Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    ChikamoriSelfacyReboot_banner.png

Generation One

Chapter Seven - "Haruo and River"

(Part Two)

“You really have no respect for anyone other than yourself, do you?” Fiona interrupted Mayumi’s continuing tirade putting a halt to the squabble between Molly and Mayumi. They both turned to look at her with questioning glances; like two different M&Ms: one being made chocolate; the other was nuts.
    Screenshot-586.jpg
    “Respect is earned; not given.” Mayumi snarked back at Fiona; her tone haughty and pedantic as though she was trying to explain a concept to a small and stupid child.
    Screenshot-587.jpg
    “Well, that certainly doesn’t surprise me, Mayumi...out of the likes of you;” Fiona shot back, “...considering you’ve done nothing to deserve the level of respect due a deity...of which you’re not.”
    Screenshot-586.jpg
    “You better watch your tone, Ms. Paparazzi hack, I have a Bachelor of Arts in History and Education; I was tops in my class and I was a Rhodes Scholar, so I have done a lot more with my life than you ever will...” Mayumi was incensed. “As a matter of fact, my mother and father taught me to never have a child out of wedlock, so I’m up on you on there...as...”
    Screenshot-594.jpg
    Fiona yawned, "Are you done your current volley of objurgation? Mayumi?" putting up a hand in the air and flapping it. "You're causing a breeze."
    Screenshot-589.jpg
    Mayumi hadn’t stopped bloviating, “...and I deserve every bit of respect that is owed to me...after all...I didn’t under go four years of intensive studying to obtain degrees in the Library Sciences as well as in Arts...to have you come in with your Certificate of Journalism by learning on the job. So who did you have to stir to get a job that you didn’t have the qualifications to do?”
    Screenshot-595.jpg
    Screenshot-596.jpg
    Mayumi snorted derisively, "...maybe that begat your wretched spawn...who appears to be tied to mine." she snapped, "No matter...at least it gets rid of a useless kid that didn't meet up with expectation."
    Screenshot-597.jpg
    “How dare you insinuate that Ms. McIrish has done something untoward!!!” Haruo stormed in, incensed, before River or Torao could stop him. Despite his inadequacy in mathematics and the sciences, his marks in English were impeccable and he had a commanding grasp of the English language which stunned most of his teachers. “You have no business telling her what you did...that she did something morally reprehensible in order to get a job. You have some nerve.”
    Screenshot-612.jpg
    “This is between that tart’s mother and myself. You don’t need to involve yourself.” Mayumi’s high and mighty tone enraged Haruo further, causing him to grit his teeth and clench his fists.
    Screenshot-616.jpg
    “It becomes my problem when you refer to my girlfriend as a tart and her mother as unwholesome. Mother dearest.” the dripping sarcasm from his tone of voice on the vocative noun was quite apparent that he was making an equivalence to the matriarch actress of the Crawford clan.
    Screenshot-633.jpg
    Screenshot-638.jpg
    Mayumi huffed, “I’m only telling the truth and you’d better watch your tone with me; young man...even if you hate my guts, I’m still your mother.”
    Screenshot-648.jpg
    The bitterness in Haruo’s tone was quite evident as he snarled, “Unfortunately...”
    Screenshot-652.jpg
    The sound of palm meeting face was sharp and loud. “How dare you...I gave birth to you, you ungrateful little snot.” The vicious words were more hurtful than the physical slap. “I went through sixteen hours of intense physical pain to birth you and this is the thanks I get?”
    Screenshot-661.jpg
    Screenshot-662.jpg
    Fiona stepped forward; sheer anger and protectiveness over her daughter’s boyfriend suffused her features in an incandescent sheen of outrage. “This is the last time you will ever hit your son because he no longer lives here. By rights, I should report you to the Ministry of Children and Families.” she stepped forward, “But I have no wish to see my daughter’s boyfriend go into foster-care. I’m taking him into refuge. Contest me and I will report you and file for custody, terminating your rights to see him ever again.”
    Screenshot-667.jpg
    “What makes you think that a painted tart like you would ever get custody?” Mayumi scoffed, dusting off her shoulder, "What makes you think that the courts will believe you over me? You have got to be kidding me. You are nothing; a zero..."
    Screenshot-674.jpg
    “Live and learn, Mayumi, I have six eye-witnesses who saw the whole slapping-a-minor incident take place right in front of their eyes. Not to mention, the victim; as well. Would you care to keep digging a hole?” Fiona’s look was pure evil aimed at Mayumi, “And who knows what other garbage a nosy paparazzi investigative reporter can dig up on you. I’m sure with 51 years under your belt, there’s probably a lot of dirt there...that can be useful.”
    Screenshot-672.jpg
    She stepped forward, “Let’s see how you like it when you get a taste of your own medicine.”
    Screenshot-676.jpg
    Screenshot-677.jpg
    Fiona’s right hand flicked out in a nice wide arc defined by the circumference of her arm length and made vicious impact with Mayumi’s left cheek, snapping her head sideways. “Perhaps you shouldn’t hit your child or someone bigger may come along and hit you.” Fiona snarled.
    Screenshot-683.jpg
    Yasunobu shook his head and stepped forward to confront Mayumi, "Kanryō shimai...(We are done); Anata ga boku no kodomo ni te o ageru ga modoru koto wa nai. (When you raise a hand to our child, there's no going back). Rikon ga kakutei suru made taizai ni sho. Shikashi, anata wa watashitachi no musuko no chikazuite ikenai. Anata kinshi sareru. (You can stay until the divorce is finalized; but you will not go near our son. It is forbidden)
    Screenshot-684.jpg
    "Kare mo boku no musuko... (He's my son also...)"
    Screenshot-688.jpg
    Yasunobu growled, "Anata ga kare o nagutta toki, Anata wa kare o hahaoya ni suru subete no kenri o hōkashita. (The second you raised your hand to hit him, you lost your right to mother him.)"
    Screenshot-696.jpg
    Screenshot-698.jpg
    Bebe stepped forward towards Mayumi, no longer a teen but a young adult, equally as tall as Mayumi, responsible, holding down an occupation she planned to pursue to the very pinnacle. And this was something she had to do, and step forward she did; a seething look of anger; her eyes shards of green ice. She turned to Yasunobu, “I’m so sorry, Mr. Chikamori. Forgive me but this has to be said,” and turned back to Mayumi, “For most of his life, I’ve seen how he’s come to school, barely a shell of himself. I went to school with him, I saw him withdrawn and quiet on those days that you went off on him. I saw River comfort him; stand by his side. Mrs. Chikamori, you were the cause of that pain; you shredded his self-respect, his ability to have confidence in himself and his self-worth and the only reason why he's still here today instead of being a statistic for child-suicide is his circle of school-friends and his father, cousin and uncle. Nothing I see here tells me that you were a mother to him in the way that a mother is supposed to be.” she pointed a finger at him, “An abuser, maybe, but a mother? No. What you were was his tormenter.”

Mayumi tried to say something but Bebe cut her off at the pass with an emphatic wave-off.
    Screenshot-702.jpg
    "Whatever pathetic excuses you have, Mayumi, I'm not in the mood to hear them. In fact, when Ms. McIrish goes after custody of Haruo, I'll be happy to be a character witness." Bebe stated, her voice brittle and cold, "You have no valid excuses; in fact, you're a sorry excuse of a human being. In fact, if I were a biological researcher, I’d start questioning your links as a human being and whether you were an outlier or a change-child, because there is no question that you have a lack of humanity."
    Screenshot-699.jpg
    River stalked forward; eyes narrowed, teeth gritted. “You are a real piece of work, aren’t you?” she hissed. “I remember the first time that I knew that something was wrong. It was the day that you decided that you were going to give Haruo extra homework because you figured that he talked back to you.” she stared at Mayumi, ice-cold green eyes impaling Mayumi...with sheer hatred. “You were just looking to heap stuff on him to do just because...you wanted to get the point across to him that you were bigger than him and as such, you had control over his life; just for your own amusement.” River’s voice was seething with pent-up rage. “I knew that there was something wrong. I was too young to know just what it was...but that one time that he and I were toddlers playing, you took away his lollipop and made him cry, then just because he wouldn’t be quiet when you wanted, you took him and you put him in his crib. He was screaming his head off...and you ignored him...and all the while you had this smirk on your face as if you were getting enjoyment from his misery. Well, mark my words, Mayumi, I’m not going to let you hurt him any more. If you think you’re going to hurt him again, you have another thing coming.” River balled up her fists and glared at Mayumi.
    Screenshot-716.jpg
    Mayumi tried to step forward, and River snarled in a low growling voice, “I wouldn’t make that mistake a second time; because the next time, Hank will have you in cuffs and you’ll be cooling your heels at the local lockup.”
    Screenshot-717.jpg
    “He deserves better than a little trollop like you.” Mayumi sneered at her.
    Screenshot-721.jpg
    “Since when did you have his best interests in mind, you witch.” River’s sneer was equally ferocious. “If you didn’t care about him for the past eighteen years...don’t try to fool anyone that you care now.”
    Screenshot-731.jpg
    “How dare you...” sputtered Mayumi, “You are nothing but an insignificant...”

