Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cerrydd's buildings - Sulrise & Hungry Hungry Hipsters

Comments

• Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    It is gorgeous! Lovely architecture, stunning interiors and beautiful landscaping! Well done! Will be adding to my favourites when I visit the gallery. :D
  • Options
    masajomasajo Posts: 6,011 Member
    Chalet du Laerbeek is a stunning build, love the roof structures and the Tudor style. Fabulous interiors and beautiful landscaping :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    CerryddCerrydd Posts: 471 Member
    Vihisha wrote: »
    WOW what a pretty build! This must have taken u quite some time! What did u use 2 make that roof decor w/the hanging light @ the top of each peak!? It is awesome =) Your pool is so so nice....I'd like 2 take a dip!!! =)

Do you mean the rounded lines and stuff? That's all roofing :D same thing I used in other builds. Thank you!
    RyeCris16 wrote: »
    Châlet du Laerbeek is very gorgeous Tudor-styled home! :smiley:
    I like your architecture, so beautiful, so MOOtastic, and awesome roofing work too! Great work with the porch area and even the balconies. Your landscaping is very adorable! I like how you did a fencing and used a chimney as a fence post out front. Your lake is very lovely too! And your interior, beautiful! So many details and full of charms!
    I love it! I already added this to my faves! :smiley:

Thank you Rye! Happy you like the chimneys, I've been wanting to use that for a while, I thought it would fit here!

And thanks Rose, Bry, Cath, Yanti and Masajo! I always appreciate all your comments :)
    What have I been up to lately? Cerrydd / #cerrydd in the gallery
  • Options
    Finished my very first entry for BuildnShare :D A duplex for two sets of twins, each have their own style. Shared backyard with a pool :)

tumblr_nomgg1Vkf01s873l7o3_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nomgg1Vkf01s873l7o1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nomgg1Vkf01s873l7o2_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nomgg1Vkf01s873l7o5_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nomgg1Vkf01s873l7o4_1280.jpg

I've named it Pas de Deuxplex and costs $151,970. Gallery link here.

Not the most interesting thing I've done, but it was fun to do! I was happily building away until I suddenly realized I had to stick to a budget. Ended up cutting out a lot of stuff, but hey, I managed to stay $30 under the budget! :D
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Pas de Deuxplex is a very nice home! :) The name of it great! Very nice exterior of the home! It looks nice how you have done the roofing over the double front door area, and have placed a plant between the doors. The yellow flowers look pretty along the front edges of the home. Very nice upper balconies! The planter boxes look nice how you have placed them along the edges of the balcony walls. The stone and wood texture of the exterior of the home looks nice. It looks very nice how you have placed the windows in the build! The car ports on either sides of the build look very nice! It looks great how you have corners of hedging in the front area of the build. Very nice pool and outdoors living patio! The design of it is so very nice! The outdoors living and dining area with the flower covered trellis over the top of it looks so very nice! It looks very nice how you have placed it in the middle of the pool and have the nice water fountains on the side of it! Sims will enjoy sitting on the sofa and armchairs with the nice sight of the water fountains to see whilst they are resting and chatting there. They will enjoy sitting at the table eating meals they have cooked on the BBQ, enjoying the outdoors air. The floor paving is nice. It looks nice how you have the open areas for sims to enjoy sitting on the pool edge. Nice gardening nook area for sims to enjoy growing plants in the garden boxes. The sims will enjoy sitting around fire chatting, telling stories and toasting food. The outdoors areas are very nice! Very nice furnishing and layout of the interior of the homes! The blue and brown colour scheme of one of the homes and the green and brown colour scheme of the other looks very nice. Very nice design of the kitchens! It looks very nice how you have placed the kitchen cabinets, and the bar stool and sink counters look great! Very nice wall dining area. The pictures on the dining walls add a nice touch for sims to see when eating their meals. It looks very nice how you have placed the photos on the walls either sides and above the TVs in the homes! The photos look very nice above the tables in the alcove section near the dining areas! They add very nice personal touches to the homes! The yellow flowers look sunny and nice on the table in the home with the green coloured walls, and the yellow flowers picture on the bedhead wall is nice for sims to wake up to in the mornings. The corner shelves with the books on them in the blue coloured room looks very nice! It looks very nice how you have placed the plants and flowers on the tiered level table in the green living room!
    The build is very nice! :)
  • Options
    RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    Going to catch-up your latest build before the earthquake.

Pas de Duplex is very amazing! :smiley:
    I like your architecture, very rustic, wooden, and fantastic structure and roofing too and I also like your garage bay. Your landscaping is very adorable! I especially like your pergola with fountains. Lovely garden out front and back too! And your interior, awesome! I like your use of different furnishing styles per unit.
    I love it! I alread added this to my faves and best lucks for Build n Share! :smiley:
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • Options
    Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    Great layout for your Pas de Duplex! I love the outdoor features and the interior is beautifully done!
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
  • Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    Pas de Deuxplex is Gorgeous, Tiki! Lovely layout of both the interior and exterior. The backyard is lovely! Love the way the pool is separated by the pretty covered patio and water feature. Good luck with your entry! :)
  • Options
    masajomasajo Posts: 6,011 Member
    Stunning build, fabulous landscaping and fantastic layout. Best of luck in the challenge :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    agusiamalagusiamal Posts: 294 Member
    I've seen only the duplex for now. But I swear someday I'll catch up with the rest o:) Pas de Deuxplex is lovely! The alcove with the pool is just amazing! Good luck! :)
  • Options
    It is simply fantastic! :D I am loving the design! Great roof work! Love the outside entertainment area! Great place for the simmies to hang out. Will be adding to my favourites when I visit the gallery. <3
  • Options
    superbibi11superbibi11 Posts: 486 Member
    Amazing job with the duplex! It's something new, very original, with a very functional design. I'm not a fun of fake car parks, but these totally suit with the whole house. I'll be download it in the game to see more details. Good luck in the challenge! :)
  • Options
    Ginzu19Ginzu19 Posts: 239 Member
    I love this last house, the terrace by the pool is terrific!
  • Options
    kameliaxxxkameliaxxx Posts: 132 Member
    Hello @Cerrydd ♥ lovely creations♥. Amazing interior, garden - beautiful
    Sorry that I can't write more but my English is practically nonexistent.
    Hugs <3
  • Options
    leelujackleelujack Posts: 384 Member
    All your builds are beautiful :) love the shape of your entry for BuildnShare goodluck!! Studio for my Simself has a very creative shape and the inside is wonderful!!
    4s4partypalacewin.jpg

My Gallery Link

._.·´)¯)£è룵(¯(`·._.

• Options
    Pas de Deuxplex is Gorgeous, Tiki! Lovely layout of both the interior and exterior. The backyard is lovely! Love the way the pool is separated by the pretty covered patio and water feature. Good luck with your entry! :)

Tiki? When did I turn into a redhead? :p Thank you Cath!
    rosemow wrote: »
    Pas de Deuxplex is a very nice home! :) The name of it great!

Haa, so lovely you noticed the name! I was patting myself on the back for coming up with it :D Thank you for your comment dear Rose!
    Amazing job with the duplex! It's something new, very original, with a very functional design. I'm not a fun of fake car parks, but these totally suit with the whole house. I'll be download it in the game to see more details. Good luck in the challenge! :)

Thank you! I actually took the idea for the exterior design from a very old WIP that I never finished. I thought it would look better if I turned it into a duplex. So glad it worked out :smiley:

Thank you Rye, Tiki, Masajo, Agusiamal, Yanti, Bibi, Ginzu, Kamelia and Leelujack for all your sweet comments! So fun to read the lovely comments on the pool area, that was another idea from another old WIP, I'm happy I was finally able to put it to good use :D
  • Options
    Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
    Love the under 50thousand homes. :)
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »
    Congratulations on Pas de Deuxplex being favourited by Maxis! :) That is great!

Thanks Rose! It was an unexpected surprise :smiley: I see it was @yanti68 who recommended this build, so thank you Yanti for considering this one for a nomination! :star:

Thanks Zita, happy you like the $50k houses! :)
  • Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    OMG, Cerry!! I am SO Sorry! :flushed: I must have been in the same state that day, as I am in today. That is: I must have been in desperate need of more coffee :persevere: I actually just read your post like three times and Before I got it, lol! :p Very sorry for the mix up.

