Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♥ The Worlds of Rflong7 ♥ =D

Comments

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited September 2015
    @rivergate wrote: »
    EA removed the EV Pack from the store. It was free so I'm not sure if uploading it for people would be against the rules or? Also wondering if you've forgotten about re-uploading the heightmap for your moon world.

Hi, :( You're right- I did forgot. I'm going right now and fire up that desktop. I'm so sorry. :(

*This should be it! https://www.mediafire.com/?gi3md4v6tlyfy8d
  • Options
    ~Rflong, Have you tried creating a 'kicked over' flamingobob icon yet? O.O
    I love your flamingobob, it's awesome! A flock of flamingobobs fishing for freezerbunnycrabs so they can stay pink and not revert back to their natural lime green color... ok, I'm done musing.

My sims love kicking cheap lawn art.

Lol, CMP- I should try to make one or a few- cause my Sims loved kicking them over, too. :lol:
  • Options
    CrescentMoonPyeCrescentMoonPye Posts: 2,080 Member
    It must be disconcerting to be a plastic flamingo who cant right itself after being kicked.
    "I've toppled and I can't get up *squawk* " (Do flamingos make noise? I just assume since they're birds)
  • Options
    nj1412nj1412 Posts: 50 Member
    So I've been using your worlds for quite a while now and am wondering if anyone has had luck with using legacy island without some of the expansion packs. I do not have showtime, supernatural, or university. I love the look of legacy island and am dying for a world that has island paradise elements without all the lag!
  • Options
    RosedustRosedust Posts: 41 Member
    Hey Rflong,
    I know that Norbrewych is sort of a work in progress but are you going to repost a download option for it? The mediafire link is dead and there is only a string of pictures on the exchange.
  • Options
    I can't edit my previous post but I found a download for Norbrewych searching for it manually in the exchange.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Rosedust wrote: »
    I can't edit my previous post but I found a download for Norbrewych searching for it manually in the exchange.

Hi, @Rosedust

Sorry, I'll fix the link. It's in my Studio~Rflong7
    I hope you like it. :mrgreen:

*Oh, now I remember why this one hasn't been updated- EA set a character limit on posts which is smaller then it used to be. I can't edit it unless I remove a thousand characters. I'm too lazy right now to redo the whole post. I should, I might soon... Sorry.

**Rflong7 Studio- http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/Rflong7/mystudio
    **Rflong13 Studio- http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/Rflong13/mystudio
  • Options
    It is a very lovely town. I've been building it up over the last few days with a dragon valley theme. That is my favorite maxis town but it is horribly optimized, and the only town I crash in with my super computer. So I've been searching for another closely themed town for the last 6 months. I have Sims through Steam so no CAW anymore (You responded to some of my posts when I was on my old comp with sims through orgin) The only thing I would change in Norbrewych is a high mountain with a 64x64 lot away from everyone else for my reclusive legacy sim.

I also loved your bridgeport adjusted town. It added new areas in a way that matched everything perfectly. A medieval bridgeport is my dream town to be honest, maybe I'll get CAW working again on day.

TL:DR
    Your towns are great and thanks for the quick reply. :)
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    Oh ! someone else who loves Norby! It's a beautiful world. I am still building mine up, but I work slowly, and I've had a couple of "incidents" with saves refusing to load because of a lot I was using.
    Thankfully, it hasn't happened again since I built my own rather than using one of EA's.
    I'd love to see some pictures!
    I just have one of my own, of the athletic lot. I'm using DV's rabbitholes because they do fit in well with this world.

p_norby_zpsrweegojl.jpg

Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    Hey Rflong, have you ever thought of updating hidden springs like you did to Bridgeport?
  • Options
    Good-bye! :hugz: :heartbreak:

All the years here was Fabulous but they don't like that I have more than 1 account. I have 4 and they say I must decide and I decided to just leave.
  • Options
    tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    nooo don't go Rflong we will all miss you so much if you do :'(
  • Options
    MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    WHAT?!??? @Rf - you can't leave!!! What ever will we all do if we run into problems while trying to create our own worlds?!???

