Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cerrydd's buildings - Sulrise & Hungry Hungry Hipsters

Comments

• Options
    gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    Excellent build @Cerrydd . Very creative use of moo. I can certainly see the influence of your inspiration pic.
  • Options
    BaasPetBaasPet Posts: 98 Member
    Great build! I really like what you did with those squared windows. :)
  • Options
    kameliaxxxkameliaxxx Posts: 132 Member
    Very nice creation and very creative, good job ♥ The decoration is amazing!!^_^!!
    Sorry that I can't write more but my English is practically nonexistent.
    Hugs <3
  • Options
    leelujackleelujack Posts: 384 Member
    Hip-To-Be-Square Is amazing!!! so creative its beautiful.I love it inside and out <3 very inspiring :)
    4s4partypalacewin.jpg

My Gallery Link

._.·´)¯)£è룵(¯(`·._.

• Options
    Chris2fer03Chris2fer03 Posts: 650 Member
    Oh my goodness, Hip To Be Square is stunning, so creative and I love the exterior! So many windows and the effect they create, amazing! Wonderful job with the interior as well, I'm speechless. :)
    Gallery ID: chris2fer03
    ~Showcase Thread~ ~Photobucket~
    ophze_zps7vbzpsi9.gif
  • Options
    RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    Hip to be Square is an excellent build! :smiley:
    I like your achitecture, especially the MOO'd windows and even the skylight. It really reflects from the inspiration very well! Your landscaping is very adorable! I especially love the fountain out front and even the green waterfall in your pool area. And your interior, cool! B) Very refreshing green color scheme and so many clever ideas too!
    I love it! I already added this to my faves and nomination for Maxis' fave! :smiley:
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • Options
    BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    Now that the contest is over, I'm trying to catch up at last on the forum threads! I'm here, of course, to compliment you on your latest, but before I get to that, I also wanted to let you know how much I liked Pas de Deuxplex when I saw it a while back. I thought that your outdoor dining room was such a lovely spot with all of that dappled shade from the leafy cover and the fountains welling up in the background. I also thought you did a really good job of differentiating your interiors for the challenge and yet making both sides appealing. Love the personalized touches with the family pictures!

Now, on to your Hip to be Square build, which is quite frankly a masterpiece. :o The exterior architecture is so inventive with the way you used the windows (and knowing how they like to snap to walls, I can imagine how difficult it was to place them); every angle was interesting for the eye. Your fountain in front was very inventive with the way you used the GTW displays, and it probably goes without saying that I loved your water feature in back; such a very clean, modern way to design it and so smart to recess that surface. Loved the alcineat columns too (and use of it throughout the build). And the interior, I could rave over it for days. So many inventive touches, and you worked that green - it didn't work you! :D I am so happy you persevered on the build (I can't believe you scrapped two builds first! :s ) and entered it into the contest - I felt like a very lucky host!
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • Options
    CerryddCerrydd Posts: 471 Member
    RyeCris16 wrote: »
    Hip to be Square is an excellent build! :smiley:
    I like your achitecture, especially the MOO'd windows and even the skylight. It really reflects from the inspiration very well! Your landscaping is very adorable! I especially love the fountain out front and even the green waterfall in your pool area. And your interior, cool! B) Very refreshing green color scheme and so many clever ideas too!
    I love it! I already added this to my faves and nomination for Maxis' fave! :smiley:

Thank you so much @RyeCris16 for the recommendation, it means a lot! :smiley:

@BryonyRae, thank you very much for the huge compliments on both builds! The contest briefing was quite daunting at first, doing a 4-story residence is something I'd never do (and never again :D, unless we get appartments working). I lack a certain vision, I have to get pretty far into a build until I can finally see "nope, this isn't working for me". The second build I started already had a fully furnished living/dining/kitchen and master suite before I bulldozed it :D It wasn't a complete waste of time though, I did get some ideas which may be useful for future builds! I was so happy when I finally found this inspiration pic which got me started again. Third time's a charm ;)

As for the windows, placing them was really hard and frustrating... at first. I'll let you in on a little secret :p : build walls, place the windows with MOO on, delete the walls. Voilà, perfectly aligned windows! Once I figured that out, it made my life a lot easier. The rooftop windows were the hardest, since I couldn't draw walls there.

Thanks Rose, gmcrozier, BaasPet, Kamelia, Leelujack and Chris2fer! Very happy you like it, and very happy it won, too! :)
    What have I been up to lately? Cerrydd / #cerrydd in the gallery
  • Options
    Aha! That's a good tip, thanks. :)
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • Options
    superbibi11superbibi11 Posts: 486 Member
    Hip To Be Square is an outstanding job! The exterior is so impressive! And the forniture is so ingenious! I love the choice of colours. Amazing job!
    And congratulations on winning the contest! (I agree with you: placing windows on the walls and then deleting the walls it's so gratyfing :tongue: )
  • Options
    Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    Cerrydd wrote: »
    Pas de Deuxplex is Gorgeous, Tiki! Lovely layout of both the interior and exterior. The backyard is lovely! Love the way the pool is separated by the pretty covered patio and water feature. Good luck with your entry! :)

Tiki? When did I turn into a redhead? :p Thank you Cath!

LOL, if it's any consolation, I am not even a redhead myself! I am a brunette! My avi was one I created when Dragon Valley was released made to look kind of like Merida from Brave. :)

NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    Very creative build! <3 I love the architecture! Love what you did with the glass windows! The interiors looks fantastic too! Loving the colour combos. Congrats on winning the contest! WOOT! WOOT! :D
  • Options
    yanti68 wrote: »
    Very creative build! <3 I love the architecture! Love what you did with the glass windows! The interiors looks fantastic too! Loving the colour combos. Congrats on winning the contest! WOOT! WOOT! :D

Thanks Yanti! ^^
    rosemow wrote: »
    Congratulations on Riddles being featured by Maxis! :)

Thanks Rose! I went through the recommendation thread to see who nominated it, but I couldn't find anything. Quite a surprise, though I do hope it wasn't a misclick on Maxis' part :p
  • Options
    masajomasajo Posts: 6,011 Member
    Many congrats on Hip to be Square being a winner, this is a wonderfully creative build and very worthy of it's place. I am in awe of incredible detail of this build, both inside and out :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    masajo wrote: »
    Many congrats on Hip to be Square being a winner, this is a wonderfully creative build and very worthy of it's place. I am in awe of incredible detail of this build, both inside and out :)

Thank you very much for your sweet comment, Masajo! :)

I don't think I've ever finished a built this fast, but I completed my entry for BnS #21 :) I chose the under $40k single home on the new 40x20 lot. After my Riddles/Selamat Pagi/Brightness builds, which were all under $50k, I figured it would be a good challenge to see if I could shave off another $10k. It was really hard... thank the gods for free debug items, which at least gave me some free fencing! :D

tumblr_npwrhxuxWk1s873l7o2_1280.jpg
    tumblr_npwrhxuxWk1s873l7o3_1280.jpg
    tumblr_npwrhxuxWk1s873l7o1_1280.jpg

Noobcrest (dumbest name I could come up with, LOL) has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. I didn't want to add a pool, because they're expensive, but I couldn't help myself. It functions as a pool and a fishing spot :D It did leave me with even less funds for the interior, but everything works and sims should be able to lead a happy life in here. It costs $37,439 and uses the Sandy Run lot in Newcrest (total cost $39,939). Gallery link here! The chess pieces and planks I used as fencing don't seem to have any collision boxes, so you'll see sims walk right through them. Looks a bit silly, but just pretend they're jumping over them :p

I used an old starter WIP for this, and rebuilt it diagonally. I don't use diagonal walls enough, I should remedy that :D
  • Options
    TheGreenLionTheGreenLion Posts: 1,635 Member
    edited June 2015
    You have been really busy Cerry! I love the quirk in Quirk (I know, cheesy), great way to use the roofing and love the angles! :)

And darn it, you made my poor brain remember that song with Zig-a-Zig Ahh, lmao! The architecture is quite wonderful and I like the profile of the zig-zags, it's a stylish modern! :)

Congratulations on winning Bry's challenge with Hip To Be Square (thank you, now I can forget the Spice Girls) and holy windows Batgirl! :D That looks really cool, Great use of the cubes as well, the new fencing over the pool looks awesome too! Pretty cool that you made a family to go with it. :)

Noobcrest, oh that poor house! :p That is really neat how you used chess pieces and planks to make the fence! Where do you find those anyway, I feel like I'm missing some super awesome secret. :o

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Noobcrest is a very nice home! :) Very nice exterior of the home! It looks very nice how you have built it diagonally on the lot. The roofing is so very nice! The windows look very nice how you have placed them on the front part of the roofing and it looks very great how you have used the sides of the roof to create a very nice art nook balcony area! Sims will enjoy painting on the easel there, whilst looking out at the outdoors views. The brick texture of the exterior looks nice. The curved roofing looks nice over the front door and the pegs look great there! Very nice pool area! The flowers look pretty around the edges of the water. It looks very nice how you have done the angled front gates! Nice gardening area for sims to enjoy growing and harvesting plants in the garden boxes there. The fencing around the edges of the lot looks very nice! Very nice backyard area! Sims will enjoy sitting at the umbrella covered table, having a chat in the sunshine. It looks nice how you have placed the flowers around the edges of the table area. Child sims will have fun playing on the monkey bars. Very nice layout and furnishing of the interior of the home! The photos on the bedroom and living room walls are nice personal touches there. The brick texture of the living room wall looks nice. Nice TV watching nook corner. The wall paneling in the bedroom looks very nice.
    The home is very nice :)
  • Options
    agusiamalagusiamal Posts: 294 Member
    Hip to be Square is great! The indoor design is just perfect! In the Noobcrest I just love the angled shape! It's so complicated and has a great roofing! Bravo! :)
  • Options
    RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    Noobcrest is very cozy and gorgeous cottage for Newcrest! :smiley: Very awesome name too! ;)
    I like your architecture, the diagonals are amazingly done! Very clever fencing too and even even the enlarged chimney. Your landscaping is very adorable! Beautiful lake and even the patio area. And your interior, beautiful! Lovely color scheme and it's on a perfect budget. Very well done!
    I love it! I'm not sure if I already faved it, but if not, I'm adding this to my faves! :smiley:
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • Options
    I think you did a great job on that contest build, Cerry! So very clever to save $ and set up a very good looking fence via debug objects! I see that plank served you well in several places. :) I like that you situated the home on an angle, and I always love to see the sim created paintings! What did you wind up doing with them in terms of the cost? I didn't see BnS ever answer the question on their thread, so it seems like you could just go with the Gallery cost...
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    Such a cute home! <3 I am loving the slanting design! The garden looks adorable too with the little play area for children. Good job! Will be adding to my favourites when I visit the gallery. :D Congrats on the Maxis fav! Very well deserved! :D
  • Options
    Noobcrest, oh that poor house! :p That is really neat how you used chess pieces and planks to make the fence! Where do you find those anyway, I feel like I'm missing some super awesome secret. :o

Thanks TGL! The planks and chess pieces are (free) debug items from bb.showhiddenobjects! You should check all those items out if you haven't yet, I'm sure you could use some of them in nifty ways in a future build ;) (debug objects transfer to the gallery now, not sure if you missed that during your absence :p )
    BryonyRae wrote: »
    I think you did a great job on that contest build, Cerry! So very clever to save $ and set up a very good looking fence via debug objects! I see that plank served you well in several places. :) I like that you situated the home on an angle, and I always love to see the sim created paintings! What did you wind up doing with them in terms of the cost? I didn't see BnS ever answer the question on their thread, so it seems like you could just go with the Gallery cost...

Thanks Bry! I thought it was funny when you commented on Noobcrest in the gallery, about knowing what my favourite debug objects are. I fell in love with those planks while working on one of my abandoned WIPs for elevate :D I didn't use paintings in this one though, they're all photos. I thought it would be better to stay on the safe side with the budget and go for the cheaper alternative. On a slightly related note, thanks again for the tutorial for the painting by reference stuff! I've been painting a lot in preparation for my museum. Cat paintings are done >:) I'm really happy it works without getting flagged as using CC :)

Thank you Rose, Agusiamal, Rye and Yanti!

Currently have a few WIPs in the works, not sure which will get finished first, or if any of them get finished at all :D I'm sure I will finish a new museum though, I've been having so much fun creating paintings from pictures I've made :)