Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Simmers, welcome! - Community’s tips & tricks to get started

Comments

• Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,726 Member
    edited September 2023
    Hello @Autist nice to read your acquaintance. Welcome to sims forum and happy simming.
    Post edited by LeucosiaX on
  • Options
    DahlowNuitDahlowNuit Posts: 7 New Member
    I don't see the post button. I cannot make a post.
  • Options
    DahlowNuitDahlowNuit Posts: 7 New Member
    Where is the edit button? Where is the make a thread? How do I edit a post if typo?
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,331 Member
    DahlowNuit wrote: »
    Where is the edit button? Where is the make a thread? How do I edit a post if typo?

@DahlowNuit,

Hello and welcome to the forums... :)

In order to be able to posts pictures and have an avatar, you first need to become a full member because as of right now you are considered a new member. New members are restricted from starting new threads, posting pictures and links, having an avatar or changing one, sending private messages to other members. In order to become a full member, you will need to have 25 points, 15 posts and an account older than 24 hours.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/978073/new-members-guide-welcome-to-the-forums

For any New members who want to get their post/point count up, the best thing that I would advise you to do is to find threads that may interest you and join in on them or go to the Off Topic section and join in on some of the word/story games over there. The posts made over in the forum section will go towards your post count whereas the posts made on your wall and the Activity Feed doesn't go towards the total post count. The only thing that you will get if you should make any post over on your wall or Activity Feed will be any Insightfuls, Likes or Awesomes as they will go towards your total points count. Hopefully creating your posts on other threads will also increase your points... :)
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories

A link with a list of badges that gives out points.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/badges

And this link is a tutorial on how to use the site.. :)
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/811263/a-complete-forum-tutorial/p1

A link for a thread for New Members to introduce themselves to the community.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/817478/hello-come-and-introduce-yourself/p1

I would suggest for all new members to go and read the rules of the site before posting... :)
    A link to Forums Etiquette, Warning/Banning Process and the Forum Rules... :)
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/forum-rules

And I would also suggest reading the thread about necroposting as well as there is a rule about it in the rules section. I would also suggest checking the title of thread as well as the location of the thread since we have older Sims games sharing this forum. An example would be if you're a TS4 player and have an issue with the game, please check to make sure that they thread that you have brought up isn't a TS2/TS3. I have provided links at the bottom of this post for "New Members" to be able to posts their issues in.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/983366/lets-talk-about-necroposting-🧟

And for anyone who may have any issues with TS3, here's the link for New Members to post their TS3 issues in.
    Sims 3 issues
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/976212/thread-for-new-members-to-post-their-sims-3-game-issues-2020-version#latest

The EA team has moved The Sims 4 Help Center section to the Answers HQ Forums now. The Sims 4 Help Center section on this forum is now "Read Only". So you will need to click on this link if you have any issues that you want to report to EA and hopefully get the help that you need... :)
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ct-p/the-sims-4-en

And for name changes, you can request them on @EA_Cade. @EA_Lanna will still be on the forums to help out when she can... :)
  • Options
    TesorberTesorber Posts: 2 New Member
    Hey! I came to this forum because I have a question about this issue.. I can't change weather preferences, not even view them. Any idea why that might be?
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,982 Member
    Hi and welcome @Tesorber :)
    Look in main menu > game options > packs and there should be weather options under Seasons
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,982 Member
    @Tesorber Actually it's main menu > game options > environment
    Screen-Shot-2023-09-26-at-7-35-05-PM.png
  • Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,904 Member
    edited September 2023
    Yep, I'm in the Simming mood.

I ) Any ideas for gardening when low on space? One of my students is going to be a mostly work-from-home gardener while she simultaneously works on her physics degree to become a scientist/botanist/extraterrestrial explorer and enthusiast.

II ) Collectables available in Britechester? My experience so far is that the original worlds of Willow Creek and Oasis Springs have plently of open space and spawners for wild plants and those rock things with fossils, crytals, mySim trophies... but not so much the other worlds. Maybe I'm just not looking hard enough?

III ) Hints for checking/keeping track of/maintaining mods? Already this household has prompted me to put in MCCC, Fitness controls, Longer university terms, Polite aliens, Don't wash dishes where you angry poop and Sim National Bank. Considering TOOL for putting in some planters too as they are low on space (per number I)

IV ) Growing together meant some stranger called my alien claiming they had "taken a DNA test" and they were a "long lost relative" and could they "stay a couple of days" if it had been one of the others and not my alien I may have agreed...

V ) My Sim meant a randomly generated student named Falcon. A female BTW. I thought it was a cool, if super unusual name. Ever met an NPC so cute you just want to adopt them? (it's a nice change from the eyesores that pop up...) o:)

a new one to add

VI ) How do I make my Sims less obsessed with the popcorn maker without having to put it away in an inventory? They keep making popcorn and it's only Tuesday of the first week.. :#

and another

VII ) How do I get eco-friendly appliances (to comply with the Neighbourhood Action Plan)? Seems some votes slipped through before I managed/remembered to toggle off NPC voting... :/

Post edited by NRowe on
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member
    edited September 2023
    1. gardening:
    You could use the vertical planters from Eco Lifestyle
    6019d41c1023813048cdcabd301740904be0a0a0.jpg

2. and/or graft plants
    tumblr_pp1cv0Ty8p1sdrnnoo1_1280.jpg
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Those plants look really cool @Lenny_Ogg is that glowfruit grafted on an alien plant or are the glowing spheres the fruit that plant has naturally (or maybe even both, I'm not sure what a glowfruit plant looks like to be honest)??