I'd also like to say, Congratulations on the Maxis Fave! :star::star::star:
  • Options
    Congrats on the Maxis fav! Very well deserved! Hugs <3
  • Options
    OMG, Cerry!! I am SO Sorry! :flushed: I must have been in the same state that day, as I am in today. That is: I must have been in desperate need of more coffee :persevere: I actually just read your post like three times and Before I got it, lol! :p Very sorry for the mix up.

I'd also like to say, Congratulations on the Maxis Fave! :star::star::star:

LOL, no worries Cath, don't feel bad! It made me laugh, and I consider anything that makes me laugh a good thing :D
  • Options
    Finally finished my entry for Bry's contest, after scrapping the first 2 drafts :p

Inspiration pic:
    architectimage%3Aextralargethumnail

tumblr_np8y3rwEGI1s873l7o3_1280.jpg
    tumblr_np8y3rwEGI1s873l7o4_1280.jpg
    tumblr_np8y3rwEGI1s873l7o2_1280.jpg
    tumblr_np8y3rwEGI1s873l7o1_1280.jpg

3 bedrooms with ensuites, a study, a lab and a pool. Managed to sneak in a few ideas from old WIPs, like the water feature at the pool and the use of these squared windows as fencing. I initially used those windows on my balconies in my gallery, but it looked too messy for my taste. Fits much better here! Hip to be Square is built on a 30x20 lot for $237,969! Gallery link here.

Also created a family for this, to make furnishing the home a bit easier:

tumblr_inline_np8xx4ZZZD1rhdtka_540.jpg

They have a couple of skills and jobs, Louise is a level 7 scientist and Marvin is a level 6 detective. Gallery link here.

Nearly 6 AM now, I'm off to bed... :p
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Hip to Be Square is a very nice home! :) The exterior of the home looks so very great! It looks so great how you have used the square glass windows ! The placement of them looks so very nice! The layout of the build looks so very great! Very nice outdoors areas! The chequered flooring and glass cube water fountain feature in the front of the build looks very pretty! The trellis covered pool area is very nice! The waterfall going into the pool is very nice! It looks nice how you have done the glass pillars and the green crystals look nice on the wall table ledge!Very nice outdoors cooking and dining area for sims to enjoy cooking meals on the BBQ and eating the food at the dining table in the sunshine. Sims will have fun playing on the monkey bars, or enjoy sitting on the stools having a drink from the bar and a chat. The flooring pattern looks nice. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The layout of the home is very nice! The green colour scheme of the home looks so very nice! Very nice living room! It looks very nice how you have placed the sofas there. Sims will enjoy sitting there relaxing watching TV. The angled glass box on the coffee table is a nice touch. It looks very nice how you have placed the blue and white counters, table and books on the sides of the TV! The paintings are nice on the wall either side of the TV for sims to look at when sitting there. It looks very nice how you have placed the photos of the sims on the side wall! They look great! The glass cube side table next to the sofa is a nice touch. Very nice design of the kitchen! It looks very nice how you have placed the green and white kitchen cabinets! The island sink, stove and bar stool counter is very nice! The mugs set, knife block and hanging pans are nice kitchen touches in the room. Very nice window dining area! Sims will enjoy the sunshine coming in through the windows whilst eating their meals. The blue colour of the dining seats looks nice with the glass table. It looks very nice how you have placed seating around all the sides of the table. The glass cube with the crystal on top is a nice touch on the table. The wooden flooring through the rooms looks nice. Very nice study room! The curved study desk counter is very nice! The windows in the middle of the counter looks great! Sims will enjoy sitting on the stools using the computer or having a read of a book. The crystals are a nice touch in the alcove in the room. It looks so very nice how you have done the bedhead area in the master bedroom! It looks so very great! The shelving alcoves look nice, and the enlarged clock looks great! The floor rug pattern under the bed looks great! The kids bedrooms are very nice! The pictures on the study desk wall in the girls bedroom looks very great how you have placed them there! It is great that you have a science lab in the home with the microscope and chemical analyser. The floor rug patterns through the home look very nice!
    The layout and furnishing of the interior, and the design of the exterior of the home looks so very great! :)
  • Options
    Your Henley household of sims that you have created to live in the home are very nice! :) They will enjoy living in their very nice home! It is nice that Louise and Martin are in the scientist and doctor careers. Louise will like having a science lab in her home.