Besides.... your worlds are SO awesome! :'(
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Man, now the rest of my world comes crashing downnnnnnnnn..... Not you to Rflong. So sad.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Mr_DeaconMr_Deacon Posts: 83 Member
    Rflong, it's sad to see you go. You've been such an important part of the Sims community, this place just won't be the same without you.

Heck, the main reason I even check this site is to see if you've made any new worlds!

This really sucks...
  • Options
    flstriderflstrider Posts: 1,912 Member
    @Rflong7 Will miss you very much!!! I thank you from the bottom of my heart for all the guidance and assistance you have given me while learning the Create A World tool I can never repay you enough (I still have to get you those cookies!!!)
    My World's thread linked in Sig
    NewSig.jpg

• Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    What a bummer! Can you not move your stuff under those other accounts to your blog? I hope this is not really the end because I hate goodbyes!

@Rflong7 if it does happen, I hope that someday you will be back. Although saying that, I suspect that one day I will finally tire of TS3 and have nothing to look forward to - not if TS4 is a sign of things to come from now on, anyway. And then I will be gone, too. But not yet.

In case you do leave, I want to express my heartfelt thanks for all the wonderful worlds that you have given to the community (and ME!) over the years. They are simply fabulous, and you are one of the few masters of CAW, IMO. And your willingness to help others who struggled with that tool was always such an inspiration to me and I'm sure to so many others as well.

:hugs: and <3 to you; hopefully our path will cross again some day. :'(
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    I think you are going to missed more than you know. :'(:'(:'(
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    baturhulyabaturhulya Posts: 198 Member
    Please don't go!This place will never be same without your creativity and helpfulness.
  • Options
    DOLLDRMS1DOLLDRMS1 Posts: 2,955 Member
    Oh, good grief! I popped in here since I want to reinstall TS3 and find this horrific news! I hope you can just take a break and come back to a community that loves you. Big hugz to you!
  • Options
    :hugz: I know. I wanted to say it fast because they want to "close" my accounts because I have more than one. I was peeved and said they could close them all if they closed one (closed means ban). But, I have to wait until a Guru will handle it. I've asked about for years now and they've been quiet. . . wonn't say why this started. :lol:

No worries. I'm doing okay! :hugz: :heart:
  • Options
    MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    Hi Rf. Just wanted to let you know that I FINALLY downloaded your Beach City world! Started adding in a few of my lots, but - dummy me - I forgot to save and it froze up on me. :s:p:D Any way.... I lovvvvvvvve how you laid it all out!! Then, I went to your 13 studio and grabbed a few of your patterns. I know I grabbed one from your 7 page, as well. Even your patterns are awesome! {{hugs, my friend}}
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited September 2016
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Hi! :mrgreen:

I feel so bad so I'm kinda hiding out from this section- I haven't opened CAW in what feels like months. :cry:

@Rflong7 You just need to start. I just got back to sims 3 and am loving it. I love all your worlds, I felt kind of guilty coming back to sims 3, but I am having so much fun. so many coming back. I think that it is better to be where you enjoy the game more then moving on just because a new series came out. I do believe right now that the sims 3 is the best one yet. My sims just had their first baby and I am realizing how much I missed that we can walk around with babies and I did not play much with toddlers, but I believe that I am going to play much more with them, you never know what you miss, until you do not have it or do it. Oh and my wonderful teens, I will once again have.
    Keep up with making your worlds, they are great. You have a very special talent. and Sims 3 and CAW is just right for you. Just because Sims 4 is around, don't let that stop you, there are so many simmers here on sims 3 and loving it and loving your work.

• Options
    dorneviperdorneviper Posts: 52 Member
    Rflong if your still building worlds I have a request. Could you please transform Industrial Island into a not abandoned one with nice weather and water and liveable for sims please and if you are taking request could you tag it as a city? Please
  • Options
    Rflong if your still building worlds I have a request. Could you please transform Industrial Island into a not abandoned one with nice weather and water and liveable for sims please and if you are taking request could you tag it as a city? Please

Hi :)

Sure, I can try it.

A city... with nicer grass (I think it's Bridgeport grass).

original.jpg
    thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9060814

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

Leave a Comment