“An insignificant speck?” River asked? “Well, you’re talking to an insignificant speck...that has your son’s heart. And hates you. What makes you think that you’ll see your grandchildren if you speak about their potential mother in that manner.”
    Screenshot-716.jpg
    “You...are a harlot.” Mayumi seethed, “You have no right to take my son from me...”
    Screenshot-727.jpg
    “Oh...really. I took your son away from you. You make it seem as if he didn’t have any choice himself in matters of his own heart. You would control him that much.” River snarled. “And I’m going to say this...Mayumi, your shadow had better not darken our doorstep because you are not welcome...whereever he and I live from now on.”
    Screenshot-730.jpg
    "...because I will have you arrested if you come nosing around our house. And I'll be laughing when you are clapped in handcuffs...and dragged off kicking and screaming. You belong in a nuthouse and you should have been stuffed inside their rubber-room where you could pontificate to your heart's content without rational people having to subject themselves to torturous misery listening to your misguded ranting..."
    Screenshot-734.jpg
    "...Let me say it slowly so that it sinks in to your thick head considering it doesn’t seem possible, despite your post-secondary education that you have any cognition of what it means to be a rational, social human being; YOU are not welcome at our house...so don’t bother coming and knocking on our door. “
    Screenshot-733.jpg
    Yasunobu looked stricken but River turned to him and said, “Dad...on the other hand is welcome at anytime.” embracing Yasunobu and telling him that only his wife was subject to the ban.
    Screenshot-738.jpg
    Screenshot-739.jpg
    ...while Mayumi could only stand there and fume in impotent rage.

(End Part Two)
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    DivaDoodleDivaDoodle Posts: 1,858 Member

@thuggishsplicer TY about Fawn!!! the real Fawn looked to difficult for me to fix, so this one was in the bin and I don't remember her, but loved that her top and shoes matched!

I always love to read your comments! you know several people have said that my teens are too young for woohoo!
    But the Real reason I let it happen is because it isn't like us here on earth! my sims lack the body parts! so it is just a lovely way to max the fun bar! And they Really Like it! :):D

(I like wonder if no one on the forum grew up with the 60's influence , or do they disapprove, or maybe they didn't so their sims don't, or then what's there to look forward to in adulthood, I always love to hear the 'why'!
    I find it so interesting each generations views and then try to guess people's ages and lifestyles! :) People are so wonderful and interesting!)
    btw have you ever seen a glitch where the covers are missing? Note: Don't! its horrifying & monstrous! :#

So Very happy you uploaded the Castros <3 sans furbabys! Thank you so so much!!! getting them right now! *happy*

WOW ALL those families! that is amazing! you are really nice thuggishsplicer!!!
  • Options

@Nikkei_Simmer Yes! good point! Why on earth has no one reported Mayumi to child welfare?

Fiona! you are my hero! At last at last a grown up does the right thing! I know Dad probably couldn't as he was also a victim. Holy Moly Fiona is Awesome! I wish Yasunobu would marry her! he has been so emotionally battered he needs her to look out for him too, with her kindness and protectiveness.

:# Plz No! don't let her stay! I'm left wondering what on earth would it take to finally kick her out? I'd just call the cops right now!

is a change-child like a changeling?

wow! so emotional! that must have been very cathartic to write!
  • Options
    TamijoTamijo Posts: 1,072 Member
    @DivaDoodle forgot to answer about the moon, it is not a mod or anything special, it was just a great moon on the sky that day.
    My active stories: Appaloosa County..*.. Sinful Sisters.....*.....Earlier stories:..*..Survivors the River..*.. A Memoir of Grace "Slick" Joplin
  • Options
    TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,717 Member
    edited January 2021
    Yup, been there, done that, got the t-shirt (to hide the scars)...and the bonus points. Plus on top of that my mother told my wife. "You took my son away from me..." Nothing like being told they "own you.

And of course...with the "Molly" situation... they'll twist the situation to make it seem as though it's YOUR fault.
    @Nikkei_Simmer Giving that post an "awesome" felt wrong, because it's anything but, but yeah. I could tell a story about how my girlfriend of that time learned a thing about what human beings are capable of (she had initially thought I had blatantly exaggerated and decided to ignore my warnings), but I guess I'll better leave it at that.

After the last scene, I guess everyone here waits for the inevitable Mayumi backlash. They never give up, because they "know" better.

DivaDoodle wrote: »
    I like your pic and caption, I love when they wait! lol :D but they are vying for the same bed!

The guy in blue is super handsome! <3
    @DivaDoodle Erik? So I guess you approve of Helga's choice (she chose him without my input :wink: ). And :lol: , no, Erik and Lazlo don't target the same bed. The little thought bubbles always depict the base model of the bed, not how it actually looks, so the beds in the bubble look the same, although they are different. They wouldn't even be able to use the same bed if they wanted, the way I have set up the door locks. For example, this is the bed of Helga and Erik, the one from Erik's thought bubble:
    qRqqKVN.jpg
    Only Helga, Erik and the butler have access to that room.
    And don't fret it about the RG mod. Every time you press the button, a report is produced in the messages, so you can see exactly what changes to look for, which can be very minor in some cases. Then again, if you are happy how things are, then you don't need it. If you ever get tired of clone children, you know the mod is waiting for you :wink: .
    By the way, if you just want to reproduce features of a specific sim, there's a different way to mix your sims with only NRaas mods. Jot down the numbers of the slider settings in CAS and just change those specific sliders you are interested in on the other sim to those values (you can actually type those in).

@Tamijo I take it there aren't any foxes, bobcats or raccoons in that remote location, either :wink: . Anyway, I guess that, sometimes, those lonely stories can be a bit of a breather, but most of the time I get the urge that my sims interact with someone at some point, which means these little interludes never last long for me. So the game sent you a homeless over? That's funny :smile: .

@thuggishsplicer You're on a roll! Thanks :smile:
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    Screenshot-98.jpg
    Agent Peter: Mr. President, the investigation on Mr. Adam has come back.
    Ryan: And?

Screenshot-99.jpg
    Agent Peter: He did not pass.Apparently, he is working under cover
    with a foreign government.

Screenshot-100.jpg
    Ryan: Arrest him.He'll be tried in federal court.
    Agent Peter: Wilson and I will take care of it.

Screenshot-103.jpg
    Wilson and Peter made their way to the science lab to confront Adam at
    his job.
    Linda: Hello, what can we do for you?
    Agent Peter: Mr. Adam we have a warrent for your arrest.
    Adam: Oh really? On what grounds?
    Agent Wilson: Treason against the united states.
    We've uncovered some of your.."deals" with a foreign agent.

Screenshot-105.jpg
    Linda: Please tell me this is a mistake, Adam.
    Adam: Oh? You gonna make a fuss also? Everyone is so tense.
    Linda: This isn't a joke! This is serious business...

Screenshot-104.jpg
    Agent Wilson: Linda, may we have the computers in the lab? Particularly
    any he's been on.
    Linda: Absolutely, take them.
    Adam: You little traitor...won't even defend me?
    Adam went to grab her, but Wilson knocked him down, while
    peter handcuffed him and dragged him off.
    Wilson: Come, someone will want to make sure you're safe.

Screenshot-106.jpg
    Ryan: Are you okay?
    Linda: Annoyed...maybe, hurt no.
    Ryan: I'm sorry, probably not the best day to end your day?
    Linda: I've seen better and worse..
    Ryan: I'm just glad you aren't hurt..
    Linda: I need a vacation.

Screenshot-107.jpg
    Ryan: Well, we can arrange that.

• Options
    Boy, I love this game so much. Especially when you don't have to fight the game tooth and nail to get an expression that goes along with the text that you're putting down.
    Screenshot-730.jpg
    Just the seething hatred that River has for Mayumi is clear on her face.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options

91 The Watcher Watches: Danny & Belinda -> Quigley <-

The Watcher has been trying to decide, do I really want to lose the town's only excellent babysitter by letting Quigley have a home? I know he wants one, he has had so many thoughts about it. From his thoughts I think he wants to learn skills, and he sees how the others live, and he wants that too!
    And now, look, he needs to learn handiness! :D

4CNZmt7.jpg
    AKmSumR.jpg
    "Sorry Watcher I was just trying to learn online, when this happened!"
    It's ok Quigley, one of the adults can fix it this time! I am wondering what else you want? Show me.

Quigley sets off to show me.
    "Hi Max! Somehow I know that you want a career in the sciences! I must have read your mind or wishes. Can you tell me what you know about science?''
    AqJr9Pl.jpg

"Oh yes of course, Quigley, with a good background in logic & science you could have a career in medicine! You could start off using the chemistry station, that is very fun!
    kYj8fMs.jpg

"Oh I do like that idea! Are their certain traits or skills I would need before I used it and the microscope, or do I get an after school job in medicine? What do I do?"
    aJU1qYT.jpg

"Well Quigley I think if you want to go into medicine it would be helpful to get the genius trait when you age up, You need to ask Watcher, as I am not too sure."
    7kGBw4U.jpg

Max continues "I don't think you need much for the chemistry table, but to be a well rounded individual it is always a good idea to have skills in logic, handiness, fishing -since you like sushi, and of course gardening! These are fun hobbies to learn! Just ask Watcher to put them in your house."

