Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ivanna's House Hunters Contest Oasis Landing Edition!!! Winners Are Up Pg 1 !!!

Comments

• Options
    Ivanna420Ivanna420 Posts: 5,432 Member
    Snowmoon, good luck with the new design! And I like the new Avi!

Oni! So glad to see you pop in. How I wish you were still able to build! Like your new avi as well!

whatsociallife, I hope you enjoyed your holiday! I like your new Avi, too!

All these new avi's will take me forever to get used to!
    140820-HBmsSZamsz7b.gif
  • Options
    whatsociallifewhatsociallife Posts: 1,245 Member
    Still working on my household (we're only at L3 of fashion career) but the house shell is built too so gradually getting there :-) And yes it was interesting building on the slope! I did use a lot of CFE to make mine work.
  • Options
    TiggerkittyTiggerkitty Posts: 390 Member
    Was gonna do some more inspiration pics, but can't seem to find out how to post pictures now :(
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    this is a test to see if I can post this picture

sculptural-home-plays-volumes-curvy-roofline-1-exterior-thumb-630xauto-44639.jpg
    140820-HBmsSZamsz7b.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Tigger, to place that pi ture I just did it like we always did. Paste the address of the image into your post then manually type the [img][/img] brackets around it. there just isn't a button to put the brackets there like before.
    140820-HBmsSZamsz7b.gif
  • Options
    onigiriloveronigirilover Posts: 1,240 Member
    Ivanna420 wrote: »
    Oni! So glad to see you pop in. How I wish you were still able to build! Like your new avi as well!

I wish I could too! And thanks :)

Oh btw, you getting TS4? I'll prolly check it out as i'm intrigued with the building tools and it would be awesome if you'll host a contest for TS4 builds :P
  • Options
    Oni, I'm still not sold on 4. As of now, my plan is to stick with 3. But I'm still checking out 4. I'll wait until after it's out and see what people are saying and can do with it and how bad the bugs are before I decide to invest that kind of money into it.
    140820-HBmsSZamsz7b.gif
  • Options
    romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    edited August 2014
    They do seem to want to make things a bit harder to do here! :'( But we aren't spoiled.. no-no! :p

To post an image you can click on the little paper thing with the folded down corner you can paste your image url and it puts everything in for you! :)

siggy4.jpg
    Post edited by romagi1 on
  • Options
    CharicharnCharicharn Posts: 1,612 Member
    Hello

I have been lurking a bit. And have fiddle a little with making Lucas and Jenny :) But I am not sure if I will have enough time to enter. But I will do my best and even if not I will try to come and wRECk the awesome stuff that will come :) ITF is a really fun place to play.

chari
  • Options
    pchapmanpchapman Posts: 260 Member
    > @Ivanna420 said:
    > Oni, I'm still not sold on 4. As of now, my plan is to stick with 3. But I'm still checking out 4. I'll wait until after it's out and see what people are saying and can do with it and how bad the bugs are before I decide to invest that kind of money into it.

They sold me on 4 when I saw the video on building and how you can move entire rooms & the furniture.
    Origin ID for Sims 4: patti2297
    Follow me on Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/27640240@N08/

• Options
    Patti, that is one thing that I do like and have always wished for with 3, but I am still really upset that they are taking out CASt. I know it cause lag and other issues sometimes, but I usually absolutely do not like the store designers tastes for patterns, etc. I don't even generally like at least half of the styles, clothing and building, without being able to re-color them more to my liking, I just don't know if the building advantages makes up for the lack of CASt. I don't particularly mind the lack of toddlers and pools, but CASt is one I don't know if I can give up.
    140820-HBmsSZamsz7b.gif
  • Options
    Chari, I do hope you get the chance to enter them. :D
    140820-HBmsSZamsz7b.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    romagi1 wrote: »
    They do seem to want to make things a bit harder to do here! :'( But we aren't spoiled.. no-no! :p

To post an image you can click on the little paper thing with the folded down corner you can paste your image url and it puts everything in for you! :)

siggy4.jpg

Romagi, when I tried that it didn't work for me, but then I'm somewhat technologically challenged...lol

ETA:
    do you have to add your siggy every time, or is there a way to add them automatically, like before, that I just haven't managed to find yet. I miss my siggies!
    140820-HBmsSZamsz7b.gif
  • Options
    TRajahTRajah Posts: 2,403 Member
    Well, you've caught my attention, but so far my attempts at starting a build have resulted in more play. *giggle* This is the first time I've tried anything with ITF and I'm having a blast with it.
  • Options
    The fact that I hadn't played with ITF is the biggest inspiration for this one TRajah! That, and most people expressed an interest in ITF over another Lucky Palms remodel.
    140820-HBmsSZamsz7b.gif
  • Options
    Hello

@Ivanna420 This might be a silly question :) But does it matter whether they fulfill the LTW or not? Would you prefer it one way or the other or does it matter? I am sorry if that sounds confusing :pensive:

@TRajah :) ITF does that to you. I have really enjoyed exploring in ITF. Even started once doing the Utopia world to normal to distopia (haven't done that one yet LOL) back to normal.

A little nervous about trying to do a Futuristic Modern home but it will be a good challenge if I get the opportunity to try :)

chari
  • Options
    romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    edited August 2014
    @Ivanna, once you paste the link you have to hit "Enter" I seem to forget that so I thought maybe....

