Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cerrydd's buildings - Sulrise & Hungry Hungry Hipsters

Comments

• Options
    masajomasajo Posts: 6,011 Member
    Lovely to see you back Cerrydd, wonderful pics of France, this is such a beautiful Country. I get huge building inspiration every time I visit France, hope you did too, looking forward to seeing your next build :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    CerryddCerrydd Posts: 471 Member
    My Newcrest neighbourhood is finally done! :) Glad I can finally cross these off my list and focus on new things... or old WIPs :P

To give you an idea what inspired me: on our way back from Fontainebleau to our hotel near Paris, we drove through this little street. Stone, stone and more stone, and the houses are very simple. There are plenty of these kinds of buildings throughout France, but this was the moment that made me look at the navigation screen to memorize the town's name, so I could Streetview it for inspiration when I got home. I couldn't gawk for too long at the time, since I was the one behind the wheel :p

I decided to try and fill an entire neighbourhood with stone houses. A few 'rules' I set for myself:
    - Obviously, STONE! I wanted the entire exterior to be stone. It was hard to resist the temptation to add a little wood or something else to break up the monotony :D I also wanted each build to have a different type of stone.
    - Keep the architecture simple. Most of those houses that inspired me are just rectangular boxes with a roof. I couldn't help but add more flair here and there, but overall, if you'd strip the builds I made of all the flowers and decoration, it's pretty bland looking.
    - I wanted the houses to look different, but still similar enough to not make one stand out too much.
    - Plenty of shutter windows
    - Dormers
    - Since I hate garden gnomes, those poor buddies get ignored in most of my builds. I decided to add a random gnome to each build, except the starter. Who's gonna spend money on an ugly gnome when you're already living on a small budget? :p (or perhaps I just forgot about it... *cough*)
    - No strict budget, but I wanted each build to appeal to a different price range.

Since this page is already swamped with pics, I don't want to burden it too much. I'll post exterior pics and refer to the accompanying Tumblr post for a taste of the interiors and layout :)

The northern neighbourhood in Newcrest was the lucky one:
    tumblr_nx5kk7K2ca1s873l7o3_r1_1280.jpg
    The starter neighbourhood in Willow Creek has the same amount (and same-sized) of lots, so the builds can be placed there as well, except the 40x30 one will have to be rotated. I personally prefer the surroundings in the Newcrest neighbourhood over the ones in Willow Creek.

I was too lazy to give each build a unique name, so they're all called Stonemaison with a number :D. Stonemaison is of course a combination of the English word 'stonemason' and the French word 'maison', which means house.

tumblr_ny71zclhkv1s873l7o3_1280.jpg

Stonemaison 1 is the starter of the series. At $17,589, there's nothing noteworthy going on inside, merely the basics to get a family started. I ended up with a lot of blue in this one. It has 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom, built on Comfy Cubby.
    Tumblr link
    Gallery link

tumblr_ny726tOlXD1s873l7o1_1280.jpg

Stonemaison 2 is an affordable little home with 2 bedrooms and 1.5 bathrooms. This one got a red theme. Since I didn't restrict myself to a specific budget, I was very surprised to see this one ended up so cheap, even with the pool :# $50,288 and it's built on Oak Alcove.
    Tumblr link
    Gallery link

tumblr_ny72hvkwSY1s873l7o3_1280.jpg

Stonemaison 3 is the most 'complex' one when it comes to the shape of the building. The interior has a lot brown, yellow and orange. It has 3 bedrooms and 2.5 bathrooms, a study and a pool in the backyard. It costs $83,750 and is built on Beech Byway.
    Tumblr link
    Gallery link

tumblr_ny72qo9eDl1s873l7o3_1280.jpg

Stonemaison 4 is another 3 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms home, but this time with a green theme to it. It features a study, formal dining room and the master bedroom has an ensuite bathroom. This one got a free pond in the backyard instead of a pool, because I thought it would become too pricy otherwise. It costs $106,579 and is built on Fern Park.
    Tumblr link
    Gallery link

tumblr_ny732ovIb41s873l7o4_1280.jpg

Stonemaison 5 is much bigger than the rest. I envisioned it as an old farm, which has been renovated, with the old 'stables' converted into more living space. I considered turning this into some sort of public lot, but decided to just go ahead and make it another home. As opposed to the others, this one doesn't have a specific colour assigned to it. The interiors are considerable more modern though. Aside from 5 bedrooms and 4.5 bathrooms, it has a study, sauna, a garage as hobby space, and a backyard filled with fun, with a pool, BBQ, bar, hottub and firepit. It costs $205,522 and is built on Midtown Meadows.
    Tumblr link
    Gallery link

Et voilà, c'est tout! I hope you like it, and that a sim family can live a happy life in one of them :)
    What have I been up to lately? Cerrydd / #cerrydd in the gallery
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Each of the Stonemaison homes are so very nice! :) They will be such a very nice neighbourhood of homes! The exterior designs of each of them look so very nice! The dormers and the flower box windows look so very pretty! The flowers and plants in the outdoors areas look so very nice how they are placed in the builds! Very nice roofing on each of the homes. The stone textures of the exteriors looks very nice. The open shutter windows look very nice in the builds. Each of the homes look uniquely very nice and at the same complement with each other. The name Stonemaison as a combination of the French and English words is a nice touch.They are such very nice homes! :)
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    Your stone series builds are picture perfect! So full of character and so charming! Already added all of them to my favourites. <3
  • Options
    RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    Love the whole series of Stonemaison! :smiley:
    The starter looks very beautiful! Very detailed 2-bedroom build with an awesome under 18K price! WOW! :o The second one looks charming! I like on how you managed to keep the budget price with a pool! Love the rich red interior as well! The third one looks spectacular, specially the roofing! A very perfect home for a legacy family! The fourth one also looks very charming! Love the green color scheme! A perfect home for Sims who love living on farms. And the largest one is one of my favorite among this series! I love modern styles and you captured it perfectly! Very sleek and elegant interior design!
    I already added all of these to my faves! Very awesome work! :smiley:
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • Options
    masajomasajo Posts: 6,011 Member
    Wow, your Stonemaison series is absolutely stunning, the builds are all so unique and equally beautiful, fantastic work :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    Laaaaate reply, but thank you Rose, Yanti, Rye and Masajo!

I hope everyone had some happy holidays, and I wish everyone a very happy new year! Better late than never eh :p

I'm regaining loooots of free time (and less money) again soon, so I hope to catch up on other threads in the near future :# (until I go on vacation.......again.....)
  • Options
    Well hello, I live! Doing a quick drive-by to dump my last builds. It's been so long! Quit my job in January, then my laptop broke... then I went on vacation, and now I just started my new job. No longer have to get up at 4 AM and it's a lot less tiring... so hopefully I'll have more energy left for TS4! :D I promise to make my rounds soon, I missed this game, but I missed this community and its creativity more :D (though there are still other games to play ;) )

Most of the following builds are old WIPs that have been in my library forever. They either had to be finished or deleted before I start anything new, because it's so annoying to see all the unfinished work. I have to admit that these are a lot less polished and more rushed than usual, but I just had to get these out of my system. Like last time, I'll post the exterior shots for a quick view with a link to the tumblr post, in case you want to see a bit of the interiors.

Onwards...

tumblr_o648clXpXi1s873l7o1_1280.png
    Firmament is a starter home, built for Windenburg on a 20x20 lot. Building diagonally still annoys the hell out of me, but it does make it look interesting. It's got 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom and costs $16,672.
    Tumblr
    Gallery

tumblr_o648lz6MB31s873l7o4_1280.png
    Old Smithy is another starter for Windenburg. At $17,224, it's more expensive than Firmament and it only has 1 bedroom and 1 bathroom. *internally crying that we're STILL not getting ground tiles/textures that actually connect to the surrounding pavement :'( *
    Tumblr
    Gallery

tumblr_o65kp9nGzn1s873l7o3_1280.jpg
    Whiskey in the Bar V2.0! From the moment I saw Windenburg, I knew I wanted to update this old bar of mine. It got a facelift with new wall coverings, front terrace has been changed slightly, and the interior now contains pub games and a room for a club.
    Tumblr
    Gallery

Those builds are relatively new. Now we get to the really old ones... :#

tumblr_o65isxVkW71s873l7o3_1280.jpg
    Red Red Glühwein was an old build for BnS, in which we had to create 3 homes made from containers. I was unable to finish them in time and within budget. I turned the first cottage-styled build into a starter, Strawhead Cottage. The second one had to be a chalet-styled home on a 40x30 lot, and that's the build you're looking at now :) It looks best in Granite Falls.
    Tumblr
    Gallery

tumblr_o649g68Y5Z1s873l7o3_1280.jpg
    The third container build had to be a shed-style home with a glam interior, consisting of 6 10x4 containers on a 50x40 lot with a $100,000 budget. I remember this briefing very well, because it was the one I had the most trouble with! I came up with this build, but it was obviously way too small to fit on a 50x40 lot, unless I wanted to torture myself by doing a ridiculous amount of landscaping. I did like the shell, so I never deleted it. It's now finished, called Jubel, and is a relatively cheap family home, costing only $56,251 on a 30x20 lot. 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms, I don't think I've ever built anything cheaper. Sadly, the large cabinet next to the fridge seems to disappear when placing it. That's what I get for not testing it enough... it can be easily placed without MOO though.
    Tumblr
    Gallery