How did I only just now (second or third time) notice the R2 unit in the hovercraft? :o
    Post edited by NRowe on
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    @NRowe The glowing fruit belong to the plant and the grapes and the strawberries are grafted on. There can only be 2 additional plants grafted on.
    And not all plants can be planted in the vertical planter. If you want the maximum space saving garden you want to graft on plants that grow in the vertical planter ✨🌿✨
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    I found a list with all the plants that grow in the vertical garden:
    Basil, Beans, Begonia, Bell pepper, Bird of Paradise, Bizarre Fruit, Catnip, Christmas Rose, Chrysanthemum, Dahlia, Daisies, Grapes, Green Pea, Holly, Madnip, Mandrake, Napnip, Nuzzlenip, Parsley, Rose, Sage, Soy Beans, Spinage, Tomato, Blackberry, Elderberry, Muckleberry, Museberry, and Strawberry.
    3a7e8a1fc516073c52f6de142be6586c882d0057.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    VI: you could minimize a bigger object and move it into the counter with the Popcorn maker (with moveobjects on) to make it unroutable.

VII: I found the following (not sure which one is the right one):
    How do you know if appliances are eco friendly Sims 4?
    You need to upgrade with ECO parts. If you have chosen to use the upgrade version without ECO parts you can not make it ECO friendly. If an appliance is ECO friendly you will see a note to that effect when you hover over the appliance.

What are the eco friendly appliances in Sims 4?
    You can install Wind Turbines, Power Generators, Solar Panels, Water Generators, Power Cells, and Dew Collectors from the Outdoor Activities section of Build/Buy Mode around your Sim's home and yard to boost sustainable power and Eco Footprint. Planting plants and flowers can also boost it.

You can also shiftclick on the mailbox and change the current NAP afaik.
    38efacfe91448009979dd76dcddfe1319aa6fe75.jpg

• Options
    Thanks. I forgot about eco parts from the fabricator (I think that's the only way to get them too.. )

What IS that robot in the last screenshot with the broken washing line? I don't believe I've even seen one before.
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    You can get the eco friendly parts also from the buydebug 📦

@NRowe It's a heavy loader droid from the buydebug of the Batuu pack.
    One of them, B-U4D, (nicknamed 'Buford') had a short appearance in Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens.
    (Links in the forum might not work until they are fixed. Something in the forum is broken. You can remove the 'denied:' in front of the url to get there.)

There it is at Galaxy's Edge
    The one left of him, R1-J1, is also in the buydebug, he plays a doctor in our story ^^
    droid-depot-tour-3.jpg.webp
    Post edited by Lenny_Ogg on
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,461 Member
    edited October 2023
    @Lenny_Ogg that robot looks like a giant lego person with the almost square head & pincers for hands LOL.
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    @Starfree it really does! So cute and chubby for a robot haha
    I like it so much, it has a lot of appearances in our story. Her name is LY and she lives with her partner athena and their cat FEL-1x in San Myshuno.
    She even is on the background header on my tumblr.
    388822fc29f7937bede3482af896b510251b44ee.jpg
  • Options
    KuziyaKuziya Posts: 15 Member
    Hi I'm not sure if this is where I'm supposed to post.

I posted in the off topic chat too, but I'm confused a little on where to post.

Anyway my name is Kuziya and I am a completely blind simmer. I love thhe sims 4 even if it's really hard for me.

Having my first infant though is a little overwhelming I must say :)

But still so far so good.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,084 Member
    edited October 2023
    Hi @Kuziya and welcome to the forum. 🙂

My younger brother is legally blind and uses an OrCam device for reading. It's amazing what it can do.

We have two threads for sharing your gameplay.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/888255/what-happened-in-your-game-today#latest

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/975327/what-happened-in-your-game-today-the-non-serial-story-version#latest

And another thread to post any gameplay questions until you're able to start your own discussions.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/989829/ts4-totally-random-comments-and-questions#latest

Also, here's a bit of new member info.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/934205/small-change-for-new-members#latest
  • Options
    KuziyaKuziya Posts: 15 Member
    hi thank you for all the links.

I will definitely check them out :)
  • Options
    TebanGreenTebanGreen Posts: 54 Member
    Just here to say Hello. My first time on these forums.
  • Options
    CaerfinonCaerfinon Posts: 708 Member
    TebanGreen wrote: »
    Just here to say Hello. My first time on these forums.

Hi there. This is my first day of being a member. I'm pretty new as well. Welcome.
    Cheers
    C.
    Traits: 🐶Dog Lover, 🎨Creative, 😑Loner
    My Stories: 🤷🏻🐕 Simmer Tales a comic look at Sims 4 | 🌐A Sim's Life - Comic observations | 🌌Galaxy Far Away - Adventures on Batuu | 🌃Dark Matters - Crime stories
    My CC: 🎨 Caerfinon's Sims 4 Custom Content
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,084 Member
    @Caerfinon and @TebanGreen welcome to the forum! 🙂
  • Options
    TebanGreenTebanGreen Posts: 54 Member
    > @Caerfinon said:
    > Hi there. This is my first day of being a member. I'm pretty new as well. Welcome.

Thank you for the welcome. Much appreciated. ♥ :-)
  • Options
    ProfilerProfiler Posts: 3 New Member
    Hi everyone! I'm new here ^^

I'm a big Sims fan. I started playing on The Sims 3 and have been a very big fan of The Sims 4 since its release - I like the cute graphics, CAS tools and the new build mode is amazing, though I'm actually terrible at building LMAO!

I have ASD and I think my special interest is The Sims and games in general. My other hobbies are music and singing. I like collecting Ty Beanie Babies as well and writing.

Have a great day! :—)