And Yes, I have to copy/paste my siggy each time which is why my posts are usually edited! :D I do miss my siggy! :'( And since we have moved here.....I like having a link back to my studio on the old site.

siggy4.jpg
  • Options
    TRajahTRajah Posts: 2,403 Member
    Yeah, I'm in the middle of a Dystopia play. Trying so hard to get a Voltron gnome...
  • Options
    Charicharn wrote: »
    Hello

@Ivanna420 This might be a silly question :) But does it matter whether they fulfill the LTW or not? Would you prefer it one way or the other or does it matter? I am sorry if that sounds confusing :pensive:

@TRajah :) ITF does that to you. I have really enjoyed exploring in ITF. Even started once doing the Utopia world to normal to distopia (haven't done that one yet LOL) back to normal.

A little nervous about trying to do a Futuristic Modern home but it will be a good challenge if I get the opportunity to try :)

chari

Chari, no, they don't have to have it complete, but like their skills, a nice start should be given.

140820-HBmsSZamsz7b.gif
  • Options
    > @Ivanna420 said:
    > Patti, that is one thing that I do like and have always wished for with 3, but I am still really upset that they are taking out CASt. I know it cause lag and other issues sometimes, but I usually absolutely do not like the store designers tastes for patterns, etc. I don't even generally like at least half of the styles, clothing and building, without being able to re-color them more to my liking, I just don't know if the building advantages makes up for the lack of CASt. I don't particularly mind the lack of toddlers and pools, but CASt is one I don't know if I can give up.

Yes, I hate that they are taking away CASt, but as of late I have had a huge issue with lag so I can understand both sides somewhat. I really don't understand the reasoning for giving up pools and toddlers, but I have hopes they will give it all back to us at some point. Sadly, it will probably be in an EP.

• Options
    romagi1 wrote: »
    @Ivanna, once you paste the link you have to hit "Enter" I seem to forget that so I thought maybe....

And Yes, I have to copy/paste my siggy each time which is why my posts are usually edited! :D I do miss my siggy! :'( And since we have moved here.....I like having a link back to my studio on the old site.

siggy4.jpg

That might actually be what I didn't do. :p I will have to try that out and see if it was. I know what you mean about having the link to your studio, too. this jumping back and forth between sites is a pain so having a link back is almost essential in my book!
    140820-HBmsSZamsz7b.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    > @Ivanna420 said:

> Chari, no, they don't have to have it complete, but like their skills, a nice start should be given.

I am getting so frustrated. I have been trying to level Lucas & Jenny. I am still on my hubby's laptop, and I will have made good progress and then the bloody game freezes up, stops responding, and my only choice is to close it. I should do more saves, but then that takes forever. lol. A new PC is being built for me, but has experienced delay as the new motherboard had to be returned.

I am not overly crazy about this new forum. I have been trying to save me an avatar using the Sims 4 demo using print screen, but nothing copies over to my graphic program other than a white back ground. So frustrated on both scores.

Hopefully, I will get this sorted soon. :smile:

Patti

• Options
    pchapman wrote: »
    > @Ivanna420 said:<br />
    > Patti, that is one thing that I do like and have always wished for with 3, but I am still really upset that they are taking out CASt. I know it cause lag and other issues sometimes, but I usually absolutely do not like the store designers tastes for patterns, etc. I don't even generally like at least half of the styles, clothing and building, without being able to re-color them more to my liking, I just don't know if the building advantages makes up for the lack of CASt. I don't particularly mind the lack of toddlers and pools, but CASt is one I don't know if I can give up.<br />
    <br />
    Yes, I hate that they are taking away CASt, but as of late I have had a huge issue with lag so I can understand both sides somewhat. I really don't understand the reasoning for giving up pools and toddlers, but I have hopes they will give it all back to us at some point. Sadly, it will probably be in an EP.

See, that's another thing. I have a small fortune wrapped into 3 and now they're going to bleed us dry all over again. I think that my friend Terrylin is correct about why they took away the toddlers and pools. I think they can cause some lag and other issues, so they took them away. I don't know if they are planning to bring them back in an EP or not.

140820-HBmsSZamsz7b.gif
  • Options
    Hello

Jenny in my game has a wish to have a child. LOL :)

Would it be problem if they completed their LTW?

chari
  • Options
    > @Ivanna420 said:

>
    > See, that's another thing. I have a small fortune wrapped into 3 and now they're going to bleed us dry all over again. I think that my friend Terrylin is correct about why they took away the toddlers and pools. I think they can cause some lag and other issues, so they took them away. I don't know if they are planning to bring them back in an EP or not.

Yup, yup. Been there done that! I felt exactly the way you do when I was playing Sims 2 and they came out with Sims 3. I resisted Sims 3 for the longest time, but then I tried it, really tried it and loved it. I had most of the EP with Sims 2 too. Now, the same with Sims 3. I sort of look at it as progress. I think each time they make a new base game they do improve the game, but sadly our pocket books suffer greatly. If they hadn't made a new base game (Sims 4), we all would have (well I know I would have) gladly forked over the $ on more EP, SP, etc., so one way or another EA is going to get my money. :smile: