Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cerrydd's buildings - Sulrise & Hungry Hungry Hipsters

Comments

• Options
    masajomasajo Posts: 6,011 Member
    Noobcrest is a very beautiful build with awesome roofing, great interior design and gorgeous landscaping :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    Montana0624Montana0624 Posts: 46 Member
    Noobcrest looks great! It's so cool how you made it diagonal, I'd never think to do something like that.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Hello! :) Happy belated birthday! I read about your birthday in ryecris16's thread! I hope that you had a very nice day!
    These are some cakes left from your birthday party :)

sgVcX1G.jpg?1
  • Options
    CerryddCerrydd Posts: 471 Member
    edited July 2015
    Thank you Masajo and Montana! :)

And thank you too, Rose! It's always nice to survive another year ;)

I saw a request for a grocery store a while back and I decided to take it. Building a supermarkt has been on my imaginary to-do list since GTW released, because I've spent plenty of time working in supermarkets. It was fun to build, and a bit frustrating at times, because I ran into so many routing issues and Sims showing weird behaviour at times (walking through walls, circling through shelves, while still whining about not being able to reach stuff, LOL).

tumblr_nqs5qi4jB21s873l7o1_1280.jpg

Exterior is very straightforward. I had some fun with the paint by reference feature to include a shopping cart sign!

tumblr_nqs5qi4jB21s873l7o2_1280.jpg

The supermarket has a few different departments, and is currently selling fruits/vegetables, some baked goods and cakes, fish, upgrade parts and books. The regular fruits and vegetables are of perfect quality. The staff area is upstairs, with a break room, lockers, two offices and a meeting room. The 'for sale' tags on the flowers don't seem to survive the gallery process, so those would have to be set for sale in game.

tumblr_nqs5qi4jB21s873l7o3_1280.jpg

I tried to keep everything as realistic as possible. I paid extra attention to my surroundings while doing grocery shopping the past weeks, and came to the conclusion that supermarkets are actually extremely uninteresting on the inside :p The only thing I'm missing is a cheese/meat department, but there aren't any sellable items I could use for that. Simoleon Supermarket uses a 40x30 lot and costs $302,829 (though the gallery doesn't add the cost of the paintings, so it should be a bit higher). Gallery link here!

Hope you enjoy it :)
    What have I been up to lately? Cerrydd / #cerrydd in the gallery
  • Options
    SpecterCodySpecterCody Posts: 602 Member
    That supermarket is just perfect! great work on it :smile: It feels very authentic and high quality which is important to me.
  • Options
    Simeleon Supermarket is very nice! :) It looks very realistic in both it's exterior design, and the layout and furnishing of the interior! The roofing looks great! The awnings are nice touches in the build. It looks great how you have used a supermarket trolley sign in the build! The car parking spots and the enlarged vehicles look great! The street lamps with floral hanging baskets are pretty for sims to see when they come to visit the supermarket. Nice seat bench sitting areas outside the supermarket for sims to enjoy resting there watching other customers coming to buy products there. It looks nice how you have used in the pillars in the front of the build. Very nice layout of the interior of the store! It looks very nice how you have set up the different departments! The fruit and vegetables look very nice how you have placed them on the counters, shelves and pedestals! The fruit pictures look great on the nearby walls to suit the theme of the area! Very nice bakery areas ! The wall tiling looks nice. The cake pictures are nice touches on the wall. The flowers in the florist area look very pretty how you have placed them there for sale. The heart teddies look cute there too! It looks very nice how you have set up the counters to reflect a real life cash register area! It represents it well! It looks great how you have created the larger table in the staff meeting room! The combined seating on the sides of the table looks great! The plants are nice touches on top of the table. The crates in the storage area look great!
    Sims will enjoy shopping at the supermarket ! :)
  • Options
    Awesome supermarket, this looks so realistic! Excellent interior layout and design, great work :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    Great build, Cerry! I love the structure of your grocery store, and I am in awe of the painting by reference mosaic! :o Excellent layout in the interior, and I love what you did with the 2nd floor. Seems like it would be a lot of fun to play. I'm sure your requester is a very happy camper right about now. :)
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    WOW! That looks so real! :D I love it! I wish they would give us cars for sims 4 and we can make parking lots for commerical builds and build garages for residential ones. Will be adding to my favourites when I visit the gallery.
  • Options
    RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    Simoleon Supermarket is very awesome Supermarket build, :smiley: and it looks realistic too! ;)
    I like your architecture, It really reflects from a real supermarkets around! I like the mosaic you used painted by references without flagging as CC! ;) And your interior, amazing! I like on how you perfectly choose the stocks of this build! Very cool warehouse area too!
    I love it! I already added this to my faves! :smiley:
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • Options
    Thank you Rose, SpecterCody, Masajo, Bry, Yanti and Rye! Good to hear it looks realistic, since that was my goal! :# I did have to google a few images for the exterior, the Simmer who requested it gave Publix as an example, but since I live on the other side of the pond I had to figure out what supermarkets look like in the US. A bit more grand than I'm used to :D I also really wanted to add a more unique sign, the wall decals we got with GTW didn't really reflect 'supermarket' well, so I'm really happy I could incorporate something better with paint by reference :smiley:

I'm currently trying really hard to finish the three builds for BnS. I'm having such a hard time trying to stay within budget! :#
  • Options
    AmberEECAmberEEC Posts: 109 Member
    edited July 2015
    They are all so amazing! :) I wish i could build like you, all my houses turn out as boxes :p
    Is your origin ID the same as your name on here?
    Origin ID: AmberECC
    Simming since the sims 2

• Options
    Yeah, I saw that BnS challenge, and while part of me enjoyed the last container challenge so much that I was tempted, the rational part of me immediately said No Way! :p Can't wait to see what you do with it though. :)
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    @AmberEEC, thank you! I, and I'm sure many others, started out building boxes :p I didn't even build in the previous games. The build tools in TS4 are super friendly and I encourage everyone to keep trying :) It's so satisfying to see improvement! Most of my builds are very simple, Hip To Be Square for example is actually just one big box. The trick is to dress them up well so they look like they're much more than they actually are ;)

Bry and Rose, I've given up on this round of BnS! Three builds in three weeks is a bit too much, I'm a bit of a slow builder. I did like the chalet I was building, but it could look much more interesting if I had unlimited funds. Maybe I'll expand it some day :)

EDIT: actually, I think I'm going to turn the cottage build into a starter, and finish the shed-style house on a smaller lot. The shed-style gave me the most trouble, so I'd be happy to move it to a smaller lot and finish it without thinking about money :p

I also still need to finish a museum. I got pretty far with my WIP, but it looks too old-fashioned for the art I'm going to hang in there, so I'm going to scrap it and start over :#
    Post edited by Cerrydd on
  • Options
    Hello, long time no see! After taking a break from TS4 to recharge and play other games, going on vacation, finally finding a job (which is draining my souuuul) and starting a new year of my photography course, the copious amount of free time I used to enjoy are gone! I did get some build time in, but I haven't been around the forums much lately, which is something I hope to remedy soon. I did check out some of the shinies builders have uploaded in the meantime, but I want to take some proper time to comment on stuff, so I promise I'll visit some other threads soon. Work is just so exhausting, all I want to do when I get home is change into my pyjamas and relax :s But hey, at least I'm making simoleons again :p If only we could motherlode ourselves to richdom in real life...

I've been working on something of a series. I was inspired by all kinds of stone houses I came across during my latest trip in France, so I'm trying to fill one neighbourhood in Newcrest with homes with a stone exterior. Four of them are near completion, just need to figure out what I want to do with the fifth one. Then again, many of my WIPs end up in Unfinished Limbo, so we'll see how that goes.

In the meantime, I managed to sneak in an entry for the latest Build 'n Share.

tumblr_nvtt0j0VLd1s873l7o1_r1_1280.jpg

It's a 1 bed, 1 bath starter with pink and brown colours. I struggled with the budget as usual, it costs $18,499. When you add the lot price, it totals up to $19,999, which is $1 shy of the budget we got. Gallery link here!

And now it's off to bed, lest the alarm clock will prove insufficient tomorrow. I hope to catch up with other simmers soon :)
  • Options
    Hello :) It is great that you found a job. I hope that you are settling into the new work well, and that you are enjoying doing your photography course. Your homes for Newcrest sound great! I will look forward to seeing them.
    Pink Brownie Starter is very nice! :) The pink and brown colour scheme of the exterior of the home looks nice. Very nice exterior design of the home! The roofing looks very nice! Nice upper balcony patio for sims to enjoy sitting resting on the seats there looking out at the views. It looks great how you have done the front steps up to the entrance area with the two colours . The enlarged stones and plants feature in the front and back areas of the build look nice. Very nice layout of the interior of the home! The pink, brown and white colour scheme looks nice. The floor rugs patterning in the living room looks very nice!
    It is a very nice starter :)

• Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    Nice to see you, Cerry! Love your new avi! She looks very scholarly. :smile: Congrats on the new job and I know just what you mean about the exhaustion thing...hopefully you will get used to it soon and feel less tired. Don't feel bad about the forums. I don't even have an excuse and I find I'm having trouble keeping up all the time. :persevere:

Pink Brownie is Adorable! Love the design and color choices for both the exterior and interiors. Good luck in the challenge! :blush:

France! Lucky you! Can't wait to see all your new homes! Have fun with your photography course and try not to work too hard. :p<3

• Options
    Very lovely build! I love the architecture! Fantastic price for a starter home. Will be adding to my favourites when I visit the gallery. <3 Great to see you found some time for building again. Hope real life becomes less stressful and busy and hope you find more time to build. Good luck Cerry! :)
  • Options
    Fantastic modern design to your new starter, love the colour combo and the balcony looks gorgeous. Best of luck in the challenge :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    It's good to see you back, Cerry! I hope that while your new job is draining, it is fulfilling too; those simoleans can't hurt! :D I'm looking forward to your Newcrest series, and I think your Build 'n Share entry is quite cute. Good luck in the challenge. :)
  • Options
    RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    Great too see you again, Cerrydd and congrats on your new job! Hope real life won't stressed you and keeping well! Looking forward to your Newcrest neighborhood, the idea looks very interesting! ;)

Pink Brownie is very fabulicious starter home! :smiley:
    I like your architecture, the pink and brown really makes it very yummy feel! Love the cantilevered feel and awesome roofing too! Your landscaping is very pretty! Love how you fully landscaped this lot, although, I had an issue doing landscaping on my BnS build. *sigh* but oh well! And your interior, so cute! Love how you used pink and brown color, it really complicates each other in your build!
    I love it! I already added this to my faves! :smiley:
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for the comments and well-wishes! Finally doing my round on the forum. I really shouldn't take such a long break again, all the yellow markers with '206742 new' is so daunting :o Slowly getting there though! There's just so much to catch up on, and I can only see X amount of builds until my fingers start to itch to get back into the game :D
    France! Lucky you!

Lucky me? Nah, you didn't miss anything.

11887833_10153226965298515_6676257730029260420_n.jpg?oh=73bc114f299e48ff607fa24747c28bc5&oe=56CA71BA
    11888043_10153226968863515_7518806052013390430_n.jpg?oh=835150f68383e7f3baf3cd09da9b1acf&oe=56C2F549
    11898830_10153226969378515_1871940293297563912_n.jpg?oh=72e07d0212992392702e146114e3b656&oe=56CE3557
    11885326_10153226969468515_7395478648696333107_n.jpg?oh=ddf5139599305135e17804af3c8fced6&oe=56AFE40D
    11915109_10153230975288515_5372452679455743845_n.jpg?oh=466c1a3db97f0b7039a81325b69cc4ec&oe=56D158E7
    11905393_10153233647408515_2008128807282366520_n.jpg?oh=f71dee37d9316c1e5d5387de6cf4c807&oe=56C7E3FB
    11218468_10153236480803515_6849519562041708351_n.jpg?oh=86587a44f3a8501306ab29290fe54362&oe=56B5F807
    11905405_10153236480608515_1271590675110476839_n.jpg?oh=1cb42a378d3b5e667901e9421a7d66d3&oe=56CAE2E6

See? :p

I wonder when we'll get more info and screenshots about the new world we're getting with the next expansion. The third picture I posted kind of looks like Windenburg :p
  • Options
    The pictures of the French architecture look so very nice! :) The buildings look so great! You would have enjoyed looking at these buildings, and gaining inspiration from them to try to make sims game versions of them! It is very nice seeing the pictures of the buildings. Thankyou for sharing the pictures. The third picture does look like the buildings from Windenburg. The Simgurus have said that more info about the EP will be released this week. I am looking forward to learning more details! :)
  • Options
    Welcome back Cerrydd! :) Love the pics of your trip to France! Looks amazing! We have visited that monastery in the middle of the Island too. There is something fairytale about that place! I am looking forward to more info about Windenburg too! It has been so long we had something new in the game. :)