Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Play The Sims 3 to Win Big ~CONGRATS WINNERS~

Comments

• Options
    RayshizzieRayshizzie Posts: 2,650 Member
    edited November 2013
    Lissykin wrote:
    Rayshizzie wrote:
    Oh my gosh this seems like soooo much fun and I literally just created a new sim and had her adopt a daughter! I really hope I can find the time to put aside for this, I have a few things going on right now with contests but I'd love to join if I can find the time to make it work!

Hi! I'm so happy you're interested in playing along! Sadly in order to make sure everyone starts out on a level playing field, you have to choose from the Sims here. I hope this doesn't deter you.
    Would you like me to add you to the list of entrants? If you find you don't have the time, we won't hunt you down. :wink:

I didn't even realize that, that's what I get for not reading everything all the way through lol.

But yes, you can put me down for sure because I was able to get a lot more work done today on an entry I'm doing for a contest, so I'm almost done with it meaning I will have more time to enter other cool stuff so I should be able to do it! If anything else comes up for any reason though, I will come back and let you guys know so I'm not just a no show.

Checking out the list of sims now :D
  • Options
    LissykinLissykin Posts: 2,794 Member
    edited November 2013
    Rayshizzie wrote:
    Lissykin wrote:
    Rayshizzie wrote:
    Oh my gosh this seems like soooo much fun and I literally just created a new sim and had her adopt a daughter! I really hope I can find the time to put aside for this, I have a few things going on right now with contests but I'd love to join if I can find the time to make it work!

Hi! I'm so happy you're interested in playing along! Sadly in order to make sure everyone starts out on a level playing field, you have to choose from the Sims here. I hope this doesn't deter you.
    Would you like me to add you to the list of entrants? If you find you don't have the time, we won't hunt you down. :wink:

I didn't even realize that, that's what I get for not reading everything all the way through lol.

But yes, you can put me down for sure because I was able to get a lot more work done today on an entry I'm doing for a contest, so I'm almost done with it meaning I will have more time to enter other cool stuff so I should be able to do it! If anything else comes up for any reason though, I will come back and let you guys know so I'm not just a no show.

Checking out the list of sims now :D

Oh yay! That's great! I've added you to the list. Thank you for being so understanding about the Sim limitations! *hugs*
  • Options
    pixiegamerpixiegamer Posts: 1,729 Member
    edited November 2013
    Lissykin wrote:
    I'm so glad you've decided to join in the fun! :) I love all these questions. I knew we were doing something new, so all these questions are allowing us to really fine hone what we're looking for. Thanks!
    That being said, here's your answers....:D

1. Yes you can play with the parents too. However you're correct in that the most important Sim in the family is the kidlet. :)

2. I'd prefer to keep it just memories for achievements rather than a story, but I'll check with Dawn on this one and get back to you.

3. The latter is correct. You'll post a regular screenshot with the caption underneath. I've edited the instructions to reflect this.

Thank you!

Oh, great, thanks for answering these :D I don't know how much progress I'll make since I can't really play the Sims except on weekends due to my schedule, but I'm going to do the best I can :D

I also hope it's alright if I post all my memories and such on a separate thread? I imagine this one might get very cluttered and not-very-navigable if we all started posting our memories on this one at random times :P
    Getting back into TS3! :smile:
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    pixiegamer wrote:
    Oh, great, thanks for answering these :D I don't know how much progress I'll make since I can't really play the Sims except on weekends due to my schedule, but I'm going to do the best I can :D

I also hope it's alright if I post all my memories and such on a separate thread? I imagine this one might get very cluttered and not-very-navigable if we all started posting our memories on this one at random times :P

I was hoping to keep the entries on this thread, but I can understand the concern. That's another one I'll need to check with Dawn on. Thank you for helping me improve the details of this contest! :)
  • Options
    DangerDangerDangerDanger Posts: 5,327 Member
    edited November 2013
    I'm excited to give this a go. My gameplay has been really boring lately, maybe this will spruce things up. ;)
    Hi. I'm Danger. I like spaceships, Pringles, and cats. I dislike fruits and vegetables, sunlight, and the motion picture Titanic. I do not own a sword, nor do I know how to draw unicorns. As you can see, I don't have much to offer the world.
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited November 2013
    Looks like there will be a lot of people playing.

Little Josh learned all his skills and read all books and is in school now.

I'm glad the parents can get married. Adam had the wish and I granted it already.

I thought I'd make a separate thread for all the pics and just link it here. Or at least, upload all my screenshots to photobucket and link to there.

I have memories disabled in my game, so I am just snapping pictures of things I remember being important.

Yay, I will have lots and lots of picture stories.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I'm excited to give this a go. My gameplay has been really boring lately, maybe this will spruce things up. ;)

I've added you in. Have fun! :)
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    ciane wrote:
    Looks like there will be a lot of people playing.

Little Josh learned all his skills and read all books and is in school now.