tumblr_o65jtu0pkn1s873l7o2_1280.jpg
    When the shell for Jubel turned out too small, I decided to go for a bungalow, covering more ground with actual building. It was still too small, and hard for me to finish within the budget. I made it even smaller and it's now Shed My Skin, a 2 bedroom, 2.5 bathroom home on a 30x20 lot. It contains some paint-by-reference paintings, containing some architecture photography I did myself long ago. It was supposed to go into my museum, but I thought it fit well in this interior :) While building it, the diagonal entrance reminded me of a veeeeeeeeery old WIP though...
    Tumblr
    Gallery

tumblr_o65ievk0Js1s873l7o2_1280.jpg
    Red Red Line is ancient. I'm not kidding. Okay, ancient is a bit of an exaggeration... but it's really old. I remember reporting about height-adjusted MOO'd items dropping when changing wallpaint. It's that old. Also, the fountain in the backyard? I used it for Hip to be Square. It's that old. :# (BTW, Hip to be Square has been completely obliterated. Placing it now means a lot of windows go missing, which pretty much destroys the whole build. BOO! I should probably take it down.) This build is also what made me request being able to extend the roof eaves further. According to the Build Mode Feedback thread, I made that request over a year ago. IT'S OLD! And I got SO CLOSE to deleting it altogether, but I got too far to really get rid of it. Figuring out the landscaping, especially the front, drove me crazy. Red Red Line is now a 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms home on a 40x30 lot for $190,891.
    Tumblr
    Gallery

tumblr_o64a4pQElb1s873l7o2_1280.jpg
    Loosely Lawnless is another abandoned BnS project. IIRC, it had to be a praire style home. No idea if this fits the bill, it ended up looking like some kind of desert ranch :# The family who requested it was a couple with kids adopted from all over the world, and expecting another baby. They wanted warm colours and items that reminded of the kids' heritage. Or something. I failed to stay within budget (like always :P ), so I initially scrapped it, but finished it anyway, since it's a type of architecture I hadn't collected yet. It has 4 bedrooms and 3.5 bedrooms. It also has a nursery, which could be changed into another bedroom. It costs $118,062 and comes on a 40x30 lot. I totally forgot to test the yoga mat in the backyard. Sorry if it doesn't work. XD
    Tumblr
    Gallery

tumblr_o65k7vtvUa1s873l7o3_1280.jpg
    And finally, another unfinished BnS build. It was supposed to be a low country cottage, but it ended up as some kind of beach home. I just really wanted to give the yellow roofing a try. Got lazy with the landscaping, so just added a lot of water. It does fit the home anyway :D Summer Skin has 4 bedrooms, 3.5 bathrooms, costs $159,800 and uses a 40x30 lot.
    Tumblr
    Gallery

What a relief to finally get rid of the 10000s of versions of these WIPs. The only WIP left I should finish someday is the museum. The exterior looks fine, the ground floor looks fine... just need to figure out what to do with the first floor, which will contain the actual art :# I have a lot of cat paintings, but they look too realistic and out of place. Maybe I should just stick to original paintings in the game :#

Anyway, can't wait to catch up with everyone. This time FOR REAL! :star:
  • Options
    Hello :)
    It is great that you have finished your WIPS :) Each of your homes and the bar look so very nice and great! Very nice exterior designs of each of therm! They are all uniquely different types of builds and all look very great!
    I hope that your new job continues to go well :)
  • Options
    GirlseyeGirlseye Posts: 25 Member
    OMG, I love all you works, excellent exterior design!
    Especially the red&white one, Is that roofs? What a creative idea!
  • Options
    RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    Welcome back, dear Cerry with your builds! :smiley:
    It's great that you finished several of your WIPS! I particularly love Red Red Lines, love how you did with roofing pieces forming a stripe! I will download this build too! I also love the remodel of your Whisky in the Bar, love how you polished perfectly with Get Together items. :smiley:
    Just keep up the great work, hope to see you again soon! :)
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    WOW! Great to see all your new WIPs! You have been busy! Love all of them! They are all so diverse and are equally beautiful! The starters looks so pretty and I love the price too. The modern with the diagonal roof looks so interesting! Well done! Looking forward to the finished builds. <3
  • Options
    A very belated THANK YOU for all the comments since my last post! I can't believe it's been 2,5 years since then. Time flies when you're having fun, and also when you're busy! I'm still gaining followers and downloads, even though I'm barely uploading anything. I pretty much disappeared, and am just doing another drive by to post my latest builds to get this thread up to date, before dropping off the grid again :wink: There just aren't enough hours in a day, I really miss gaming as much as I used to.

