Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♥ The Worlds of Rflong7 ♥ =D

Comments

• Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Kaantje wrote: »
    Rflong, I just wanted to say I love your "cheery" industry island. It's perfect for playing and building with tons of cc. Thanks!

I love Industrial Island. I've used it for so many things from a down and out town to a post apocalyptic setting.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    I was thinking of using it for a pre and post apocalytpic setting too, that is if the new one has a new id# so both can be in at the same time?
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi @Greenb70 Aw- that's so Sweet. Thanks for saying it. :hugz: :mrgreen:

Hi :)@tammyjo329 Huuuuhm... maybe. XD I don't remember now. Probably, not sure but yes. maybe. XD

• Options
    tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    LOL - you know I think you're awesome Rflong!

ohh forgot to say hi to Greenbe! HI and hugz!
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    @Rflong7 I started on my train station today. No pics yet, though. :)

One thing I ran in to is that I tried to move the little house to another spot in that same area (the one house you built around the center lot that will someday make a great park!) and the price of the house stayed with the old lot. The cost of the house on the new lot was 1200 simoleans which is obviously just the cost of the lot. Is there something I am doing that is causing this?
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Yes, I moved it with the hand tool. I'll try going into edit on the lots to see if that fixes it. Thank you!

Oh, and yes I have moved lots before with the hand tool and have not ran into this issue most of the time.

• Options
    Greenb70Greenb70 Posts: 1,871 Member
    @HappySimmer3 I have run into this same thing in other worlds when using the hand tool to relocate at lot.I could never figure out if it is a game glitch or maybe one of the mods I use.
  • Options
    MoinesseMoinesse Posts: 155 Member

@Rflong7 Isle of Sims iii, Not sure if this is just a Beta testing world, but there are some problems. There's no world grass, the hills and mountains are not painted. You probably left out a road to the 64x64 beach lot and left a path, but my sims have problems with it.

Sims having a baby could not get to the hospital walking along the path, husband gave up waiting for her and went swimming, she had the baby on the path, after returning home, husband ignores baby, looked at the relationship, the child is just a house mate.

The beautiful lot by the swamps is to foggy, cannot see toddler on the floor. I prefer to put my own fog in with buy debut option rather than having it in world. There are other routing issues to many to mention here at this time. Will download the world again when its finished.

I have no problem with Isle of Sims ll and I love the world, play in world with most of all my sims. I use Nrass Master controller and Overwatch mods only. All the worlds I downloaded and played of your over the years are working fine, its just this one I am having problems with.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    @Moinesse wrote: »
    Rflong7 Isle of Sims iii, Not sure if this is just a Beta testing world, but there are some problems. There's no world grass, the hills and mountains are not painted. You probably left out a road to the 64x64 beach lot and left a path, but my sims have problems with it.

Sims having a baby could not get to the hospital walking along the path, husband gave up waiting for her and went swimming, she had the baby on the path, after returning home, husband ignores baby, looked at the relationship, the child is just a house mate.

The beautiful lot by the swamps is to foggy, cannot see toddler on the floor. I prefer to put my own fog in with buy debut option rather than having it in world. There are other routing issues to many to mention here at this time. Will download the world again when its finished.

I have no problem with Isle of Sims ll and I love the world, play in world with most of all my sims. I use Nrass Master controller and Overwatch mods only. All the worlds I downloaded and played of your over the years are working fine, its just this one I am having problems with.

Hi, Moinesse

OMGoodness- those are terrible and I have no idea what's going on. :(
    I did download it and while there is a lot of fog in the swamp area, it's not in the house nor when the view gets close to the lot middle. :(
    The world does show grass for me and you're right, I did remove the road to that side of the island. It's just a path now.

I'm so sorry. :(
    I would suggest uninstalling it, delete the World Cache files and other cache files and then redownload/reinstall to see if it shows correctly.
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    Greenb70 wrote: »
    @HappySimmer3 I have run into this same thing in other worlds when using the hand tool to relocate at lot.I could never figure out if it is a game glitch or maybe one of the mods I use.

This has always happened to me too. I was once able to get a 60k house, for a starter price of about 15k after moving it with the hand tool.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    MoinesseMoinesse Posts: 155 Member

@Rflong7 Found the problem. I downloaded the world again. Deleted the cache files. re-installed it. Decided to remove the mods folder out to try the world and it worked.
    Everything was painted as it should be. I quit the game and moved the mods folder back in. Checked the mods folder just to be sure everything was of the latest update and found a LIGHTENING MOD! I never use a lightening mod, and have no idea why it was in the folder. Isles Of Sims iii does not like lightening mods.

I also used the hand tool in world edit to reset a couple of building that I had routing problems with. That fixed the routing problems. Haven't checked the fog problem but that is a minor issue. There are other nice lots to build on.
    Thanks for your reply and thank you for the world. Love it!
  • Options
    Greenb70 wrote: »

I have run into it before too, but I don't remember it happening with every lot. I also placed some lots with the edit town tool and when I placed houses on them they cost like 3,000 simoleons instead of what they should cost. That silly Dustin Broke decided to move into one of them when I wasn't looking. Of course that was caused by one of my NRAAS mods that allows that; I moved him back in with his family and fixed the settings on the mod so that doesn't happen again. :p

I'm going to chalk this up as one of the oddities that can happen in this wonderful, maddening, complex but super fun game. I just thought I should check to make sure it wasn't being caused by something on the world level or something that I was doing wrong. :D

• Options
    ScottDemonScottDemon Posts: 504 Member
    @Rflong7 for some reason with Moon Base Charlie II and Mesa Valley II when I load them up I can't zoom in from Town View it's like that little magnifing glass thingy isn't there the only way I've been able to zoom in on a lot is by using the M hot key or right clicking on my sim
    I'm just a little bit crazy LOL
    Okay actually I'm totally and completely nuts LOL :p
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Rflong7 for some reason with Moon Base Charlie II and Mesa Valley II when I load them up I can't zoom in from Town View it's like that little magnifing glass thingy isn't there the only way I've been able to zoom in on a lot is by using the M hot key or right clicking on my sim

Hi :mrgreen:

You must be totally and completely nuts. :lol: *your signature. :cookie:

Anyway- I just downloaded and installed both worlds, added a Sim in a lot, and had no problem with the magnifying glass showing up in neighborhood view. I have no clue why it won't show in your game... maybe clean cache files (worldcache, too) and how about any new mods?
    I have no idea why it won't show. :(

Yeah I've tried cleaning out the worldcaches and no new mods. I have to use wireless to download so maybe that's causing a problem. It doesn't happen with Moon Base Delta and Mesa Valley I'll just have to figure out where to put the extra lots I want with Mesa Valley so all is good. :)
    Thanks for replying :)
    Post edited by ScottDemon on
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Rflong7 for some reason with Moon Base Charlie II and Mesa Valley II when I load them up I can't zoom in from Town View it's like that little magnifing glass thingy isn't there the only way I've been able to zoom in on a lot is by using the M hot key or right clicking on my sim

Hi :mrgreen:

You must be totally and completely nuts. :lol: *your signature. :cookie:

Anyway- I just downloaded and installed both worlds, added a Sim in a lot, and had no problem with the magnifying glass showing up in neighborhood view. I have no clue why it won't show in your game... maybe clean cache files (worldcache, too) and how about any new mods?
    I have no idea why it won't show. :(

Well I found out what was causing it turns out it's a mod problem with Nraas Overwatch I noticed that someone made a post over there about it
    It also happens with couple of Flstriders worlds
    So hopefully they can fix the problem with why the mod is disabling the Town View Zoom in
  • Options
    flstriderflstrider Posts: 1,912 Member
    @ScottDemon May I ask where you read this? which worlds of mine were having problems? I need to re-look at those worlds to make sure I did not do something wrong. Thanks for pointing this out, I do appreciate it!

Hey Rf!!! How is everything?
    My World's thread linked in Sig
    NewSig.jpg

• Options
    edited March 2017
    flstrider wrote: »
    @ScottDemon May I ask where you read this? which worlds of mine were having problems? I need to re-look at those worlds to make sure I did not do something wrong. Thanks for pointing this out, I do appreciate it!

Hey Rf!!! How is everything?

@flstrider here is the thread but I don't know which 2 it is as the person there doesn't remember http://nraas.wikispaces.com/share/view/81002325?replyId=93529839
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Without a mod there is no issue with your worlds Flstrider. I would not worry about issues caused by mods especially Overwatch - that is a script mod and often has issues through out it's history. Like I could not use that mod when I was testing worlds for simmers as it had a number of issues it saw as issues in the game that was not issues. It would see some sims as stuck when they weren't and create havoc - so it was one mod I finally stopped using period - well actually I stopped using all Sims 3 mods. Without mods I have no issues with Sims 3 or your worlds or any of Rflongs either. Those two listed in that post are two of Rflongs and two I play a lot in.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    I've used @flstrider worlds, several of them with mods and never had that issue. Overwatch does reset stuck sims and I can turn that off if I want to see where they are getting stuck, fix any issue, and then turn it back on to see if the issue was fixed. Never had any issues like what the other poster is describing for sure.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Overwatch also sees grazing animals as stuck sims too - and when ever I used to chase down overwatches reports there was no issues at all in the area it was reporting. One of the things I do when I test worlds is heavily test routing and look for breaks in any of it or holes - even when there was nothing creating a problem overwatch kept reporting issues. Reported sims watching concerts, grazing horses and Unicorns and deer all as being stuck - none ever were. It is a pain that it found as many issues that were not an issue as it found actual issues. Finally I stopped trying to test anything while I had mods - eventually I stopped using mods period in Sims 3 - and fixed the game properly so no mods were needed anyway.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
  • Options
    flstriderflstrider Posts: 1,912 Member
    Thanks everyone, looks like they are talking about cheverly or Newreign I thought it was something I may have done. Sorry to take over the thread @Rflong7 , forgive me??
    My World's thread linked in Sig
    NewSig.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top