Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Play The Sims 3 to Win Big ~CONGRATS WINNERS~

Comments

• Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited November 2013
    One thing I've discovered is that each world has different sizes of available lots. One world might not have any blank lots smaller than 40 by 40(making it more expensive to set up house), while another might not have anything bigger than 40 by 30 (which is why I don't have the Early Prodigies Learning Center in my current game, like I had planned). So I looked at several of the world before picking one, then ended up changing twice more when I had major problems with the first two games. (I can still go back and play them, but not for this challenge.)

Maybe when I have a bunch of "free time" I'll look at each world I own and see what the available lot sizes are. (Then I'll probably find out someone has done it already ... )

(Okay, Google is my friend. Yes, at least some of it is on http://sims.wikia.com. Aurora Skies - yes. Sunset Valley - no. I haven't checked any others.)

MamaDragontoBlueDragon (but spelled without all those letters) has a blog where she lists all the empty lot sizes. I refer to her listing all the time. The link is in her "my blog" on her My Page. I'll go track it down for you.

Here's her link and the one she links to, which has all lot info for all the downloadable lots from EA near the end. It lists all except Sunset Valley there (as that one wasn't downloadable - it came with the game).

http://mmdrgntobldrgn.wordpress.com/the-complete-list-of-empty-lots/

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/The_Sims_3

:mrgreen:
  • Options
    goodnighthelenagoodnighthelena Posts: 45 Member
    edited November 2013
    Sign me up! This would be my first challenge and I'm just itching to participate!

Also, this:
    kkoon wrote:
    Quick question. Since this is the first time I have ever shared memories or anything like that, would it be possible to just have them in my studio or do you want them shared here? I'm concerned that the amount of memories would take up a lot of space :)

I was thinking the exact same thing. In what format would be best? I'm thinking of following your advice and just making my own thread.
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited November 2013
    My plan is to upload to an album in photobucket and just link to that album here.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    ciane wrote:
    My plan is to upload to an album in photobucket and just link to that album here.

Good idea - that didn't even cross my mind!
  • Options
    CaySedaiSimCaySedaiSim Posts: 581 Member
    edited November 2013
    ciane wrote:
    MamaDragontoBlueDragon (but spelled without all those letters) has a blog where she lists all the empty lot sizes. I refer to her listing all the time. The link is in her "my blog" on her My Page. I'll go track it down for you.

Here's her link and the one she links to, which has all lot info for all the downloadable lots from EA near the end. It lists all except Sunset Valley there (as that one wasn't downloadable - it came with the game).

http://mmdrgntobldrgn.wordpress.com/the-complete-list-of-empty-lots/

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/The_Sims_3

:mrgreen:

Thanks, ciane! I think my current game will do, but it's handy information for the future.
    Member of the Own the Store Club! B)
  • Options
    kkoonkkoon Posts: 71 Member
    edited November 2013
    I will use this space to post mine. After reading all the replies, I've gone ahead and just used the Photobucket idea. :) Here is the link to my album there.

http://s1014.photobucket.com/user/kkoontz916/library/Sims Challenge

Since Zoe has only been a teenager for a few days, I will be adding more to that album.

Since I started this, I've earned 13 badges so far! :D

Shared 1 Memory
    Shared 5 Memories
    Shared 10 Memories
    Shared 25 Memories
    Shared 50 Memories
    Shared 100 Memories
    Happy Holidays
    Supporter of the Arts
    Burnout
    Trick or Treat
    Serenity Now
    Til Death Do We Part
    Tag 10 Walls
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I hope OP comes on soon - I wanna get added to the list so I can start! :lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    edited November 2013
    Your photos are looking great kkoon :) Very nice moments that you have captured in the lives of your sims . They are special events as well as everyday moments in Zoe's life. I will look forward to seeing further updates now as a teenager. She looks like she enjoys doing street art.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Hello goodnighthelena :) I think that you can start taking the memories straight away before being added to the list of entrants. I hope that you have lots of fun seeing your sim grow and capturing every day moments as well as special events in his/her life. :)
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    OK...don't laugh ya'll. I went in game 45 minutes ago to start this challenge. Remember how I said "I want to do this because I want to something other then build blah blah blah.".

Yeah. I might have just spent those last 45 minutes revamping the SV school lot to fit the Town Life school plus a bunch of fun extras. I was placing all my favorite lots and got a little off track. :lol: I guess I really did need this challenge. :oops:

You enjoyed doing the building though so that is great! :) I will look forward to seeing the memories of what is happening in your sim's life when you post them.
  • Options
    LissykinLissykin Posts: 2,794 Member
    edited November 2013
    Anyway, apparently third time's the charm for me. I am using the house with the pond now. I edited the town to add a couple of venues - one from the exchange (Lil' Farmer's Park: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7799290), and the Stones Throw Greenhouse. I modified both of them a little bit. I put a playpen, swing and walker in the greenhouse, as well as all-in-one bathrooms.