"Well that brings up a problem for me Max"
    FW6B1JF.jpg
    "I don't live in an actual house. I live in the other dimension, like Leelu did, as a homeless sim, so there is no place for Watcher to put these implements of learning."

Ac842m1.jpg
    "I wanted to ask you, when you and Faelie move out, if I could I come with you?" asks Quigley
    Yb2QmvG.jpg
    Quigley continues. "I thought about asking Fern if I could live there, but even though I like Gladsten so much, he is not the type of mentor I need. I've thought about it a lot, I need a household with good solid parenting, almost strict, to help guide me. I thought about asking Dante, & Cabana, but their houses are too full. I love Danny & Belinda but they are sweet ol softies and wouldn't push me to excel. ''

'' I feel like I am way behind my peers, I have only picked up a few things by observation, and falling into sometimes weird circumstances. I really need a strong head of the household, for my mentor.
    I know it is a lot to ask." Quigley sighs.
    qsdmTIr.jpg

Max says "It is a lot to ask, I have never heard of someone asking such a thing. But I have to admit I admire you for asking Quigley! That takes gumption! I like that! I do have the means to support you in your endeavors, financially it is no problem, and I already have mastered the skills you seek, and, well, selfishly, I admit I like your baby sitting style and abilities for my children!"
    JiPY0eP.jpg

Max continues "You need to know I will expect you to do chores, and adhere to the house rules! And without complaining, allow me to practice my family oriented skills! I want to be the best father, as you already know!"
    7Ld3ia5.jpg

Max goes on "Faelie will want you to learn cooking and charisma as well. I would expect you to help around the house! and not be any trouble to Faelie as she is my precious wife!"
    Lr5wlTg.jpg

Quigley hides his smile at that last part. He knows Max's mind is in the future, quite a bit! He thinks he could also help be Max's personal assistant!
    Quigley says "I will do all that and more Max, to have this wonderful opportunity!"
    o9iG5Bx.jpg
    t63YHJr.jpg

Quigley wonders what Max will choose as a house, it will probably be lovely, He remembers that Faelie has said she likes spaciousness, and lots of art.
    GrbX2ih.jpg

Danny comes over to chat and Max says
    "Danny, when Faelie and I move with our children, we are going to take Quigley with us!"
    rhRvYcA.jpg

Danny doesn't really like the sound of that! So hard to find a good sitter, they've been so lucky with Quigley!
    bCnQGex.jpg

"Well now listen here Max, the best way to make sure your babies are going to be fine is just take care of them Yourself! There is no need to be all drastic and take Quigs away from his job as baby sitter, you know" says Danny
    NWg8XSl.jpg

"You'd be leaving the entire town with all the hassle of interviewing new sitters and possibly allowing toddlers to run wild and not getting changed or fed or played with ..." says Danny worriedly.
    jbqW8Tu.jpg

"No I'm sorry Danny, but it is already all set, Quigley now lives with my wife and I and our children." says Max, already Way in the future in his mind.
    Quigs tries not to laugh, but it's amazing how it seems in Max's mind they already are living in this wonderous house with Faelie as his wife and their many children!
    1VSN09o.jpg
    "That's just the way it is my dear old friend" says Max
    swKjkaY.jpg
    h056KwU.jpg
    VK7awXQ.jpg

Quigley thinks he better talk to Faelie!

But Faelie thinks too much talk has gone on already!
    'My beautiful wife' thinks Max
    LaNA51N.jpg
    9gz75Y6.jpg
    ynnryMM.jpg
    Kbn8DeD.jpg

Danny gets an idea!
    nbGQL4p.jpg
    "Quigley you know how much Bébé loves you"
    0HKhIO6.jpg
    "And Beau is just crazy about you too!" says Danny
    pmujjds.jpg
    "yes Danny, I love both Bébé & Beau, they are my favorite toddlers!" says Quigley
    WzJcKoD.jpg

"Well Belinda and I are also so very fond of you too Quigley!"
    mhcHhUv.jpg
    "aw Thanks Danny, that means a lot!"
    qcp9ziG.jpg
    "Max told me your plans to all live together when his new house is ready"
    jWKVIZL.jpg
    "But until then, would you like to live here with all of us? We would love to have you!
    You already feel like family to all of us!""
    Mfim5Mp.jpg

"I would really love that Danny! I have been really longing to have a place to call home!" says Quigley
    hVzWWvO.jpg
    CTSL4uW.jpg
    "This is just so generous of you" says Quigley
    xqPlXOg.jpg

"Oh Quigley I'm so happy you have a home now!" says Fern
    QAjSvJ1.jpg
    "We can see each other whenever we want now!" murmurs Quigley
    3zoSvFQ.jpg
    LU1L9sL.jpg
    W558vEx.jpg

"um Do you have your own room yet?" Sophie ventures, her eyes twinkling.
    "I don't think so." says Quigley
    3bA4wqT.jpg

"umm Watcher? " asks Fern
    m-kay
    6mXWYa7.jpg
    rGQuHIP.jpg

"What is that honk sound Watcher?" asks Quigley
    MndgE4n.jpg

Oh sorry Quigley
    1w9YZoK.jpg

HlnZTad.jpg

<3
  • Options
    Screenshot-110.jpg
    Ryan was true to his words, He took Linda with him to Paris.As He
    had a meeting with their president.He decided to add a few extras day.

Screenshot-111.jpg
    Agent Peter: The building is secured.The President may enter.
    Agent Wilson: I will get him.

Screenshot-114.jpg
    Agent Wilson asked everyone to stay put as Ryan entered the hotel.
    They checked in and went to their suit.

Screenshot-116.jpg
    Ryan: I have somewhere I have to be, I'll be back later tonight.
    Peter will stay with you.
    Linda: Maybe I could go.Unless its the meeting.
    Ryan: Its not, but I'll need you to stay here.
    Linda: ...

Screenshot-117.jpg
    Ryan: You have nothing to worry about, I promise.
    Linda: I trust you.

Screenshot-119.jpg

later that night...

Screenshot-120.jpg
    Agent Wilson: The president ask that you meet him for dinner.
    Linda: alright, I'll be ready in a few minutes.

Screenshot-124.jpg
    After dinner they visited the Eiffel Tower, the northern lights decided
    to make an appearance tonight.

Screenshot-125.jpg
    Linda: Its beautiful here.
    Ryan: not as beautiful as you.I need to show you
    why I had to go out alone today.

Screenshot-128.jpg
    Linda: What are you doing?
    Ryan got down on one knee.
    Ryan: If I could change just one thing about us, I would have asked
    this sooner: will you marry me?

Screenshot-130.jpg
    Linda: But first, I have to check if your record is clean.
    Ryan: What?
    Linda: I'm kidding..
    Ryan: Funny...
    Linda: We'll have to ask Sissy first.
    Ryan; Come on, be serious please.

Screenshot-131.jpg
    Linda: Ryan, relax..I'm only teasing.Of course I'll marry you.
    Ryan: I didn't think I'd ever get answer from you.
    Linda: Since when do I not give answers?
    Agent Wilson: How about all the time?
    Linda: Shut up.
    Agent Peter: Ha! She told you.

Screenshot-132.jpg

Screenshot-134.jpg

Screenshot-135.jpg

• Options
    TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,717 Member
    Looks as if I feel like posting lately :lol: . So here's just a short update.
    Barney went to his high school graduation. Which is kind of funny, as he already had his university graduation. No pics, as the game stripped him off his robe. Boo! Anyway, he got "Valedictorian" and "Most popular". Yeah, the game is overly generous :lol: .

As the day started somewhat anticlimactic, I got them two kids instead (I guess that sounds like casual afternoon shopping). Oh the wonders of future medicine. Also, who likes babies in this game? Here are Ronny and Phil in the kitchen, where pretty much all my toddlers spend their lives (a kitchen, not this particular one).
    KvUFTFO.jpg
    Needless to say they had to learn the usual stuff.
    2jxWsAs.jpg
    Rowan went to some party of Doris Lucas, which started close to midnight. She raised four kids together with her husband, and they are one of the most harmonious couples in town. It must be true love. I guess not even the fact that not a single one of those four kids is by her husband distracts from that point. I like her dress.
    k01gYGL.jpg
    I'm not sure I've ever seen that thought bubble. Is Spiros a proud grandma? I don't know. Anyway, he had the wish to get 10 grandkids. I'm not sure I'll suffer through that.
    Y6dkVVL.jpg
    He later watched over the two sleeping rugrats.
    qOF1fmd.jpg
    Other than that, I was just looking into who to send to university next, but that isn't very interesting.
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    @thuggishsplicer

Thank you, great uploads.

