Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gardening discussion thread

1222324252628...Next

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited March 2015
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    moongodess wrote: »
    Trashplants don't seem to be good for anything lol I have tried grafting more than one of the same thing to a plant, but it seems to ignore the second and subsequent grafts. Trashplants do fruit fairly quickly, so you could try grafting 3 or 4 different things to it so that you get fewer trashfruit from a harvest.

I use the trash plant fruit as fertilizer for my other plants.
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited March 2015
    I love gardening in this game. Just wish it was more consequential/had more bearing on the game. I know a few recipes that use the garden goods have been added but mostly just the fruit that I've noticed? How cool would it be to be able to make special garden salads using just your garden goods? Or use your tomatoes, mushrooms and onions and things to make marinara from scratch?

We don't have grocers but we have gardens. It'd be really cool to see gardening reduce the price of some meals because you grew the veggies and fruits and used them from your garden.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    sooozeeebeeesooozeeebeee Posts: 665 Member
    duhboy2u2 wrote: »
    I love gardening in this game. Just wish it was more consequential/had more bearing on the game. I know a few recipes that use the garden goods have been added but mostly just the fruit that I've noticed? How cool would it be to be able to make special garden salads using just your garden goods? Or use your tomatoes, mushrooms and onions and things to make marinara from scratch?

We don't have grocers but we have gardens. It'd be really cool to see gardening reduce the price of some meals because you grew the veggies and fruits and used them from your garden.

That would be nice. Using fresh ingredients cuts back on the cost of making a recipe, but totally free ones that use only harvested fruits and veggies would be awesome!
  • Options
    Has anyone tested uploading and downloading a lot with harvestable plants since the patch? I think it might work now?
  • Options
    SincerboxSincerbox Posts: 2,279 Member
    JoxerTM22 wrote: »
    Which plant, if any, makes sims playful?

I don't know if they introduced it with this latest patch. (It seems that way to me.) But the cowplants seem to be giving off a playful aura. Being short of space on one lot I had my cowplants near the rocket ship. Never could get a focused mood during upgrades because the cowplant playful aura seemed to overpower any other mood. (I had two cowplants which probably doubled the aura effect.)

Origin ID: Barbara917
  • Options
    musiclover13191musiclover13191 Posts: 82 Member
    Has anyone tested uploading and downloading a lot with harvestable plants since the patch? I think it might work now?

I was checking that in my game a few days ago and I found that Ruthless KK had uploaded a garden with plants in it. I was able to download it and place it in my game.
    Hogwarts House: Hufflepuff | Ilvermorny House: Pukwudgie | Patronus: Hedgehog
  • Options

I was checking that in my game a few days ago and I found that Ruthless KK had uploaded a garden with plants in it. I was able to download it and place it in my game.

Awesome! I'm working on a remodel with perfect plants. Wanted to test before investing days into something completely original.

• Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    I was wondering if any other gardener's had this issue? After purchasing/playing Outdoor Retreat my plants do not evolve. I get the interaction and "evolve" them but they reset to good.

I can evolve the plants after the latest patch but there's something everyone should know about the latest patch.

If you save your lot in the library, it will keep all your plants except the trees. They start again as dirt mounds, you can fertilize, evolve, water, and weed, but you can't harvest because nothing grows on them. So if you want to have a large garden to get your sim's experience for gardening up, you can. Just realize that you will never be able to harvest from the plants. Also the steps for your aspiration count from the plants but you won't make money from the garden through harvesting.

Can you take cuttings? It would still be a bit of a short cut instead of evolving everything to perfect.

I don't know, I didn't think to try that.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Is this new with GTW or am I just slow? My scientist just discovered a new splice that I hadn't known about. By analyzing bluebells he learned that he could splice grapes and strawberries to get them. Had anyone tried this splice before GTW or is it new?

/edit: Oh wait! Splicing is the reverse of grafting. Does it work the other way if you graft grapes to strawberries do you get a bluebell? Now I have to go find out.
  • Options
    acee313acee313 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Sincerbox wrote: »
    Is this new with GTW or am I just slow? My scientist just discovered a new splice that I hadn't known about. By analyzing bluebells he learned that he could splice grapes and strawberries to get them. Had anyone tried this splice before GTW or is it new?

/edit: Oh wait! Splicing is the reverse of grafting. Does it work the other way if you graft grapes to strawberries do you get a bluebell? Now I have to go find out.

It's just the same, I mean grafting and splicing.
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member

We've always had the ability to graft bluebells and strawberries together to get grapes. It just hasn't been discussed much.

Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    Nik24X7 wrote: »

We've always had the ability to graft bluebells and strawberries together to get grapes. It just hasn't been discussed much.

OK. That's one I missed. It also seems that instead of sending crystals and metals to the geo counsel you can analyze them yourself. But that's a topic for another thread.
  • Options
    SimfuncrunchSimfuncrunch Posts: 513 Member
    Nik24X7 wrote: »

Full grafting list and other gardening info at Carl's Sims 4 site - very handy!
  • Options
    NikonGirlNikonGirl Posts: 36 Member
    So there are 3 new harvestables in the alien world but they're not listed in the collection. Wonder if this is a bug.
  • Options
    DizzyDi34DizzyDi34 Posts: 449 Member
    hi does anyone know the growth time on plants, trees etc haven't managed to get any of the rarer plants yet as still waiting for them to grow,also do the hidden grotto and glade plants take take longer or the same as the others?
  • Options
    SimfuncrunchSimfuncrunch Posts: 513 Member
    DizzyDi34 wrote: »
    hi does anyone know the growth time on plants, trees etc haven't managed to get any of the rarer plants yet as still waiting for them to grow,also do the hidden grotto and glade plants take take longer or the same as the others?

The guide I posted above has growth times for everything except the new plants from the GTW expansion.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Does any know of a mod for hire a gardener using the phone other than the one by Daveo as he has abandoned it.
  • Options
    Does any know of a mod for hire a gardener using the phone other than the one by Daveo as he has abandoned it.

I dont use mods, but is sure would be nice to be able to hire a gardener to weed, spray and water.
  • Options
    has anyone enlarged their garden plants? You can still tend and harvest them. The items, fruits etc, that are harvested stay at the normal height, so I had fruit hanging in mid air.
  • Options
    My alien garden
    04-01-15_2-25%C2%A0AM%2B(1024x640).jpg
  • Options
    Here is the planet itself. Its so pretty. The plants pulse with light at night but go normal during the day. I dont think the planet has sun so theyre always pulsing there. You can visit via your spaceship. just do the new upgrades to your ship then it gives the option to travel through the wormhole.
    03-31-15_11-40%C2%A0PM%2B(1024x640).jpg
  • Options
    Has anyone found blueberries yet? Im starting to wonder if it's a typo.
  • Options
    tkwolftkwolf Posts: 362 Member
    Wish we could buy them off groceries too
    INTRODUCING.....TA DA DA DAAAAAA
    SIMS 4! STAR WARS!
    BU7XCq7.jpg
  • Options
    Did a test. I used blackberries in the baking recipe "fruit pie" that called for blueberries and it worked. Giving up on them. I think I have a better chance at finding Big Foot.