Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ivanna's House Hunters Contest Oasis Landing Edition!!! Winners Are Up Pg 1 !!!

Comments

• Options
    Ivanna420Ivanna420 Posts: 5,432 Member
    edited July 2014
    Tigger, I hope you have time to enter. I'd love top have you join in. :mrgreen:
    140820-HBmsSZamsz7b.gif
  • Options
    Allierenee25Allierenee25 Posts: 97 New Member
    edited July 2014
    So I finished my sims, and got to Oasis Landing now on to house building! :)
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited July 2014
    Woot Allie! Way to lead! Have fun.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    YAY! Allie, I hope they are a lot of fun for you to play. I can't wait to see some entries! :mrgreen:
    140820-HBmsSZamsz7b.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Allie, thank you for the FR, I have accepted. :mrgreen:

Edit to add: Btw, Allie, did you and Patti ever decide who referred whom? :wink::lol:
    140820-HBmsSZamsz7b.gif
  • Options
    whatsociallifewhatsociallife Posts: 1,245 Member
    edited July 2014
    I made my sims a couple of days ago and am going to go into game to play them for a bit over the weekend in their new SV home to get a feel for them before I build. Are you up for sneak peek pics?
    :mrgreen:
  • Options
    pchapmanpchapman Posts: 260 Member
    edited July 2014
    I too have made my sims, that seems like the easy part. I have started skilling them, and they have moved to Oasis Landing. I have started my house 3 times and 3 times bull dozed it. :D
    Origin ID for Sims 4: patti2297
    Follow me on Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/27640240@N08/

• Options
    edited July 2014
    Ivanna420 wrote:

Edit to add: Btw, Allie, did you and Patti ever decide who referred whom? :wink::lol:

Hahah I referred her, but she will say she referred me. But it really doesn't matter. She is my mom in real life so I will let her think she referred me. :)
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    pchapman wrote:
    I too have made my sims, that seems like the easy part. I have started skilling them, and they have moved to Oasis Landing. I have started my house 3 times and 3 times bull dozed it. :D

This sounds like something I would do. I haven't started my house yet due tot he fact that I had to work yesterday. Today however will be my day to play the sims if the kids let me that is. lol
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I made my sims a couple of days ago and am going to go into game to play them for a bit over the weekend in their new SV home to get a feel for them before I build. Are you up for sneak peek pics?

I would love sneak peeks :) I bet they are awesome!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I'm really happy with my Jenny I just can't get Lucas how I want him.
    Plus my laptop is struggling in the heat and has just switched itself off mid game. Good job we have ages left lol. My 12 year old is hoping I go out and get a new laptop so she can sim - her current hand-me-down laptop can't handle it :(
    My sims haven't moved to OL yet - Jenny is upsetting EVERYONE who she does a makeover on and Lucas is up all night hacking to make ends meet. They barely see each other :-(
  • Options
    edited July 2014

Whatsolciallife, I am always up for sneak peek, sweetie. :wink:
    140820-HBmsSZamsz7b.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Ivanna420 wrote:

Hahah I referred her, but she will say she referred me. But it really doesn't matter. She is my mom in real life so I will let her think she referred me. :)

Awww, That is so great. I love seeing mom and daughters who both sim. I have a RL daughter who used to be on here with me. In fact, she the one who got me started simming. :wink: She hasn't been on here much in the last 2 years ,though. In that time she has had 2 babies, plus her computer died, but she's mainly just been to busy with my grandbabies.
    140820-HBmsSZamsz7b.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Plus my laptop is struggling in the heat and has just switched itself off mid game. Good job we have ages left lol. My 12 year old is hoping I go out and get a new laptop so she can sim - her current hand-me-down laptop can't handle it :(
    My sims haven't moved to OL yet - Jenny is upsetting EVERYONE who she does a makeover on and Lucas is up all night hacking to make ends meet. They barely see each other :-(

:shock: That sounds like Jenny's got some work to do... :lol: I hope things improve for them. :mrgreen:
    140820-HBmsSZamsz7b.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Ivanna420 wrote:

Awww, That is so great. I love seeing mom and daughters who both sim. I have a RL daughter who used to be on here with me. In fact, she the one who got me started simming. :wink: She hasn't been on here much in the last 2 years ,though. In that time she has had 2 babies, plus her computer died, but she's mainly just been to busy with my grandbabies.