Anyway, I do try to fiddle around in build mode every now and then, when the mood strikes me and the time allows it. My latest ones:

tumblr_p5pohh1S6m1s873l7o2_1280.jpg
    Contemporary Cat Lady is a build I did after we got Cats & Dogs. I'm a bit of a crazy cat lady, so I just had to create a small house my Simself would want to live in. It's a 1 bedroom, 1.5 bathroom home on a 20x20 lot and costs $39,680.
    Tumblr
    Gallery

tumblr_pascvv2U7b1s873l7o3_1280.jpg
    Lovebird is a build I did when I discovered that the roof eaves can be extended a bit more. Playing around with the colours was fun. It's a 3 bedrooms, 3.5 bathrooms home on a 30x20 lot and costs $109,634.
    Tumblr
    Gallery

tumblr_pasrt4C7sD1s873l7o2_1280.jpg
    Privacy Schmivacy is a starter I built after we got the glass roofs. Roofs are still tricky to work with though, it took a bit of time to get it to look the way I wanted to. However, I didn't have Seasons yet when I made this, and one of the comments told me that it gets wet inside when raining :neutral: So it's pretty much useless when you have Seasons. It's a 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom starter built on a 20x20 lot and costs $18,471.
    Tumblr
    Gallery

tumblr_pivfrbbLcM1s873l7o2_1280.png
    New Light is another starter home. One I built after getting Get Famous and the new terrain tools. I'm very happy we finally got terrain tools, but wow, I find them quite hard to work with :D It's going to take a lot of time for me to really figure it out. A 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom starter built on a 30x20 lot and costs $17,183.
    Tumblr
    Gallery

tumblr_pivgkuGeTW1s873l7o3_1280.jpg
    Sonne is the result of me trying to build an affordable family home. I still find it very difficult to build something with a limited budget and still make it look like something I actually like the look of :p The interiors are quite sober to keep the cost down and landscaping is lacking :p It ended up a 4 bedrooms, 3.5 bathrooms home on a 30x20 lot and costs $39,520.
    Tumblr
    Gallery

tumblr_pjjat4V0tp1s873l7o2_1280.jpg
    The Eatery was an ancient WIP. I started this one in 2015 and based the exterior on the town hall building from the game Banished. Back in 2015, I wasn't entirely sure what to make of it, because it didn't look like a home. I figured a restaurant would be a good destination for this one :) While playtesting this build and having my Sim run it, I was amazed that people would choose to sit outside in the pouring rain and thunderstorms! The restaurant serves very simple meals and looks great in Windenburg on a 30x20 lot.
    Tumblr
    Gallery

tumblr_pjjc1aE8qY1s873l7o2_1280.jpg
    Into The Fold was another ancient WIP from 2015. Back then, this was supposed to become a retail store, selling all the career related objects, so Sims who don't want to cheat could still get those items. The exterior looked a bit artsy, so I decided to make it a museum. It also fits the criteria for an arts center, cafe and lounge, so if you don't need another museum, just change the lot type :) It uses a 30x40 lot.
    Tumblr
    Gallery

That's it for now :) I'm so happy to see people are still building and playing, and this game still getting love from the devs with updates and stuff! A bit early, but I wish everyone the happiest holidays and a splendid new year! Maybe I'll be back in 2020 :D
  • Options
    Each of your builds are very creatively great! :) The exterior design and layout of each of them looks very nice! The roofing is very architectural creative! It looks great that the Contemporary Cat Lady Home is shaped like a cat! It is a nice variety of homes and community venues that you have posted. It is great that you are still building when you have a little bit of free time.
    I hope that you also have a very nice Christmastime and a special start to the New Year of 2019 :)
  • Options
    @rosemow, it's so wonderful to see you're still around to spread joy and positivity, replying to pretty much everything and helping and encouraging simmers all over the world. You are a lovely person and every single comment you leave, be it here or elsewhere, always warms my heart <3

