Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cerrydd's buildings - Sulrise & Hungry Hungry Hipsters

Comments

• Options
    ToxicBlueToxicBlue Posts: 66 Member
    Your gallery is absolutely gorgeous! I love the outside and the lines you have built, it looks great! My sim is an artist and her daughter has taken up photography so I will download this and start a family business! It's perfect! :)
    Untitled%202_zps45hg4xod.png
  • Options
    Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
    WOW very nice new additions <3
  • Options
    RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    Cerry's Gallery is very amazing! :smiley:
    I like your architecture, very adorable wall patterns and great roofing work too! Very nice photo display outside and I like your MOO'd landscaping too! Your interior is very cool! I like the use of colors and so many awesome photos in here!
    I love it! I'm not sure if i already faved it, but if not, I'm adding this to my faves! :smiley:
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • Options
    BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    Finally got a chance to check out your Gallery in game, Cerry. Love the crisp, modern exterior and the bright, clean interior. I especially loved browsing through all of your photos and paintings. There's nothing like that personal touch to make a space really stand out! And I even think that most of them placed as you intended. :D
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    Both the library and the art gallery looks stunning! Loving all the details! Great job! Have to add them to my favourites. :)
  • Options
    Ash072Ash072 Posts: 1,324 Member
    Awesome gallery! It's so vibrant and full of life! I'd love to take my family there to get photos in real life. I think even the most stubborn child would find it hard not to smile when they're in a place like that! :smile:
    5sXtTqH.png
  • Options
    CerryddCerrydd Posts: 471 Member
    ToxicBlue wrote: »
    Your gallery is absolutely gorgeous! I love the outside and the lines you have built, it looks great! My sim is an artist and her daughter has taken up photography so I will download this and start a family business! It's perfect! :)

That's awesome! I hope your sims can turn a good profit in there :) I had quite a bit of fun playtesting this! Much more than playtesting actual homes :p

Thanks SpecterCody, Rose, Masajo, Zita, Rye, Bry, Yanti and Ash! So glad you enjoy it :)
    What have I been up to lately? Cerrydd / #cerrydd in the gallery
  • Options
    I've wanted to do an affordable home for a long time now. Ever since MOO, it's hard to restrain myself and the price of my builds rarely stay under $100,000. I did have an affordable WIP which was nearly finished, but the last patch messed it up so I had to come up with something new. I figured, why not challenge myself to do not one, but multiple affordable homes in different styles? :p I wanted each of them to be single story homes, because I tend to build multiple levels. I wanted each of them to have a pool. And I wanted them to be somewhat of an upgrade from a starter, so slightly better furniture (fridge, tv etc). My original goal was to stay under $40,000, but that was a bar set too high. Or too low, in this case :p Maybe in the future, but for now, I've got 3 homes for under $50,000 to present :)

tumblr_nnbwaxqCQD1s873l7o1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nnbwaxqCQD1s873l7o2_1280.jpg

I came across this gif on the interwebz, and instead of watching the kangaroos, I was watching the house in the back.

nAvcTAe.gif

I loosely based the front on that building. It's called Brightness, costs $40,879, uses a 30x20 lot and has 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom. The garage has a workbench and can be used as a hobby room. Gallery link: http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/A129EB6CEAC111E48383780525D3AA9B

tumblr_nnbwgg2JUI1s873l7o1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nnbwgg2JUI1s873l7o2_1280.jpg

I really wanted to use the new window from GTW under a rounded roof... so I did :p This one is called Riddles, costs $46,951, uses a 30x20 lot and has 2 bedrooms and 1.5 bathrooms. It has a separate dining area. Gallery link: http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/B49A4F03EAC111E483A8780525D3AA9B

tumblr_nnbwlq6KLb1s873l7o2_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nnbwlq6KLb1s873l7o1_1280.jpg

Aaand this one has more Asian influences. I've named it Selamat Pagi, costs $43,695, uses a 30x20 lot and has 2 bedrooms and 1.5 bathrooms. The living room is slightly sunken. The pool in the back as a tiny waterfall. Gallery link: http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/8BC2684EEAC111E48360780525D3AA9B

Overall, I'm very content with how these 3 turned out :smiley: I still find it hard to create decent looking things with a lower budget. Major props to anyone who manages to achieve it! :)
  • Options
    VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    -Brightness is a very nice rendition of the "video/pic" u had! I really like the entryway walk path
    -Riddles I like how u set up the back area w/the pool. The floor plan is very realistic
    -Selamat Pagi has a nice Asian/Modern feel...very cool! I like all the landscaping u did

All 3 houses r very nice...ESPECIALLY w/those price tags! Nice work!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Each of the three homes are very nice! :) It is great that you have been able to build and furnish them for under 50,000 ! Brightness is very nice! You have reflected well the inspiration home! The flowers look nice either sides of the front footpath. Very nice wraparound porch! Very nice pool and outdoors dining areas on the porch! Sims will enjoy cooking meals on the grill and eating the food in the sunshine at the stone textured picnic table there. They will have fun swimming in the pool or sitting resting poolside on the seats. The garage is great! Sims will enjoy doing crafting on the woodwork table there. Very nice layout of the interior of the home. The corner TV watching nook is very nice! Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the sofas watching TV. It looks nice how you have angled the TV into the corner and placed the pear picture behind it.
    Riddles is a very nice home! The curved roof dormer and planter box window looks very nice! The left and right hand side front curved flower beds look so pretty! The awnings over the front door, and the stone and wooden texture of the front exterior of the home looks very nice! Very nice back pool patio. The birdbath amongst the flowers is a nice touch there. Very nice layout and furnishing of this home too. The stone wall textures fireplace armchairs sitting nook is very nice, as is the study desk alcove! The gnome is cute on the fireplace ledge.
    Selamat Pagi is very nice! The Asian style roofing is very nice! Very nice wraparound porch! The rocks lining the front footpath look nice. Very nice pool patio! It is nice that you have a rock waterfall going into the pool. The plants and trees look very nice how you have placed them on the edges of the pool area. Sims will enjoy dining outdoors at the picnic table, looking at the nice waterfountain.It is nice that you have sunken living room.
    The outdoors paving that you have used for each of the homes is very nice!
    The three homes are very nice. :)
  • Options
    Ash072Ash072 Posts: 1,324 Member
    @Cerrydd - Great homes and great idea with putting the limitations on yourself for creating a challenge! I think you did great on all three home and I will also say that kangaroos always seems to be fighting in my neighborhood as well. :smiley:
    5sXtTqH.png
  • Options
    masajomasajo Posts: 6,011 Member
    Lovely new homes, it always amazes me what can be done on a low budget and it certainly is a tough challenge. Really love the roof design on Selamat Pagi, it looks very impressive :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    kameliaxxxkameliaxxx Posts: 132 Member
    What a lovely Estate! So fantastic,
    Sorry that I can't write more but my English is practically nonexistent.
    Hugs <3
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Your three new budget homes are very amazing! :smiley:
    * Brightness - Your architecture reflects from the inspiration very well! Lovely interior and color scheme. And LOL about kangaroos at the GIF. :p It's great that you focused on the house instead!
    * Riddles - Very rustic architecture, Very nice roofing, lovely landscaping out front, and cozy interior.
    * Selamat Pagi - Gorgeous architecture with Asian vibes. It's a bummer for me since I can't feel like a pagoda roof. Anyway, your landscaping is very lovely and beautiful interior too!

And overall, they're all in great price!
    I love them! I'm adding these to my faves! :smiley:
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    All 3 homes are gorgeous! Love the architecture, the roof work and the gorgeous decor! Well done! Will definitely add to my favourites! <3
  • Options
    masajo wrote: »
    Lovely new homes, it always amazes me what can be done on a low budget and it certainly is a tough challenge. Really love the roof design on Selamat Pagi, it looks very impressive :)

Thank you! I always admire great looking cheap lots, I always check your stuff and you did so many good stuff on a budget for BnS. It's definitely a struggle, but I think I'll try my hand at more cheap lots in the future. But I'm going to enjoy building some budgetless builds first :p
    Ash072 wrote: »
    @Cerrydd - Great homes and great idea with putting the limitations on yourself for creating a challenge! I think you did great on all three home and I will also say that kangaroos always seems to be fighting in my neighborhood as well. :smiley:

Haha, thanks! Fun and free entertainment, open your curtains and watch a kangaroo fight in progress :) Too bad kangaroo-country also comes with scary spiders and other terrifying wildlife... I think I'll stay here :p

Thank you Vihisha, Rose, Kamelia, Rye and Yanti! They were fun to build :smiley:
  • Options
    kezflakekezflake Posts: 124 Member
    Your lots are lovely, there is a natural airy feel to them that make them look very livable for the budget.

BTW I can completely relate when you were to busy watching the house in the background of the kangaroo clip, I've missed so much on TV as I've been too busy wondering how I would build one thing or another.
  • Options
    kezflake wrote: »
    Your lots are lovely, there is a natural airy feel to them that make them look very livable for the budget.

BTW I can completely relate when you were to busy watching the house in the background of the kangaroo clip, I've missed so much on TV as I've been too busy wondering how I would build one thing or another.

Thank you very much! And same here, I keep looking around for building ideas. If I ever crash my car, it's probably because I was distracted by whatever building I was passing by... :p

I'm currently rounding up a 2 months old WIP, I should be able to upload it tonight :smiley:
  • Options
    You are so kind Rose :blush:

I based the front on this place:

5517757.jpg
    (source)

It's apparently a restaurant named Châlet du Laerbeek. And thus, today, I present to you... Châlet du Laerbeek! :p

tumblr_nnqvzjwSX81s873l7o3_1280.jpg

It's slightly simplified. I initially had columns against every piece of wall like the original building, but it looked way too messy to me, so I limited it to certain parts of the building. During earlier versions, I kept losing columns (especially the height-adjusted ones), which is one of the reasons I nearly scrapped this one. I placed it a couple of times and it should work. Activate MOO in map view and then place it in build mode.

tumblr_nnqvzjwSX81s873l7o2_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nnqvzjwSX81s873l7o1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nnqvzjwSX81s873l7o5_1280.jpg

I tried to use a lot of wood, stone and relatively neutral colours. There are 4 bedrooms and 3.5 bathrooms in this house. The master bedroom has an ensuite bathroom. The fourth bedroom, which is not pictured, is a light blue kids room. Doesn't actually fit well with the rest, but meh, kids aren't that picky, right? :p It has a small study and a pool. Oh, and I planted four apple trees there, those poor planter boxes looked sad.

tumblr_nnqvzjwSX81s873l7o4_1280.jpg

Châlet du Laerbeek uses a 40x30 lot and costs $230,7580. It looks pretty cool as a rental in Granite Falls btw, but it was hard enough getting a decent gallery shot in Willow Creek, wouldn't want the trees of doom blocking the shot in GF. Gallery link: http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/D1B43E9BF11E11E48594CC87F435584E

Hope you like it! I enjoyed building it, once the columns got superglued :p
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Chalet du Laerbeek is such a very nice home! :) It is nice that you have based it on the restaurant of the same name. You have reflected so well the inspiration building into sims game form! The exterior looks so very nice! Very nice roofing and dormer! The way you have used the columns on the exterior to create the patterns looks so very nice! Very nice wraparound porches and balconies! The corner nooks with the flower cart and the card games table in them looks very nice! The texture of the exterior looks very nice. Very nice front entrance area to the lot! It looks very nice how you have placed the plants and rocks on the edges of the porch. The plants look very nice lining the front fence. The type of and placement of the trees through the outdoors areas looks so nice and suit the chalet theme of the build so well! Very nice covered over outdoors dining patio! It looks very nice how you have used the spandrels! Sims will enjoy cooking on the BBQ there and eating their meals at the dining table in the outdoors air. It is nice that you have placed apple trees nearby for sims to harvest fruit from to use in cooking. The flowers and rocks along the front edge of the patio look very nice! The pool area is very nice! It looks very nice how you have placed the plants, rocksand flowers on the edges of the pool. Sims will enjoy sitting on the stump seat or log seat bench poolside, enjoying the nice plants and flowers setting. It looks very nice how you have used the rounded edge windows in the build. Nice seat bench sitting areas on the porch and balcony areas, for sims to enjoy looking out at the views. The exterior of the home and the outdoors areas are very nice! Very nice layout and furnishing of the interior of the home! The living room is very nice! It looks nice how you have placed the cabinets around the TV to create an alcove! Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the sofas there, watching TV or reading a book. The plants either sides of the TV alcove and on the side table are nice touches for sims to see whilst sitting there. They will enjoy listening to music from gramophone there too, and the fireplace is great to keep the room warm. Very nice sofa seat window alcove! The curtains look very nice how you have placed them there. Very nice kitchen and dining area! The basket of eggs on the dining area wall table is a nice touch, and the type of curtains you have used there adds a nice feel for when sims are dining. The kitchen wall tiling is nice. It looks very nice how you have placed the kitchen cabinets and have the shelves with the utensils on them in between them. Very nice bathroom! The stone and wooden walls in the bathroom and the paving look very nice! It looks great how you have placed rocks beside the outdoors retreat sink and have placed toiletries on top of it. The bedrooms are very nice! The curtains look very nice how you have placed them on the sides of the double bed in the double bedroom , and the clothes shelves are nice home touches in the room. Very nice layout of the single bed room! It is nice that you hsve a piano in the room for sims to enjoy playing. The dresser and mirror nook is nice. Very nice sitting and reading window alcove in the master bedroom! Sims will enjoy the sunlight coming in onto them whilst sitting there. The pictures on the bedhead wall add a very nice look to the room. Nice study desk area in the room for sims to enjoy sitting at the desk table using the computer. The library and study room is very nice. It looks great how you have angled the study desk into the corner of the room. The bookcase nook is nice.
    It is a very nice home! :)
  • Options
    VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    WOW what a pretty build! This must have taken u quite some time! What did u use 2 make that roof decor w/the hanging light @ the top of each peak!? It is awesome =) Your pool is so so nice....I'd like 2 take a dip!!! =)
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    Châlet du Laerbeek is very gorgeous Tudor-styled home! :smiley:
    I like your architecture, so beautiful, so MOOtastic, and awesome roofing work too! Great work with the porch area and even the balconies. Your landscaping is very adorable! I like how you did a fencing and used a chimney as a fence post out front. Your lake is very lovely too! And your interior, beautiful! So many details and full of charms!
    I love it! I already added this to my faves! :smiley:
  • Options
    BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    Lovely Châlet, Cerry! I really like what you did with the rooflines and windows. Very nice landscaping and interior design too!
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    Châlet du Laerbeek is so Pretty, Cerry! The birds eye view shows the wonderful layout you designed. Love that pool! The exterior details look gorgeous and I especially like the large covered porch. Looks like THE place to be! The interior is beautifully done. It's both elegant and cozy. :)