@DivaDoodle

Max is such a cutie.
    Wow, Quigley is one of the babysitters? He's also so cute. <3

@GraceyManor

Great updates.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    A MEMOIR OF GRACE “SLICK” JOPLIN

Chapter 8.0 Roses

Music - warning - this may offend some, so dont look if you are are in doubt.
    Do you know how pale and wanton thrillful - Comes death on a strange hour
    Unannounced, unplanned for - Like a scaring over-friendly guest you've - Brought to bed
    Death makes angels of us all - And gives us wings - Where we had shoulders
    Smooth as raven's Claws - No more money, no more fancy dress
    This other kingdom seems by far the best - Until it's other jaw reveals incest
    And loose obedience to a vegetable law
    I will not go - Prefer a Feast of Friends - To the Giant Family.

(I always get the chill when I listen to this)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HyJSYyg_R8

More than a year later

It was Jasmin’s birthday. My little baby had become a child. Life flies past so fast, she was now about to start school.

RpqM766.jpg

It was ice cold over at David’s house, they were one of those older couples that had nothing left to say to each other, this year David even celebrated his birthday over at the Fox family household, he did never want to be home unless it was to sleep.

iHIeIyz.jpg

Val spent most of her life at the EdnaMary metro station. Chatting with her many customer, she was very popular with the commuters. Often hanging out with them even after working hours.

m6avQzX.jpg

Valleri died of a hart attack, right there behind the desk, at the subway station.
    She was 68 years old, when she passe away.
    NQfzOmz.jpg

David held a small private ceremony. Our family was the only guests. The twins was on a long vacation abroad with the children, otherwise they would of course be here.

54DpyIb.jpg

The Preacher said:
    David have told me, that Val was the daughter of a Priest raised in a very religious family. Sadly, not the good kind of God’s man, she had a very hard upbringing, resulting in her leaving her childhood home at just 17. It will not be a surprise to anyone in this room that David and Val were not on the best terms these resent years, but we also know how good they were together, back when they managed the Café. Sadly, sometimes we can drift apart, but we still got the good memories left.
    May her blessed soul rest in peace, Amen.

DOEyIEE.jpg

She was buried on the city graveyard next to Gracie Loveland

ks7R5wt.jpg

Comments

@DivaDoodle: Thanks
    Comments at you site (later)
    @thuggishsplicer: Nice song choice – so 80’s
    @Nikkei_Simmer: Nice updates, Mayumi get it from all sides now.
    @Turjan: Yes agree a one person story might be a bore. Never intended it so be about just one person.
    Cute, are they twins?
    @GraceyManor: Nice updates, assume he was a spy.
    My active stories: Appaloosa County..*.. Sinful Sisters.....*.....Earlier stories:..*..Survivors the River..*.. A Memoir of Grace "Slick" Joplin
  • Options

@Turjan Glad you feel like posting! That is lucky for us! So cute Ronny and Phil! Did the parents use the hospital or MC?
    No! the ones who love babys are the sims! hahaha Why they love the boring burritos I'll never know! The babies are totally uninteresting for me! but I Do like toddlers they are too cute!

Yes I think Spiros wants to be a proud grandma! He is the handsomest grandma! btw I have seen that thought bubble one before in Sunlit Tides with a my handsome sim who somehow won the Queen of the Dance award, one spring.

Well, um I hope you let us know who gets to go to Uni, I think do it's interesting! :)

@Silverofdreams30 Thank you I am still crazy about Max! Yes I was surprised Quigley was the games babysitter! I thought Quigley was just one of the normal homeless teens the game makes. but we had too many girl teens for Luc's teen party and not enough boys so I chose her randomly, saw she had no family, so she got a sex change and new persona/look of an IF that I had long ago that I became fond of. I got lucky making his looks, I am not good at all and there are probably a million zero sliders, but I like him! thank you!

@Tamijo well of course if you give a warning I will Have to look! :D I love most of his music but never heard this one before.

Did David really never want to be home? or is it the story?

Wow that is the first time I ever saw a concession worker die on duty! incredible picture! RIP Val.
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    Hey friends. :)

I've fallen behind again. :grimace: But you'd be happy to know the reason why...I was writing. :mrgreen: I've finished writing the first, big scene of Chapter 12 and now I gotta go in game and get pictures for it. (Usually I do that first, but not this time around. I was dying to write it! ;) ) I hope to get it posted in the next day or two. 👍

@Nikkei_Simmer Aww, it's cute how you and your wife met. <3 My hubby and I exchanged some emails before we started dating too. :blush:
    When you meet the right person, you know. It hasn’t been all roses...but y’know, no relationship is. You have your rocky moments...and the thing is that you work through them and not throw in the towel (unless the relationship is outright abusive) just because.
    ^Yes! :star:
    Lol, I'm still trying to figure out how to make my love of writing bring in some income as well. :smirk:
    I'm glad your reboot is moving along better and just as you hoped it would. :star: It's great!
    Again...just like in real life; sometimes the abused don’t even know that they’re being abused or they’re cowed because of the potential for retribution. And until they see it happen to someone else in front of their eyes and the monster drops their mask of civility; they don’t truly see the horror behind it all.
    ^This is true. Sadly. :(
    Aww, you shared a song. :mrgreen: There's some righteous classical music out there. I wonder if I listen to it while writing it will help my brain function at its peak performance. 🤔 ;)
    ----
    My gosh that Mayumi... :unamused:
    "Excuse me, I addressed you!" If Mayumi's voice was any shriller and louder, she could out-scream a fire engine. "The least you could do is answer, or are you as dimwitted as you are a tramp?!" Yes, Mayumi was making friends and influencing people.
    ^Ha ha! :lol:
    Cat fight! :smiley: (Where's the male observers? j/k :joy: )
    Glad Molly kicked her butt! (And again! :lol: )
    ----
    Yikes... :grimace: That is no mother who slaps her child. :cry:
    Go Fiona! :star:
    (The second you raised your hand to hit him, you lost your right to mother him.)"
    ^Yup. Basically what I said. ;)
    The rage in River's eyes. Never cross a woman's man! Ever!

@thuggishsplicer It's all good. 👍
    It really is fun to look back on this thread and see all the fun posts and conversations going on. :blush:
    GREAT song you shared! :star: I haven't heard that one in a while. (Ever since I last watched "Napoleon Dynamite." :lol: )
    Sweet of you to share your families. <3

@DivaDoodle
    emorrill brrrrr 5 inches of snow WOW! keep warm sweetie! Why are you in the basement? get to the living room!
    ^I would, but my computer is here in the basement. :lol: There wasn't really any room for it upstairs, but...some days I begin to rethink that. 🤔 I will stay warm, don't worry. :kissing_heart:
    ----
    Well of course after Max's last remark, The Watcher Knows she must keep a closer eye on these sims, especially Max!
    stop laughing! :D it is not because of his looks! it is because I am excited at what they will do next!
    ^Suuuuure. :smirk::kissing_heart:
    Your dialogue never fails to humor me! :lol: I love it!
    Love Fawn's age up hair. :) So you have plans for her to hook up with Quigley? :smirk:
    ♬Some enchanted ev-ening!♪
    ^I KNOW that song! :smiley: My mom had a Rodgers and Hammerstein songbook and she played all that music on the piano growing up. :blush: Of course we watched a lot of the movies as well. :)
    Woah...that was a quick kiss! :grin: They are adorable together. <3
    ----
    emorrill nice music fun oldie! we did line dancing at our 7-8th grade sock hops, at lunch time in the gym! :D
    ^Cool! :grin: Those were some fun times weren't they?
    ----
    That was bold of Quigley to ask Max if he could live with him and Faelie, but it turned out well. :)
    I could watch Danny without a shirt on all day. :love: (Me thinks you can too. :smirk: )
    Lol! Danny trying to get Quigley to stay by mentioning how much the twins love him. ;)
    So wait, did Quigley decide to stay with Danny and Belinda then?

@bekkasan I knew you would nail the vows and you did. <3:star:

@Turjan
    emorrill Nice earworm :smile: . That's what your story is about in the end, anyway, right?
    ^Not exactly... ;)
    (Me thinks you have some kind of insight into my head. :p And not just due to the songs I share. ;) )
    Looks as if I feel like posting lately :lol: .
    ^ :lol: Awesome!
    I don't care for babies either (that sounds bad :joy: ) I mean, SIM babies. I age them up to toddler pretty quick. :p 10 Grandkids is a lot to make happen isn't it? ;)

@GraceyManor
    She feels the same, no worries.
    *Linda: Don't apologize...I'm glad you said it...because I feel the same.*
    ^Oh. 🙁 I'm really not sure how I missed that, but feel bad that I did. :( Thanks for pointing it out.
    ----
    So Adam turned out to be bad news after all...
    Hot kiss under the Eiffel Tower. :star: He proposed and she said yes! I'm so happy for them. <3 This isn't the end of the story is it?

@Silverofdreams30 Great picture of Liam. :)

@Tamijo That's a pretty mountain village. :)
    I guess my vote about not getting the dishwasher won. ;) He's making a smart move.
    Jenny returned! :smiley: Aww...
    Don’t know Weird Al Yankovic at all.
    ^What!? :open_mouth: Okay, so ever since the 1980's this guy has been parodying popular songs and making them hilarious! :lol: (WAY before it was cool!) Here's one of my favorites. I have SO many! :mrgreen: ----
    Never really listened to Jim Morrison & the Doors, but I gave this one a listen. I kept expecting him to sing. :lol: It's an interesting song for sure...... :confused:
    I do enjoy exploring all kinds of music, so thanks for sharing. :) Enjoyed your post.
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    edited January 2021
    Generation 1 - Liam James

Chapter two

KaafI6P.jpg

fnaRwWb.jpg

Zbcr9bE.jpg

LhKiwd9.jpg

kzZ0w8v.jpg

Liam watched TV

lZ662W1.jpg

HzdA1Hy.jpg

Dani joined him later

fQBXLWW.jpg

Jayden painted

DmIjkEx.jpg

Dani decided it was time for a house party, it was a Sunday.

Tagging: @emorrill @bekkasan @DivaDoodle
  • Options
    BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,774 Member
    Page 4111

@DivaDoodle I never got to play Sims 2 (PC Version) I did get to play the console one though. Sims 3 is my first time with the PC version of any of the games.

@GraceyManor Wrong place to rob, lol
    Adam seems like he's a tad impressed with the house.
    A storm chasing team can be dangerous but we've learned so much from them going out and collecting data.
    The robot costume always amuses me. I remember the first Sim I had with the Bot Fan trait wore that all the time.
    I'm getting Dorothy vibes from the device.

@meerkattime I'm finding some time to play, just not as much as I'd like to.
    Thanks, I made them like that to go with his rebellious trait.
    I'm a bit sad that the triplets aged up. I've been thinking about curing all my werewolves soon though, so that will make them go sooner.
    I got one day done in Riverview. Not much has happened yet but I bet I'll be having some new family members to add to my tree soon.

@Karritz Love Cathy's hair color.

@Nikkei_Simmer Bebe looks more mature now with that hairstyle. It looks great on her!
    You can, unlike Sims 4. Teens there look too much like young adults.

@polrbear Hi, it's been awhile!

@Tamijo Therese is a nice looking Sim.
    Uh oh, sounds like Steve may be a troublemaker.
    Nice city.

@Silverofdreams30 Great photoshoot, she's a very pretty Sim.
    Her boyfriend looks great too. (Or husband, I wasn't sure which)

@Turjan Nice jam session.
    Love the Flintstones reference.
    Good way to keep her name similar but more normal.
    That zombie pic looks like they are about ready to dance to Thriller.
    Sheldon and Amy were some goofy characters, that's for sure. Nice to see Sue.

Page 4112

@AlexaKry Thank you.
    I'm alright with my Sims dying, although it makes me sad to see them go. However, dead isn't dead in the Sims so I can always bring them back as ghosts, or resurrect them and make them take youth elixirs.
    Thanks, I'm looking forward to seeing where the game takes them next. I got to find a spouse for Daisy but she may flirt around a bit first.

@bekkasan Yeah, I think it still counts. I can make it out just enough.
    Thanks, I'm hoping things go well in Riverview.
    I like watching townie fights.

@Satanu_Reeves Joey and Callum seem to be happy on vacation.
    I can tell, they were kissing too much to get anything else done. :lol:
    Congrats!

@Nikkei_Simmer Poor Holly. I hope Parker realizes what he'd lose if he lost her.
    Lol, Ethan would make fun of Parker.
    I'm glad he threatened Parker not to hurt Holly though.
    Nothing like fixing a sink in your underwear.

@GraceyManor I think Ryan is jealous.
    Something makes me think he'll get fake licenses to please Ryan.
    Ryan is right to be careful though.
    It's clear that Linda doesn't know how to use the machine, lol
    Things aren't going so well for Ryan.

@alexandrea Brad looks nice.
    The beagle is cute.

@Silverofdreams30 It was nice to finally get to play.

@Tamijo Hmm, sounds like the future wasn't too great. I'm glad some people survived into 2724 at least.
    Hopefully the plants yield what he needs.
    I have a hard time keeping up with other threads than this one so I'll probably continue comments here. It's just easier for me with my schedule.
    It was pretty calm. The kids got school coming up soon and jobs start up again so it'll be a bit more busier now.
    Thanks.
    Best to leave the raccoon alone.

@thuggishsplicer I like looking at how everyone's connected. I think I may have a few small mistakes with a few Sims but nothing major.
    Thanks, I'm thinking I'll keep the last name as Langerak forever now. It started as the Jones family but I like Langerak much better.
    Bekkasan seems to like talking with the townie.
    MiLa is a nice stage name. I always have trouble with picking those.
    You've got some nice families there.

@DivaDoodle Thanks, I'm looking forward to how my family changes here. I can actually incorporate the new expansions I got too.

***More to come soon.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    @DivaDoodle, Thanks for comment
    Did David really never want to be home? or is it the story?
    No he was never home in game, the few times I have seen them both home lately, just walked by as if the other one did not exist, no “green friendship” at all for years. :/

@emorrill: Thanks
    The video was not only hilarious, it is actually also quite good music, me like. :)
    The particular Morrison album is post mortem, so not really a doors album, rather a poetry album, with the doors playing the underlaying music, to recording of Jim reading his poems. That why he is not singing.

@Silverofdreams30, the quality of you sims is second to none.

this is a first for me, a sim almost died from freezing in the house, guess there is an “error” making the game think the roof is not covering (although it is), she was sleeping and fell to the floor like this, when she woke up

ARSD4on.jpg
  • Options
    Page 4111, continued

@bekkasan The scenery is beautiful.
    Nice of Jamie to talk with the horses.
    Too bad she couldn't go back to normal.
    I like the Vanderburgs. I haven't done anything with them but I like their house.
    The wedding was very beautiful.
    I'm looking forward to Catarina talking to Jamie.

Page 4112

@emorrill Thanks, hard to believe they are heading towards elderhood now.
    It takes some getting used to, the more families you have, the more complicated it gets. My family tree is slightly messed up but the relationships are correct.
    I forgot about the Broke family. I barely know anything about them as I didn't get to play Sims 2.
    You're welcome.

@GraceyManor I'm not sure which one they came from.
    I'm surprised Ryan doesn't know who she is.
    Oh, I guess he does.
    In that last picture, Ryan looks like, "Really, Linda? You gonna play this game? I know it's you."
    Hopefully Linda can help get the drinking water back to normal.
    I'm glad Linda feels the same about Ryan.

@emorrill I'm glad your daughter shares your love of the Sims.

@DivaDoodle Beau is a cutie.
    Max and Faelie are a great couple.
    Good idea with the rolling pin.
    Lol, Max didn't think she saw but she did.
    Woohooing in anothers house is exciting for some Sims.

@Karritz Hello. I need to watch some more videos soon.

@Nikkei_Simmer I hope both River and Haruo are successful.
    I almost forgot they aren't in the modern age yet. They don't have a lot of choices for computers.
    Geez, it's almost like she can read his mind. They do belong together if she already suspects he has a ring.
    I bet Mayumi will be her old grouchy self when Haruo does propose.
    I bet her evaluations are interesting too.
    More like Mayumi, the B***** :lol:
    I like when Yasunobu stands up to her.
    Is he free from her? I sure hope so.
    I'd like to see more people rebel against her and run her out of town. She makes Vita Alto seem like Holly Alto.
    I'm waiting for the day that Mayumi is gone. I just hope no one takes up her mantle to terrorize people more.
    I love that River is excited about 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Mayumi off. I think I'd have fun with that too.

@Gguy Crystal just wanted to have some fun and that guy had to get all mad about it.
    Those elevators sure make me laugh when people get caught in them.
    I like to put a bit of gray in my elders dyed hair too.

***Two more pages to go but I'm having family over for supper so it'll be tomorrow before I get to those, more than likely. I do plan to play once they leave, even if I stay up late to do so. I have tomorrow off too so it doesn't matter to me.
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    @Silverofdreams30 At first it looks like Liam was quite unamused with whatever was on TV, but it must've gotten better. :lol:
    Dani looks pretty great for having a teenager. ;):p
    Aww, no shirtless picture of Jayden? j/k :kissing_heart:
    I look forward to the house party. :)

@Tamijo
    The video was not only hilarious, it is actually also quite good music, me like. :)
    ^Wait, which song was this again? Sorry, my brain these days and so many songs have been shared lately. :p
    The particular Morrison album is post mortem, so not really a doors album, rather a poetry album, with the doors playing the underlaying music, to recording of Jim reading his poems. That why he is not singing.
    ^Ohhhhhh. That's really cool. 👍
    Sorry your sim froze to death. :(

@Brandontaylor Enjoyed reading your reply comments. :)
    Yeah it's fun to have your kids get interested in the same things as you. ;) I especially love that she enjoys writing - and is good at it - as much as I do. <3
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    @emorrill
    This isn't the end of the story is it?

It's not.I'm enjoying them too much to end it.XD
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@xxcrazyskittlesxx Welcome and hope you show pics when you get your member status.

