Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ivanna's House Hunters Contest Oasis Landing Edition!!! Winners Are Up Pg 1 !!!

Comments

• Options
    Ivanna420Ivanna420 Posts: 5,432 Member
    edited July 2014
    Mizzie, the lot is to be placed as shown in the picture. Where the white outline is, that is just a square/rectangle that is around the area. The lot should not try to cross over the road, and is on the farthest side of the road facing the canal. I hope that explains it better for you, if not, feel free to ask any more questions about it. :mrgreen:
    140820-HBmsSZamsz7b.gif
  • Options
    Allierenee25Allierenee25 Posts: 97 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Ivanna420 wrote:
    Allierenee, Don't feel intimidated. We are our own worst critics. Just because you haven't join many or any contests, doesn't mean you haven't been getting plenty of experience just doing it for yourself in your own game. You just need to believe in your own talents. :mrgreen:

Thanks! I think I will enter. I have entered a couple of contest before but nothing this large. lol ;)
  • Options
    ErnesaTErnesaT Posts: 7,474 Member
    edited July 2014
    *raises hand quietly*

I can help judge. I will be finished most of my summer travels by the deadline. (Although, I'll be getting ready for another trip a week or so after.) :-)
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
  • Options
    pchapmanpchapman Posts: 260 Member
    edited July 2014
    Ok, I love love the show House Hunters so I have decided I must enter this. I am still reading the rules and trying to figure out how it works, but count me in as one of the participants. :)

Patti
    Origin ID for Sims 4: patti2297
    Follow me on Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/27640240@N08/

• Options
    edited July 2014
    pchapman wrote:
    Ok, I love love the show House Hunters so I have decided I must enter this. I am still reading the rules and trying to figure out how it works, but count me in as one of the participants. :)

Patti

Yay I am glad you decided to do it with me. :)
  • Options
    edited July 2014

Did I have a choice? Actually, I seem to recall I mentioned this to you first. Haha.

Actually,

I have some questions.

First, with regards to Lucas & Jenny. I understand about the traits & lifetime wish, but what about their last name? Do we choose that or did I miss it somewhere? Also, if they must have 400,000 funds... excuse me for asking, but do we have to come about that the natural way or can we use cash cheats? I did read through the rules & FAQ, so my apologies if I missed any of this info.

I am not new to Sims, member since 2009, but I am fairly new to contests. I am feeling a bit overwhelmed, but this sounds like lots of fun!

• Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited July 2014
    The last names are easier for judges if we all chose different ones, so just the first names are given for us. The last names are whatever you want.

On the money issue... I am fairly certain that you can cheat that. You'd have to play a really long time to be able to afford the home otherwise.

I would think you could build the home and use the freerealestate cheat to move them in. Then motherlode a few times to be able to buy the community lot.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    pchapman wrote:

Did I have a choice? Actually, I seem to recall I mentioned this to you first. Haha.

Actually,

I have some questions.

First, with regards to Lucas & Jenny. I understand about the traits & lifetime wish, but what about their last name? Do we choose that or did I miss it somewhere? Also, if they must have 400,000 funds... excuse me for asking, but do we have to come about that the natural way or can we use cash cheats? I did read through the rules & FAQ, so my apologies if I missed any of this info.

I am not new to Sims, member since 2009, but I am fairly new to contests. I am feeling a bit overwhelmed, but this sounds like lots of fun!

Sure I will let you think that you referred me but we all know who has been playing longer. :)
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    edited July 2014
    I hope you enjoy and have fun working on your entries Ciane, pchapman, Allierenee25, Ashaela and MizoreYukii :) Happy building and/or sims creating ! :)
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Okay one question, should I buy a lot first in order to get the portal to go into Oasis Landing?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Oh, one more question do they need to be human? Or can they have a supernatural trait? :)
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Sorry for the delay in answering. My daughter took over my computer yesterday, and I'm just getting home from work. I'm going to go back and answer them all one by one, but I did see that the lovely ciane has answered a couple of them for me. Many thanks ciane. :mrgreen:
    140820-HBmsSZamsz7b.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    ErnesaT wrote:
    *raises hand quietly*

I can help judge. I will be finished most of my summer travels by the deadline. (Although, I'll be getting ready for another trip a week or so after.) :-)

Bless you, Nesa! Where would I be without your judging skills! :wink::mrgreen: I'm so envious of your travels. I hope you are enjoying them immensely! :mrgreen:
    140820-HBmsSZamsz7b.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    pchapman wrote:

Patti

Welcome, Patti! Glad to have you join us! If you have any question about how anything works please ask away, doesn't matter even how many you need to ask. If I'm not quick enough many of the other entrants are glad to help. :mrgreen:
    140820-HBmsSZamsz7b.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    pchapman wrote:

Actually,

I have some questions.

Patti, ciane is very correct about this first question. It becomes very difficult for us judging to tell which entry belongs to whom, plus it can give the launcher issues trying to get them installed and sometimes even downloaded if they all have the same last name.