My family has been to the future, and I learned a valuable lesson there. Put the crib and potty chair in family inventory first (and toys, too), and you won't have to buy them in the future (when traveling with a toddler). And you can put future stuff in your sim's personal or family inventory and bring it back ... (sneaky, right? I hope this doesn't make my game invalid for the contest. I would like to point out that my sim brought back a book totally on her own and she does not the kleptomaniac trait.)

I always have a problem with trying to find a bed in the future that nobody else will use. I set it as my sim's bed, but other people come along and use it anyway. But by putting it in the family inventory until my sim needs, it, it won't be used by other people. I also changed the wallpaper in that room so it's easy to find.

WOOT! I'm so happy for you that it's working finally! I was feeling bad that you were going through so much, but it sounds like you've sorted it all out nicely. Yay! :mrgreen:
    Also, I like the park you found. Very helpful indeed. I've downloaded and faved it for the next time I need a good park. Thank you for sharing it here. :)
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Rayshizzie wrote:
    I've never used mediafire before to dl anything but I would definitely be willing to try it. Thanks you!

No problem at all! :D

Since I couldn't remember which Sims you were using, I've gone ahead and added all of them to mediafire.

Krissy

Zoe

Adam

Josh

Bella

Berry

I hope this works! :wink:
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Sign me up! This would be my first challenge and I'm just itching to participate!

Also, this:
    kkoon wrote:
    Quick question. Since this is the first time I have ever shared memories or anything like that, would it be possible to just have them in my studio or do you want them shared here? I'm concerned that the amount of memories would take up a lot of space :)

I was thinking the exact same thing. In what format would be best? I'm thinking of following your advice and just making my own thread.

Hi, and welcome! :D
    I've added you to the list. As far as the memories go, it's up to you how you want to present them. Posting all of them in your post is fine, even if there's 50+. Since we won't be quoting the images, there's little risk in the thread crashing. If you would prefer to start a new thread for your memories, or just post the link to an album in Photobucket or Minus (or any other image host) that's fine too.

Thank you! Good luck, and have fun! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    kkoon wrote:
    I will use this space to post mine. After reading all the replies, I've gone ahead and just used the Photobucket idea. :) Here is the link to my album there.

http://s1014.photobucket.com/user/kkoontz916/library/Sims Challenge

Since Zoe has only been a teenager for a few days, I will be adding more to that album.

Since I started this, I've earned 10 badges so far! :D

Looking good so far! Congrats on the badges. :thumbup:
    Don't forget to make a list here of the badges you achieved, it's something the judges and I would like to know. :wink:
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    rosemow wrote:
    Hello goodnighthelena :) I think that you can start taking the memories straight away before being added to the list of entrants. I hope that you have lots of fun seeing your sim grow and capturing special events in his/her life. :)

Your right! :mrgreen:
    Thanks for answering her question for me. I really appreciate it. *hugs*
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    rosemow wrote:
    Hello goodnighthelena :) I think that you can start taking the memories straight away before being added to the list of entrants. I hope that you have lots of fun seeing your sim grow and capturing special events in his/her life. :)

You're right! :mrgreen:
    Thanks for answering her question for me. I really appreciate it. *hugs*
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    GAHHH!!! Zoe is bugged in my game! She won't age up, no matter what I try. And if I try to move out the family and move them back in, Zoe disappears! She doesn't appear in the picture in the loading screen either. I think I'm going to have to start over. :(

This stinks!! :cry:

I hope you were able to find the problem and correct it. I think I'm going to add an additional week to the contest to help combat these set backs. It hardly seems fair that you lose time due to a technical issue.

Please leave me an update on how you're doing. :)
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    OK...don't laugh ya'll. I went in game 45 minutes ago to start this challenge. Remember how I said "I want to do this because I want to something other then build blah blah blah.".

Yeah. I might have just spent those last 45 minutes revamping the SV school lot to fit the Town Life school plus a bunch of fun extras. I was placing all my favorite lots and got a little off track. :lol: I guess I really did need this challenge. :oops:

Buwah ha ha ha ha ha!!!

I totally feel your pain. I can't ever start a new neighborhood without rearranging everything. I actually have saved revisions of most of my community buildings to help me save time on this inevitability. lol :wink:
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    kkoon wrote:

Hi! I can't remember if I answered this, so please forgive me if it's a repeat. :)

It's fine to post the link to your memories in your studio. I'm going to update the OP to include that option.