@Turjan That is good to know that it won't affect my existing sims. I guess I'm used to how they look and wouldn't want them to change.
    lol at the beds in the bubbles!
    I've still not had a high school graduation in all the years I've played. I end up sending them to uni or somewhere else and I guess the game forgets to have it.
    I like babies cause I have all kinds of fun cc for them. :grin:
    Glad the guys are helping the toddlers learn their skills. So cute!
    I had to laugh that none of her kids were her husbands and apparently they all had different fathers. Soap opera stuff!

@GraceyManor Your ladies are extremely lucky considering some of the horrible fates they have avoided with their stubbornness.
    I kinda figured Adam would end up being no good. A traitor to his country. Hope they fry him. >:)
    Lovely and romantic visit to Paris!
    A very romantic proposal.

@Silverofdreams30 That is a great edit of Liam!
    Liam is cute and has great expressions. I hope they enjoy the party!

@emorrill Love that movie and actually bought the music from it many years ago.
    Glad to know you've been writing and look forward to the update!

@thuggishsplicer Wonderful families!
    I gave you rec's and saved their files to add to my game. Thanks so very much! It will be fun adding them and seeing how the develop and grow in the new world.
    I enjoyed the music! Hadn't heard that in a long time.

@Nikkei_Simmer Wow...what an emotionally draining chapter! I was waiting for several someones to grab her arms and toss her out of the house on her bum! :grin:

@DivaDoodle So glad you are arranging a place for Quigley to stay. Your sims are extraordinarily nice at inviting new sims to live with them.
    lol at Max making these arrangements without consulting Faelie who he is still not married to. Or, did I miss the ceremony? :grin:
    hehe, Danny does not want to lose his perfect sitter!
    Poor Quigley has to go to school now. Well, that gives Watcher time to make him a bedroom. :wink:

@Tamijo She is a cute child. Time sure flies!
    I'm sorry about Val's death and that she and David never reconciled their differences. So sad.
    Never heard that song. Didn't offend me, but I don't offend easily. :grin:
    Poor frozen sim!

@Brandontaylor Thanks for the comments. :smiley:

I sent Jorge and Judy exploring on SI again. She went to the elixir shop and he went to the outdoor festival. He is a magician wannabe and may be on the stage someday. Judy went up in the strange building next to the elixir store. It is an area to study and practice alchemy. She went out on the walkway around it and looked through the telescope. What an incredible view.
    50883093422_6d036e0f88_o.jpg
    50883093352_4a45a6780a_o.jpg
    50882988836_c3affbe29f_o.jpg
    50882988766_84d19a90bc_o.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Replies:
    bekkasan wrote: »
    @Nikkei_Simmer Lol, I enjoyed the cat fight and it seems to me Mayumi doesn't know when to quit!
    @bekkasan - Nope...Mayumi never does. Her inappropriate trait always causes her to push the envelope. And it just makes it more fun to hate her. :mrgreen:
    DivaDoodle wrote: »
    @Nikkei_Simmer Yes! good point! Why on earth has no one reported Mayumi to child welfare?
    Fiona! you are my hero! At last at last a grown up does the right thing! I know Dad probably couldn't as he was also a victim. Holy Moly Fiona is Awesome! I wish Yasunobu would marry her! he has been so emotionally battered he needs her to look out for him too, with her kindness and protectiveness.
    :# Plz No! don't let her stay! I'm left wondering what on earth would it take to finally kick her out? I'd just call the cops right now!
    is a change-child like a changeling?
    wow! so emotional! that must have been very cathartic to write!
    @DivaDoodle - Unfortunately in real life; a lot of "psychological abuse" goes unreported because of the fact that unlike physical abuse, outside of the psychological manifestations (depression, suicidal thoughts, lashing out, anger) it is virtually undetectable; until Mayumi started to devolve...and what's worse for Mayumi is that she committed physical abuse right in front of those who she didn't want to know about the psychological abuse.
    Fiona's always been fond of Haruo since he's been a toddler...and that River has grown up with him by her side. It would be nice for Fiona to marry Yasunobu...except that NRAAS SP doesn't like that. Neither does the NRAAS mod we "musn't mention".
    Yasunobu, unfortunately always is way too compassionate for his own good.
    Yes, a change-child (is something Mercedes Lackey (Valdemar Universe) is actually much like a changeling.
    I have to say that many times, I wished exactly that...and writing is a way of coping, knowing that she's still alive, s**king oxygen that others could utilize...that my late father passed away leaving her to continue on... but...I'm away from her, thank goodness; no contact...and I'm with my wife...and no matter the rough patches, I'm just glad to be alive.
    @Nikkei_Simmer LOL I think the Brain Enhancing Machine is a really evil machine. I myself don't mind flirty sims. It's been ages since I played a heartbreaker, though.
    @thuggishsplicer - yeah, it's evil...and perfect for a mad scientist... but it is very convenient to take care of some inconvenient little traits. I generally tend to use it in my apocalypse scenarios in order to get rid of Bebe's technophobe trait (which is really inconvenient in such a setting...and I usually end up having her go in there voluntarily...as in her good nature overrides her antipathy towards all things technological...she has to do it for the good of the group.)
    Turjan wrote: »
    Yup, been there, done that, got the t-shirt (to hide the scars)...and the bonus points. Plus on top of that my mother told my wife. "You took my son away from me..." Nothing like being told they "own you.
    And of course...with the "Molly" situation... they'll twist the situation to make it seem as though it's YOUR fault.
    @Nikkei_Simmer Giving that post an "awesome" felt wrong, because it's anything but, but yeah. I could tell a story about how my girlfriend of that time learned a thing about what human beings are capable of (she had initially thought I had blatantly exaggerated and decided to ignore my warnings), but I guess I'll better leave it at that.
    After the last scene, I guess everyone here waits for the inevitable Mayumi backlash. They never give up, because they "know" better.
    @Turjan - Yeah...most definitely. Played a little bit ahead...but haven't written that section yet and I still have to come up with Mayumi's backlash...but I figure it will be epic. That's the thing...they think they "know" better until they trip up eventually. Part of the story is karmic retribution, but in real life, there isn't any. It's just fortunate circumstance.
    Tamijo wrote: »
    @Nikkei_Simmer: Nice updates, Mayumi get it from all sides now.
    @Tamijo - yep...it was "Dump on Mayumi" day at the Chikamori household. :mrgreen:
    emorrill wrote: »
    @Nikkei_Simmer Aww, it's cute how you and your wife met. <3 My hubby and I exchanged some emails before we started dating too. :blush:
    When you meet the right person, you know. It hasn’t been all roses...but y’know, no relationship is. You have your rocky moments...and the thing is that you work through them and not throw in the towel (unless the relationship is outright abusive) just because.
    ^Yes! :star:
    Lol, I'm still trying to figure out how to make my love of writing bring in some income as well. :smirk:
    I'm glad your reboot is moving along better and just as you hoped it would. :star: It's great!
    Again...just like in real life; sometimes the abused don’t even know that they’re being abused or they’re cowed because of the potential for retribution. And until they see it happen to someone else in front of their eyes and the monster drops their mask of civility; they don’t truly see the horror behind it all.
    ^This is true. Sadly. :(
    Aww, you shared a song. :mrgreen: There's some righteous classical music out there. I wonder if I listen to it while writing it will help my brain function at its peak performance. 🤔 ;)
    ----
    My gosh that Mayumi... :unamused:
    "Excuse me, I addressed you!" If Mayumi's voice was any shriller and louder, she could out-scream a fire engine. "The least you could do is answer, or are you as dimwitted as you are a tramp?!" Yes, Mayumi was making friends and influencing people.
    ^Ha ha! :lol:
    Cat fight! :smiley: (Where's the male observers? j/k :joy: )
    Glad Molly kicked her butt! (And again! :lol: )
    ----
    Yikes... :grimace: That is no mother who slaps her child. :cry:
    Go Fiona! :star:
    (The second you raised your hand to hit him, you lost your right to mother him.)"
    ^Yup. Basically what I said. ;)
    The rage in River's eyes. Never cross a woman's man! Ever!
    @emorrill - Yeah...what was really funny was that before I proposed to her, I hadn't even seen her picture. She's beautiful. :) and 20 years later...still is beautiful; the love of my life. It was unconventional the way that we got together, but it was meant to be.
    Let me know when you figure it out. I'm stumped. :D Until then, I guess we write what we love. :D
    It seems to be going pretty well, but I had seven chapters written out. The next part is the last of the "written out" section and well...after that it may be more slow-going.
    I think the one thing that I love about Sims 3 is the fact that you don't have to fight the AI in order to get the shot you want. And man, some of the pictures of River glaring at Mayumi; I would swear, that if it wasn't a program, there was a genuine character expressing hatred for the other sim.
    Y'know...maybe we all need to watch it with this new-fangled machine-learning...that they're doing...lately. ~scary~.
    @Nikkei_Simmer Bebe looks more mature now with that hairstyle. It looks great on her!
    You can, unlike Sims 4. Teens there look too much like young adults.
    @Nikkei_Simmer Poor Holly. I hope Parker realizes what he'd lose if he lost her.
    Lol, Ethan would make fun of Parker.
    I'm glad he threatened Parker not to hurt Holly though.
    Nothing like fixing a sink in your underwear.
    @Brandontaylor - Bebe aged up to YA, so thank goodness...I decided to change her hairstyle when she did. I prefer the height-difference between teen-age and YA sims, since it makes it easier to tell them apart. THough of course, I'm not saying that "easy is better" Heck no... sometimes difficult is challenging...and good. If there weren't any challenges we'd all be sitting around a campfire in a cave using colored sand to make drawings on the cave walls still.
    Parker had better be smart and quit pining over River or he's going to get his rear-end kicked by Ethan and Torao. Bebe ain't available anymore either.
    Some of the dynamics between townies, I really like. And Ethan and Parker are two of the more interesting townie to me.
    I find Ethan is a rather straight-shooting character. I think his traits: Genius, Bookworm, Charismatic and Good translate to such a character. Although I didn't look up his traits until now, he's always struck me as that kind of a character due to his Dad, Jack.
    @Nikkei_Simmer I hope both River and Haruo are successful.
    I almost forgot they aren't in the modern age yet. They don't have a lot of choices for computers.
    Geez, it's almost like she can read his mind. They do belong together if she already suspects he has a ring.
    I bet Mayumi will be her old grouchy self when Haruo does propose.
    I bet her evaluations are interesting too.
    More like Mayumi, the B***** :lol:
    I like when Yasunobu stands up to her.
    Is he free from her? I sure hope so.
    I'd like to see more people rebel against her and run her out of town. She makes Vita Alto seem like Holly Alto.
    I'm waiting for the day that Mayumi is gone. I just hope no one takes up her mantle to terrorize people more.
    I love that River is excited about ❤️❤️❤️❤️ Mayumi off. I think I'd have fun with that too.
    @Brandontaylor - Yup...hopefully.
    Yup...this is still the 80s...going into the 90s.
    She's sensing that they have something special together...and hoping...that she'll be asked soon. :D
    Mayumi will probably be incandescent with rage - all her plans...gone in a flash.
    Yep...Vita I think only has the evil trait. Mayumi on the other hand has both the evil and the mean-spirited trait. So she is twice as mean as Vita Alto and more vicious and conniving. I don't know if you remember a certain section of my story in Chapter 2:
    If anything could be said that described just how vitriolic Mayumi was, it was whispered around Sunset Valley that even Vita Alto, the town's defacto evil hag, was slightly afraid of what Mayumi Chikamori could do. Completely narcissistic, vengeful, self-serving and hateful were some of the more colourful nouns used to descripe Mayumi.
    That pretty much explains the reason why Mayumi is worse than Vita Alto. All Vita Alto wants is power. What Mayumi wants is power and to warp the hearts and minds of the youngsters in Sunset Valley, hence the reason she went into Education. A whole townful of her minions is what she wants and that's where she's worse than Vita.
    I'm glad that you feel that way. It means I'm doing my job correctly in making Mayumi out to be a completely reprehensible character. :D:mrgreen: and if readers are hoping for her demise...well... :rubs hands in fiendish glee:
    You'll probably love the next section. :D
    bekkasan wrote: »
    @Nikkei_Simmer Wow...what an emotionally draining chapter! I was waiting for several someones to grab her arms and toss her out of the house on her bum! :grin:

