Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cerrydd's buildings - Sulrise & Hungry Hungry Hipsters

Comments

• Options
    lovelylyssia095lovelylyssia095 Posts: 381 Member
    Your newest build is absolutely gorgeous!!
    23692626361_214389dd31_c.jpg
    Link to Showcase

Link to Gallery
    Origin id: avnewton
  • Options
    VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    What a neat idea stacking the pillars...I NEVER thought 2 do that (nor did I think it was possible) so THX 4 that...looks great! I think u did a wonderful job w/the roofing on the gazebo & the round-ish room of this build. That's pretty neat that it's an actual RL home...I wouldn't mind moving in *wink*
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    masajomasajo Posts: 6,011 Member
    Wow, In Bluem looks very majestic, wonderful roofing with the dormers. Stunning interiors, the living room is very gorgeous :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    Oh WOW! <3 Fantastic home! The architecture is outstanding! Loving the roof work and the gazebos! Beautiful garden and interiors too! Well done! Will be adding to my favourites! (*) (*) (*)
  • Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    Cerry, In Bluem is such a Beautiful build! The architecture as well as the landscaping and interiors, are perfectly executed. :) I love all the blues throughout the build and I actually *got* where you were going, with the name. :p
  • Options
    haylz18haylz18 Posts: 182 Member
    Great work! =)
    venus-and-mars.jpg
  • Options
    RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    In Bluem is very gorgeously beautiful! :D
    I like the architectural details, it reflects from your inspiration very well. Great work with the roofing, even with the octagonal ones (ugh! we really need true octagonal roofs). I also like your landscaping, the use of plants really gives more attention. I especially like your backyard area and your covered grill porch area. And your interior, gorgeous! I love the use of light colors.
    I love it! I'm adding this to my faves. :D
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • Options
    ToxicBlueToxicBlue Posts: 66 Member
    I really love your style of building! All amazing work! I'll be downloading! :) Great work!!
    Untitled%202_zps45hg4xod.png
  • Options
    BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    Cerry, I love your concept with Quirk, such a distinctive look, and In Bluem is just lovely!
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • Options
    kezflakekezflake Posts: 124 Member
    These are some amazing lots Cerrydd, and some well chosen angles for the images, just 5 more posts and i can do the same. I'm much like you and would tend to build more that play.
  • Options
    CerryddCerrydd Posts: 471 Member
    kezflake wrote: »
    These are some amazing lots Cerrydd, and some well chosen angles for the images, just 5 more posts and i can do the same. I'm much like you and would tend to build more that play.

Thank you! It's pretty funny actually, I barely touched the build tools in the previous games, I was more of a live-mode simmer back then. But times change, and build tools change too, so I'm enjoying a completely different aspect of the game this time around :)

Thanks everyone for your comments, much appreciated as always!! :)
    What have I been up to lately? Cerrydd / #cerrydd in the gallery
  • Options
    With Wednesday, I wanted to trace the outline of the home with a white line. With this build, I wanted to do something of a zigzag with a white line. (I'm not addicted to white lines, I swear!)

tumblr_nkatkvnup51s873l7o3_1280.jpg

As always, it took a really long time to settle on colours and patterns for the exterior. I decided to go for a more natural look, so I added brown to the white. Roofwork is pretty shoddy, but I wanted a brown topping to match the brown foundation. I really wish we had half-walls or paintable fences! I added lights to the white zigzags to make it stand out at night:

tumblr_nkatkvnup51s873l7o7_1280.jpg

I've kept the colours in the interior quite neutral too. I built this on the Granada Place lot, I never noticed the wonderful scenery until I was building this. It has some pretty spectacular views!

tumblr_nkatkvnup51s873l7o4_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nkatkvnup51s873l7o6_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nkatkvnup51s873l7o5_1280.jpg

I've named it Zig-a-zig Aaaahh (spice up your life ;)), it uses a 30x20 lot and costs $205,449. It has a sunken living room and kitchen, 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms, 2 balconies (one with a small pool) and there's a slightly larger pool in the back.

tumblr_nkatkvnup51s873l7o2_1280.jpg

Gallery link: http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/9B69294EBC7911E48D5C7CA2D96DEA0A

