Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Shadami wrote: »
    Has anyone ever gone back through screenshots from previous chapters and gone. "There was another side of the story there all along and I had no idea!" And than really really wanted to write it?

Let me make that more sim crush sunday...
    Where your sim ends up with something in the end and you see that they were their from the beginning and it was meant to be and you had no idea without the retrospect of looking back?

Erm, I can't say that's happened.

I have another question: Have you ever thought up a plot point and then realised it fits in perfectly with your story?

I had this happen recently when I thought up a plot twist for WAWRMO Season 2. I'm excited to reveal as it works amazingly!! :lol: I can't say much more right now...
  • Options
    superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    We Belong to the Song is back! Hurrah!

As a reminder, since I recreated the characters, it's possible they don't look exactly the same... however, they look similar enough that hopefully it doesn't matter.

I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • Options
    superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Has anyone ever gone back through screenshots from previous chapters and gone. "There was another side of the story there all along and I had no idea!" And than really really wanted to write it?

Where your sim ends up with something in the end and you see that they were their from the beginning and it was meant to be and you had no idea without the retrospect of looking back?

Kind of...

In my legacy challenge, in a chapter we haven't gotten to yet, I introduce a character who didn't have much of a purpose beyond being a friend of a side character.

The side character and the friend proceeded to fall in love and get married. I really only realized it was meant to be when going back over some previous screenshots... but again, it doesn't impact the story too much, and I'm not sure if their romantic plot will make it back into the story, as I've yet to recreate either of those two sims.
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    We Belong to the Song is back! Hurrah!

As a reminder, since I recreated the characters, it's possible they don't look exactly the same... however, they look similar enough that hopefully it doesn't matter.

YUSSSS!!!!! I've missed this!!!!
  • Options
    ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member

@Shadami Absolutely. But to say something now about any of these characters would be giving spoilers for Livin' A Simmin' Life, From Riverview With Love, and Kass's endless story series.

In terms of generalities (not merely romantic connections), I see this happening fairly often in my Sims stories, mostly because the game takes over and decides - "this is what I want" - and I, as the writer, say - "well, why didn't you tell me?" to which the characters reply - "I tried, but you weren't paying attention."

Honestly this Simself story I'm working on now is teaching me to be way more observant and recognize that whims/wishes aren't silly little things, but actual manifestations of characters' needs, desires, and wants, and ultimately, personalities. It's a delightful discovery when I realize the Sims know what they're doing, and me? I'm just along for the ride. :D

I will also say this, sometimes my readers call it before I see it too (if I'm posting before I'm caught up in game and story) and that's always fun. I love hearing readers' thoughts, observations, and insights.

@AdamsEve1231 Oh i love this response! It's so very true. I've learned I need to also watch background characters much closer, because I didn't know how much it reveals about the sims personalities.
  • Options
    edited February 2018

Kind of...

In my legacy challenge, in a chapter we haven't gotten to yet, I introduce a character who didn't have much of a purpose beyond being a friend of a side character.

The side character and the friend proceeded to fall in love and get married. I really only realized it was meant to be when going back over some previous screenshots... but again, it doesn't impact the story too much, and I'm not sure if their romantic plot will make it back into the story, as I've yet to recreate either of those two sims.

@superkyle221 That is so super sweet! It's amazing what the game tells us that we didn't know about!
    I am constantly being surprised when i learn new things!
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »

I have another question: Have you ever thought up a plot point and then realised it fits in perfectly with your story?

I had this happen recently when I thought up a plot twist for WAWRMO Season 2. I'm excited to reveal as it works amazingly!! :lol: I can't say much more right now...

@Bugsie2016 Oh goodies! I can't wait to see it!
    For me personally, hmmm not sure I've done something like that quite yet. Though....
    The divorce of Candy and marriage to Paolo was though of when Antwan wanted to flirt with him and eventually it just worked itself in.
    So I guess that kind of fits your question? xD
  • Options

Kind of...

@superkyle221 That is so super sweet! It's amazing what the game tells us that we didn't know about!
    I am constantly being surprised when i learn new things!