On the funds, yes, definitely use cheats for the amount needed. The only thing that I would suggest is differently than what ciane told you is that, since I want the couple uploaded separate from the dream house, just to make sure that the family has the full amount needed to purchase both lots(furnished in the case of the house) when they are uploaded. Another option for that is the familyfunds cheat. If your unfamiliar with it, just let me know and I can give the cheat and instructions to use it. Sometime it gives me trouble and I find that motherlode works just as well, though. :wink::mrgreen:
    140820-HBmsSZamsz7b.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Okay one question, should I buy a lot first in order to get the portal to go into Oasis Landing?

You will have to either by a lot or move them in with another household to get the portal. you can also buy them a portal from what I've heard others say, but I just used the portal that appears when I first put them on a lot.

As for the last question, Allierenee, I would like them to be human.
    140820-HBmsSZamsz7b.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Ok, I think I have answered them all. If I missed someones question, please let me know. :mrgreen:

Now to go update an interested list. :wink:
    140820-HBmsSZamsz7b.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Ivanna420 wrote:
    Ok, I think I have answered them all. If I missed someones question, please let me know. :mrgreen:

You are good, you got every question I think. I hate to do this to you, but I am sort of new to some of the terminology.

7. No CC - Custom Content? Is this stuff that I might find at some third party website and download to my game?

13. CFE, MOO, and BuyDebug are allowed for the building category. What is this?

CAP is like if I have a wallpaper and I take it and change it in the styler, correct?

Duh! In reading the rules again, I see you covered the last name. My apologies for not catching this earlier. This is going to be fun.

Thank you for answering my questions.

• Options
    edited July 2014
    Ivanna420 wrote:

You will have to either by a lot or move them in with another household to get the portal. you can also buy them a portal from what I've heard others say, but I just used the portal that appears when I first put them on a lot.

As for the last question, Allierenee, I would like them to be human.

Okay thank you so much for your quickly response! :)
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    pchapman wrote:
    Ivanna420 wrote:

You are good, you got every question I think. I hate to do this to you, but I am sort of new to some of the terminology.

7. No CC - Custom Content? Is this stuff that I might find at some third party website and download to my game?

13. CFE, MOO, and BuyDebug are allowed for the building category. What is this?

CAP is like if I have a wallpaper and I take it and change it in the styler, correct?

Duh! In reading the rules again, I see you covered the last name. My apologies for not catching this earlier. This is going to be fun.

Thank you for answering my questions.

Patti, you are correct on the No Custom CC. Anything that wasn't created by EA for either an EP, Sp or the store is third party Custom CC. That does not include anything from EA that was recolored in the game. Recoloring is fine. :wink:

CFE stands for ConstrainFloorElevation which is a tricky little building cheat for changing wall levels for creating things like split levels.

MOO stands for MoveObjectsOn, which is another wonderfully useful decorating and building cheat. This allows you to do things like making built in bookcases.

BuyDebug is a cheat that allows you access through the buy mode to all sorts of fun and handy items like landmarks and hidden lights, just to name a few, that were used when decorating worlds. Also allows access to objects that only given as rewards.

CAP stands for the Create-A-Pattern tool which people use to create their own patterns for use in Create-A-Style (CASt). They are consider custom content by some but I am allowing 1 per entry as long as you give credit to the creator if that is someone other than yourself.

Any other question, just ask! :wink:

Also if you aren't familiar with the MOO cheat in particular, in the list of helpful links is a link to the ZOO University that has some wonderful tutorial and classes on how to use MOO. There are also lots of tutorial on you tube for both MOO and CFE, plus all the tutorials in the Creative Corner section of this forum. If you go through the list of helpful links you will probably find some good help in them. :mrgreen:

140820-HBmsSZamsz7b.gif
  • Options
    MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    edited July 2014
    Ivanna420 wrote:
    Mizzie, the lot is to be placed as shown in the picture. Where the white outline is, that is just a square/rectangle that is around the area. The lot should not try to cross over the road, and is on the farthest side of the road facing the canal. I hope that explains it better for you, if not, feel free to ask any more questions about it. :mrgreen:
    *Scratches head* I think I understand? I'll take a photo of where I placed the lot so you can confirm if it's correct. xD
    *Writes this in "To Do" list so she doesn't forget*
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Mizzie, place your lot, then surround the entire thing in fence and take a picture of it. The fence is so I can see the lot better. I'll let you know if it's placed right or not, but I'm sure it will be. :wink:
    140820-HBmsSZamsz7b.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Ivanna420 wrote:
    Ok,
    Also if you aren't familiar with the MOO cheat in particular, in the list of helpful links is a link to the ZOO University that has some wonderful tutorial and classes on how to use MOO. There are also lots of tutorial on you tube for both MOO and CFE, plus all the tutorials in the Creative Corner section of this forum. If you go through the list of helpful links you will probably find some good help in them. :mrgreen:

Thank you for clearing that up. I have used MOO I just wasn't aware of the abbreviations. The other building cheats I am not familiar with. I will take a look at the ZOO university link that you mention. Again, thanks!

• Options
    edited July 2014
    You are welcome Patti! Glad to help. :mrgreen:
    140820-HBmsSZamsz7b.gif
  • Options
    TiggerkittyTiggerkitty Posts: 390 Member
    edited July 2014
    Looks like another fun contest Ivanna! Will see if I can get an entry in :D