Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Quarterly teaser is here! BOWLING and VAMPIRES!

Comments

• Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    I noticed this quarter seems to have broken the cycle of SP SP GP SP SP EP. Between CL and the Vampires GP, there will only be one SP, Vintage Glamour. I wonder if this means there will be a slightly different cycle this year?

My hope is that they stretch SPs out a bit so they can get GPs caught up. GPs are suppose to be bundled with 2 SPs each and we're about to have 10SPs but barely getting GP4. They are one GP behind.
  • Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,064 Member
    simgame wrote: »
    I really hope that we will get a new world with the vampire game pack, everybody seems to be talking about a new world with a dracula building. But is that confirmed or is there evidence?

Evidence, of a new world, destination world, same tab than Granite Falls
  • Options
    AlexaiAlexai Posts: 186 Member
    edited January 2017
    Alexai wrote: »
    As bowling alleys close across the country, The Sims team thinks this is the right time for a bowling alley game pack. So ahead of their time!

You realize you're talking about a game release where some people complained about the lack of newspapers and landlines phones right? The same game where some people lamented that their sims used their smartphones too much. People still bowl so I don't see why it's out of place. I understand the content trickle is slow but you can just pass on the bowling pack. I mean there's a good bit of support for a laundry stuff pack and I'd think that would be a small demographic.

I did not condemn anyone who expressed interest in this pack; I just expressed my opinion about it. It's fine to disagree with my position about this but I don't understand why you've made this personal. And yes, I do realize that people have complained about the lack of newspapers, etc.
  • Options
    dorendia122dorendia122 Posts: 6,961 Member
    edited January 2017
    I wonder what makes bowling worthy of having its own stuff pack...

Well it's a whole new activity and probably a new venue type too. Plus there are so many decor items and Cas items they could include that are bowling related. They may even include another gameplay object (SPs usually come with two gameplay objects) such as the pool table! I am really looking forward to building my own bowling alley/arcade for my teens to hang out and have dates! It's one of the things I miss most from previous iterations

I understand that but why have us play $9.99 for something that has been included in expansion packs before?

So we can get different stuff in EPs this time?? It's not like it was free in an EP before. You still paid for it. It's just reallocation of what size packages stuff comes in. Also, we have no idea from this teaser how many gameplay objects are in the SP or how much animation and gameplay is associated with them. Some of the gameplay objects in SPs recently have been pretty rich in what's been developed for them.

I have yet to see a really big difference of stuff in EPs that hasn't been a watered-down version of something that we've had before. $9.99 for one single object that may come with new colors and chairs just sounds schemish to me :/. I get that past stuff packs didn't offer much to the game but one or two re-done objects and a couple of new chairs for 10 bucks just doesn't sit right. I feel like there's more that can be done rather than throwing out these random stuff packs.
    Gmmov8T.gif
  • Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    rinre33 wrote: »
    alan650111 wrote: »
    KatyJay88 wrote: »
    If cemeteries do come, which looks likely given the new grave stones, then I want the ability to host funerals there!

THIS. It is ridiculous that funerals weren't included in the base game! Death is a part of life and we must be given proper ways to honor people's lives.

Could the commentaries (as a lot type) be patched in like the lot traits before City Living? Or does that only happen with EPs and not GPs?

For all we know cemetery could be patched in. These teaser aren't just to give us a glimpse at what packs we can expect for the next 3 months but also what we can expect through patches. Separating what is pack and patches content is hard as sometimes patches content is meant to compliment pack content much like monsters under the bed and kids room.

• Options
    dorendia122dorendia122 Posts: 6,961 Member
    edited January 2017
    andre1906 wrote: »
    Meh!

Get Together = Nightlife part 1
    Dine Out = Nightlife part 2
    City Living = Nightlife part 3
    Vampires = Nightlife part 4
    Bowling = Nightlife part 5

Best way to put it. All we're missing now is a Paparazzi stuff pack :|
    I wonder what makes bowling worthy of having its own stuff pack...