@Bugsie2016 Oh goodies! I can't wait to see it!
    For me personally, hmmm not sure I've done something like that quite yet. Though....
    The divorce of Candy and marriage to Paolo was though of when Antwan wanted to flirt with him and eventually it just worked itself in.
    So I guess that kind of fits your question? xD

You will not be expecting it!!! :smirk:;)
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    edited February 2018
    @AdamsEve1231 I learned that last night because PBS was having some kind of program on..and I happened to have Dad do my hair just as they were talking about how the Regnant (future George IV)'s heir died in childbirth hence his brothers ( future William IV) and Victoria's dad had to be in a competition to marry and produce an heir. It's fitting that my b-day just happens to be on the date, that in 1837 18-year-old Victoria was woken up to be told, she was now Queen of England. Apperently the name Victoria is her MIDDLE name..not her first name
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    I started something...WAWRMO Townie Watch
  • Options
    RockannieRockannie Posts: 219 Member
    Rockannie wrote: »
    Got into a really big building mood today... but apparently can't find out how to post the photo so I just put a link XD
    And I ended up finishing the a house for the Stars to move into :) (Their current house is becoming reaaaaaally cramped with how many sims and animals live there)
    https://imgur.com/QuOlIZ7

You can right click the image in the imgur post and select "Copy image address". Then you should be able to put it in an IMG tag on here.

QuOlIZ7.png

Oh wow! It's so pretty!

Thank you!! I haven't finished landscaping or anything because I had to go to class >.< But hopefully I'm still in the mood to finish it later...
  • Options
    Just discovered Bowling will have yet ANOTHER treat-night (March the 26th)...which means I DON'T HAVE TO EAT SUPPER that night.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    edited February 2018
    Has anyone taken the - What Kind of Adventurer Are You? - quiz based on the upcoming expansion pack? I'm curious what others got. I'm apparently one of the locals...
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Has anyone taken the - What Kind of Adventurer Are You? - quiz based on the upcoming expansion pack? I'm curious what others got. I'm apparently one of the locals...

I forgot what I got after I finally got to see the trailer

this time I'm a I am an Academic.

You just love yourself some Sim history and pre-history! There's so much material culture out there just waiting to be analyzed, and you have to be the one to do it. Who knows? Maybe you'll be the next Howard Carter.

@simscognito @CathyTea @friendsfan367 @TheYayToast Anyone know who Howard Carter is?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options

I took it twice. First time i was a treasure hunter, second time I was an academic.
  • Options
    IchigoUsagiIchigoUsagi Posts: 822 Member

When I took it I got 'one with the locals' as well. :D Guess I'm not really the adventurous sort!
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    @CathyTea unforuntely, my first Shadowman's family attempted fail so I have no evil-looking daughters in Dr. F's and Jenny's house anymore. But I do have another red-headed canidate for the Charming family
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    New chapter and we finally meet baby Haynes(-Corleonesi) after all the drama...
    Chapter 38
    OSUnmuvl.png
  • Options
    IchigoUsagiIchigoUsagi Posts: 822 Member

I was just about to say that hasn't happened to me, but I just remembered that it kind of has! I have a couple of characters who I intended to just be friends initially, but then decided it made sense for there to be something more to their relationship. Although I decided on that before one of them was even introduced, so I guess you could say the plot point fit perfectly with my plans for my story. :)
  • Options
    RockannieRockannie Posts: 219 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »

You just love yourself some Sim history and pre-history! There's so much material culture out there just waiting to be analyzed, and you have to be the one to do it. Who knows? Maybe you'll be the next Howard Carter.

@simscognito @CathyTea @friendsfan367 @TheYayToast Anyone know who Howard Carter is?

I GOT DEAD OMG XD. Bad news for the simmies >:)
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    Rockannie wrote: »
    MadameLee wrote: »

I GOT DEAD OMG XD. Bad news for the simmies >:)

I took it again and got dead too, @Rockannie. Far cry from my first go around as one of the locals. From cautious optimism to overconfident wild craziness.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    edited February 2018
    since i can't cook tomorrow because i only have a hour instead of 2 i"m going to see if i can get to target and get one more card. i need milk anyway.

i need one more because of those three words i typed earlier.

• Options
    KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    Hello all! How was everyone's Monday?
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options
    Karilan wrote: »

Good. Currently trying to set 'Sims' (you know him as cog) up with Giotto from WAWRMO. Going very unsuccessful right now. Darn 'Sims'!
  • Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member

Good. Currently trying to set 'Sims' (you know him as cog) up with Giotto from WAWRMO. Going very unsuccessful right now. Darn 'Sims'!

I know. I'm very disappointed in myself. :( *Heavy sigh*
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

aydens costing me more money. my ea account was broke til today so one card short. hes so spoiled.

but i bought the orginal game with money dad gave me the money. and it would have been dads birthday in 2 weeks the 1st,

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top