March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Household Exchange

ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
edited March 8 in Nominated Threads
This thread is a place for people to share their Sims 3 Households, that we know are clean, and free from custom content that may cause issues in other people's games.

Most user made worlds are unpopulated, and creating dozens of sims or families to fill these worlds can be a tedious experience. Sometimes you just want to get in there and play. Alternatively, people might want a fresh new batch of sims, or maybe you just might like to show off pictures of what other people's sims are getting up to in your game.

Here you can post links to households for others to download. Households can be in sims3pack form, or, you can simply take the household file from the Library folder in the Documents / Sims 3 directory and share that.
Sims3packs are, of course, installed through the launcher. Households in package form are dropped directly into the Library folder of your Documents / Sims 3 directory.

Sharing the library file also lessens the risk of any CC tagging along. If you're using sims3packs please make sure that you scan them with Custard beforehand, to check that there is no custom content attached.

To ensure than everyone can download, at this time please lets just create sims and households using base game items and traits only. No custom content or create-a-pattern please.

Households can be uploaded to the exchange, if they're clean, or to places like MediaFire, Box.net, DropBox or SimFileShare ( if you know someone with a code, or are prepared to wait for account authorisation )

It's not a requirement, but perhaps include a screenshot of your household that you're sharing, and maybe their backstory if they have one. ( Please don't quote pictures in the thread responses. )

Edit - I've asked @SimGuruDrake to sticky the thread so it doesn't get lost and is easily accessible for both old and new players.
Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
PoppySims Archive
InnaLisa Pose Archive
Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
I ♡ Pudding
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited July 2017
    Here's my first contribution :)

I rarely see a lot of elder households or sims shared, so I thought I would begin my uploads with one of my favourite sweet old couples.

This is Des & Ginny Lawson. They've been together forever it seems. They're now retired, and Des spends his days pottering around his garden or at the local pond. Ginny happily turns all of the produce Des brings home into delicious meals.
    Sadly, they've never had children, but now they're beginning to wish they had. Have they left it too late? Are they too old to adopt ?

FNNNPVu.jpg

Download Lawson Household

Their household is in .package format, so just put the file right into your Library folder and you should be good to go.
    Basegame only, no CC or CAP

By @KevinL5275

L'Amour Household

original.jpg

Strong Household

original.jpg

By @CravenLestat

Chantel Ellington

Screenshot-4654_zpsbim12thr.jpg

Amelina Yurievna

Screenshot-4745_zpsgd1waoht.jpg

Cordelia Nightingale

Screenshot-4792_zpsaiwxsomn.jpg

Divya Kaur

Screenshot-5056_zpsathb7txz.jpg

By @Karritz

Jenny Jones

Jenny_Jones001.jpg

Juliet Jones

JulietteJones001.jpg

By @venusdemilosims

Jasmine Holiday

wvDg5hm.jpg

By @Scotsim

Bonnie Scott

headshot_original.jpg

By @coco

Chalmers

Screenshot-354.png

By @Nikoa

Goth Family

Screenshot-32_zpsbyviiqpf.jpg

By @PalmArrow

The Eligible Bachelors

n64br6.jpg

By @NerdyMcNerdPants

Couples Therapy

lht_original.jpg

Post edited by Pary on
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • venusdemilosimsvenusdemilosims Posts: 1,918 Member
    Great job @Pary ! So adorable! And congrats on the sticky! Think I'll go through my studio and find my non CC households, most of my stuff is without CC.
    jpnbanner2_zpscb7d2475.jpg header_zps436f0053.jpg

• HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    I agree, what a great couple @Pary. When I get back home I'm downloading them and I'll see about trying to contribute a household.
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,900 Member
    They do look good @Pary

I was going to go through my library to find some old Sims that were base game only. Then I realised I couldn't identify them because I've been making Sims all through the process and the Sims I think are base game only could have traits or clothes from other Expansion or Stuff Packs that came out way back in the early days of the game. I can think of only 3 Sims that I have in my game now that might be Base Game only.
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    Awesome thread!! I know most of my current families and sims have cc cause I love my hairs and my new skins. :smiley: but, I will start a clean folder and try to make one this weekend to add to the thread that is base game only. I do love your older couple.
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    Good thread @Pary I love me some fresh clean sims,will be keeping my eye out for good families.And the females better be cute :rage:

Also Pary your elderly Lady Ginny looks like she was pretty back in her 20s :love: So you get my awesome.Like how they are genetically similiar like the mouth and nose to promote the families appearance through many generations,was a nice touch.And cute how he is displaying his wedding ring with his arm around her. <3

PS:I use that couch they are on alot too,I love it.
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,488 Member
    My attempt at Babs L'Amour and Fiona Mendez from Sims 4:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8925849

And my Tiffani and Amber from one of my stories:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8895169

I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • fionaloveserranofionaloveserrano Posts: 584 Member
    All of my exchange households/sims are clean and free of cc!!!
  • MinkFurMinkFur Posts: 164 Member
    Yeah @Pary This'll be a good thread, plus it gives me a chance to put good looking sims into my town for my new Sims 3 legacy challenge playthrough (because quite frankly, the townies are mostly plum ugly).
    newsig_zps30nrzgoc.png
    edited August 2016
    @KevinL5275 I think this thread is base game clothes, makeup,hairstyles,base game traits only.Base game sims only but yours are good though.