Both my daughters Sim. My other daughter is busy working on her Legacy Challenge. Allison & I are trying to get her over here to the contests though. Allison too is busy with my grandkids (ages 4 & 18 months) plus going to school full time. Once school starts for her this fall, I imagine she won't be able to play as much.

Building this house is proving to be a challenge to keep under 250k and get everything in. Got to remember to save often as my PC is not as good as it could be. :)

• Options
    edited July 2014

My laptop isn't handling the sims anymore. It would crash all of the time from getting too hot. I had a cooling pad under it as well. It works well enough for when I am editing photos (I am a photographer in real life) and that is about it. So I took over the hubby's computer for the time being. His computer runs the sims great, so he doesn't need to use his computer anymore haha.

I have moved my sims to OL but haven't really worked on their skills too much thought I would do that once I got Jenny's dream house built. Which let me tell you is a struggle to keep on budget! This girl has a lot of demands for a semi small amount of money haha. But I like the challenge. :)

• Options
    edited July 2014

@Ivanna "Awww, That is so great. I love seeing mom and daughters who both sim. I have a RL daughter who used to be on here with me. In fact, she the one who got me started simming. :wink: She hasn't been on here much in the last 2 years ,though. In that time she has had 2 babies, plus her computer died, but she's mainly just been to busy with my grandbabies. [/quote]

It is hard to sim sometimes, I have young children, husband, and a job that keeps me busy. But I find time on the weekends, or in the evening. My sister sims as well and probably plays more then myself and Pchapman!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Does anyone remember where the recharging stations are? I can't find them anywhere.
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited July 2014
    One is in with beds and the bonus one if you ordered through Origin is in misc electronics.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Ughhh. She finally did a successful makeover and then the laptop crashed again :mrgreen:
    I am going to pick up a chill mat tomorrow and see if it helps - I have a decent laptop with great specs and a decent graphics card but it's 3 years old now so hopefully the mat might extend its life a little and get me through summer without chucking it out of the window!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    ciane wrote:
    One is in with beds and the bonus one if you ordered through Origin is in misc electronics.

Thanks!! :)
    Ughhh. She finally did a successful makeover and then the laptop crashed again :mrgreen:
    I am going to pick up a chill mat tomorrow and see if it helps - I have a decent laptop with great specs and a decent graphics card but it's 3 years old now so hopefully the mat might extend its life a little and get me through summer without chucking it out of the window!

Good luck it didn't seem to help mine. I was in a similar situation with my laptop. It is about 3 years old but I think my son spilled something near it because it used to be able to play sims with no problems.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    This is going to be one BIG house when I am done, and my question is on testing. I would like to know how you test your houses. Do you move your sims in early in the build and periodically ask them to do certain things or do you wait until you are done. The sims cannot be uploaded with the house so I guess I am not quite sure how to upload the sims with their skill points and without the house.

• Options
    romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    edited July 2014
    I move my sims in early in the build so they can test and upgrade as I go. Also helps with depreciating the lot so you can get more for your $$$'s

When you go to share it gives you the option of the household only, so you can upload your sims as a household with all skills intact. Then in edit town you evict your household so you can upload the lot on it's own.

Before you do all that remember while in edit town to add the household and lot info and names on the little bio sheet and save that so it will show in Ivanna's game. I also add that it was made by me there so they don't have to check back and forth to see who made which lot or household.

• Options
    edited July 2014
    pchapman wrote:
    Ivanna420 wrote:

Both my daughters Sim. My other daughter is busy working on her Legacy Challenge. Allison & I are trying to get her over here to the contests though. Allison too is busy with my grandkids (ages 4 & 18 months) plus going to school full time. Once school starts for her this fall, I imagine she won't be able to play as much.

Building this house is proving to be a challenge to keep under 250k and get everything in. Got to remember to save often as my PC is not as good as it could be. :)

My oldest like to play as well, but she doesn't have a computer at the moment. I've been trying to get to check out the forums when she had one, but could never convince her. :(

As far as budget goes, just remember that any part of the budget that you don't use on the commercial lot, if you plan on enter that one, can be used on the house. :wink:

140820-HBmsSZamsz7b.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Ivanna420 wrote:

As far as budget goes, just remember that any part of the budget that you don't use on the commercial lot, if you plan on enter that one, can be used on the house. :wink:

I've never done a commercial lot so I'm liable to try one just cuz. Thank goodness recoloring is allowed, because I tend to use that allot, especially on the 0 floor & 0 wallpaper. I just wish there was more 0 wallpaper. :mrgreen: