. just hear the sound and its just a black screen.
    i clearly broke some codec thing and i don't know what i broke.

at least my .mov's are still working >.>

Basically I forgot to take screenshots when I was doing my bachelor challenge, and instead recorded a bunch of videos during challenges so i could see photo finishes in replay if i needed to determine winners.

@chalicen @Bugsie2016 thanks. xD I sometimes completely flub things when my husband isn't home. He's my techie. even though once i get the tech working i can do awesome things... getting to the point where its working.... ehhh.... yeah. different story.
    I was kind of hoping to put them into my video editor and add some music to it . and now. i've just. derped.
  • Options
    BBQPenguinWingsBBQPenguinWings Posts: 3,773 Member
    edited February 2018

and this line got brought up "Look, when Britain taxed our tea, we got frisky
    Imagine what gon’ happen when you try to tax our whisky"

:) and we have successfully brought it back to Hammy again lol woot! And now I'll leave lol
  • Options

and this line got brought up "Look, when Britain taxed our tea, we got frisky
    Imagine what gon’ happen when you try to tax our whisky"

:) and we have successfully brought it back to Hammy again lol woot! And now I'll leave lol

Ha ha! *applause*
    forum_final.png

• Options
    LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    @LegacySims2017 either way at this point. i'm so frustrated. I've somehow now broken it so that I can't even few the videos. just hear the sound and its just a black screen.
    i clearly broke some codec thing and i don't know what i broke.

at least my .mov's are still working >.>

Basically I forgot to take screenshots when I was doing my bachelor challenge, and instead recorded a bunch of videos during challenges so i could see photo finishes in replay if i needed to determine winners.

Ouch. Sorry to hear that. Not sure what to do if you can still play it, but just get "nothingness" when viewing. I use Movie Maker (came free with my computer), so not sure how Vegas Pro works. Maybe try another software just to see if it is salvageable? Do you have a YouTube account? See if one uploads and the video shows along with the sound?!
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    Lol Namio (Lilo's sister) has to be a very strict to her young son who either as a toddler and as a child keeps making messes in the hall between her's and others' apartments.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    I've never uploaded a youtube video. I'm still in the learning process for that which is why i got vegas pro >.>

and i can no longer view it in windows media player or movie maker. i broke something and had to get VLC media player. I need to stop touching tech... I'm gonna wait until my husband gets back from work. He works for microsoft indirectly. he should be able to sort out everything i broke... in several hours. I'm going to go make dinner now T.T
    on the upside i wrote another part to the bachelor though i still can't include the videos I borked yet. xD
    Episode 1.5 here
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    edited February 2018
    Karilan wrote: »
    i realy should catch up my reading. but for the next2 weeks i'm the featured writer in ww. i think. and as bad as my not reading if i'm the only one here still in generation1.

see why writings more important.

@friendsfan367 it doesn't matter if you're in Gen 1 or Gen 10 in our circle. I completely started over KCLKF so don't feel bad. And in your case, it'll make it easier for me to catch up and then discuss our love of Benders more. :)

3 words. i promised ayden.

And Ayden always gets what he wants. :D

actually its true. i was all set to start a new storyeven made a new couple.. then ayden got in my head and said hey what about me?

cathtea thinks hes got me wrapped around his little finger.

Cathytea might be right. :D

hey aren't you supposed to be on myside.

I'm still waiting for you to notice.... :joy:

bad bugsie your banned for 3 weeks!

no new avis!

ssee cog i was nice because shes sick then she begged me to yell at her. lol

is that better bugsie :p:p:p

Nah, I was liking it when you weren't telling at me. I just wanted to know if you noticed or not... :joy:

you told me too. lol.

I was seriously wondering if you noticed or not. :lol:

Sneaky girl!

Also noticed you took Brindleton Bay out of your signature, is that one on hold or completed?

she grounded for 3 weeks.

I thought we were going to be nice to Bugsie?

Agreed. Be nice to all. :)

And don't make me sing the song again...

*goes in corner; hums to self*

@simscognito and @friendsfan367 may get the reference... and a few others as well...
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options

@Bugsie2016 That was the best summary ever! :D

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    I saw your history tidbit, @MadameLee. I find that interesting. I didn't know that Queen Victoria's uncle didn't want her to be queen. I always find royal stories to be interesting, as I've been on a Crown kick with my mother-in-law recently.

@Shadami I hope your husband and brother in law feel better soon.

@Bugsie2016 feel much much better soon too! :)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options

@Bugsie2016 That was the best summary ever! :D

Thanks! :)
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    i realy should catch up my reading. but for the next2 weeks i'm the featured writer in ww. i think. and as bad as my not reading if i'm the only one here still in generation1.

see why writings more important.

@friendsfan367 it doesn't matter if you're in Gen 1 or Gen 10 in our circle. I completely started over KCLKF so don't feel bad. And in your case, it'll make it easier for me to catch up and then discuss our love of Benders more. :)

3 words. i promised ayden.

@friendsfan367 Well, then, you better deliver. :p

And Ayden always gets what he wants. :D

@simscognito Oh yes, he does... this is why we have multiple iterations of the same story, right, friendsfan? Because Ayden must have his say... irregardless.

yeah hes one spoiled 5 year old. in a few weeks hes getting a jungle pack but hes to young to explore the jungle. i said i would buy it for him i never said he would go. :)

@friendsfan367 Ha! Poor Ayden! I almost want Ayden in some generation of my Simself story, just because he's so much... well, everything... I was going to say fun... but then I thought about it, and he's such an intriguing character.

ayden fell in love atomusly last time.then he refused to go home.

@friendsfan367 And this is why we love him...
    ...and autonomy... because it's crazy fun to watch the things Sims do.
    Post edited by AdamsEve1231 on

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Has anyone ever gone back through screenshots from previous chapters and gone. "There was another side of the story there all along and I had no idea!" And than really really wanted to write it?

Let me make that more sim crush sunday...
    Where your sim ends up with something in the end and you see that they were their from the beginning and it was meant to be and you had no idea without the retrospect of looking back?

@Shadami Absolutely. But to say something now about any of these characters would be giving spoilers for Livin' A Simmin' Life, From Riverview With Love, and Kass's endless story series.

In terms of generalities (not merely romantic connections), I see this happening fairly often in my Sims stories, mostly because the game takes over and decides - "this is what I want" - and I, as the writer, say - "well, why didn't you tell me?" to which the characters reply - "I tried, but you weren't paying attention."

Honestly this Simself story I'm working on now is teaching me to be way more observant and recognize that whims/wishes aren't silly little things, but actual manifestations of characters' needs, desires, and wants, and ultimately, personalities. It's a delightful discovery when I realize the Sims know what they're doing, and me? I'm just along for the ride. :D

I will also say this, sometimes my readers call it before I see it too (if I'm posting before I'm caught up in game and story) and that's always fun. I love hearing readers' thoughts, observations, and insights.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    adamandeve just so you know i tried to be nice to bugsie yesterday. after work i came here and she had chaged avis again. i ignored it . but she didn't she brought it up to me.

and then i did the usual. and i have a witness cog was there and witnessed everything.
  • Options
    adamandeve just so you know i tried to be nice to bugsie yesterday. after work i came here and she had chaged avis again. i ignored it . but she didn't she brought it up to me.

and then i did the usual. and i have a witness cog was there and witnessed everything.

Only because it's unusual for you not to complain. I'm used to you complaining every time I do... :lol:
  • Options
    oh kar nominated me for the sunshine blogger award.

this amused me for 2 reasons i usually say bad kar at least once a week.

and 2 compared to other stories mine isn't that good.

@friendfan367 You're about to get nominated again... because I just finished my post. :)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

Only because it's unusual for you not to complain. I'm used to you complaining every time I do... :lol:

you actually get 5 days to change it. all i said was no weekends. since i work i come back confused enough.

see you've been complaining about the 2 days i won't let you but i give you 5 so you got the better part of the deal.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top