Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gardening discussion thread

Comments

• Options
    litabelaqualitabelaqua Posts: 4,322 Member
    edited October 2014
    @moongodess so is there a best plant to graft to to get max value out of fruits?

we need a list of max values for fruit to identify when the optimum time to harvest is, if that's how it works. Ive never even noticed this before lol
  • Options
    moongodessmoongodess Posts: 1,550 Member
    edited October 2014
    @litabelaqua
    Morning, Lita :)
    I usually graft to tomatoes because they give a new crop every day. But I'm going to do some research to see if growing half such a low-value fruit means I should sacrifice that speed for something with higher value.

I have at least one of each plant, so I'm going to harvest all and then chart how long it takes for each to fruit and check value each day to see how long it takes each to max out value. Should tell us die-hards whether we have to harvest one by one to get best value lol

For example, perfect UFOs are worth 120 immediately, 312 the next day, 408 the next day and 504 max. I think, however, my sim's travelling the second day may have triggered double increase in value that second day somehow, because they seem to increase by 96/day, but they showed twice that the day she travelled. I need to stick her to the house for a week for data, then try it travelling. Worth a trip to the gym if your plants double their value for the day lol

Also need to calculate monetary gain or loss by waiting for increased value versus more frequent harvests at lesser values which may net you more in the long run.

Edit: Just re-read this - I'm such a number geek :D
  • Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    Need help. Sort of. Was asked in another thread, but noone answered.

Roses get sims flirty, trashplant causes uncomfortable.
    Which plant, if any, makes sims playful?

And additional one... Anyone has 10 or more perfect plants in their garden?
    Anything happens if you have 10 perfect plants?
  • Options
    Simmelina1Simmelina1 Posts: 2,626 Member
    JoxerTM22 wrote: »

@JoxerTM22 Explains why Jaxson always felt uncomfertable when gardening.
    Origin id: Simmelina
    simmelina1.wordpress.com
    The life of my sims. Elina & Don.

49992523523_7fe1918650_c.jpg
  • Options

@JoxerTM22 I have around 33 perfect plants but I don't notice anything specific happening to my sim. I have noticed roses make sims flirty, I don't get any uncomfortable emotion with trash plant and I havnt seen anything make a sim playful.

If there are any specific experiments you want me to try out just let me know
  • Options
    @JoxerTM22
    Don't know of any plant that gives a playful aura. One of my flowers is giving energized, but I haven't figured out which one yet. Heck, it might be the No Place Like Gnome in the flowerbed.

I have way more than ten perfect - have at least one of each, all perfect. Got no announcement or achievement when I got 10 that I'm aware of.
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    I have been looking for a tulip. I know its supposed to be by landgrabs mansion but they died out and so now i don't know where to look. Ive looked in all of oasis springs.
    They can be find in the neighborhood with only two homes, one across the street from the other. It's towards the top of the map. It's also the neighborhood that contains a mine entrance, the back door to the Forgotten Grotto. FYI.

Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Thanks.

Now I'll tell you my (evil) reasons.

Why playful? So I can kill NPC sim with laughter, and for that I need as many different passive playful sources as possible. :D

Why asking for 10 perfect plants? Because this was probably just planned but never made into final game:
    Flower Power: Have a garden of 10 max quality plants in The Sims 4.

EDIT:
    Since I'm here...
    Why Harvest All doesn't show up on deathflowers but I have to pick one by one and also, why they don't glitter when ready to evolve?
  • Options
    Thanks.

Now I'll tell you my (evil) reasons.

Why playful? So I can kill NPC sim with laughter, and for that I need as many different passive playful sources as possible. :D

Why asking for 10 perfect plants? Because this was probably just planned but never made into final game:
    Flower Power: Have a garden of 10 max quality plants in The Sims 4.

Surround him with a bunch of those MySims trophies. They're playful.
  • Options
    Yea, but that's just one source. Only 1 will work. :)
    And I don't want my sim to die, just NPC. ;)
  • Options
    @JoxerTM22 My deathflower started out as perfect so it never had to evolve, probably because my grafts were perfect plants.