@bekkasan - :D:mrgreen: It was certainly draining when I wrote it (had to change it a bit from the section I had originally written since my game decided to take this in a completely different direction than originally planned. :mrgreen: I take certain sections from my own experiences and meld it into the story. As @DivaDoodle said, it was a catharsis of sorts.

Oh...I have something a bit more painful than that devised. :mrgreen:
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    Finished day 2 in Riverview a bit ago. Some familiar faces will pop up on this next update and also Irene will have her birthday. I’m going to try and at least play through Day 3 tonight so I’ll get her birthday played.
  • Options
    Screenshot-137.jpg
    Ryan: Meeting will only be a few hours, Wilson will take good care of
    you.
    Linda: Fine, I'll stay here.
    Ryan: Thank you.

Screenshot-138.jpg
    Linda: I'm so bored...let's go explore!
    Agent Peter: No, you are to stay put.
    Linda: Ugh...do you all really have to be up my behind 24/7?
    Agent Wilson: Naturally.That's our job, to annoy you.
    Linda: You really are something..XD

Screenshot-139.jpg
    Linda: Oh paparazzi....

Screenshot-144.jpg
    Linda decided to make a spectacle of herself and started shouting
    random nonsense.

Screenshot-145.jpg
    Agent Wilson: She's over there...but you might not be thrilled to
    see what she's doing.

Screenshot-143.jpg
    Ryan: Oh, maker, please tell me she's not attracting cameras.
    Agent Peter: She is indeed.
    Agent Wilson: I'll take care of her.

Screenshot-146.jpg
    Ryan: Are we having fun yet?
    Linda: We sure are...
    Ryan: Stop it.
    Linda: Oh you're so boring.
    Ryan: And this comes from the lady who reads a book about
    plants at a festival.
    Linda: Fair point.

On an end's note:

Screenshot-158.jpg
    Anyone know what these weird clouds are hovering around lots?
    I can't seem to get rid of them.And I don't see a criminal lot nearby
    which is what I thought it was.
  • Options
    ChikamoriSelfacyReboot_banner.png

Generation One

Chapter Seven - "Haruo and River"

(Part Three)

Pinochle Pond

Screenshot-4.jpg
    Screenshot-7.jpg
    It was remarkable to see how much Mayumi could vent; she just went on and on as if it was her that was being persecuted and not the other way around. As it was, their day was half over...before River and Haruo managed to escape the house. Pinochle Pond was a trudge up through rolling hills and eventually they came across a clearing where they could see a nice pond or more aptly described a small lake.When they finally found a place. River hung back a moment to see her boyfriend stand there looking out at the lake; his body tense; a dark shape in the spreading gloom of the late afternoon. He was silent. She hoped that he hadn't taken offence at the venom that she'd spewed at his mother. After all, Mayumi had deserved every bit of that vitriol directed at her. In fact, River had been surprised at just how much everyone else had vented at her which had provided the catalyst for her own venting. The silence just seemed oppressive and she had to fill the void with something.
    Screenshot-12.jpg
    Screenshot-19.jpg
    River looked over at Haruo with a soft smile. "This has always been our place, hasn't it?" It was more a comment than a question.
    Screenshot-11.jpg
    "It has...", Haruo replied...causing River to sigh in relief. He wasn't giving her the silent treatment. They hadn’t discussed anything in the taxi on the way over to the pond. She wasn't sure just how Haruo would react when she'd unloaded on his mother all the vitriolic feelings that she’d been carrying around inside her at the way that Haruo was being treated by Mayumi. After a long moment, Haruo answered her, "We've been here a lot. And it seems so much more peaceful to me when we are here than at home." He looked out towards the lake, the air was still, not even a breeze to interrupt this moment as they stood contemplating the vista before them.
    Screenshot-17.jpg
    "I wish we could have this kind of feeling forever." River sighed wistfully.
    Screenshot-19.jpg
    "What you said today...to my mother..." Haruo said quietly; he didn't turn around. "You meant all of it." River wasn’t sure if the tone of his voice was flat, emotionless; all she could sense was a lot of pain coming from him. She wasn’t sure how to react to the statement. There was another long silence; a tense one as he stood there in the looming darkness, a silent figure in the gloom. She wondered if what she had said was too much but she felt that she’d needed to get it off her chest.
    Screenshot-8.jpg
    “Unless something happens to her...” he said all of a sudden startling River as it seemed that he had gone completely silent; a stone figure. “She’s always going to be around, sticking her fingers into everything that we do; trying to create havoc out of what little peace that we have. Do you really want to live like that?”
    Screenshot-15.jpg
    He turned to her and asked earnestly trying to convey the depth of his anguish at even getting River involved in the situation, "Can you think what your life would be if she decided to focus her anger out on you. She's tried to destroy me; and I can't sit by and watch her do that to you."
    Screenshot-36.jpg
    Screenshot-27.jpg
    "If she wants to do that, she's going to have to do a lot better than just taking verbal pot-shots at me. Because if she does try to come at me..." River left the rest unsaid...she wouldn't think twice about making sure that Mayumi couldn't do it to anyone else, “The best that she can throw at me, is that I’m a harlot that I’m sitting here taking your innocence...and that doesn’t bother me in the slightest.” River assured him as she narrowed her eyes, thinking just how she could make Mayumi pay for that comment. But she couldn’t think as evilly as Mayumi could. Her good nature prevented her from it.
    Screenshot-34.jpg
    "So...you're saying you wouldn't run?" Haruo asked her. The fact that Mayumi had conditioned Haruo to the point that he was skeptical of everything so that he’d question if River would stand by him in his fight against being controlled, incensed River to depths of fury she didn’t know she had against Mayumi.
    Screenshot-28.jpg
    Screenshot-44.jpg
    "Hell, no." River spat, "Why would I... Why would I abandon someone I love to her tender mercies just because she's a controlling 🐸🐸🐸🐸 who can't understand the limitations that most civilized people live under...who doesn't know where proper boundaries are and shouldn't have been let out of the insane asylum? Why should I foresake the man that I love just because of some little 🐸🐸🐸🐸 like that?" River's emphasis on the word tender was absolute dripping sarcasm. "I'm no weak wall-flower, Haruo. If she wants a fight, she's got one on her hands..."
    Screenshot-50.jpg
    Screenshot-40.jpg
    Haruo looked absolutely flabbergasted with a small hint of a smile playing about his lips; the lips that River wanted to kiss at that very moment, "Well, gee, um, River...why don't you tell me how you really feel?" he asked. They both snorted with laughter.
    Screenshot-54.jpg
    Screenshot-55.jpg
    "Thanks for sticking up for me, after she hit me..." Haruo acknowledged River's role in the whole "dump on Mayumi" day that they'd had... "in answer to your statement earlier..." he did a deep dive back to the first statement that she'd made after they got there. I wish we could have this kind of feeling forever making River have to think hard to remember what had been said, "Me...too..." he whispered, his warm breath on her lashes, as River and he stepped into each other’s arms in a tender embrace, “I love you, River, sweetheart...”.
    Screenshot-62.jpg
    "I love you too..." River said looking up at him. "...oh so much...". Their lips met in a tender kiss that seemed to make time stop for the both of them. River had her fingers running through Haruo's hair as they tightened their embrace. Their kiss deepened into a much more passionate one as River pressed her body into Haruo's as they hungered for each other's caress.
    Screenshot-67.jpg
    Screenshot-68.jpg
    ...and upon release ended up scratching her arm...
    Screenshot-60.jpg
    "🐸🐸🐸🐸...no-seeums." she muttered, "This is what happens after dark, the mosquitos and bugs eat you alive.” she swatted away a few more flying insects from a cloud of them. But a much more serious conversation ensued as their discussion turned towards the future. Their plans in the immediate future was to travel and see new places, but what sort of travels that the two of them planned and where they might go.

