Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gardening discussion thread

Comments

• Options
    litabelaqualitabelaqua Posts: 4,322 Member
    How exciting! my UFO is starting to sprout!

10-05-14_11-01nbspPM_zpsd4df4d0c.png
  • Options
    moongodessmoongodess Posts: 1,550 Member
    @JoxerTM22 @litabelaqua
    Running my sim back and forrh to space again today. Have not yet gotten colonist mission, BUT received UFO from smuggler as thanks for hiding his cargo from space cops AND received UFO and cowberry from GREEN MAN. I think I'm putting the space ship in the family inventory for a bit lol
  • Options
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    Hey guys! I can't harvest plants in other lots. Could anyone please help me?

Are they showing fruit? Takes awhile if they're not your home neighborhood. You have to spend time there (reading a book, fishing?) to give them a chance to mature.

@litabelaqua
    I see you got your UFO too. Hooray!
    Also, the Caliente neighborhood and the one at the bottom are full of cherry trees (lemons too).
  • Options
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    Hey guys! I can't harvest plants in other lots. Could anyone please help me?

Once they have fruit on you will be able to harvest, but there are some special plants that need time to grow before you can harvest them. This means you have to be active on those lots to allow the plants to be active and grow. When you leave the lot they fall into some kind of stasis. At gardening level 7 you can take cuttings, take the cuttings home to graft onto your existing plants, then you can get the fruit to plant.
  • Options
    @moongodess one for you. I was able to take a cutting and graft the UFO. Not sure why you cannot, maybe because you spawned it possibly? Also you mentioned you cannot water yours, I cannot water mine either so maybe that is intentional, it seems to thrive ok

ufocuttinggraft_zps5bdf96b9.jpg
  • Options
    Planted my two - they'll be ready to try grafting soon.
  • Options
    VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    I think its intentional that you don't have to water the alien plants.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Mine do now have an option to water, but they don't do it autonomously when they tend garden.

EDIT: Took cuttings successfully from both UFO plants (intergalactic whatevers lol). First one spliced onto tomato, but didn't disappear from sim's inventory. Now they're both stuck LOL I'll send her to another neighborhood to fish when the simhubs leaves for work. I'm sure that'll unstick 'em.
    Post edited by moongodess on
  • Options
    SimzSizzleSimzSizzle Posts: 433 Member
    blunote00 wrote: »
    SimzSizzle wrote: »
    debsilva3 wrote: »
    Anyone else notice the big selling price discrepancy in various fruits & vegetables.

Noticed this with other plants too.
    Also wanted to know if anyone knows if the longer the plants are in the Sims inventory if they appreciate.
    I noticed that the fruit/vegetables that are newly harvested are worth less simoleons than the ones that
    have been in the Sims inventory for a while.

Sorry if the pics seem rather large I wanted to make sure the price of the produce showed.

You chose the second grape in your stack on the first picture to show the price. That means the full stack is worth $423. On the second picture you chose the first grape which means that one fruit is worth $27.

This happens on any items that you have more than one of.
    The grapes full stack worth is 2027 simoleons. Hope you can see it.
    r2jln4.jpg
    @SimzSizzle
    I just realized we used the same lot. :p
    5p4f3b.jpg
    ha ha great minds :smiley:
  • Options
    moongodess wrote: »
    It's an ingredient in Ambrosia, which can bring a ghost back to life.
    do you think it will help stop a Sim from dying if they offer it to Grim ?
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Anyone else notice the big selling price discrepancy in various fruits & vegetables.
    423 simoleons for perfect grapes
    Noticed this with other plants too.
    Also wanted to know if anyone knows if the longer the plants are in the Sims inventory if they appreciate.

I have also noticed this, was about to put some fruit in the fridge and it had a value of 723 simoleans! I sold it, I should have kept it and watch if it increased in value. I think fruit IS appreciating in inventory but I have to test it out a bit better.
    I do too but I don't think they meant for it to. I hope they don't change it, its handy for my Sim :D

• Options
    Fantastic that the grafts work now, since my last time on this thread my Sim went fishing in the Sylvan Glade ? & she saw the Cherry tree.
    She had to hang around though before any plants at all showed up, and she now has 3 trash plants. I'm testing to see if they keep the flies away.
    She also started building a rocket but she doesn't seem to like that too much.
    It would be nice if the death flower keeps them from dying, I've been kind of sad we didn't have one in this game.
  • Options
    MonaLisaJonesMonaLisaJones Posts: 126 Member
    Gah I love this thread! I'm an obsessive sim gardener. Honestly no matter what career or type of game I start, someone in the family has to start a garden! Thanks for all the pics and tips everyone!
  • Options
    @SimszSizzle
    The death flower apparently does work when you give it to Grim - at least it did for @Willow when one of her cowplants ate her teenager lol

@MonaLisaJones
    I went back and read it through from the beginning the other day. Funny to read us trying to figure out things - and often being wrong - that we now take for granted!
  • Options
    WillowWillow Posts: 268 Member
    moongodess wrote: »
    @SimszSizzle
    The death flower apparently does work when you give it to Grim - at least it did for @Willow when one of her cowplants ate her teenager lol

It was her poor hubby that died sadly, and since it's my sim self family I had to bring him back. Here is the video of the interchange with the Reaper to save hubby.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81w_F2exsjE&index=2&list=UU0eeJUQDE4xroT-vLJ2U1bg
    Death by Cow Plant @ youtube: My first Sim Cow Plant Death
    Angry Poops aren't angry enough

15266541567_b097f729db.jpgg7XI2AJ.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    great, thanks guys - no worries about the death of my Simmie now, so much to do still !
    btw that's a lot of cow plants !
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    My Sim managed to get the UFO plant on the Yoda mission but another Sim managed to get it as a reward on another mission. My memory isn't all that great, but I think it was a mission having to do with rebels on a moon outpost in a dispute with the planet government.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    Simmelina1Simmelina1 Posts: 2,626 Member
    15461607132_b6ecd9a20e_b.jpg
    EunB watered a plant with tears. I had no idea that was possible.

Origin id: Simmelina
    simmelina1.wordpress.com
    The life of my sims. Elina & Don.

49992523523_7fe1918650_c.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Latest project - UFO farm lol
    Noticed new fruit worth 120, next day 312, next day 408....
    Waiting to see at what point they max out :D
    UFO.jpg

Edit: I have them grafted to perfect tomatoes so they grow a new crop the day after you harvest
    I have a tomato worth 48 o_O
  • Options
    Ladyliberty1301Ladyliberty1301 Posts: 623 Member
    I have been looking for a tulip. I know its supposed to be by landgrabs mansion but they died out and so now i don't know where to look. Ive looked in all of oasis springs.
    origin/gallery Id is Snaffles1301
    Twitter @Snaffles1301
  • Options
    @Ladyliberty1301
    There are lots in the neighborhood where the Caliente house is located. Plenty of places to fish, too, while you wait for them to grow.
  • Options
    ok. heading to look there now.
    Twitter @Snaffles1301
  • Options
    found it!
    Twitter @Snaffles1301
  • Options
    YAY!
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Looks like the UFOs max out on the vine at 504. However, the dragonfruit only takes one extra day to fruit and maxes out at 336. Thinking to replace those base tomato plants with dragonfruit.

Then again, max value against waiting would say to harvest with tomato base every other day - need to see if dragonfruit value justifies waiting the extra day.

Also, a tomato left in my inventory was worth 90 when I found and sold it, so there's always that aging-for-value-in-the-inventory thing...

And this, kiddies, is why gardeners never get bored LOL