Adding my latest upload to the thread:

tumblr_pma1nbzKWf1s873l7o3_1280.jpg
    The Mullet is my entry for Build 'n Share challenge #112. Business in the front, party in the back! A duplex home for identical twins Phoebe and Freya. Each home contains 2 bedrooms with ensuite bathrooms and a hobby room. The balcony and backyard are shared and feature a pool, bar and BBQ. The homes are nearly identical, the only differences are the hobby rooms and slight variations of colour in the interior. It's built on a 40x30 lot and costs $112,569.
    Tumblr
    Gallery
  • Options
    The modern exterior design of The Mullet is very nice! :) The colour scheme used both for the exterior and interior looks great! It looks great that the two homes are mirror images of each other. It looks great the way the ledging has been used. Very nice pool, outdoors living and dining and bar patio! The Sims will enjoy swimming in the pool and enjoy sitting on the stools having a drink from the bar. They will enjoy eating meals at the dining table in the outdoors air, and enjoy sitting resting on the sofa and ottomsn stools chatting, The type of trees and flowers there complement well with the design and style of the build. Very nice furnishing and open plan layout of the interior of the homes! The windows bed area in the bedroom is very nice and light filled for Sims to enjoy waking up to sunshine coming in through the windows. Very nice windows nook area where they will enjoy looking out through the windows at the views whilst using the video station.
    The homes are very nice for the twins! :)
  • Options
    Thanks again @rosemow <3

New upload:

tumblr_pms82rQhiD1s873l7o3_1280.jpg

Marrymakers! My entry for Build ‘n Share #113. A romantic getaway for under $35,000. Black & red. Petals, candlelight, a hot tub, a pool… Marrymakers should provide everything needed for some merrymaking. It has a living room with a fireplace, kitchen, bedroom with full glass roof to enjoy the starry nights, a balcony with hot tub, back porch for some romantic outside dining and a pool. Oh, and a bush, in case the bed and hot tub become too boring ;) Placed on the Mid-Nowhere lot in Windenburg, a beach is nearby and plenty of nature around. Distance to the neighbours should be far enough, so hopefully the newlyweds can enjoy some privacy.
    Tumblr
    Gallery
  • Options
    Very nice exterior design of MarryMakers! :) The curved roofing and glass roofing is very nice! Very nice red and brown colour of the exterior. The wooden texture is homely and warm. The hearts are a very nice romantic touch on the exterior wall, and the front flower bed is very pretty! Very nice design of the rose bushes feature in the backyard ! The greenery and pink flowers look pretty on the exterior of the home! Very nice upper deck roof covered hot tub area. The flower petals there are very pretty! Very nice outdoors dining area for Sims to enjoy a candlit dinner in the evening air. Very nice layout and furnishing of the interior! The red and white colour scheme is very nice. Very nice sofa seats sitting area in the living room for chatting near the fireplace.
    It is a very nice home for Valentines Day! <3
  • Options
    Thank you very much @rosemow :smiley:

I'm currently working on a house for Brindleton Bay. I made it way too large. I got 6 bedrooms to furnish even though I still don't enjoy interior design :D The non-matching colour swatches of furniture are also getting more and more annoying. So hard to find furniture from different packs to look good together. Oh well, I'll survive and hopefully I'll have a new build up in the upcoming days :)
  • Options
    Well, here it is.

tumblr_pn5812rlN81s873l7o3_1280.jpg

Burgundy Bay has 6 bedrooms with ensuite bathrooms, a study, storage/washing room, music room, balcony, a greenhouse, gardening space, flower arrangement shed and a pool. I hope I'm not forgetting anything :p I finally managed to limit myself to a few packs. This build uses items from Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Get Together and Laundry Day.
    Tumblr
    Gallery
  • Options
    The exterior design and the layout of Burgundy Bay is so very nice! :) The red and white colour scheme is so very nice! Very nice tower and dormers roofing! The flowers and plants look so pretty along the edges of the home! Very nice pool and outdoors living patio. Sims will enjoy swimming in the pool, or sitting resting poolside on the seating. The gardening nook is very nice for Sims to enjoy growing plants in the gardening boxes and using the bee boxes. It is nice that there is a greenhouse where Sims can enjoy doing flower arrangements. Very nice furnishing and layout of the interior! The colour scheme is very nice. Very nice fireplace sitting area for Sims to enjoy relaxing near the fire watching tv and reading books.
    It is a very nice family home! :)
  • Options
    Thank you very much @rosemow ! Always a pleasure reading your comments :)
  • Options
    I currently have 5 WIPS going at the same time :o Can you tell I've had a week off from work? :D 4 of the WIPS are new, 1 is an older one I started when Get Famous came out. 2 are pretty much finished, just need to finish another one since it's sort of a 'trio', so I can upload them all at once. Sadly, the start of the workweek is getting closer and closer, so I hope to keep the creative juices flowing long enough so I can at least post some new builds in the upcoming week :)