"I've always wanted to further my kung fu and eventually get my black belt." Haruo stated. "So I guess Shang Simla is also on the list." He grinned.
    Screenshot-81.jpg
    River nodded then gave him a poke, "And you...have to teach me kung fu too."...along with a sweet smile with each punctuated soft poke on you, teach, kung-fu and too.
    Screenshot-79.jpg
    Screenshot-84.jpg
    "Yes, Ma'am". Haruo stepped back and gave her a salute along with a straight face but a merry twinkle in his eyes while River laughed. But a cloud passed over his countenance as he looked away for a brief moment.
    Screenshot-86.jpg
    Screenshot-87.jpg
    "What is it? Love...". River asked. "Is there something wrong?"

Haruo sighed and for a long moment he gazed at the lake. Then startling River, he asked, "what do you think of my mother? He looked at her.

River was taken aback by the question.

"Just tell me the honest truth." He said.

"You really want to hear my honest opinion on her?" River asked.
    Screenshot-93.jpg
    "Trust me," Haruo said, "Your opinion is probably not something you haven't heard me mutter under my breath about her myself." His gaze continued to look out towards the lake...not meeting her own.

River stood for a long minute trying to think of a diplomatic way to couch her opinion of that insane old bat that was Haruo's mother. She turned the problem of doing so around in her head in multiple directions: upside down, at various different angles and side ways...but ultimately she failed; a look of disgust on River's face told everything about in how much esteem she held Mayumi. Simple was best: "To tell you the god's honest truth, sweetheart, I think she's a total narcissistic self-important 🐸🐸🐸🐸 who thinks that everyone in the entire world is at her beck and call." She paused for a moment. "I know that she doesn't think I'm good enough for you and frankly, she hates my guts." She said, a wry grin and a little bit of evil merriment in her eyes.
    Screenshot-94.jpg
    Screenshot-96.jpg
    Haruo raised one eyebrow and nodded as if to tell her to continue.

"And frankly, as long as I can be a thorn in her side, by loving you, that'll give me absolute pleasure in putting one over on that hag." River stated, an malevolent smirk on her face as she just absolutely reveled in the idea. "Just watching her squirm, when I kiss you is the highlight of my day in 🐸🐸🐸🐸 her off."
    Screenshot-97.jpg
    Screenshot-98.jpg
    That elicited a laugh out of Haruo; and it was a cue for him. He turned to her and said, "Well, I'm sure she's going to get one hell of a coronary out of this...then."
    Screenshot-101.jpg
    Screenshot-133.jpg
    Not expecting that response out of her frank disclosure of how much she hated Mayumi's guts, River looked at Haruo, jaw open. Haruo had dropped to one knee reaching into his pocket and said, "How would you like to go on 🐸🐸🐸🐸 my mother off to no end for the rest of our lives?" He grinned up at her, a questioning look on his face, with an expectation of a reply.
    Screenshot-134.jpg
    "What?" River had a dawning realization of what was happening.
    Screenshot-135.jpg
    Screenshot-136.jpg
    "River; you've been my friend; my best friend in the world for the past eighteen years. Through every stage of life we've been together. And I have had the most wonderful times in my whole life just being with you. You've made me more complete than I ever could have imagined." He said, reaching out to hold her right hand. We were friends all through high school, when I had tough times you were always there by my side. We found out that we cared about each other more than friends and that we wouldn't be complete without the other as we go into our lives as young adults trying to find our way and what our path in life is. We've confessed to each other that we love each other. Now, River Annette McIrish, will you do me the honor of joining your life with mine; to walk life's road together?" He lifted the box, opening it to expose the diamond engagement ring.
    Screenshot-137.jpg
    Screenshot-138.jpg
    River held her hand to her mouth in shock; she hadn't expected this at all, at least not this quick. But in a split-second, she knew what all these years together meant and the future of her life was kneeling before her holding out what she had wanted in her life for all these years. Her companion of eighteen long years, her boyfriend and the love of her life had just asked her to marry him and to become his wife.

River rarely ever got emotional, but this was absolutely overwhelming. She knew that she loved Haruo and that he loved her but she wasn't expecting to find him moving from boyfriend/girlfriend status to engaged fiancé/ fiancée status that quickly. She was floored and happy and tearful at the same time; hell with happy; she was ecstatic.
    Screenshot-141.jpg
    Haruo was waiting and starting to worry when River enthusiastically started repeating, "Yes, yes...yes, I will...". Haruo then removed the ring from the box and slid it on the fourth finger of her left hand giving it a brief tender squeeze when he was done. "Oh, my God, is this really happening...?". River exclaimed as she looked down at the ring on her finger. "Am I...?"
    Screenshot-142.jpg
    Screenshot-145.jpg
    "No...you're not dreaming this..." Haruo reassured her, "it's one hundred percent real."
    Screenshot-152.jpg
    Screenshot-158.jpg
    River threw her arms around Haruo and gave him the most passionate kiss to date that she could have ever given him. And they held that kiss for as long as they possibly could; as snugly as possible, just drinking in each other's presence.

"Tell me I'm not dreaming this..." River said, still emotional, with happy tears running down her face, "I'm engaged, I really am engaged." She stared at her left hand hoping that the ring wouldn't disappear off her finger if she blinked. It didn't.

She clung to Haruo just basically babbling anything that came to mind as he whispered sweet "I love you" repeatedly in her ear and they lip-locked repeatedly to reassure each other that they had just taken the most significant step in their relationship that they would ever take at least until the marriage bed and having children.
    Screenshot-161.jpg
    Screenshot-163.jpg
    Screenshot-164.jpg
    Haruo couldn't look at River without wanting to kiss her. And well River was quite willing to accommodate that desire since it fed directly into her own desires. Of course she cursed the fact that they were reliant on oxygenation via their nostrils as she felt nothing more than to want to stay in Haruo's arms forever and kiss for as long as possible. Well love was an addiction, so they said and River and Haruo couldn't get enough of it. Especially now that River had said yes and they were betrothed.

How long had it taken to get to boyfriend/girlfriend and now with a herculean leap they just went from that to engaged to be married in the space of a few months but deep down, River knew that Haruo loved deeply and didn't want to let a chance like this get away. She was also overjoyed at the fact that they were going to spend the rest of their lives together. As much as she hated to admit it, she felt that she wasn't as pretty as some of the other girls in school and to have her best friend who'd been with her for so long fall in love head over heels with her was just the icing on the cake.

He was silent about their relationship for so long over the years that she was afraid that she had been relegated to friend status only. Their heart to heart had really cemented their feelings for one another and opened up the both of them to this relationship and its possibilities and now the budding flowers had bloomed. River sighed as she snuggled into Haruo's embrace, 'Together, forever'; she thought. 'It would be everything' she dreamed of, '...and more'.

They spent several hours just drinking in the ambiance of Pinochle Pond and just enjoying each other's company; most of it being spent in each other's arms; nuzzling and just being as close to each other as long as possible

(End Part Three)
    GYZ6Ak9.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top