With zigazigaaaaaaaahhh done, that leaves me with this final one from that tiny batch of WIPs I posted

tumblr_njdr06bzWb1s873l7o5_r1_250.png

It may take some time to finish it though, I wanted a change of pace so I started playing something else :p but I'll be back :sunglasses:
  • Options
    VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    Another awesome looking build...the zigzag w/the lights look great in the day & @ night! The cut-out balcony/porches is niffty! Nice kitchen...I love the island counter. Fun build =)
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Zig -a-zig is a very nice home! :) The exterior design of the home with the zig zag patterns looks great! The lights look nice on the exterior. It looks great how you have combined the white and brown for the exterior. The placement of the windows in the home looks great. It looks very nice how you have done the zig zag pattern of the pool too! The plants and water fountains there look very nice! It is great that you have placed a seat bench on the front patio, so sims will enjoy sitting there looking at the sight of the pool feature. Nice curved front porch. It looks nice how you have placed the plants on the edges of the porch for sims to see when coming to enter the home. The back patio area is great! It looks nice how you have done the pool alcove there. Nice dining area for sims to enjoy sitting outdoors in the air at the table eating meals that they have cooked on the BBQ. It looks great how you have placed the hedge fencing on the sides of the patio. The home looks very nice with the zig zag pattern and the lights on in the evening picture! Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The white colour of the living room walls is nice. Very nice living room! The enlarged fruit pictures look nice either sides of the tv, and the fruit bowl on the table and the clock on the wall are nice home touches there. Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the sofa there watching tv, reading a book, and enjoying looking out at the views of the outdoors through the windows. Very nice corner study desk nook! Sims will enjoy the sunshine ciming in through the windows whilst they are sitting there using the computer. The lamp looks great in the staircase nook. Very nice light filled kitchen! It looks great how you have the open kitchen windows for sims to look out through whilst preparing meals. The island counter is great. The hanging pots, the wall pans and the tea pot are nice homely touches in the room. The bedrooms are very nice! It looks great how you have placed the counters and bookcase behind the angled bed in one of the bedrooms. The flowers on the tables in the room are sunny for sims to see when laying in bed. Very nice balcony art nook! Sims will enjoy painting on the easel in the sunshine thrre, enjoying the nice touches of the green plants there. The panda lamp looks cute on the bedside table between the kids beds! Very nice upper balcony pool patio! Sims will enjoy sitting poolside on the seats having a chat. The triangular shape of the pool looks nice. The glass clothes and shoes closet in the other double bedroom is very nice!
    It is a very nice home :)
  • Options
    Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
    Popped in 2 say that I think you are a very creative builder with a distinct taste in crafting your ideas. Love your work <3
  • Options
    masajomasajo Posts: 6,011 Member
    Your Zig-a-zig is a wonderful design and looks great illuminated. Really like how you've done the fountains and plants, looks so effective. Gorgeous interiors :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    Gorgeous home! I am just loving the architecture and the deck area. Beautiful interiors too! Will be adding to my favourites when I open the gallery. (*) (*) (*)

Congrats on the Maxis fav! You deserve it! :D
  • Options
    RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    Zig-a-zig Aaaahh is very amazing build with an awesome name! :smiley:
    I like your architectural part, very gorgeous and crazy. Love the idea of doing abstracts. I also adore your landscaping too! I especially like your fountain area. And your interior, classy! I like the use of black and white color scheme.
    I love it! I already added this to my faves. :smiley:

And congrats on your In Bluem in Maxis Tab! :smiley::star:
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • Options
    kameliaxxxkameliaxxx Posts: 132 Member
    Nice modern! Love to see your attention to detail in the interior as well as the exterior.
    Sorry that I can't write more but my English is practically nonexistent.
    Hugs <3
  • Options
    So it looks like In Bluem... completely Bluew Up... B) (pfffhahaha)

Thank you lovely @yanti68 for the recommendation! <3 I hope there are Simmies out there enjoying their lives in In Bluem :)

Thank you Vihisha, Rose, Zita, Masajo, Rye and Kamelia for your sweet comments! Very happy you like it :# It was fun to build!

