Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ivanna's House Hunters Contest Oasis Landing Edition!!! Winners Are Up Pg 1 !!!

Comments

• Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited August 2014
    Oh my! I love that first one! And the second is awesome too. And I love a black, white, and red color scheme.
  • Options
    Ivanna420Ivanna420 Posts: 5,432 Member
    edited August 2014
    pchapman wrote:
    romagi1 wrote:
    The retail stands and plumbot stands you can go to BUY>SUFACES>DISPLAYS

The Holo register you need to be on a community lot and go to BUILD>COMMUNITY OBJECTS>MISC> OBJECTS and filter to ITF

Thank you Romagil. I found the holo register, but I haven't found the retail stands. Are the fashion stands round things and don't actually say men's fashion or women's fashion retail stands? I also can't seem to find the plumbot stand. I haven't had a chance to relook though as my pc up and died on me, luckily I had just saved my games to a flash drive, and it will be a bit before I have a new PC. In the meantime, my knight in shining armour is letting me install all my sims expansion packs, etc on his laptop! I got a great guy. :lol:

Patti, I believe when I found them, the plumbot and the fashion displays were both in the build section under the community objects/ misc.. The fashion ones, I believe, are round cylinders and/or square cubes. They do not specify I think I depends on which gender is using it. The plumbot displays are round and sit almost flush with the floor. If you filter it all to the Into The Future expansion pack, it really does help. :mrgreen:
    140820-HBmsSZamsz7b.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Tigger, thank you for those amazing inspiration pics! I knew I was neglecting something. :wink:
    140820-HBmsSZamsz7b.gif
  • Options
    TiggerkittyTiggerkitty Posts: 390 Member
    edited August 2014
    Ivanna420 wrote:
    Tigger, thank you for those amazing inspiration pics! I knew I was neglecting something. :wink:

I just couldn't resist it... haha
    I actually really like doing those inspiration pictures!
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I know exactly what you mean, Tigger. I had a reputation for the inspirational pictures I like to post. I love looking through them all and finding ones I really like best. :mrgreen:
    140820-HBmsSZamsz7b.gif
  • Options
    pchapmanpchapman Posts: 260 Member
    edited August 2014
    Ivanna420 wrote:
    pc di

Patti, I believe when I found them, the plumbot and the fashion displays were both in the build section under the community objects/ misc.. The fashion ones, I believe, are round cylinders and/or square cubes. They do not specify I think I depends on which gender is using it. The plumbot displays are round and sit almost flush with the floor. If you filter it all to the Into The Future expansion pack, it really does help. :mrgreen:

I really appreciate your trying to help me Ivanna. I have gone to the build section under community objects/misc and filtered to ITF ep and the only thing that shows up is the holo register. My P died Friday and no longer exists (It was scrapped for parts to be put into a new PC). Luckily I had saved my games to a flash drive and have reinstalled all my EP & SP to my husband's laptop. I wonder if I have failed to install something. Like would these items belong to a bonus pack or something? At this point, it looks like maybe I will only be able to enter the sims and Jenny's & Lucas house. :-)
    Origin ID for Sims 4: patti2297
    Follow me on Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/27640240@N08/

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Patti, maybe your ITF didn't fully install. You could try reinstalling just that EP.
  • Options
    romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    edited August 2014
    Try looking here for the plumbot and retail stands.

BUY>COLLECTIONS>ITF

iba1sG2lO3qHG.JPG

EDIT: When you (Plan Outfit) on the retail stand with your sim you can set either stand (round or square)to male or female and any age from child to elder.

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Great picture Romagi! I love the way you highlighted. You are awesome!
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I caught this pic of Lucas blowing a kiss and couldn't resist playing with it so ... sneak peek of my couple! :P

ibvzqIwZgdg5Mc.jpg"width=600"

Oops, I think my pic was too big. :lol:

• Options
    edited August 2014
    romagi1 wrote:
    Try looking here for the plumbot and retail stands.

BUY>COLLECTIONS>ITF

iba1sG2lO3qHG.JPG

EDIT: When you (Plan Outfit) on the retail stand with your sim you can set either stand (round or square)to male or female and any age from child to elder.

Ok, you all must think me some kind of stupid. lol. When I did it this way, going by Romagil's picture they showed up.

Thank you romagi1 & Ivanna. I have them bought & dropped. I do appreciate all the help and normally I don't have problems like this.

