The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Play The Sims 3 to Win Big ~CONGRATS WINNERS~

Comments

• NOXXINOXXI Posts: 2,728 Member
    edited November 2013
    Just gonna collect my pics up here :wink:

original.jpg
    The best way to start parenting.. is not to start at all apprently! :lol: Bella went to play golf instead

original.jpg
    Berry decided the house was dull, so instead it became a moon to explore! In only the best purple spacesuit ofc :wink:

original.jpg
    You cant really see them... but they are there! Bella and berry went to celebrate the love festival... in the rain!! They had their faces painting and had a boogie

original.jpg
    Back home Bella decided the walls looked too bare... so she got to decorating

original.jpg
    Berry decided she could do one better than her mother and lerant to paint... outside.. in the dark... on a full moon... surrounded by zombies! :lol:

original.jpg
    Bella decided perhaps she should actually learn the skill relevant to her music career :roll:

original.jpg
    And then she decided to decorate some walls some more (street art rank 2) and also gained a rebel rank... now she has a megaphone... oh dear... :twisted:
  • LissykinLissykin Posts: 2,791 Member
    edited November 2013
    @CaySedaiSim: I somehow overlooked your post yesterday, I'm sorry about that! Thank you Ray for offering such good suggestions. The only thing I would add is to gather up all the harvestable plants in the area and sell them. I would also suggest selling fish. If there are items from the house you don't need, like three counters in the kitchen when you only need on to prepare food, then I would sell those.

I hope you can find a way around without having to cheat. Let me know how it turned out! I'll try to think of more things to help you out.
  • LissykinLissykin Posts: 2,791 Member
    edited November 2013
    oiswise wrote:
    The first house is too expensive for a single sim with a toddler who are given 1700 right out of CAS.

I edited the yard to make them able to afford it by deleting the fence around the garden, the decorative trees, the 2 rocks, and the pink plastic flamingo.

They were able to move in with less than $20 to their name and no crib or potty. Checked out the book case which had multiples of the skill books so kept one of each and sold the extras as well as the plant on the dresser to buy crib, potty chair and the music and block toys. Super broke!

:?: Is selling the extra copies of books a money cheat?

Glad to see so much interest in the contest its so different than any I have seen before.

This is really concerning to me! I checked and double checked the price to make sure it would work. I'm terribly sorry you were stuck with no funds. :oops:
    I'm going to download the lot into my game again and try to figure out where I went wrong.
    You can sell all the extra items around the house that you want, that's not a cheat. You can sell anything that you aren't using.

Thanks for playing! Best of luck to you! *hugs*
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,569 Member
    edited November 2013
    Your entry is looking great NOXXI :)Berry looks great in her purple play suit. It is a bit scary for her to be outside painting at night when it is a full moon!
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited November 2013
    Wow, that Josh is a hunk! He just grew up to a teen and oh, my! NICE looking!

We just play until the toddler or child is a young adult?
  • CaySedaiSimCaySedaiSim Posts: 581 Member
    edited November 2013
    Lissykin wrote:
    @CaySedaiSim: I somehow overlooked your post yesterday, I'm sorry about that! Thank you Ray for offering such good suggestions. The only thing I would add is to gather up all the harvestable plants in the area and sell them. I would also suggest selling fish. If there are items from the house you don't need, like three counters in the kitchen when you only need on to prepare food, then I would sell those.

I hope you can find a way around without having to cheat. Let me know how it turned out! I'll try to think of more things to help you out.

I haven't used the cheat yet ...

My advice for people picking the Victorian house is to edit it beforehand and take out as much as you can. Change the wallpaper for cheaper, even. When I put my sims in it, I had to take it unfurnished. That meant no beds, table, chair, living room furniture, etc. All it had was kitchen counters, stove, fridge, sink and bathroom stuff. Some of the lights were gone, as were all the harvestable plants, including the trees. Decorative plants were still there. :roll:

My sims are sleeping on the cheapest single beds. I did buy the easel, because the mom has the LTW of illustrious author (I think that's the one - level 10 in writing and painting). I have started them both writing - at the library, as we can't afford a desk, let alone a computer. And now that the daughter is a child, the mom can get a job. She couldn't afford a babysitter at first, so she couldn't leave the lot at all. (No stroller, and no option to take the child along)

I think I was going on the assumption that they would have 20,000 simoleons, which wasn't the case. Was it that way in Sims2? I'm not sure where I got that number. The description (of the Victorian house) says it's under $17,500, but you have to take the lot size into consideration. I put it on a slightly larger lot and that was part of the problem.
    Member of the Own the Store Club! B)
  • VanessaVennerVanessaVenner Posts: 347 Member
    edited November 2013
    picgifs-books-978998.gif

@ Lissykin and @ Dawn thank you for hosting such a fun competition. To Just play the game and be able to share step by step is so different.