DfydFiZ.gif
    edited August 2016
    @KevinL5275 I think this thread is base game clothes, makeup,hairstyles,base game traits only.Base game sims only but yours are good though.

Yes. I'm going to have to wait to get onto my PC - whenever that might be - to see if I've got any Sims on it from back when I only had the base game. I'm pretty sure I'll have about 3 but there may be more.

They are really basic though as I was still working out what a Sims 3 sim was at that stage.

However, one of them is one of my favourites and I still use her in a lot of my games. I just change her LTW and some of her clothes if I want to update her a bit.
    edited August 2016
    @Pary You can add this to your original post.

Base game only traits

Kleptomaniac
    Insane
    Commitment issues
    Neurotic
    Hopeless Romantic
    Loner
    Genius
    Unflirty
    Absent minded
    Innaprpriate
    Schmoozer
    Hot headed
    Computer wiz
    Good
    Ambitious
    Vegetarian
    Brave
    Family oriented
    Lucky
    Unlucky
    Flirty
    Friendly
    Artistic
    Never nude
    Excitable
    Mean Spirited
    Perfectionist
    Daredevil
    Dislikes children
    Loser
    Bookworm
    Childish
    Charismatic
    Couch potato
    Clumsy
    Grumpy
    Frugal
    Workaholic
    Party animal
    Mooch
    Over emotional
    Coward
    Snob
    Green thumb
    Great kisser
    Easily impressed
    Technophobe
    Virtuoso
    Natural cook
    Neat
    Good sense of humor
    Cant stand art
    Hates the outdoors
    Angler
    Athletic
    Heavy sleeper
    Slob

Any other trait is from other expansions.

Post edited by CravenLestat on

DfydFiZ.gif
    edited August 2016
    edited August 2016
    @Karritz :D You typed 5 dots. :D And I broke your code..it says "I am sleepy"

Anyway I have a sim to add to the thread made her and a few friends last night :p .Thought it was a cute idea and she looks good, all base game only no CC.Have to make a few important calls and stuff but will add her later.

DfydFiZ.gif
    edited August 2016
    Service models Incorporated SMI,has been providing quality service staff to the elite for over fourty years.Celebrities,politicians and millionaires pay top dollar to have not only the best in personal staff but to surround themselves with beautiful women from around the world.All women at SMI have backgrounds in modeling from the runway to beauty pageants,magazine cover girls etc all are 5 star rated at their chosen specialty.We provide the best in Housekeeping,butler services personal chefs and private live in massage therapists.

Todays Model.

Chantel%20bio_zpsrk1w8vxm.jpg

Formal

Screenshot-4670_zpsvu9trdim.jpg

Everyday

Screenshot-4654_zpsbim12thr.jpg

Swimwear

323d655c-7683-4dc3-8552-451b35be5067_zpswqqhfw9i.jpg

Am doing others as mentioned above like a beautiful private chef and gorgeous massage therapist etc but have to sleep.Chantel is fully base game only ...clothing,hair.makeup,traits everything is base game.A Zero CC Zero created pattern sim.

The way this works is you put her in your house provide her with a room by designating a bed and let her control herself on her own free will and do her job.And enjoy some quality sim eye candy running around your house keeping it shiny :love:

Download link later...guys I left her High school diploma in her inventory and that counts as generations,plus a book from a expansion was in her inventory I thought it was cute she carried that specific book it fit her personality.Am so sorry I had her uploaded but deleted after remembering that.Will upload her though next time in game.Grrrrrrrrrrr

DfydFiZ.gif
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    Awesome contributions so far ! I'll look forward to some more from you guys.

@CravenLestat I really love the background & idea you came up with for that Sim ! Her swimsuit shot is very sultry, I like that a lot.
    I'll add the stuff to the opening post when you put up a download link.

@KevinL5275 Thanks for contributing! I will add your sims to the original post under an EP heading, as your sims are wearing some clothing that came with Supernatural I believe :)

For the moment we're trying to keep the submissions Base game only, until we have more than just one or two families. Then we can move on to EP and SP stuff.

PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    I ♡ Pudding
    edited August 2016
    @Pary Thank you To get that pose you just temporary give the sim the shy trait put a stranger in the room they keep doing adorable shy animations like that.It is part of the idle animation.So many traits which are like 7,000 poses if you realize each part of animations are really unique if the sim is idle.You can get an idea of cool poses in CAS by choosing a trait then watching what they do it is usually a idle animation in game.Several traits have multiple animations so try them a few times in cas.

Examples

Choosing the insane trait the sim in CAS will spin around like crazy paranoid then choke herself etc then in game just leave them standing idle with that trait they will do those things when doing nothing else.

Choosing a certain trait the sim will make lil hand monsters talking to then biting and fighting each other in a cas animation these things they will also do idle in game.Makes for great poses

DfydFiZ.gif
    edited August 2016
    @pary Another example of mine from shy trait used as a pose

Screenshot-4084_zps0tk2vaxd.jpg

DfydFiZ.gif
  • texanskytexansky Posts: 1,346 Member
    @CravenLestat That "certain trait" where they play hand puppets is Childish, I believe.
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,488 Member
    Pary wrote: »
    @KevinL5275 Thanks for contributing! I will add your sims to the original post under an EP heading, as your sims are wearing some clothing that came with Supernatural I believe :)

Sorry for not reading the fine print. *blush*
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
    @KevinL5275 Do not feel bad I read it and still went wrong somewhere.I swear I used nothing but base game but messed up somewhere.Says Showtime,IP,and UL :#

At everybody else she is CC free but thought for sure it is all base stuff but somehow used Showtime somewhere IP and UL.Anyway here if you want her No CC or CAP

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8970451

Here is her Athletic wear it is the unlocked outfits cheerleader outfit.

Screenshot-4686_zpslqc7li0l.jpg

DfydFiZ.gif
    edited August 2016
    @KevinL5275 Do not feel bad I read it and still went wrong somewhere.I swear I used nothing but base game but messed up somewhere.Says Showtime,IP,and UL :#

At everybody else she is CC free but thought for sure it is all base stuff but somehow used Showtime somewhere IP and UL.Anyway here if you want her No CC or CAP

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8970451

Here is her Athletic wear it is the unlocked outfits cheerleader outfit.

Screenshot-4686_zpslqc7li0l.jpg

If you are going by the items in the list of things used that appears on the Exchange - well I wasted a few months trying to work that out a few years ago and came to the conclusion it is somewhat random.

It shows things that are not used and fails to show other things that are used. Plus it shows things that are used.

Apart from that, there may have been patches in the game after some of those EPs were released that form part of Sims made after that time and they seem to show up as those EPs being used. The only way I think you could make sure they aren't there would be to install the base game and only patch to the last patch before WA was released.

This is why I'm not making any new Sims just for Base Game only. I already tried that previously and although I carefully used ONLY base game everything they were not base game only sims.

EDIT: For example these two sims are as base game only as I can make them.

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7991223

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7991217
    @Karritz Thank you <3 It was making me crazy and feel like it was me....she is all base game like you said but the exchange says she is not even says she has a store hair but as you see in my pics those are the only hairstyles used on every outfit category period and they are definately base hair..

DfydFiZ.gif
    edited August 2016
    @Karritz Thank you <3 It was making me crazy and feel like it was me....she is all base game like you said but the exchange says she is not even says she has a store hair but as you see in my pics those are the only hairstyles used on every outfit category period and they are definately base hair..

I forget the exact details of what I found now as it was a few years ago - but I think anything used from a venue won't show up as items used. But it throws random extras in the list of items used.

I've had people madly buying extra store stuff and things so they could download my builds in the past. When I've found out about it I've told them not to bother as a lot of what is listed isn't used and a lot of what is used isn't listed.

EDIT: I think the Alice skirt in one of my base game only sims turned out to be a career outfit that I had no control over.

EDIT Again: I've not added anything to the Exchange since I started putting CC in my game so my fairies are also CC free but they are not base game and I didn't try to make them base game only.

EDIT Again again: :| As you may have worked out from all of this - if you have CC in your game there is no way to be sure it hasn't been loaded with your Sims even if you didn't add any of it to the sims when making them. This is why I'm not putting anything on the Exchange or anywhere else any more unless I use my PC to make them. My PC is still CC free.

I have read that if you delete the files from DCBackup your CC won't load to the Exchange even if you want it to.
    Post edited by Karritz on
    Pary wrote: »
    Awesome contributions so far ! I'll look forward to some more from you guys.

@CravenLestat I really love the background & idea you came up with for that Sim ! Her swimsuit shot is very sultry, I like that a lot.
    I'll add the stuff to the opening post when you put up a download link.

For the moment we're trying to keep the submissions Base game only, until we have more than just one or two families. Then we can move on to EP and SP stuff.

To get them to appear to be truly Base Game only you may need to load them to sites other than the Exchange. That way you won't be told about the Expansion and Stuff Pack items and other things that the game has added to them and listed in the items used page.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top