Patti

• Options
    edited August 2014
    First off, I have to say romagi, you rock! Thank you for helping Patti find the displays. I like the way you sorted them. That made it so much easier for even me. I've never used the collections to filter, in fact I never even go to collections because I never have set any up. I was unaware that good ol' EA had set up any in there. :mrgreen:

Patti, No, I don't think that! There are times that I can't find things, either. Plus, as sure as I was that they were in the community objects, now I'm thinking I was wrong and there are actually in the display section of the buy mode. In that case, I was steering you wrong, so NO, you are not stupid. :wink::mrgreen:
    140820-HBmsSZamsz7b.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    We do NOT think that Patti and never would. Some things don't show up in categories you think they would and you have to sort a different way. It is challenging trying to find some things as they are not where you expect them. I haven't played with these items before myself and have yet to venture into the future, so your questions and the others guidance helps me too (and probably others!)
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Very well said ciane! :mrgreen:

Oh, romagi, I love the sneak peek! :wink:
    140820-HBmsSZamsz7b.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    pchapman wrote:
    Ok, you all must think me some kind of stupid. lol. When I did it this way, going by Romagil's picture they showed up.

Thank you romagi1 & Ivanna. I have them bought & dropped. I do appreciate all the help and normally I don't have problems like this.

Patti

Hahah! NO! :shock: It’s like ciane said, half the time the items are NOT where I think they should be and I can spend hours looking for them. :roll: Plus that plumbot stand is so little and barely there that I skim over it half the time, which is why I decided to highlight it and then thought I should do the other stands or it would look funny and then … well, I just got highlight crazy! LOL

I added the edit cause of course I tried all the other options first before I found the one I needed. Was hoping I could save some other simmers a bit of time. Luckily I had first tried to set them up back in LP so I just happened to have my sims on the lot.

Ivanna, I tried collections when it first came out and couldn’t figure out how to make my own, it wasn’t until I saw that Mr. Hawk had made some collections that I went looking again and found that EA was including them. Well, all except the Movie SP. Or it just could be my game that didn’t like it. :? I think Mr. Hawk made one, which is why I went looking. So now I try to remember what came with which EP or SP. Then if it is not where I think it should be I head for the collection folders.

Also, I really don’t like the photography skill :evil: cause first I don’t like running my sim around takings pics and second I can’t use the pics cause placing one on your lot will cause problems in custard. So when I saw that Jenny had the photography trait….but slow as I am I can’t be the only one who has yet to play with all the toys from all the EP’s. Luckily since Lucas is into science I discovered the “Cerebralizing Brain Enhancing Machine 2.0” :mrgreen: that came with the Uni EP. Course I didn’t start playing with it until half way thru skilling up my simmies :roll: …but there is a function called “Brain Enhancement” it has a bunch of different skills you can choose and when your simmie does it they get a whole skill point in the skill you selected. You can also change their name and traits in the chair but I have yet to try the “Genius IQ”, may have to try that one after I have saved and I am getting ready to shut the game down. Don’t want to mess up my simmies and have to start over. :wink:

• Options
    edited August 2014
    I love that brain enhancement machine, but I tend to only use it at university. I just have them listen to a podcast while doing other things.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    This seems to become a just after midnight thing for me it seems....

futuristic-house.jpg

Cocoon-House-Jeju-Island-Korea-02.jpg

shell-house-2.jpg

698-600x450.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I want those windows! Awesome finds!
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    edited August 2014
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    A house does need a garden/outside area right? If there's still going to be any green stuff in your sims future of course...

Luxury-and-Futuristic-Home-in-Spain-2.jpg

Futuristic-Shell-House.jpg

futuristic-gardens-01.jpg

James-Dyson-Wrong-Garden.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Thanks Ciane and Rose :D
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Love the pictures. Some great inspiration. Thank you to all of you for b eing so helpful.

Now, I took Jenny & Lucas back to the past so I could level her fashion job. Twice now I have had to go back to a saved point because the grim reaper keeps visiting! EEKS. :mrgreen:

Now as for Jenny, how high does her fashion level need to be? Though she can work doing make overs in Oasis landing, she can't get a job in it, correct? So, I have to get her to fashion phen in Lucky Palms, correct?

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Patti, she doesn't have to achieve her lifetime Wish, but a good start on it would be great. So maybe like a level 5 or 6 would be great. :mrgreen:
    140820-HBmsSZamsz7b.gif