@ Dawn thank you
    Enjoying your entry sooo far Nessa

@ Rayshizzie thank you
    Also wanted to say great entry Vanessa! I really enhoyed going through and reading everything! Can't wait to see more

@ rosemow thank you
    Your entry is looking great VanessaVenner I am enjoying looking at the pictures and reading the captions. Very nice photo of Krissy reading a book to Zoe at the library. Krissy and Zoe look like they are both having fun enjoying what they are doing in the photo when Krissy is painting and Zoe is playing with the blue blocks.

@ NOXXI loving your pictures and comments so far. Would love to see what Bella does with the megaphone. It is fun to see people doing the same competition and just how differently it can be approached. We all play the same game yet from our own perspective. Quite interesting.

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • BlackZanieBlackZanie Posts: 568 New Member
    edited November 2013
    This sounds like an interesting contest ! May I be entered please ? I used to play single parents all the time, though I must admit I rarely get to choose the traits of their offsprings when they grow up :roll: I guess I'll have to make some radical changes to my gameplay, lol. But I'm ready to take up the challenge and try to convince my sims to act like responsible parents ! :mrgreen:
    edited November 2013
    I may have missed this...

Is the object to accumulate as many memories as possible? I'm just curious as I play on a realistic time span with one Sim day for each year of life. I allow my toddlers five days to cover their pre-school days. Then, they are kids for 7 days, bringing them up to 12, pre-teen, and they are teens for just 7 days, which would equate to 19 years at the start of university.

They don't have a lot of extra time that way, and it makes every minute count just like in real life and our priorities. However, that might not be the best way to play this. Thus, my question.
  • NOXXINOXXI Posts: 2,728 Member
    edited November 2013
    Im playing mine on just the normal time setting :)

Thanks for the comments guys :D
    edited November 2013
    I must have the unlucky trait.

I started a new game, set in Moonlight Falls, where the smallest lot I could find was 40 by 40. I changed wallpaper, sold most of the furniture, even sold windows and the back porch railing. I sent my Krissy to China for three days (called the babysitter first!) but when she got back, there was no Zoe.

So I quit without saving at that point. But I had saved during the trip to China, so I guess I'll be starting over.

Again. :roll:

What is the secret to going on a trip without a toddler? (In past games I had a couple and sent one, or would take the whole family, but that won't work with a toddler.) Any idea why Zoe disappeared? I didn't get any notifications.

I might try the other house next time. It's not as pretty as the Victorian, but it does come with a pond, so fishing is a possible way to earn money at first. My plan is for Zoe to be an adventurer, so if she can go on trips with her mom, that will help her.

Also, some questions.
    1. There was mention of time setting/life span. Any preferences?
    2. Do we stop playing when the target sim reaches YA, during the YA phase or what? I think it would be cool to do the whole life span.
    3. Also, I did change their outfits and hair color but nothing else. Would there be a problem with changing the names? I didn't and wouldn't change the given traits.

Also, please don't take it personally or think I'm criticizing the contest. I haven't played much for quite some time and am sort of getting back into it (while trying to not spend all my time on Sims - I sometimes exhibit addictive behavior with games - and by sometimes I mean a lot). I haven't done any contests like this before and I'm trying to follow the rules and everything. I haven't been playing with cheats in my games for quite a while, but it is harder for a single parent in the game, especially with a toddler, and that's really the point of the contest, isn't it? So I need to figure out what I can and can't do in order to make this work.
  • ErnesaTErnesaT Posts: 7,474 Member
    edited November 2013
    I want to play, please. :mrgreen:

I'll let you know which sims and house I choose.

I'm not in for the win but, merely, the challenge. I'm finally getting to play my game again. If I should happen to place, can I donate my points?
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
  • kettleladykettlelady Posts: 303 New Member
    edited December 2013
    Hey, I'm about playing in two minutes but just come across to say that I've chosen sweet Kieffer girls and this more expensive home, will be back in couple of hours with screens and story! :D

Today (21.11.2013 - or as you prefer 11/21/2013) I received some badges, I'll show you them right now :D (boasting boasting :D)

http://mypage.thesims3.com/badges.html?screenName=kettlelady
    1. 5 shared memories (November 19th)
    2. 10 shared memories (November 19th)
    3. Burnout (November 19th)
    4. 25 shared memories (November 20th)
    5. Happy holidays! (November 20th)
    6. Trick or Treat (November 20th)
    7. Snow sculptor (November 20th)

My memories are in polish so it's a nonsense to paste them, I'll make my own description :D
    "height=250""width=400"

It's like diary of Krissy :)

Picking up Zoe!
    I'm picking up Zoe to show her our first brand new home - inherited after very old, grumpy aunt! She wasn't good woman but at least at the old age she felt some remorses that she didn't take care after me after my parents' death!
    Screenshot-15_zps954f3fd5.jpg"height=250""width=400"

Our house is beautiful!
    What a shame that all we've got are fireplace and shower!
    Screenshot-63_zps97c05d58.jpg"height=250""width=400"

I'm on the way to be one of jocks!
    Nice man in llama costume came to my house and told me about University. I wish I could study martial arts but who would stay with Zoe???
    Screenshot-68_zps4ed071eb.jpg"height=250""width=400"

Found a job!
    Me and Zoe unfortunately can't feed on air and sunlight that's why I have to go to the work. I'm starting my career in the law enforcement, I hope that one day Zoe will be proud of me!
    Screenshot-74_zps535fb30e.jpg"height=250""width=400"

Zoe's first very own room!
    Screenshot-73_zpsf812acd9.jpg"height=250""width=400"

First day at work!
    Zoe is safe at home with nanny, I'm already missing her! Ehhh... now only 3160500 hours of work, anwsering phones, picking, packing and listening to orders!
    Screenshot-92_zps2db5f49a.jpg"height=250""width=400"

It's no easy to be a single mom... Yaaaaawn.
    Screenshot-79_zps788ed818.jpg"height=250""width=400"

I'm catching my first bug!
    I thought that they are ugly but Science Lab collects them and pays nice money for them so it will be nice adding to the salary... Maybe I should buy something to Zoe? Oh, flower. How much it is worth? WHAT?! Even 600 simoleons? I think I'll treat it like a good adding to my salary.
    Screenshot-83_zps940d4190.jpg"height=250""width=400"

Burnt pancakes!
    Oh no! Burnt pancakes! Now they taste like charcoal, not like something to eat! Always in a hurry!
    Screenshot-91_zpsb39b43d8.jpg"height=250""width=400"

Hurry, hurry, I'm late to work!
    I'm hungry, Zoe too, it's 8 o'clock and I hear beeep-beeep horn downstairs - it's my collegue from work, he's so nice that he's picking me everyday to the job!
    Screenshot-129_zps8de58223.jpg"height=250""width=400"

I'm too tired to even open a fridge
    Once a year fast food won't kill me! I need a stroll at the park - law enforcement career can be really exhausting!
    Screenshot-97_zps40c4cd89.jpg"height=250""width=400"

I'm learning how to catch a big fish!
    Ok, I got a nice, freshly catched fish... But how to cook it? And who's that strange pale... GREEN guy?
    Screenshot-99_zps1778e1ad.jpg"height=250""width=400"

Hahaha, oh gosh, he's so funny. I don't get his point but he was amusing!
    Screenshot-101_zps491bbe85.jpg"height=250""width=400"

I'll add more memories tomorrow because today it's the middle of the night and I'm exhausted like Krissy.

..:::UPDATE - 6th December:::..

Huuuurrrraaaeee! Snowy Day Holiday! What's the best to do? Make a party? Read new novels from Readings Club? Paint a picture? Build an igloo with Zoe? NOOO!!! It's time to sleep and get power back (or just enough to survive another week as a law enforcement worker!)
    Screenshot-105_zps3a1e6f9b.jpg"height=250""width=400"

But in the evening, when Zoe is sleeping in her crib, now it's my time to pursuit happiness! I can't afford for the painting courses so I have to learn by myself!
    Screenshot-107_zps17efb4ad.jpg"height=250""width=400"

Our first '4 wheels' and first walk with pushchair! Zoe was really delighted when she could observe all environment and running wild horses!
    Screenshot-109_zpsb77b86f5.jpg"height=250""width=400"

Big girls:
    1. Don't cry
    2. CAN USE A POTTY! It took a while but now Zoe doesn't need so much nappies!
    Screenshot-115_zps7fe25114.jpg"height=250""width=400"

Zoe is no longer afraid to sleep alone in the dark! She received from Auntie B. strange ragdoll! Sometimes I got goosebombs because I'm feeling like doll is looking at me.
    Screenshot-84_zps44a8b0df.jpg"height=250""width=400"

• dawnrobdawnrob Posts: 1,296 Member
    edited November 2013
    Hiya Guys :0) Im at home poorly with the flu at the moment .. I just wanted to call in to cheer Lissy on YAAAY Lissy Yaaaay *hugs*

im_sick_by_lazypandeh-d5gq5j6.png
    edited November 2013
    Ah, snuggles Dawn!

Nesa, yay! Looking forward to seeing that.
    edited November 2013
    dawnrob wrote:
    Hiya Guys :0) Im at home poorly with the flu at the moment .. I just wanted to call in to cheer Lissy on YAAAY Lissy Yaaaay *hugs*

im_sick_by_lazypandeh-d5gq5j6.png

Awwww... I hope you feel better soon.
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
    edited November 2013
    ciane wrote:
    Ah, snuggles Dawn!

Why? :| Because I hardly get to play? :hunf: :lol::lol::lol:
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
  • kettleladykettlelady Posts: 303 New Member
    edited November 2013
    I hope that no one will be yelling because of my question... I've just started my storyline and collecting memories but I've read carefully rules on the first page and there's "one post for entry" - that means that I can't add everyday new memories just one time all story and that's it, right?
    edited November 2013
    That's why I think a link in your post to a thread or album elsewhere will work best, kettlelady.

I think they want everything in one place for ease and to make sure they don't miss something.

I use photobucket and can easily create an album just for these memory shots and give them subject titles.

If you upload them as memories, they'll all be together in your studio.
    edited November 2013
    ErnesaT wrote:
    ciane wrote:

I love seeing how everyone plays their games so differently. And, I am so happy you'll be taking the time to actually PLAY your game too!
  • RayshizzieRayshizzie Posts: 2,650 Member
    edited November 2013
    ciane wrote:
    Ray, are you sure they didn't show up in CAS even though you got that message?

Oh that's a great idea! going to check now, thank you :D
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,569 Member
    edited November 2013
    quote=CaySedaiSim]I must have the unlucky trait.

I started a new game, set in Moonlight Falls, where the smallest lot I could find was 40 by 40. I changed wallpaper, sold most of the furniture, even sold windows and the back porch railing. I sent my Krissy to China for three days (called the babysitter first!) but when she got back, there was no Zoe.

So I quit without saving at that point. But I had saved during the trip to China, so I guess I'll be starting over.

Again. :roll:

What is the secret to going on a trip without a toddler? (In past games I had a couple and sent one, or would take the whole family, but that won't work with a toddler.) Any idea why Zoe disappeared? I didn't get any notifications.

/quote]

I have read that this sometimes happens. A suggestion that people have is to :
    " The only way I've ever been able to get the baby back is to evict the family, and then move them back onto the lot. The baby is always there when I move them back into the lot."

I hope that helps. :)
    edited November 2013
    Thanks for the advice, rosemow. I'm considering my options now.

I may go back to my first attempt. I was having problems because of the cost of the house and lot, and I had to take it unfurnished. But the toddler girl is aged to a child, so there are more options now.

I might go back to the second attempt, the one where the toddler went missing while mom was off in China, and do the evict family thing to see if that solves the problem. I had saved during the vacation, so it's possible the girl will be there when the mom goes back this time. Who knows?

Or I could start over, but try the other house this time and see if having the pond for fishing is enough of a boost to the family finances.

In any case, I will keep going and I will have something to enter. I'm not going to post the memories or screenshots until I have figured out what I'm going to do, though.
  • kkoonkkoon Posts: 71 Member
    edited November 2013
    I would like to be added :) This seems like a fun idea!
    edited November 2013
    ciane wrote:
    ErnesaT wrote:
    ciane wrote:

I love seeing how everyone plays their games so differently. And, I am so happy you'll be taking the time to actually PLAY your game too!

Me too. :mrgreen:
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]