I'm glad the parents can get married. Adam had the wish and I granted it already.

I thought I'd make a separate thread for all the pics and just link it here. Or at least, upload all my screenshots to photobucket and link to there.

I have memories disabled in my game, so I am just snapping pictures of things I remember being important.

Yay, I will have lots and lots of picture stories.

Wowza! You're cooking right along! lol :D It seems like there's a couple of people who would prefer to create a separate thread and link it here. I'm still waiting to hear Dawn's opinion, but I can't think of a good reason not to allow it; I'll leave it up to the individual as to whether they want to create a new thread or post here.
    I hope you're having fun so far! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    CaySedaiSimCaySedaiSim Posts: 581 Member
    edited November 2013
    I'm afraid I'm going to have to use the kaching cheat. I chose the Victorian house, but it's on a slightly bigger lot, so I had to get it unfurnished and then furnish it. I added a crib, the cheapest single bed, a table, one chair, and an easel. I've got $63 and my bills are $67. The mom isn't getting any painting done quickly, as she spent time teaching her daughter to walk and go potty. :cry:

Oh, and she can't leave the lot because she can't afford a stroller and it doesn't give the option of taking the toddler along, just hire a babysitter (can't afford) or stay home.

Update: trying to hang in there until Zoe becomes a child. But then I'll have to buy another bed and another chair (wonder how much I'll get for the crib at that point?) so we'll see how it goes. Down to $14 at this point - hope Krissy starts painting faster or better ...
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Member of the Own the Store Club! B)
  • Options
    VanessaVennerVanessaVenner Posts: 347 Member
    edited December 2013
    I would like to reserve this post for my entry if that is permissible. If any changes need to be made, please let me know.Thank you.
    graphics-black-white-pictures-163060.jpg
    Chosen sims to play with are Krissy and Zoe Keiffer. Chosen lot to start with is the tiny one by Grandmothergamer. Moving into the house and the start of a new game in Sunset Valley. Chosen lot for house is 9 Sun Song Ave, Sunset Valley.Enabled story progression on.Opted household out of celeb system for now. Might change when Zoe is older.Seasons set to 7 sim days each.Aging is set to default(except for toddler-gave toddler stage 5 days)but might change later on.Starter money 17000 simoleons.

Decided to move my entry to my own thread as it really seems to be getting very picture heavy. Will update here again as I go along in my game.

Picked Up Zoe.Such a cute little bundle of joy...it would be a delight to hold this one for hours!Krissy had left home after having Zoe. Starting at the bottom with a few funds she had saved up. After paying for the house, Krissy didn't have a lot of funds left and decided to rather make do with what the town offered.
    original.jpg"height=250""width=400"

My entrylink: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/0/727741.page#11567273
  • Options
    Meg1626Meg1626 Posts: 3,351 Member
    edited November 2013
    Can we mix the Sims? Like can I pick Adam and Berry? Or they need to stay with their paired Sim? Thanks!
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Meg1626 wrote:
    Can we mix the Sims? Like can I pick Adam and Berry? Or they need to stay with their paired Sim? Thanks!

Mix away! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    SPECIAL NOTICE:

We've extended the deadline from 3 to 4 weeks.

We've added a bonus for those that remain a single parent household.

~If you've already married your single Sim, it's not too late to start fresh! The contest only started yesterday~

I apologize if this causes anyone trouble. I hope you're all having fun playing your game! :thumbup:
  • Options
    Meg1626Meg1626 Posts: 3,351 Member
    edited November 2013
    Lissykin wrote:
    Meg1626 wrote:

Mix away! :mrgreen:

Wonderful! I was hoping you would say that. I will be using Adam and Berry then. :D Thank you!

edit: Just to make sure, we can change hair style/clothes/etc right?
  • Options
    PahpayPahpay Posts: 381 Member
    edited November 2013
    I would like to enter with the first mother-daughter pair and the second starter home! We can add our own stuff in the house as long as it's EA correct? Meaning I could upgrade the bed once the mom makes a little money, for example.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Lissykin wrote:
    SPECIAL NOTICE:

We've extended the deadline from 3 to 4 weeks.

We've added a bonus for those that remain a single parent household.

~If you've already married your single Sim, it's not too late to start fresh! The contest only started yesterday~

I apologize if this causes anyone trouble. I hope you're all having fun playing your game! :thumbup:

Darn, now I wished I'd saved those earlier saves. I just deleted them this morning. I'll start over.

Edit: I am in luck! I do have a save from just before he popped that question, so I don't have to start completely over. Yay!
  • Options
    KayzeegrlKayzeegrl Posts: 921 Member
    edited November 2013
    This looks fun! I spend so much time building that I rarely get to play play. I think I'll download one of the families and see what happens : ]
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    @Meg1626: You can change the clothes/hair as often as you want. :) Thank you for asking! I'll add that to the OP.

@Pahpay: I've added you. Yes, you may alter the home and furnishings as needed - just don't use a money cheat. lol :wink: I'll add this to the OP as well. Have fun!! :mrgreen:

@ciane: I'm so relieved you don't have to redo everything! I apologize for the bump in the road...growing pains. Thank you for being so understanding. :)

@Kayzeegrl: I've added you too. I love seeing creators being able to play. We spend so much time building that the only play time we have is play testing. lol

• Options
    dawnrobdawnrob Posts: 1,296 Member
    edited November 2013
    :D Hiya Everyone :D Hi Lissy sweetie *hugs* looking good :D:mrgreen:

Enjoying your entry sooo far Nessa :D

• Options
    edited November 2013
    I'm afraid I'm going to have to use the kaching cheat. I chose the Victorian house, but it's on a slightly bigger lot, so I had to get it unfurnished and then furnish it. I added a crib, the cheapest single bed, a table, one chair, and an easel. I've got $63 and my bills are $67. The mom isn't getting any painting done quickly, as she spent time teaching her daughter to walk and go potty. :cry:

Oh, and she can't leave the lot because she can't afford a stroller and it doesn't give the option of taking the toddler along, just hire a babysitter (can't afford) or stay home.

Update: trying to hang in there until Zoe becomes a child. But then I'll have to buy another bed and another chair (wonder how much I'll get for the crib at that point?) so we'll see how it goes. Down to $14 at this point - hope Krissy starts painting faster or better ...

Something I've found that helps me a lot in the beginning with funds is collecting items/bugs and selling or consigning them. Maybe you can try this out? Just a suggestion but I know what you mean, it's tough to start a sim out as an artist but it is kind of realistic lol

So glad Meg asked about switching around the parent/child pair, I was wondering the same thing but wasn't sure if it would sound weird to ask lol

So I am having an issue with downloading the father son couple :? I know it's on my end and not the sims because It keeps telling me I don't have the EP/SP items even though I have them all and I patched/updated my game so I don't get why my game/comp is telling me this because I was able to dl the starter just fine. My computer is driving me mad lately lol but I'm not giving up yet I'm going to keep at it until I can figure it out because I really want to play!
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Also wanted to say great entry Vanessa! I really enhoyed going through and reading everything! Can't wait to see more :D
  • Options
    oiswiseoiswise Posts: 482 Member
    edited November 2013
    :D Hi ya just checking in. Saw a question I had has been answered that you can mix and match the YA and Kidlets.

I still haven't figured out who or where I would be playing if I enter but was playing around a bit and discovered:

The first house is too expensive for a single sim with a toddler who are given 1700 right out of CAS.

I edited the yard to make them able to afford it by deleting the fence around the garden, the decorative trees, the 2 rocks, and the pink plastic flamingo.

They were able to move in with less than $20 to their name and no crib or potty. Checked out the book case which had multiples of the skill books so kept one of each and sold the extras as well as the plant on the dresser to buy crib, potty chair and the music and block toys. Super broke!

:?: Is selling the extra copies of books a money cheat?

Glad to see so much interest in the contest its so different than any I have seen before.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Ray, are you sure they didn't show up in CAS even though you got that message?
  • Options
    dawnrobdawnrob Posts: 1,296 Member
    edited November 2013
    oiswise wrote:
    :D Hi ya just checking in. Saw a question I had has been answered that you can mix and match the YA and Kidlets.

I still haven't figured out who or where I would be playing if I enter but was playing around a bit and discovered:

The first house is too expensive for a single sim with a toddler who are given 1700 right out of CAS.

I edited the yard to make them able to afford it by deleting the fence around the garden, the decorative trees, the 2 rocks, and the pink plastic flamingo.

They were able to move in with less than $20 to their name and no crib or potty. Checked out the book case which had multiples of the skill books so kept one of each and sold the extras as well as the plant on the dresser to buy crib, potty chair and the music and block toys. Super broke!

:?: Is selling the extra copies of books a money cheat?

Glad to see so much interest in the contest its so different than any I have seen before.

I don't think Selling the extra copys would be cheating sweetie :0)

Rayshizzie : So I am having an issue with downloading the father son couple I know it's on my end and not the sims because It keeps telling me I don't have the EP/SP items even though I have them all and I patched/updated my game so I don't get why my game/comp is telling me this because I was able to dl the starter just fine. My computer is driving me mad lately lol but I'm not giving up yet I'm going to keep at it until I can figure it out because I really want to play!

Have you looked in CAS sweetie ... thanks Ciane .. they should be there *hugs*
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    edited November 2013
    Your entry is looking great VanessaVenner :) I am enjoying looking at the pictures and reading the captions. Very nice photo of Krissy reading a book to Zoe at the library. Krissy and Zoe look like they are both having fun enjoying what they are doing in the photo when Krissy is painting and Zoe is playing with the blue blocks.