Ive also noticed no Harvest All on the deathflower, but I think this is intentional because if I do Harvest All on surrounding plants, my sim misses out the deathflower altogether. However on a plant where the deathflower is grafted then you do get the harvest all option on that plant.
  • Options
    My grafts started at normal as I sold all plants I was growing previously.
    I admit I'm dumb. :( But the inventory was a mess, I had to do something. And back then I didn't know you can store plants in house inventory.
    That's twicedumb on my account. :D
  • Options
    @litabelaqua @JoxerTM22
    You are not going to believe this....
    I harvested all Saturday night - watched things appear on the plants and charted values for four days - even pulled one plant to the side and fertilized it. NOTHING CHANGED FOR FOUR DAYS.\

Then, I sent my sim to the gym. Believe it or not, it's travelling and returning that brings the increase in value! When I posted that pic of the UFO @504, she'd been going to the gym every day *headdesk*

I'm so tired of staring at plants I'm going bugnuts LOL Will wait for Sat to roll around again, harvest all again and travel every day. Will at least make for a more interesting chart :D
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    ROTFL
    So there is an actual benefit from getting tortured by loadscreens! :D
    Can you please check if "change outfit" on the mirror (CAS) also increases the value?
  • Options
    moongodess wrote: »
    @litabelaqua @JoxerTM22
    I harvested all Saturday night - watched things appear on the plants and charted values for four days - even pulled one plant to the side and fertilized it. NOTHING CHANGED FOR FOUR DAYS.\

Then, I sent my sim to the gym. Believe it or not, it's travelling and returning that brings the increase in value! When I posted that pic of the UFO @504, she'd been going to the gym every day *headdesk*

I'm so tired of staring at plants I'm going bugnuts LOL Will wait for Sat to roll around again, harvest all again and travel every day. Will at least make for a more interesting chart :D

wow, that's VERY interesting, I will have to monitor this as well.

Currently though in my game on a different subject, im losing my sims dead husbands tombstone due to Genealogical culling that happens in the early hours of Thursday mornings. So it appears. There is a mod that can stop it happening, so im hoping that will save my game.
  • Options
    ROTFL
    Can you please check if "change outfit" on the mirror (CAS) also increases the value?

Yep yep, will check.
    @litabelaqua @JoxerTM22

Currently though in my game on a different subject, im losing my sims dead husbands tombstone due to Genealogical culling that happens in the early hours of Thursday mornings. So it appears. There is a mod that can stop it happening, so im hoping that will save my game.

Saw your posts about it - having any luck?
  • Options
    ROTFL

Yep yep, will check.
    @litabelaqua @JoxerTM22

Saw your posts about it - having any luck?

@moongodess yes the mod appears to have worked, the sim started haunting again and I got past the Thursday am cull. Its now 1 week past the events and his tombstone is at the local cemetery where it is still active. Its not over though, I know there is still a danger that my dead sim will be culled in the general sim cull, but that's a gamble. The immediate issue of the genealogical cull is resolved...for now anyway
  • Options
    @litabelaqua
    That's good - will keep my fingers crossed for you.
    - Only mod I'm using at the moment is the buyable ponds from MTS. Thinking of adding the one that keeps fish from going foul too quickly.
  • Options
    SamiKatSamiKat Posts: 3,786 Member
    Is anyone else having a problem with the plants that are planted in buydebug continually sparkling like they are ready to evolve, even though they are not?

• Options
    samiam662 wrote: »
    Is anyone else having a problem with the plants that are planted in buydebug continually sparkling like they are ready to evolve, even though they are not?

Nope. Don't plant things from buydebug.
  • Options
    Don't judge. They were busy sims. (giggle)
  • Options
    Don't judge. They were busy sims. (giggle)

Not judging - I spawned a UFO plant when I couldn't get one from missions, but you couldn't take a cutting from it.
  • Options
    I was kidding, Moongodess (wink). Oh, you have a new avi! I like it! Yeah, I haven't tried the cuttings from them yet.
  • Options
    I was kidding, Moongodess (wink). Oh, you have a new avi! I like it! Yeah, I haven't tried the cuttings from them yet.

Thanks, tis my simself lol
    I have a habit of answering things very literally ;)
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    @JoxerTM22
    You're a genius! Plan outfit on the dresser does indeed work as well.

Ah, crud... It's definitely one of those loopholes that can be exploited and which should be corrected :(
    You can stand in front of the dresser and just plan outfit over and over and the value increases each time - +96 each time for UFOs, smaller (proportionate to original value) increments for others.

UFO696.png
    Post edited by moongodess on