Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Simmers, welcome! - Community’s tips & tricks to get started

Comments

• Options
    Codebender_CateCodebender_Cate Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm just getting into the forums and will read through everything as I go, but man...first experience with this game is not a good one. I can't create a garage which is usually the first thing I do - basic home layout. The cars are fake, there are no garage doors, everything is moved and harder to find....what did they do to this game?
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,085 Member
    Welcome to the forum @sanawr and @Codebender_Cate. 🙂

Until you become full members and are able to start your own discussion please feel free to ask any specific questions in this thread.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/989829/ts4-totally-random-comments-and-questions/p1
  • Options
    GuthraielGuthraiel Posts: 8 New Member
    Just wanna encourage anyone new to sims, dont be scared to post on the gallery! If you want, there is a lot of tutorials that can help when you feel insecure about a build
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,982 Member
    Hi and welcome @Codebender_Cate and @Guthraiel :)

@Codebender_Cate yeah cars aren't a part of gameplay in TS4, at least not so far, they are purely decorative.

• Options
    fallout3dcfallout3dc Posts: 6 New Member
    be careful downloading custom content as the creators of many of those objects do not care about how the objects will affect the performance of your game.
  • Options
    Rylai_37Rylai_37 Posts: 1 New Member
    > @EA_Mai said:
    > Now that we are staying at home, many new players are discovering The Sims for the first time. We all have been there at some point: our Sims’ first kitchen fire, their first bladder failure... many amusing and surprising moments to live!
    >
    > But I think it’s safe to say all of us also looked at our first Sims at some point and wondered: ‘What do I do with you?’
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > To all of you who have been playing this ‘virtual dollhouse’ for a while now: let’s welcome new players by helping them discover what makes The Sims special and showing them what’s so great about this game: the community!:
    >
    > What are the things you wished you had known when you were getting started with The Sims?
    > Share your tips, resources and expertise below!
    >
    >
    > To all of you who are new to The Sims: read, enjoy, and welcome to the party! You can also ask your gameplay questions in this thread - no question is too basic, we have all been there. No judgement here! :)

Im disapointed that girl cant pregnant the aliens
  • Options
    SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    edited May 2023
    fallout3dc wrote: »
    be careful downloading custom content as the creators of many of those objects do not care about how the objects will affect the performance of your game.

The ones who do care sometimes get burnt out just because script mods will often break every time the game is patched. This is time-consuming and frustrating for mod creators to troubleshoot and fix. (MCCC for instance, usually breaks with each patch, as is typical of core global mods).

Override mods also often break, though less often, with patches. Overrides change the behavior of a specific item instead of adding a new item, so be careful to monitor these carefully so you can remove them easily or update them. Overrides can often cause mod conflicts. Avoid downloading multiple mods that change the same property of a game object or screen. You can change your loading and CAS screens, but never install more than one loading screen or more than one CAS screen - it will keep your game from loading.

Custom content: Alpha CAS custom content is far more demanding on your graphics card. It is more beautiful and lifelike in art style, but requires more power to render. If you have too much Alpha CAS, it may slow down your game considerably or cause weird graphics glitches.
    Maxis-match CAS is designed in the same art style and resolution as the game.

Custom content in general does take up drive space, and can occasionally break with a patch that changes the functionality of an object. For instance, CC single beds made before there was a monster under the bed to spray broke when the spray monster interaction was added.
    Custom content is usually created by copying an object that already exists in the game and recoloring it. Also, the more that is loaded into memory at a time, the more computer RAM you need, and the longer it will take for your game to load. Please keep this in mind before trying to collect as much custom content as possible.

I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • Options
    Hi @Rylai_37 , me too!
  • Options
    Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    I put down a play area for kids for aspirations. For the motor aspiration they have to play on jungle gym while playfully. So I put some my sim trophies around the jungle gym, enabled, them and my kids get playful and that part is done. I saved the play yard with the trophy's and download it in every save so I have somewhere my kids can go to get it done fast. I also did the same thing with a gym. I put some crystals around exercise machines and saved to my library. Then download that in every save. Crystals, when enabled make your sims energized. and the bodybuilder aspiration you have to push the limits while energized. Both of these work very well.
  • Options
    bubbletozbubbletoz Posts: 16 Member
    Hi there! I’m new, and I’m waiting forever to post something like images because I’m still a new member, but for now, I’m just gonna say hello and try to post more frequently.

:)
  • Options
    Hi @bubbletoz and welcome to the forum :) Are you a bubble tea fan?
  • Options
    bubbletozbubbletoz Posts: 16 Member
    @mightysprite Nah, but it randomly appears when I search for my username for some reason.
  • Options
    Lixy_170Lixy_170 Posts: 94 Member
    > @bubbletoz said:
    > Hi there! I’m new, and I’m waiting forever to post something like images because I’m still a new member, but for now, I’m just gonna say hello and try to post more frequently.
    >
    > :)

Me too, I'm new here but I'm an old player and I can't wait to post some images time to time! Happy simming!!! <3
  • Options
    Hi and welcome @Lixy_170 :)
  • Options
    blazerntqblazerntq Posts: 2,409 Member
    Hi. I would like to learn how to post pictures of my Sims 4 game. Is there a easy how to somewhere? Thanks for any help.
  • Options
    Lixy_170Lixy_170 Posts: 94 Member
    Hi and welcome @Lixy_170 :)

Hello & Thanks! <3
  • Options
    blazerntq wrote: »
    Hi. I would like to learn how to post pictures of my Sims 4 game. Is there a easy how to somewhere? Thanks for any help.

Hi @blazerntq
    The forums themselves don't store image files for us, so you need a third party.
    I use postimages.org because it is free and works great.
    When you upload images there, one option is "hotlink for forums". You can click copy on that option, and then paste it into a post on the forum. Either for one image or for a whole batch at once.
    There are many other third party image storing sites out there too.
  • Options
    blazerntqblazerntq Posts: 2,409 Member
    @mightysprite Thanks very much. I am not a techie and don't know much about computers. I played a bit of the Sims 3 this morning and then spent an hour trying to figure out how to post some pictures from my game. I did do it though!
  • Options
    Build_Mode_QueenBuild_Mode_Queen Posts: 24 Member
    I would just like to share my builds to the 'lots' forum, im friendly. so like react my comments please, so i can share my creativity.
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member

when I click on your profile @Build_Mode_Queen this shows up:
    0ebe8c037342ed040a5bfc5a5628f3204c48ac3a.pnj
    how did you do this/ how is this possible?
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    Build_Mode_QueenBuild_Mode_Queen Posts: 24 Member
    > @Lenny_Ogg said:
    > when I click on your profile @Build_Mode_Queen this shows up:
    >
    >
    > how did you do this/ how is this possible?

.....In settings! or preferences.
  • Options
    oh when you uncheck 'display my profile publicly'?
    thank you!
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    @Lenny_Ogg just wanted to let you know that other members are not able to message you if your profile is private. If you're not expecting any communication from your fellow simmers then no problem. :)
  • Options
    @simgirl1010 the screenshot is from @Build_Mode_Queen 's profile not from mine
  • Options
    Lenny_Ogg wrote: »
    @simgirl1010 the screenshot is from @Build_Mode_Queen 's profile not from mine

Yes, I know. I thought you also wanted to make your profile private.

I also use it when I want to see if I've missed any posts from particular members.