March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tutorial Directory (WIP) ~ Closed

MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
Welcome to the Tutorial Directory!
(Closed)
Or should it be Tutorial Compilation? Idk, still deciding. xD
Decided to start the tutorial directory now.
I normally don't do this, I tend to work on something until its perfect for release, but I thought I'd publish it and work on it over time instead so people have something to look at and can contribute to. I'm still unsure of the general organization, so things will probably move around a lot and be messy (I'm taking suggestions). Sorry for the inconvenience.

Related Threads
The Sims Modeling, Hosting, and Judging Guide
List of Current, Future, and Past competitions: Modeling Competition Directory
Share your before and after edits here!
TS4 Sims & Modeling Chat Thread

This thread is now open for questions, submissions, suggestions, etc. If you find a tutorial that you think will be useful, whether it be Sims based, real life, drawing, an image, video, or written article, please post it here or send it to me so I can take a look. If it seems well made and informative, I'll add it.

I'd like to remind everyone that if you understand your program well enough, most of these tutorials for a different program can be translated and used in another. So if it says Photoshop and you use Gimp, don't be afraid to try it out. A lot of tools are similar in each program, like Smudge in PS is still Smudge in Gimp, etc., and a few are under different names.

Format for Submitting Tutorials:
Name of Tutorial: (Write the name.)
Creator/Writer: (Write the name(s) of the creators.)
Program: (List the program(s) it is for.)
Link(s): (Place the link(s) here.)
Name of Tutorial:
Creator/Writer:
Program:
Link(s):

Tips for Writing Tutorials
  • Don't rush. You make mistakes when you do.
  • Details are important. Go over all the steps.
  • Remember your audience. Not everyone knows the basics, shortcuts, or how to do something.
  • Be clear in your writing. You don't need perfect English, but being clear is important.
  • Use pictures or video to go along with your writing. It's important to show your steps so they can follow along.
If you have other tips, feel free to post them.

Remember, this thread is for all editing, drawing, and modeling tutorials, even if its not about Sims.
Post edited by MizoreYukii on

Comments