Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    Shadami wrote: »
    Has anyone ever gone back through screenshots from previous chapters and gone. "There was another side of the story there all along and I had no idea!" And than really really wanted to write it?

Let me make that more sim crush sunday...
    Where your sim ends up with something in the end and you see that they were their from the beginning and it was meant to be and you had no idea without the retrospect of looking back?

Aww when did this happen? Is this between
    Paolo and Antwan? Because they were so meant to be.

I actually experienced this recently between two sims who I shall not mention, but one of my readers had called them out recently. :D I was reading through previous chapters, to get a better sense of where the story's heading and to make sure I'm on the right track, and I noticed some strong chemistry between two sims that I had not noticed before. It was really funny, because I would never have guessed, even though a certain reader had guessed already. :D
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Has anyone ever gone back through screenshots from previous chapters and gone. "There was another side of the story there all along and I had no idea!" And than really really wanted to write it?

Where your sim ends up with something in the end and you see that they were their from the beginning and it was meant to be and you had no idea without the retrospect of looking back?

i did something in generation 2 just to see what would happen. more than i expected. you always ask theese questions before i can actually answer them. because it doesn't hapened yet thats generation2
  • Options
    chalicen wrote: »
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    i realy should catch up my reading. but for the next2 weeks i'm the featured writer in ww. i think. and as bad as my not reading if i'm the only one here still in generation1.

see why writings more important.

@friendsfan367 it doesn't matter if you're in Gen 1 or Gen 10 in our circle. I completely started over KCLKF so don't feel bad. And in your case, it'll make it easier for me to catch up and then discuss our love of Benders more. :)

3 words. i promised ayden.

And Ayden always gets what he wants. :D

actually its true. i was all set to start a new storyeven made a new couple.. then ayden got in my head and said hey what about me?

cathtea thinks hes got me wrapped around his little finger.

Cathytea might be right. :D

hey aren't you supposed to be on myside.

I'm still waiting for you to notice.... :joy:

bad bugsie your banned for 3 weeks!

no new avis!

ssee cog i was nice because shes sick then she begged me to yell at her. lol

is that better bugsie :p:p:p

Nah, I was liking it when you weren't telling at me. I just wanted to know if you noticed or not... :joy:

you told me too. lol.

I was seriously wondering if you noticed or not. :lol:

*Cog cackles quietly in the wings*

if i was mean why did you laugh?

He's evil

Me? Evil? I'm nice and kind and good. o:)
  • Options
    ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    So something fun coming up in generation 2. That sounds fun! :D@friendsfan367

Yes @simscognito it is between those two. xD and it got me curious if anyone else has done what i was randomly poking around doing today. To be honest.. I was just making collages of the various screenshots so i could decrease how many I had on my computer and still keep the gorgeous photos for the most part.. but in a less space taking way?
  • Options
    LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    #BUILDNEWCREST CHALLENGE: SIMSELF LEGACY EDITION

- Day 72

Jubilee goes back to work.

02-18-18_4-24-59-PM.png?w=800
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • Options
    edited February 2018

Yes @simscognito it is between those two. xD and it got me curious if anyone else has done what i was randomly poking around doing today. To be honest.. I was just making collages of the various screenshots so i could decrease how many I had on my computer and still keep the gorgeous photos for the most part.. but in a less space taking way?

@Shadami hehe, well I may not have been doing exactly what you were doing, but yeah, I did make the same discovery when reading my published chapters.
    Cool! screenshot collages! Not done those before! Are they fun to make?
  • Options

@Shadami hehe, well I may not have been doing exactly what you were doing, but yeah, I did make the same discovery when reading my published chapters.

they're pretty simple. I've been just ctrl c ctrl v ctrl t enter k (copy paste transform move) So it's going pretty easy. an ocassional marquee tool which i know is shortcut m. but i just click that one. xD

I've got a few made that are making me think of that one song.. god what's it called "broken road to you" or however it goes. I think its country. it's just .. so... *sniffs* perfect.
    I had no idea. I'm looking at the early pictures of when Candy moved in as well. there are maybe two shots where she's actually looking at Antwan. She was never in love with him, she was in love with the ring he gave her. And just.. I'm gonna cry. the behind the scenes story that was there the entire time and I had no idea is so sweet and so sad. and ... Wah T.T
  • Options
    RockannieRockannie Posts: 219 Member
    Ugh I desperately need some motivation to write :|
  • Options

they're pretty simple. I've been just ctrl c ctrl v ctrl t enter k (copy paste transform move) So it's going pretty easy. an ocassional marquee tool which i know is shortcut m. but i just click that one. xD

I've got a few made that are making me think of that one song.. god what's it called "broken road to you" or however it goes. I think its country. it's just .. so... *sniffs* perfect.
    I had no idea. I'm looking at the early pictures of when Candy moved in as well. there are maybe two shots where she's actually looking at Antwan. She was never in love with him, she was in love with the ring he gave her. And just.. I'm gonna cry. the behind the scenes story that was there the entire time and I had no idea is so sweet and so sad. and ... Wah T.T

Ahh sweet. That does sound like fun. I might have to try that at some point. XD
    Oh yeah, I actually I did get the impression that Candy was more interested in the ring and the status than Antwan. It is sad, mind you, because Antwan was so fond of her. :(
  • Options
    Rockannie wrote: »

Your story's awesome @Rockannie. I love your writing style. It's so fresh and easy to read. :blush:
  • Options
    He really was. He was in love with her. And she apparently never was, she was in love with herself. And now she's free to be herself again. Man it's sad looking at these realizations, but also super sweet because of Paolo being there from the beginning.

I'm working on that and a patreon thing. I have to edit it up now that I'm affiliated on twitch. xD
  • Options
    LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    Soo, guys, i do still want to write the Vampires story, buut i don't know if it will actually have the vampires or not.
    We went out to Clarksville today and i wasn't able to find the Vampires pack. Seriously, no stores i've been to sell game or stuff packs. Just expansions. Anyways, i found another game i wanted but it was too expensive. My dad said he would look online to see if it's cheaper, but i don't know if i should ask about also looking for Vampires online too since they never have it in stores. I really don't wanna accidentally ask for too much...soo i dunno what to do.
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    @LyricSimsz15 I would recommonded asking you're Dad to look at a site called Instant Gaming
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    @CathyTea @simscognito @TheYayToast Well now I finally know WHY Queen Victoria was named after her mother..in the first place, her uncle, the future George IV of England,refused to let her have any English Royal names because for some reason he never wanted her to be Queen. So at some point he said "Just name her after her mother!"
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member

@Shadami
    When I was reading about Paolo and Antwan, I was thinking about this! They were so meant to be, and I felt so happy when Paolo finally got what he always wanted! And the family is so happy, too! :)

I play "true-love" style, by which I mean that any romances must happen autonomously or by whim. And it often seems that the game is a wicked-good matchmaker, creating just exactly the Sim who will be perfect for my Sim who's looking for love! :)
    Have you gotten yet to the chapter called Chandler the Cheerful in Goofy Love? It is exactly about that!

Something similar also happens in Lighthouse!

It happens a lot, actually. I've sometimes thought it would be fun to play the whole story out first, so that I could write it so that from the beginning moments like this would be clear, but it's fun to write it as it happens, too! :)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member

I do this a lot in retrospective chapters... not collage, but picking back through to show scenes from various times. It's so fun! :)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    CathyTea wrote: »

I do this a lot in retrospective chapters... not collage, but picking back through to show scenes from various times. It's so fun! :)

i do alot of backstory chapters thanks to someone who shall remain nameless. :)
  • Options
    CathyTea wrote: »

@Shadami
    When I was reading about Paolo and Antwan, I was thinking about this! They were so meant to be, and I felt so happy when Paolo finally got what he always wanted! And the family is so happy, too! :)

I play "true-love" style, by which I mean that any romances must happen autonomously or by whim. And it often seems that the game is a wicked-good matchmaker, creating just exactly the Sim who will be perfect for my Sim who's looking for love! :)
    Have you gotten yet to the chapter called Chandler the Cheerful in Goofy Love? It is exactly about that!

Something similar also happens in Lighthouse!

It happens a lot, actually. I've sometimes thought it would be fun to play the whole story out first, so that I could write it so that from the beginning moments like this would be clear, but it's fun to write it as it happens, too! :)

ayden fell in love atomusly last time.then he refused to go home.
  • Options
    i'm excited off tomorrow only one hour of adulting tues wed and thursday off. thhats a lot of writing time now i just have to write.
  • Options
    dinner then try and get lauren to cooperate. she decided cleaningthe hospital was more important than seeing patients.
  • Options
    RockannieRockannie Posts: 219 Member
    Rockannie wrote: »

Your story's awesome @Rockannie. I love your writing style. It's so fresh and easy to read. :blush:

Awww thank you for the kind words Cog! Hopefully I'll finish up chapter 4 soon...it's gonna be a long one XD
  • Options

- Day 73

Clare ( @Cbear13 ) has some not so nice words with her daughter, Juju. And we celebrate the aging up from young adult to adult of Karlo ( @pronterus ).

02-18-18_8-00-09-PM.png?w=800
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options

- Day 73

Clare ( @Cbear13 ) has some not so nice words with her daughter, Juju. And we celebrate the aging up from young adult to adult of Karlo ( @pronterus ).

02-18-18_8-00-09-PM.png?w=800

But I've not finished reading your other chapter. I better hurry up, then! :D
  • Options
    Did anyone see my interesting history tidbit?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    But I've not finished reading your other chapter. I better hurry up, then! :D

Yes, you better. The two tie in together.

Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top