I hope you're having fun! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    DangerDangerDangerDanger Posts: 5,327 Member
    edited November 2013
    Lissykin wrote:
    GAHHH!!! Zoe is bugged in my game! She won't age up, no matter what I try. And if I try to move out the family and move them back in, Zoe disappears! She doesn't appear in the picture in the loading screen either. I think I'm going to have to start over. :(

This stinks!! :cry:

I hope you were able to find the problem and correct it. I think I'm going to add an additional week to the contest to help combat these set backs. It hardly seems fair that you lose time due to a technical issue.

Please leave me an update on how you're doing. :)

I started over. It only took me maybe forty-five minutes, half an hour to regain all of the skills that old Zoe had, so I just didn't make any new memories, I just played along until she reached childhood finally. It worked on a separate save! Now if I have this problem again when she becomes a teen, I don't know what I'll do! LOL
    Hi. I'm Danger. I like spaceships, Pringles, and cats. I dislike fruits and vegetables, sunlight, and the motion picture Titanic. I do not own a sword, nor do I know how to draw unicorns. As you can see, I don't have much to offer the world.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    kettlelady wrote:
    Ok, I've already gathered some memories but I think it's not so easy in my case cause I had all my memories in polish so... I was trying more to tell the story not to translate very strict. And the game is not very polite today - sometimes I got some troubles and it breaks and goes off but now it's very often and it's like I was playing, Zoe grew up, became a kid, her imaginary friend also grew up and the game crashed. Today I tried to copy the same scenario to go on with the same plot but imaginary friend got a bug and couldn't grew up :( Ok, I'll edit my post and show what's the problem with translated memories :D (and there are no screens, I don't know what has happened -.-)

Hi! Did you sort this out? You can list a link to your studio, I think I can get my browser to translate your memories from polish. The translation may not be perfect, but the judges and I will be able to understand enough to see what you've been achieving. You can also upload the images to an image hosting service wherein you've edited the images to include the translations.

I hope that answers your question. Good luck to you! :)
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    @DangerDanger: What a relief!! :mrgreen: I'm crossing my fingers and toes that nothing else weird will happen. lol *crossing now*
  • Options
    RayshizzieRayshizzie Posts: 2,650 Member
    edited November 2013
    Omg thank you so much it worked! Yay, I'm so excited, I have the little one downloaded I'm going to DL the parent (still deciding on which parent ) and get started on my entry tomorrow! Thanks SO much!
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Rayshizzie wrote:
    Omg thank you so much it worked! Yay, I'm so excited, I have the little one downloaded I'm going to DL the parent (still deciding on which parent ) and get started on my entry tomorrow! Thanks SO much!

Woot! Woot!! This is such good news!! I'm going to add the mediafire links to the main page in case anyone else has that problem.

I'm so very happy for you!!!! :mrgreen: 8) :thumbup:
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I hope everyone is having fun! It seems like most people are successfully underway. That's wonderful!

I wanted to take a moment to reiterate the most important feature of this contest to the judges and I....We believe that there's a whole lot more to creativity than making Sims, designing clothes and building houses. Playing the game requires creative thinking! :)
    We thought this contest was an excellent way to make more players aware of features and functions, objects, etc. that they may have missed from never 'really' playing fully, that is without cheats. There also seems to be a drive to just grind away at the aspirations of the Sims, pushing to get 'romance', marriage, and having endless children; then rinsing and repeating, without really experiencing a fun, no pressure time with a child and building wealth by using the game creatively.

The idea for this was to give everyone a chance to be challenged in the way they play, and challenge themselves. It's easy to get into ruts of game play, so this is the perfect chance to try all the things that haven't been done before.

There are several things that you can do with your sims that will make this even more fun. May I suggest trying some of these?

Are the parent and child going fishing together?
    Playing in the ocean?
    Playing together in the sand?
    Is the parent taking them to the park and just pushing them on the swing?
    Is the parent helping with homework?
    Are they just dancing together to the stereo?
    Are they going to the pool, both learning to dive?
    Playing chess together?
    Is the parent reading to them? Reading them to sleep [this may require an EP, but if you can, try it!]
    If they have the ballet barre, are they both using it?
    If they have Generations, is the child attending after school activities?
    Are they learning all the skills related to them?
    Are they taking field trips to the Bistro give them cooking skills that will appear when they become teens? Or to the Theater to gain musical skills?
    Is the child using the oven and then selling baked goods?

Tips for earning money together:
    Parent and child having fun fishing generates fish for sale!
    Parent and child writing books together in the library generates income. (Those early books don't take very long to write.) :mrgreen:

I wish you all the best of luck, and hope that this gives you that chance to really have fun with your little Simmie friends. Happy Simming!!