I've been playing Banished (again) and it has some cute buildings, I may try to replicate one of them in TS4 sometime :) I wanted to take a short break from TS4 to recharge and get some new ideas, but I can't help getting inspired by everything I see :p
  • Options
    How this

tumblr_inline_nkv6lpHghm1rhdtka.jpgtumblr_inline_nkv6luauCe1rhdtka.jpg

turned into this

tumblr_nkv810w9U41s873l7o1_1280.jpg

I'll never know! I wanted to do something smaller and more affordable, so I took those (horrible google maps) pics as inspiration and started building. It initially looked just like the picture, tried some different wallpaints and roof patterns, started expanding and suddenly it became this exotic place.

tumblr_nkv810w9U41s873l7o3_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nkv810w9U41s873l7o4_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nkv810w9U41s873l7o5_1280.jpg

I had to google inspiration pics for the interior to fit this style. Google 'arabian interior' and you get all kinds of super busy decorated rooms :# It was hard to find a balance between a lot of decoration vs too much decoration. I hope it isn't too much :p Drapes overkill! I figured this may be the place to try out a small waterfall, been wanting to do it since I saw it in Bry's Moody Blues, but didn't have a build yet in which it would fit. I hope it adds to the 'this is a nice place to hang out in the desert' vibe I wanted, hahaha.

tumblr_nkv810w9U41s873l7o2_1280.jpg

I've named it Aïcha, after the Khaled song from the 90's. It's built on a 30x20 lot and costs around $210,000. It has 3 bedrooms, each with their own bathroom, a pool in the back and a hobby room on the top floor. Gallery link: http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/DF4046C8C52111E48917B02BC9BBD309

Hope you like it! :) That wraps up the last WIP from the batch I posted a while back. I've still got a library WIP which isn't far from completion, and I've been working on something affordable (this time for real :p ). I've also laid the groundworks for a hospital and police station which will have to wait until the expansion pack hits. And I still want to do something from Banished :) Still plenty to build!

Now I'm off to catch up on other threads...
  • Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    Cerry, Zig-a-Zig is a very cool design! I love the porches and the skipping pool. The interiors are very nicely done and I think I saw your inspiration, in the standing lamp on the porches! :blush:

Aïcha is Gorgeous! Such a beautiful exterior. I Love the pool area with the curtains. They look so cool! The fountain looks awesome and I love your interiors. I definitely don't think it's too much, I think it looks Perfect! :relieved:
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Aicha is very nice! :) The Arabian theme of it flows very nicely right though the build, from the very nice exterior design of the home, to the outdoors areas of the patios and balconies to the very nice furnishing of the interior! The dome roofing and the roof top towers are very nice! The curved balconies and front and back porches look very nice! Very nice upper balconies! It looks very nice how you have used the arches in the build! The balcony windows look very nice how you have placed them in the build. Very nice front and back patios! The way you used the curtains on the edges of the pool area looks very nice! Very nice waterfall! It looks great! It is nice that you have placed seats nearby for sims to enjoy sitting there resting and enjoying the nice sight of the waterfall. The outdoors dining and pool patio is very nice! Sims will enjoy cooking on the bbq and eating their meals at the table there, enjoying the outdoors air. It is great that you have a gated entrance to the home. The type of and placement of the fencing on the edges of the lot looks nice. The water features in the front patio look nice. Very nice outdoors art nook area! Sims will enjoy painting on the easel there in the sunshine, with the nice surroundings of the plants, outdoors views, and water fountains feature. It looks very nice how you have placed the trees in the patios. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! It looks very nice how you have placed the curtains in the rooms! They create a very nice look. Very nice design of the kitchen. It looks nice how you have placed the kitchen cabinets. The dining area is nice. Sims will enjoy looking out through the curtained windows whilst eating their meals. Nice curtained bath tub alcove in the bathroom. It looks very nice how you have placed the curtains on the bedhead wall and the patterning on the wall is nice. The clock is a nice touch on the wall there. Very nice sofa and armchairs sitting areas! Sims will enjoy sitting having a chat or watching tv. It looks nice how you placed the drapes over the pictures on the tv wall. The patterned floor rugs add to the theme and the nice feel of the home. It looks very nice how you have used the columns in the living room! . Great study desk nook! Sims will like sitting at the desk using the computer there.
    The home is very nice! :)
  • Options
    kameliaxxxkameliaxxx Posts: 132 Member
    How beautiful, an absolutly wonderful made house
    Sorry that I can't write more but my English is practically nonexistent.
    Hugs <3