Well it's a whole new activity and probably a new venue type too. Plus there are so many decor items and Cas items they could include that are bowling related. They may even include another gameplay object (SPs usually come with two gameplay objects) such as the pool table! I am really looking forward to building my own bowling alley/arcade for my teens to hang out and have dates! It's one of the things I miss most from previous iterations

I understand that but why have us play $9.99 for something that has been included in expansion packs before? Meh, I guess it's a trend with TS4 series anyways.

@dorendia122 non sim related question, what anime is your signature gif from?

Oh! It's from the Persona 4 Golden anime :)
    Gmmov8T.gif
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    I don't even know what to think about these bowling lanes. Here is a visual of how massive 15x3 is....

tumblr_ojdna5fioR1vz82dto1_1280.png

Hm. I'd go with big enough to show returning bowling balls, a good and sometimes entertaining lead-up to the line, balls doing various things on the way down, and pin action. By comparison, the waterslide from last summer is 2 x 14, so this is comparable.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    edited January 2017

Though we could see different ways of "dealing" with the life state -- they could add an on/off switch (either now or down the road when they add more occult states like witches), or you could delete or "de-vamp" all the pre-made vampires if they set it so the game doesn't randomly spawn new ones or turn existing unplayed households randomly (one of my biggest problems with supernaturals in Sims 3 is that the townies would be randomly changed into assorted supernaturals -- I'd go visit Marty Keaton and he'd be a vampire, for example). That way you could have the build objects but don't have to worry about vampires in your game.

MC Command Center. Do you know it?
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I don't even know what to think about these bowling lanes. Here is a visual of how massive 15x3 is....

Similar to the waterslides -- but at least with the bowling alleys you can stick them in a basement under your building so you've got a lot more space to work with, even if you use a 20x30 lot.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    CarpeNoctemSimsCarpeNoctemSims Posts: 328 Member

Hm. I'd go with big enough to show returning bowling balls, a good and sometimes entertaining lead-up to the line, balls doing various things on the way down, and pin action. By comparison, the waterslide from last summer is 2 x 14, so this is comparable.

Oh yeah, good point.

I don't find the water slide too big so I can live with a bit larger. Putting it into a build though was difficult, it's a bit ungainly.
  • Options
    SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    Can't wait!
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited January 2017
    I truly want to be excited for vampires. I'm not though (happy for those who wanted it who aren't miffed that they're to be in their own pack), so unless there's something in it I can't live without, I'll be passing on it. I'm more excited for bowling. My sims enjoy bowling. They told me so.
  • Options
    VentusMatt wrote: »
    I noticed this quarter seems to have broken the cycle of SP SP GP SP SP EP. Between CL and the Vampires GP, there will only be one SP, Vintage Glamour. I wonder if this means there will be a slightly different cycle this year?

My hope is that they stretch SPs out a bit so they can get GPs caught up. GPs are suppose to be bundled with 2 SPs each and we're about to have 10SPs but barely getting GP4. They are one GP behind.

I'm thinking with GP04 out this quarter, we'll see GP05 in Q2 of the next fiscal year (July-Sep).
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    The more I think about it, the more I worry about what the point is with having vampires without the scared/terrified emotion. Vampires are supposed to be scary, and not just quirky looking sims with odd sleeping habits.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    "Whatcha thinkin bout?"
    "Vampire stuff."
    Winter = January or February
    Spring = March

I wish they'd just say what month, rather than give a season which is horribly wrong for me.

Winter = june, july, august.
    So when it said winter, I had a minor meltdown.

VAMPIRES!! imsquealing irl

OMG!!! ME TOO!!!
    Wait... no. That's just a quote from the guy who played one of my fave vamps. :p
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    leo3487 wrote: »

Though we could see different ways of "dealing" with the life state -- they could add an on/off switch (either now or down the road when they add more occult states like witches), or you could delete or "de-vamp" all the pre-made vampires if they set it so the game doesn't randomly spawn new ones or turn existing unplayed households randomly (one of my biggest problems with supernaturals in Sims 3 is that the townies would be randomly changed into assorted supernaturals -- I'd go visit Marty Keaton and he'd be a vampire, for example). That way you could have the build objects but don't have to worry about vampires in your game.

MC Command Center. Do you know it?

I use it (and love it) but a lot of players don't want to go the mod route -- it's far better if there's an actual in-game feature. Plus, most of the MC Command settings are global, applying to all saves...so if I want my Dark Shadows game save with Barnabas Collins and Victoria Winter, but a separate vampire-free save, I'd have to remember to change the settings each time I go into the separate game save. It would actually be easier for me to "de-vamp" a save before I start playing by deleting households or making changes in Manage Households, as long as we're given the tools to do so and the game doesn't spawn new vampires to replace the deleted or converted households.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

Is the real deal that big compared to a bed? :o
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options

Similar to the waterslides -- but at least with the bowling alleys you can stick them in a basement under your building so you've got a lot more space to work with, even if you use a 20x30 lot.

What you mean?
    I can add waterslide into a basement
  • Options
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

LOL yep but put the water slide next to it and it's not that huge (well it is but if you're ok with the water slide).

Also, I can't count. I have 16 tiles so visually remove one, lol....sorry.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member

Yes. Remember, there are gutters on each side of the lane as well.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    edited January 2017

Aw, now I had to go look that up!
    The minimum total length required for a regulation size bowling alley is 87′. This includes the 16′ approach, 60′ lane, pinsetter machine, and a service aisle behind the pinsetter machines.
    Source: Fusion Bowling.
    A bowling lane is 42 inches wide [3'6"] and 60 feet long, with the length being measured from the foul line to the head pin.
    Source: Iowa Bowl.

Queen size bed: 5' x 6'8"
    Double bed: 4'6" x 6'2"

So, length-wise the equivalent in squares compared to real life would be about 2 squares by 10-12 squares. The 3 squares lets activity happen in the centre not off to one side. The extra few squares (ETA: in length) probably allows for more animation than 10-12 would. ETA: I suppose it might also include seating or something like that - the waiting area.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

Aw, now I had to go look that up!
    The minimum total length required for a regulation size bowling alley is 87′. This includes the 16′ approach, 60′ lane, pinsetter machine, and a service aisle behind the pinsetter machines.
    Source: Fusion Bowling.
    A bowling lane is 42 inches wide [3'6"] and 60 feet long, with the length being measured from the foul line to the head pin.
    Source: Iowa Bowl.

Queen size bed: 5' x 6'8"
    Double bed: 4'6" x 6'2"

So, length-wise the equivalent in squares compared to real life would be about 2 squares by 10-12 squares. The 3 squares lets activity happen in the centre not off to one side. The extra few squares probably allows for more animation than 10-12 would.

I have no idea how much any of that is. The American system is very confusing. But thanks ahaha I'll try and switch it to the metric system :smiley:
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    @luthienrising stop that! I'm done teaching for the day. No math! Nope! *covers eyes and refuses to look*

But....it's interesting seeing the comparison (if I had actually looked) to real life.
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    What do you think the bit in the trailer between the vampires and the bowling is?
    Sin_t_tulo.pngsubirimagenes
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    AlexaiAlexai Posts: 186 Member
    Gabe_oz wrote: »
    MrMonty96 wrote: »
    Alexai wrote: »
    As bowling alleys close across the country, The Sims team thinks this is the right time for a bowling alley game pack. So ahead of their time!

*Where you live.

Mostly. Still some in more rural towns, but I live in a cluster of decently sized cities and I can't remember the last time I saw an open bowling alley.

In the United States ....https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2014-07-10/americas-vanishing-bowling-alleys